Elizabeth Warren 2020 campaign megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 05:09:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Elizabeth Warren 2020 campaign megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 79
Author Topic: Elizabeth Warren 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 133570 times)
Heebie Jeebie
jeb_arlo
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #375 on: April 29, 2019, 09:52:20 AM »

Can a Warren/Cortez Masto ticket win? How do you think they would do in nationwide? Can a two-woman ticket work? Warren and Harris already said they'd consider a woman VP. And a Massachusetts/Nevada ticket sounds like it could be powerful, but I wanna hear what you guys think.

I like Cortez Masto, but I think she's more useful keeping her Senate seat in Democratic hands.  Nevada leans blue, but it's still too competitive a state to throw away the advantages of incumbency for little in return.  Cortez Masto wouldn't add anything to the ticket some other running mate couldn't add.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #376 on: April 30, 2019, 08:56:21 PM »

Elizabeth Warren Calls for investigation into the surveillance of family separation protests.
Elizabeth Warren is calling on the Department of Homeland Security’s Office of the Inspector General to open an internal investigation following revelations that a private intelligence firm provided the law enforcement agency with information on hundreds of protests against the Trump administration’s policy of family separation.

“This most recent reporting raises questions about the government surveillance of Americans exercising their constitutional rights to organize peacefully and protest a cruel and unjust policy that does not make America safer or improve our immigration system and asylum process,” Warren wrote in a letter to DHS Acting Inspector General John V. Kelly and shared with The Intercept on Tuesday.
She just keeps on bringing hits every week.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #377 on: May 01, 2019, 10:22:59 AM »

Warren is moving up in the polls!

Elizabeth Warren Gains Ground In Three New Polls

Heebie Jeebie
jeb_arlo
United States

« Reply #378 on: May 01, 2019, 10:32:59 AM »

Go, Liz!
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #379 on: May 01, 2019, 12:18:15 PM »

Yaaaaaaaa....aaas
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #380 on: May 01, 2019, 02:55:13 PM »

Can a two-woman ticket win?
How do you guys think an Elizabeth Warren/Catherine Cortez Masto ticket would do? I chose them because I know that Warren and Cortez Masto are super close, and I think they have great chemistry. A Massachusetts/Nevada ticket is my kind of ticket, too.

Yes. She should pick her or Julian Castro.

At this point it is indisputable that Warren has the most transformative yet realistic agenda for millennials and black America. I’m supporting her as my top pick at this point. I think she has an unusual and narrow path but it’s there.

For sure. I think especially with Julián Castro as her VP, it would be an excellent ticket. My biggest concern would be the debates, as she would win the way Hillary did, but, well, it would be a repeat of those debates.
I wish she wouldn't even debate him. He is a liar and criminal. The debate wouldn't even be centered on substantive policy. He just wants to troll her with 100 million people watching. It would be him spouting lazy talking points and calling her Pocahontas. But if she declined to debate the concern trolling lamestream media would say she's scared to face him. Roll Eyes
The "Pocahontas" Incident is why Warren would be the worst general election candidate.  It shows Trump can easily bait her and get under her skin.  That isn't something the Dems need going into the general.
Da2017
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

« Reply #381 on: May 01, 2019, 08:19:22 PM »

The "Pocahontas" Incident is why Warren would be the worst general election candidate.  It shows Trump can easily bait her and get under her skin.  That isn't something the Dems need going into the general.

This is what keeps her from being in my top 3 choices.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #382 on: May 02, 2019, 09:27:56 AM »

I don't think Trump's schoolyard insults will play well against Warren. While she's talking about American families and wealth inequality in a credible way, a way that HRC couldn't deliver as credible, if all Trump does is call her names, he will look like a fool while she dismantles him with facts and policy.
 I'd like to see her on stage as Trump call her plans unaffordable, while he has to defend a $2 trillion tax cut he gave to corporations and the wealthiest Americans.
 Would love to see that.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #383 on: May 02, 2019, 10:41:04 AM »

I don't think Trump's schoolyard insults will play well against Warren. While she's talking about American families and wealth inequality in a credible way, a way that HRC couldn't deliver as credible, if all Trump does is call her names, he will look like a fool while she dismantles him with facts and policy.
 I'd like to see her on stage as Trump call her plans unaffordable, while he has to defend a $2 trillion tax cut he gave to corporations and the wealthiest Americans.
 Would love to see that.
Thanks for putting that spin on it.

I absolutely repudiate the notion that Warren will be “unelectable” in the sense Hillary was. Hillary and Warren are both vehemently hated by the right. Hillary’s problem is the far left hated her and young people of color were skeptical of her. Neither will be true for Warren.
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #384 on: May 02, 2019, 02:15:43 PM »

Would love to see that.
Thanks for putting that spin on it.

I absolutely repudiate the notion that Warren will be “unelectable” in the sense Hillary was. Hillary and Warren are both vehemently hated by the right. Hillary’s problem is the far left hated her and young people of color were skeptical of her. Neither will be true for Warren.

Warren's problem is that she's not a natural politician and keeps falling for bait and making gaffes. I think she might be the best potential president of all of the potential nominees, but she's a terrible politician, and that unfortunately disqualifies her as a nominee because she would be the weakest nominee against Trump.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #385 on: May 02, 2019, 02:21:18 PM »
« Edited: May 02, 2019, 03:10:06 PM by GP270watch »

Whenever she gets in a room with actual voters, she amazes. Just look at what she's done the last month. She's a professor in a country that hates teachers and loves businessmen and blowhards. That's not her fault, it's the fault of anybody too dumb to fall into that narrative.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #386 on: May 02, 2019, 03:00:05 PM »

I’m a firm believer that a strong field team wins elections. This philosophy is part of the reason I became a Stacey Abrams fanatic. Warren is going to shock people across this country.
redjohn

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #387 on: May 02, 2019, 03:10:04 PM »

Oh, how I hope Warren has great performances at the debates. She'd be a good nominee, and a phenomenal President. If she's competitive by the time Wisconsin votes, I will vote for her.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #388 on: May 02, 2019, 04:04:10 PM »

Yang2020
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -2.09

« Reply #389 on: May 02, 2019, 11:15:08 PM »

Warren plan to forgive up to $50,000 of student loan debt in households that make under $250k a year supported 57%-40%:

https://twitter.com/Politics_Polls/status/1124162454995341314?s=20
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #390 on: May 03, 2019, 10:14:35 AM »
« Edited: May 29, 2019, 11:41:04 AM by GP270watch »

Warren's 2%(2 cents as she's brilliantly calling it) tax on fortunes over $50 million is also popular by 60% to 34%.

AOC's 70% Wealth Tax on incomes over $10 million has mixed polled results, this same poll has it 36% support to 59% oppose.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #391 on: May 03, 2019, 05:48:00 PM »

Uggggggghhhhhh....

Beto's not the only candidate indulging in this juvenile trash. My condolences to the social media interns tasked with cutesy pet impersonations.

As a former congressional intern myself, I have nothing but sympathy for these people.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #392 on: May 04, 2019, 06:50:30 AM »

Uggggggghhhhhh....

Beto's not the only candidate indulging in this juvenile trash. My condolences to the social media interns tasked with cutesy pet impersonations.

As a former congressional intern myself, I have nothing but sympathy for these people.
Pete Buttigieg has his dogs as their own account, and it is worse.

Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #393 on: May 04, 2019, 07:37:35 AM »

On this episode of Atlas Forum Hates Fun: we're calling people childish and juvenile because their dogs have twitter accounts

Does it really matter, like at all?
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #394 on: May 04, 2019, 06:56:43 PM »

On this episode of Atlas Forum Hates Fun: we're calling people childish and juvenile because their dogs have twitter accounts

Does it really matter, like at all?

It doesn't. Though it is certainly an odd development due to the fact that so many candidates seem to be doing this.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #395 on: May 05, 2019, 04:39:12 AM »

Uggggggghhhhhh....

Pete Buttigieg has his dogs as their own account, and it is worse.

Buttigieg's dog account is ran by his husband Chasten, not some poor interns, and is actually pretty great and not at all cringy
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #396 on: May 05, 2019, 06:09:56 AM »

It doesn't matter, although it does make the candidates involved look ridiculous. It is somewhat insulting to voters. These people are candidates, not comedians. It shows.

Eh, I feel like it doesn't matter. Most voters don't care anyway. In Buttigieg's case, his husband has been running that account for a while now, way before the election, so I don't see why he should stop if people like it.
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #397 on: May 05, 2019, 10:24:11 AM »

It doesn't matter, although it does make the candidates involved look ridiculous. It is somewhat insulting to voters. These people are candidates, not comedians. It shows.

The People: politicians are too stiff, we want to see them act like humans, not robots!!!!

Politicians: dogs are fun and cool, people like dogs, i may as well do a light-hearted thing with my dog to show people i'm human and fun

The People: How dare these politicians try to act like human beings with a sense of humor?!
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #398 on: May 05, 2019, 12:55:28 PM »

The People: She has llikeability problem.

Warren: Dogs/cats are fun and cool, people like dogs/cats. That should work!

The People: Oh my God, wtf is she doing?
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #399 on: May 05, 2019, 01:03:34 PM »

The People: She has llikeability problem.

Warren: Dogs/cats are fun and cool, people like dogs/cats. That should work!

The People: Oh my God, wtf is she doing?

3 posters on Atlas =/= "The People"
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies