Elizabeth Warren 2020 campaign megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 01:56:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Elizabeth Warren 2020 campaign megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 79
Author Topic: Elizabeth Warren 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 134870 times)
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #350 on: April 24, 2019, 09:30:37 PM »

Warren is killing this town hall

She’s really making me consider supporting her. She’s coming across as knowledgeable, personable, and just plain real. When she talks, I believe her.

I don’t know where the idea that she’s “shrill” or “uncharismatic” comes from. She’s probably the most likeable of all the female candidates.

I never really got that argument either. She's the oldest woman in the race, so she might come across to some as an overly-strict grandma or something.

As near as I can figure out, it comes from, "I don't want to vote for a woman, but don't want to say that out loud. So I'll tell everyone 'I don't like her personality'. " Then they go off and support a confessed serial abuser.

That is scarily truthful.
jacobmeteorite
jafcontact
Rookie
United States

« Reply #351 on: April 25, 2019, 09:17:13 AM »
« Edited: June 13, 2019, 12:01:15 PM by jafcontact »

So I'm curious about this pairing because they've done a few projects together, mostly around the time the deregulating of Dodd/Frank from last year was happening. They've got great chemistry and I've heard that they're great friends.

But what made me think of them was when both Warren and Trump were in Nevada on the same day, each campaigning for their Senate candidate. They threw their verbal jabs at each other, and I thought it was a curious look into how a Trump v. Warren scenario would play out. Jacky Rosen ended up winning, and actually pretty handily.

So that led me to wonder... can a Warren/Cortez Masto ticket win? How do you think they would do in nationwide? Can a two-woman ticket work? Warren and Harris already said they'd consider a woman VP. And a Massachusetts/Nevada ticket sounds like it could be powerful, but I wanna hear what you guys think.

GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #352 on: April 25, 2019, 09:43:40 AM »

I'm not comfortable with the Democrats putting so many senate seats in play in states where a Republican can be competitive if not win a special election. But a Warren Presidency would be worth the risk.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #353 on: April 25, 2019, 12:49:08 PM »

Warren is going after the votes of healthcare workers by blaming their racism for the increasingly high rate of maternal mortality among blacks.   Her solution is to implement the healthcare industry equivalent of No Child Left Behind, in hopes that this will make them more caring and attentive to black people or something.   

She mentions "Structural racism" in the tweet but there's no suggestion in her remarks that this problem has to do with any kind of broader structural inequity outside the setting of the hospital itself.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #354 on: April 25, 2019, 02:21:52 PM »

Can a two-woman ticket win?
How do you guys think an Elizabeth Warren/Catherine Cortez Masto ticket would do? I chose them because I know that Warren and Cortez Masto are super close, and I think they have great chemistry. A Massachusetts/Nevada ticket is my kind of ticket, too.

Yes. She should pick her or Julian Castro.

At this point it is indisputable that Warren has the most transformative yet realistic agenda for millennials and black America. I’m supporting her as my top pick at this point. I think she has an unusual and narrow path but it’s there.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #355 on: April 25, 2019, 03:07:07 PM »

How do you guys think an Elizabeth Warren/Catherine Cortez Masto ticket would do? I chose them because I know that Warren and Cortez Masto are super close, and I think they have great chemistry. A Massachusetts/Nevada ticket is my kind of ticket, too.

At this point it is indisputable that Warren has the most transformative yet realistic agenda for millennials and black America. I’m supporting her as my top pick at this point. I think she has an unusual and narrow path but it’s there.

Time to change your username to Warren Warrior, maybe? I think Warren would be winning if Democratic voters were all policy wonks that carefully critiqued every candidate based on their proposed policies and plans for enacting those policies. However, I think that describes maybe 10-15% of voters at most.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #356 on: April 25, 2019, 03:47:07 PM »

Time to change your username to Warren Warrior, maybe? I think Warren would be winning if Democratic voters were all policy wonks that carefully critiqued every candidate based on their proposed policies and plans for enacting those policies. However, I think that describes maybe 10-15% of voters at most.
LOL. I will probably just go back to my regular username when I get home. I tried so hard to hold out for Beto. He says ALL the right things but I just don’t see the political will or fight to do it if he actually gets in. My vote will obviously change if it needs to strategically but Warren is the best person in this field to me.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #357 on: April 25, 2019, 04:12:59 PM »

Warren is going after the votes of healthcare workers by blaming their racism for the increasingly high rate of maternal mortality among blacks.   Her solution is to implement the healthcare industry equivalent of No Child Left Behind, in hopes that this will make them more caring and attentive to black people or something.   

She mentions "Structural racism" in the tweet but there's no suggestion in her remarks that this problem has to do with any kind of broader structural inequity outside the setting of the hospital itself.

There's actually been a lot of studies about structural racism in medicine and treatment of pain. One of the reasons is that medical professionals simply refuse to acknowledge black patients complaints of pain or that something is wrong with them. It's even worse with black women. Warren is on the right track.
Heebie Jeebie
jeb_arlo
United States

« Reply #358 on: April 25, 2019, 04:20:05 PM »

I'm not comfortable with the Democrats putting so many senate seats in play in states where a Republican can be competitive if not win a special election. But a Warren Presidency would be worth the risk.

Agreed.  I hate the idea of putting Senate seats at risk unnecessarily, but Warren really is a uniquely qualified candidate and I'd trust Massachusetts not to make the same mistake it made in 2010. 
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #359 on: April 25, 2019, 10:24:19 PM »

DAMN.

Biden can ignore the rest of the field all he wants but he's going to be taking broadsides from Warren and Sanders, probably also at some point from Booker and Harris.
JG

« Reply #360 on: April 25, 2019, 10:37:15 PM »

DAMN.

Biden can ignore the rest of the field all he wants but he's going to be taking broadsides from Warren and Sanders, probably also at some point from Booker and Harris.

Wouldn't be too surprised if Gillibrand's candidacy takes off a little for her to go after Biden for how he invaded women's space too.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #361 on: April 25, 2019, 10:38:47 PM »

DAMN.

Mike Gravel singled Biden out 12 years ago, so if he can get on the same stage, he's definitely going after Biden again.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #362 on: April 25, 2019, 10:39:11 PM »

LOL. I will probably just go back to my regular username when I get home. I tried so hard to hold out for Beto. He says ALL the right things but I just don’t see the political will or fight to do it if he actually gets in. My vote will obviously change if it needs to strategically but Warren is the best person in this field to me.

How come you've soured on Beto? Do you just not see him as the left-wing strongman (for lack of a better term) needed?
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #363 on: April 25, 2019, 11:01:55 PM »
« Edited: April 25, 2019, 11:05:45 PM by Beto Bro »

Warren needs to continue to call him out. She will win in every contrast and Biden directly addressing her only elevates her profile. She has nothing to lose and she has been going directly for Biden's presumed base of southern Blacks.

How come you've soured on Beto? Do you just not see him as the left-wing strongman (for lack of a better term) needed?
I initially chose him because I thought he could expand the map and was progressive enough to appease young folks but not so much that he'd scare off older people. I just find his roll-out to be lackluster. He is very energetic on the trail and what not but I think once he gets in office he will waffle and start talking about bipartisanship.

Warren has a spine of steel and has gone after some pretty damn influential people. I also highly admire her commitment to closing racial wealth gap and racial healthcare gap. She talks about these issues with nuance and in ways that it doesn't alienate white voters.

She also came right on out with impeachment and had folks like Beto following her lead within 48 hours. She is setting the tone for this primary. I think at this point her best bet is to go directly for Biden's neck and elevate herself as the contrast candidate to him.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #364 on: April 26, 2019, 02:25:52 AM »
« Edited: April 26, 2019, 02:29:40 AM by Beet »

Lol Grassley's nephew is caucusing for Warren:

Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #365 on: April 26, 2019, 02:31:00 AM »

DAMN.

BOOM
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #366 on: April 26, 2019, 09:19:56 AM »

U.S. Senator Warren offers military housing bill to boost inspections, transparency
The Reuters reports here and later Congressional hearings detailed widespread hazards including lead paint exposure, vermin infestations, collapsing ceilings, mold and maintenance lapses in privatized base housing communities that serve some 700,000 U.S. military family members.

The bill from the Massachusetts Democrat who seeking her party’s nomination for the 2020 U.S. presidential election, would mandate both regular and unannounced spot inspections of base homes by certified, independent inspectors. It would also hold landlords accountable for quickly fixing hazards. The military’s privatization program for years allowed real estate firms to operate base housing with scant oversight, Reuters found, leaving some tenants in unsafe homes with little recourse against landlords.

Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #367 on: April 26, 2019, 03:48:15 PM »

There will be an intresting family dinner.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #368 on: April 26, 2019, 06:23:21 PM »

Good for Warren and for him, but what the s***!?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #369 on: April 26, 2019, 06:35:14 PM »

Good for Warren and for him, but what the s***!?

Eh, more impressive would be if someone can get Tiffany Trump's support.
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.35

« Reply #370 on: April 26, 2019, 11:56:35 PM »

For sure. I think especially with Julián Castro as her VP, it would be an excellent ticket. My biggest concern would be the debates, as she would win the way Hillary did, but, well, it would be a repeat of those debates.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #371 on: April 27, 2019, 12:48:03 AM »

For sure. I think especially with Julián Castro as her VP, it would be an excellent ticket. My biggest concern would be the debates, as she would win the way Hillary did, but, well, it would be a repeat of those debates.
I wish she wouldn't even debate him. He is a liar and criminal. The debate wouldn't even be centered on substantive policy. He just wants to troll her with 100 million people watching. It would be him spouting lazy talking points and calling her Pocahontas. But if she declined to debate the concern trolling lamestream media would say she's scared to face him. Roll Eyes
Heebie Jeebie
jeb_arlo
United States

« Reply #372 on: April 27, 2019, 10:23:54 AM »

Silly question, but have Warren and Castro every been photographed together?  I like that shot of Warren and Cortez Masto, but can't find anything even remotely similar for her and Castro.
jacobmeteorite
jafcontact
Rookie
United States

« Reply #373 on: April 29, 2019, 03:54:46 AM »

No pics of her with Castro

Can a Warren/Cortez Masto ticket win? How do you think they would do in nationwide? Can a two-woman ticket work? Warren and Harris already said they'd consider a woman VP. And a Massachusetts/Nevada ticket sounds like it could be powerful, but I wanna hear what you guys think.

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #374 on: April 29, 2019, 04:45:38 AM »

After Biden's entry, the gloves are coming off
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 79  
« previous next »