Progressive News Media (Guardian Article !) are going hard after Beto's record !
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 03:02:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Progressive News Media (Guardian Article !) are going hard after Beto's record !
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Progressive News Media (Guardian Article !) are going hard after Beto's record !  (Read 4686 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: December 20, 2018, 11:15:12 PM »

I would give credit where it is due. Neera Tanden & the moderates have taken a shiny unqualified toy, tried to put on a progressive label & are using it to divide the progressive vote & hand over the primary to the centrist.

Obama was better at fooling progressives.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #51 on: December 20, 2018, 11:32:40 PM »

He is not a progressive. He is a New Democrat & is a part of that caucus. This 90% stuff is BS & Hillary & Bernie had like 90% common votes. Beto himself declines to call himself a progressive.

HE is A Wall Street Democrat who voted to weaken Dodd Frank & for the big banks, voted to advance TPP, for more oil drilling & so on. This is in a 6 year duration where he had to take few tough votes so you add to the fact that he is not qualified. He didn't co-sponsor Medicare for all or Free College while he was in the house.

This was you literally less than a month ago:

Beto ran to the farthest left of any Senate candidate - Abolishing ICE, Impeaching Trump, Medicare for all, No PAC money & he ran a consultant free clean campaign.

The reason you’re lashing out against Beto now is because you have a personality cult attachment to Saint Bernard Sanders and any serious threat to him gets their record nitpicked by you.

You of course would never talk about Bernie voting to dump a bunch of nuclear waste in a poor Hispanic district of course...
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #52 on: December 21, 2018, 12:03:12 AM »

This is a smear campaign because Kamala Harris and Cory Booker were supposed to be the new Hillary Clinton. Only they'd split up the black vote and allow Bernie to continue to ignore black folks and get the nomination. Here comes Beto who has progressive credentials from his vow to refuse PAC money in his run vs Ted Cruz, white liberals love him and he will probably eat into whatever advantage Bernie thought he had with Hispanics.
Joey1996

« Reply #53 on: December 21, 2018, 01:27:42 AM »

This is a smear campaign because Kamala Harris and Cory Booker were supposed to be the new Hillary Clinton. Only they'd split up the black vote and allow Bernie to continue to ignore black folks and get the nomination. Here comes Beto who has progressive credentials from his vow to refuse PAC money in his run vs Ted Cruz, white liberals love him and he will probably eat into whatever advantage Bernie thought he had with Hispanics.

Please explain to me how Bernie is ignoring black voters?
An American Tail: Fubart Goes West
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #54 on: December 21, 2018, 01:39:09 AM »

This was a line of attack that I never really understood in the 2016 primaries. I’m genuinely curious as well.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #55 on: December 21, 2018, 01:43:00 AM »

LOL the dem-socs think they really own the party?
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #56 on: December 21, 2018, 01:50:15 AM »

Statilius, he wasn’t referring to your entire posting history in regards to American politics.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #57 on: December 21, 2018, 01:54:59 AM »

This was a line of attack that I never really understood in the 2016 primaries. I’m genuinely curious as well.

Even if he doesn't ignore them, he is certainly tone-deaf when it comes to appealing to them.
Going to Jackson, Mississippi, on MLK day and trashing Obama and his legacy is one example of that.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #58 on: December 21, 2018, 01:56:18 AM »

Even if he doesn't ignore them, he is certainly tone-deaf when it comes to appealing to them.
Going to Jackson, Mississippi, on MLK day and trashing Obama and his legacy is one example of that.

and?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #59 on: December 21, 2018, 02:14:08 AM »

and?

Thank you for proving my point.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #60 on: December 21, 2018, 09:40:18 AM »

I could spend time finding the articles where Bernie said we need to stop focusing on racial issues and get back to “bread and butter” issues that affect everyday Americans, where he said the predominantly black Southern primaries didn’t reflect reality because his ass got blown out, Nevermind that he was keeping pace with Hillary through undemocratic caucuses, where he went on a white grievance apology tour after Trump was elected, when he said he understood why white voters would be uncomfortable voting for Stacey Abrams and Andrew Gillum, and other things but I don’t feel like it. Y’all will love him regardless.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #61 on: December 21, 2018, 09:46:33 AM »

Surprising, this thread doesnt even mention the actual article anymore, and has just become a fight between Bernie Bros and Beto Fanboys.

Anyway, I think the article tries to draw some unfair comparisons, trying to make some things like his voting record sound worse than it actually is, but its pretty clear, looking at his vote, thats hes not some Progressive hero, and that he represents the more moderate faction of the Democrats.
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #62 on: December 21, 2018, 09:47:50 AM »

He didn’t trash Obama. My f**king god Atlas loves to project.
James Monroe

« Reply #63 on: December 21, 2018, 09:53:21 AM »

Bernie wanted to trash Obama presidency by offering a primary run in 2012.
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #64 on: December 21, 2018, 09:57:03 AM »

No he didn’t - he wanted to push Obama to the left in 2012 but he specifically ruled out a presidential run.
James Monroe

« Reply #65 on: December 21, 2018, 10:32:39 AM »

No he didn’t - he wanted to push Obama to the left in 2012 but he specifically ruled out a presidential run.

He almost cost Obama reelection by his primary challenge. It's reckless decision to go against your party president, as history shown the past challenges of Ted Kennedy and Patrick Buchanan were deteriants to the campaigns of President's Carter and Bush.  Lyndon Johnson drop out after being primaries from the left by Eugene McCarthy. Primal reason for the distrust in Bernie through many Democrats is because of dangerous stunts like this.
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #66 on: December 21, 2018, 10:46:44 AM »

He almost cost Obama reelection by his primary challenge. It's reckless decision to go against your party president, as history shown the past challenges of Ted Kennedy and Patrick Buchanan were deteriants to the campaigns of President's Carter and Bush.  Lyndon Johnson drop out after being primaries from the left by Eugene McCarthy. Primal reason for the distrust in Bernie through many Democrats is because of dangerous stunts like this.

Said primary never actually happened and all Bernie Sanders ever said is that it would be a good idea in terms. The distrust in Bernie is because he challenges the DC status quo which scares off democratic donors who benefit from such status quo at the expense of the common man.
Spiffy
United States

« Reply #67 on: December 21, 2018, 10:50:33 AM »

I think it’s fine for people to report on Beto’s voting record.

#hottake
James Monroe

« Reply #68 on: December 21, 2018, 10:50:38 AM »

He almost cost Obama reelection by his primary challenge. It's reckless decision to go against your party president, as history shown the past challenges of Ted Kennedy and Patrick Buchanan were deteriants to the campaigns of President's Carter and Bush.  Lyndon Johnson drop out after being primaries from the left by Eugene McCarthy. Primal reason for the distrust in Bernie through many Democrats is because of dangerous stunts like this.

Said primary never actually happened and all Bernie Sanders ever said is that it would be a good idea in terms. The distrust in Bernie is because he challenges the DC status quo which scares off democratic donors who benefit from such status quo at the expense of the common man.

The common working class voter doesn't care for Bernie schtick, as evident by being crushed in the minority vote. The distrust goes beyond just a handful of deathly donors, it right through the base.

For all his posturing Bernie is as apart of the D.C establishment as any Washington politician.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #69 on: December 21, 2018, 10:51:03 AM »

Anyway, I think the article tries to draw some unfair comparisons, trying to make some things like his voting record sound worse than it actually is, but its pretty clear, looking at his vote, thats hes not some Progressive hero, and that he represents the more moderate faction of the Democrats.

I told you that Sirota is just a Bernie mouthpiece that attacks other Democrats in bad faith, but you dismissed me.
Happy to see now that you agree with my assessment.
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #70 on: December 21, 2018, 11:06:48 AM »

He almost cost Obama reelection by his primary challenge. It's reckless decision to go against your party president, as history shown the past challenges of Ted Kennedy and Patrick Buchanan were deteriants to the campaigns of President's Carter and Bush.  Lyndon Johnson drop out after being primaries from the left by Eugene McCarthy. Primal reason for the distrust in Bernie through many Democrats is because of dangerous stunts like this.

The common working class voter doesn't care for Bernie schtick, as evident by being crushed in the minority vote. The distrust goes beyond just a handful of deathly donors, it right through the base.

For all his posturing Bernie is as apart of the D.C establishment as any Washington politician.

Yep, which is why Bernie Sanders has very high favorables among minority groups and then out of the blue, you make a bold claim that Bernie Sanders is as part of DC as anyone else based on nothing.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #71 on: December 21, 2018, 11:16:37 AM »

One thing is pretty clear - The primary will be bloody just like 2016. Hillary hacks will prop any neoliberal centrist like Beto or Booker who will move to the left to take the progressive vote.

Sanders is the last hope for progressives for a realignment like FDR did. And the neoliberals want to stop it at all costs. The primary will be bloody.

I won't be surprised if Biden crashes & his entire support goes to Beto ( a loser candidate with no qualification to be POTUS with a moderate record).
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #72 on: December 21, 2018, 11:34:46 AM »

I told you that Sirota is just a Bernie mouthpiece that attacks other Democrats in bad faith, but you dismissed me.

I dont believe that at all, the piece just stretches some of the facts to seem worse than they actually are, it doesnt mean Beto is a Progressive, or that the criticism isnt completely correct.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #73 on: December 21, 2018, 11:37:29 AM »

I dont agree with you at all. I think the piece just stretches some of the facts to seem worse than they actually are. You think that no one can insult your Lord and Savior Beto, and that there is some Bernie Bro conspiracy against him.

Its ridiculous that you attack the Bernie Cult of Personality when you are clearly enveloped in one yourself.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #74 on: December 21, 2018, 11:41:29 AM »

One thing is pretty clear - The primary will be bloody just like 2016. Hillary hacks will prop any neoliberal centrist like Beto or Booker who will move to the left to take the progressive vote.

Sanders is the last hope for progressives for a realignment like FDR did. And the neoliberals want to stop it at all costs. The primary will be bloody.

I won't be surprised if Biden crashes & his entire support goes to Beto ( a loser candidate with no qualification to be POTUS with a moderate record).

Just because someone was a New Democrat once doesn't mean he will never become a progressive. Elizabeth Warren was once a Republican.

Beto ran to the farthest left of any Senate candidate - Abolishing ICE, Impeaching Trump, Medicare for all, No PAC money & he ran a consultant free clean campaign.

Bernie/Ojeda 2020
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies