Biden VP news megathread (pg 286 - been selected, announcement could be today)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 04:48:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Biden VP news megathread (pg 286 - been selected, announcement could be today)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 189 190 191 [192] 193 194 195 196 197 ... 299
Author Topic: Biden VP news megathread (pg 286 - been selected, announcement could be today)  (Read 360218 times)
BidenHarris2020

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4775 on: July 31, 2020, 02:51:32 PM »

Why is Ed Rendell still relevant? I'd sooner listen to the corpse of Bob Dole, than Ed f-ing Rendell.
BidenHarris2020

« Reply #4776 on: July 31, 2020, 02:53:14 PM »

Can’t stand all the sexism from Bass Bros like *checks notes* Dolores Huerta.
Dolores Huerta isn't the one unfairly criticizing Sen. Harris. Try to keep up.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #4777 on: July 31, 2020, 02:54:46 PM »

Why is Ed Rendell still relevant? I'd sooner listen to the corpse of Bob Dole, than Ed f-ing Rendell.

He was the governor of PA and is a major figure in the Democratic Party?
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4778 on: July 31, 2020, 02:58:02 PM »

Duckworth is still the superior choice in every way.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #4779 on: July 31, 2020, 03:03:00 PM »

He's also the same man who said Obama would lose Pennslyvania because he was black.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4780 on: July 31, 2020, 03:08:35 PM »
« Edited: July 31, 2020, 03:14:09 PM by Solidarity Forever »

This is the first google news result for Dolores Huerta: https://paydayreport.com/exclusive-dolores-huerta-on-backing-karen-bass-over-kamala-for-vp-1500-mathematicians-refuse-to-work-on-predictive-police-mexicos-untold-covid-strikes/

“She’s a very humble person, she’s not a self-promoter,” says Huerta, who has known Bass for decades. “She would be very good at the Vice Presidency; she would be able to support what the President is doing rather try to keep the limelight.”

This is essentially the same critique that’s been leveled at Harris for the past week, minus the stuff about the debate. Is Huerta a sexist who hates ambitious black women?
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #4781 on: July 31, 2020, 03:17:57 PM »

This is the first google news result for Dolores Huerta: https://paydayreport.com/exclusive-dolores-huerta-on-backing-karen-bass-over-kamala-for-vp-1500-mathematicians-refuse-to-work-on-predictive-police-mexicos-untold-covid-strikes/

“She’s a very humble person, she’s not a self-promoter,” says Huerta, who has known Bass for decades. “She would be very good at the Vice Presidency; she would be able to support what the President is doing rather try to keep the limelight.”

This is essentially the same critique that’s been leveled at Harris for the past week, minus the stuff about the debate. Is Huerta a sexist who hates ambitious black women?
Um, Dolores Huerta previously endorsed Kamala for President.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4782 on: July 31, 2020, 03:21:46 PM »
« Edited: July 31, 2020, 03:32:34 PM by Solidarity Forever »

Um, Dolores Huerta previously endorsed Kamala for President.

Yes, and now she’s endorsing Bass for Vice President, for the same reasons that the Harris supporters in this thread and in the KHive are calling sexist and/or racist (i.e. that Bass would stay under the radar and not focus on her own presidential ambitions). Is she afraid of ambitious women just like Chris Dodd and Ed Rendell or what?
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #4783 on: July 31, 2020, 03:31:00 PM »

He's also the same man who said Obama would lose Pennslyvania because he was black.

Really? Yikes
BidenHarris2020

« Reply #4784 on: July 31, 2020, 03:31:47 PM »

20 years ago?
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #4785 on: July 31, 2020, 03:46:25 PM »

Bass literally she used to be one of those "defund the police" people when she was younger. She has numerous problematic issues.

Duckworth or Harris are the least problematic of the bunch.

It still appears convincingly that a lot of these stories and people are all red herrings. And it's almost as if they are putting out these Harris hit pieces to rally people around Harris and defend her from the sexist attacks.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #4786 on: July 31, 2020, 03:47:23 PM »

Bass literally she used to be one of those "defund the police" people when she was younger. She has numerous problematic issues.

Duckworth or Harris are the least problematic of the bunch.

It still appears convincingly that a lot of these stories and people are all red herrings. And it's almost as if they are putting out these Harris hit pieces to rally people around Harris and defend her from the sexist attacks.

Harris, Demings, or Duckworth would be the best picks imo.
dunceDude
United States

« Reply #4787 on: July 31, 2020, 03:49:55 PM »

Damn... Biden's team really does not leak!! I don't feel like I know anything, for all the rumors.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #4788 on: July 31, 2020, 03:53:28 PM »

Damn... Biden's team really does not leak!! I don't feel like I know anything, for all the rumors.

yeah, I think the problem is that other than the Dodd BS, the rest of these "comments" are all coming from friends/advisers/whoever that really have nothing to do with the inner circle and really don't know anything, but are just running to the press to get attention
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4789 on: July 31, 2020, 04:02:31 PM »

Another story saying the announcement will come later rather than sooner.

The campaign hasn’t finalized a date for naming a running mate, but three people who spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss the plans said a public announcement likely wouldn’t happen before the week of Aug. 10.
The leading contenders include California Sen. Kamala Harris, California Rep. Karen Bass and Obama national security adviser Susan Rice.
Several California elected officials and labor leaders initiated a call with the vetting team to emphasize that Harris has strong support among labor and political leaders in her home state. The call was organized by Lt. Gov. Eleni Kounalakis and included the mayors of Oakland, Long Beach and Stockton and former Gov. Gray Davis.

https://apnews.com/8c5db0c580eca9c99e0ce337f4522f73
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4790 on: July 31, 2020, 04:06:22 PM »

The anti-Kamala people in Bidenworld aren't even against her because of disagreements over her prosecutorial record (she also wouldn't make it this far in the vetting process if there was something major there). They hate Kamala because of vindictive, superficial and sexist reasons.

They're worried that Kamala will outshine a septuagenarian president? Really? That's just ridiculous. Also, for that reason, it means Elizabeth Warren is or should be out of the running for VP. Warren would certainly outshine Biden. Warren stans should also be opposed to these attacks on Kamala but I guess since Kamala is evil - the attacks are OK.

I've also seen that these attacks on Harris are unifying some Democratic voters into supporting her.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #4791 on: July 31, 2020, 04:11:25 PM »

I really hope it isn’t Bass, she would probably hurt the ticket in Florida. Especially with her past on Cuba.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4792 on: July 31, 2020, 04:20:59 PM »

Barack Oganja

« Reply #4793 on: July 31, 2020, 04:23:32 PM »

It won't be her, refuse to believe Biden and co are that dumb. First rule of VP is do no harm.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4794 on: July 31, 2020, 04:24:11 PM »

The anti-Kamala people in Bidenworld aren't even against her because of disagreements over her prosecutorial record (she also wouldn't make it this far in the vetting process if there was something major there). They hate Kamala because of vindictive, superficial and sexist reasons.

They're worried that Kamala will outshine a septuagenarian president? Really? That's just ridiculous. Also, for that reason, it means Elizabeth Warren is or should be out of the running for VP. Warren would certainly outshine Biden. Warren stans should also be opposed to these attacks on Kamala but I guess since Kamala is evil - the attacks are OK.

I've also seen that these attacks on Harris are unifying some Democratic voters into supporting her.
These folks in here moving goal posts left and right to justify why Harris shouldn’t be on the ticket. Then cluster together and act like we’re imagining things. It’s funny.
Devils30
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #4795 on: July 31, 2020, 04:30:40 PM »

These folks in here moving goal posts left and right to justify why Harris shouldn’t be on the ticket. Then cluster together and act like we’re imagining things. It’s funny.

This is all a smokescreen for the selection who is not in the news this week. Bass and Rice just make no sense as lightning rods and if they don't like Harris, that pretty much leaves Demings among African-Americans.

Duckworth makes much more sense
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #4796 on: July 31, 2020, 04:31:23 PM »

Well Bass is out based on that
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4797 on: July 31, 2020, 04:35:38 PM »

Shocking that people thought a candidate didn't have any skeletons, just because the public hadn't seen them yet. I guarantee you that all potential nominees have bad moments, it's just what happens when you serve in public office, it's just that those who have ran for president got theirs out early.  I trust the vetting team to do it's job, and Bass was probably out a while back for what she has lurking in the closet.
Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #4798 on: July 31, 2020, 04:35:42 PM »

My thoughts are that since VPs don't matter electorally Biden might as well pick the woman he'd get along with best in his administration. A 'governing' pick like Kaine or Ryan. So Susan Rice makes the most sense if I were him.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4799 on: July 31, 2020, 04:47:21 PM »

Team Kamala is fighting back!

Pages: 1 ... 187 188 189 190 191 [192] 193 194 195 196 197 ... 299  
« previous next »
Jump to: