Biden VP news megathread (pg 286 - been selected, announcement could be today)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 07:45:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Biden VP news megathread (pg 286 - been selected, announcement could be today)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 178 179 180 [181] 182 183 184 185 186 ... 299
Author Topic: Biden VP news megathread (pg 286 - been selected, announcement could be today)  (Read 366265 times)
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4500 on: July 28, 2020, 09:28:35 PM »

My source in the Biden campaign says they are making graphics merging Kamala's "for the people" and Biden's "soul of this nation" slogans.
soundchaser

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.26

P P P
« Reply #4501 on: July 28, 2020, 09:30:24 PM »

My source in the Biden campaign says they are making graphics merging Kamala's "for the people" and Biden's "soul of this nation" slogans.

As long as it’s not Rice, I’ll take it. (But this implies Biden has already decided?)
Devils30
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #4502 on: July 28, 2020, 09:33:29 PM »

That seems hard to believe. If anything they’d want her to adopt the Biden campaign line and not merge that cheesy slogan.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4503 on: July 28, 2020, 09:35:54 PM »

As long as it’s not Rice, I’ll take it. (But this implies Biden has already decided?)
Not necessarily. Rice obviously doesn't have a distinct slogan like Kamala did, so they could be deciding between her and Kamala, and even other contenders who didn't run presidential campaigns.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4504 on: July 28, 2020, 09:39:47 PM »

What a shame, Duckworth honestly would be a better pick. While it’s not verified, the likelihood of Harris being the VP seems to be growing.
BidenHarris2020

« Reply #4505 on: July 28, 2020, 09:40:07 PM »

"For the Soul of the Nation" has a nice ring to it
BidenHarris2020

« Reply #4506 on: July 28, 2020, 09:41:19 PM »

For all of the VP talk and how important it would be, the GOP has s**t in the bed so much the past 3 months that it is debatable if it matters.

Maybe Rice implying she would not run in 2024 or 2028 could be okay, leave the future up to the party's voters.

Even as someone who dislikes Rice as a VP candidate, if she came out and promised that she wouldn't run in '24, I'd feel more at-ease about Joe running with her.

It's the potential for President Susan Rice which worries me.

Neither Biden/His VP are going to come out and say they arent running in 4 years. Get real. Honestly
Devils30
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #4507 on: July 28, 2020, 09:43:31 PM »

"For the Soul of the Nation" has a nice ring to it

Hmm maybe it’s not too bad. If she’s a VP I just hope she beefs up on economic policy and doesn’t make her tenure about identity. Heck, Obama kind of started that way and vastly improved just in time in 2008.
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4508 on: July 28, 2020, 09:43:46 PM »

For all of the VP talk and how important it would be, the GOP has s**t in the bed so much the past 3 months that it is debatable if it matters.

Maybe Rice implying she would not run in 2024 or 2028 could be okay, leave the future up to the party's voters.

Even as someone who dislikes Rice as a VP candidate, if she came out and promised that she wouldn't run in '24, I'd feel more at-ease about Joe running with her.

It's the potential for President Susan Rice which worries me.

Neither Biden/His VP are going to come out and say they arent running in 4 years. Get real. Honestly

Yeah, they won't. And thus, the angst among some far-left voters will continue to exist.

I want a President Biden. I don't want a President Rice or President Harris.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #4509 on: July 28, 2020, 09:50:03 PM »

I want Kamala to be the VP but I don't trust your "source".

Is this the same "source" that said Duckworth was going to have a press conference to announce that she's out of contention lol?
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4510 on: July 28, 2020, 09:54:18 PM »

Is this the same "source" that said Duckworth was going to have a press conference to announce that she's out of contention lol?
Yes, and it does appear she's out of the running. Why would I of all people make that up?
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #4511 on: July 28, 2020, 09:58:20 PM »

As he took questions from reporters on Tuesday, Biden held notes that were captured by an Associated Press photographer. Harris' name was scrawled across the top, followed by five talking points.

“Do not hold grudges.” “Campaigned with me & Jill.” “Talented.” “Great help to campaign.” “Great respect for her.” It's gonna be Harris, folks.
pollvaulter
Rookie

« Reply #4512 on: July 28, 2020, 10:22:24 PM »

Kamala is the worst choice for VP

How does she help Biden at all? Other than appealing to rich white suburban women?

CA politician won’t sell well in the Midwest or South.

Probably helps in Arizona, but Kamala weakens the ticket significantly, her & Warren the most divisive VP choices. Even the black community wasn’t crazy about Kamala.

If Biden were smart he’d go with Duckworth, Baldwin, or roll the dice with Keisha Bottoms who would sell better to the working class, puts GA in play. But him & the entire Dem establishment have lost their marbles so choosing Kamala is no surprise.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #4513 on: July 28, 2020, 10:23:18 PM »

Yes, and it does appear she's out of the running. Why would I of all people make that up?
I said that I don't trust your "source" not you.

As he took questions from reporters on Tuesday, Biden held notes that were captured by an Associated Press photographer. Harris' name was scrawled across the top, followed by five talking points.

“Do not hold grudges.” “Campaigned with me & Jill.” “Talented.” “Great help to campaign.” “Great respect for her.” It's gonna be Harris, folks.
Yeah, I know I saw the picture and even commented about it earlier.
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4514 on: July 28, 2020, 10:23:24 PM »

I don't care if you're lying or not this is a fantastic idea.
BidenHarris2020

« Reply #4515 on: July 28, 2020, 10:24:45 PM »

How does she help Biden at all? Other than appealing to rich white suburban women?

Probably helps in Arizona, but Kamala weakens the ticket significantly, her & Warren the most divisive VP choices. Even the black community wasn’t crazy about Kamala.

If Biden were smart he’d go with Duckworth, Baldwin, or roll the dice with Keisha Bottoms who would sell better to the working class, puts GA in play. But him & the entire Dem establishment have lost their marbles so choosing Kamala is no surprise.
Please dont claim to know about what or who the black community, MY COMMUNITY, are/aren't crazy about. You dont have the range or license.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #4516 on: July 28, 2020, 10:33:26 PM »

You literally answered your own question.
pollvaulter
Rookie

« Reply #4517 on: July 28, 2020, 10:38:21 PM »

That’s not going to win him any new state other than Arizona. Plus it depresses any hope of solidifying his own left-wing base, they hate Kamala.

This is like Romney choosing Paul Ryan. Excites no one other than a bunch of Karen’s.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #4518 on: July 28, 2020, 10:40:48 PM »

That’s not going to win him any new state other than Arizona. Plus it depresses any hope of solidifying his own left-wing base, they hate Kamala.

This is like Romney choosing Paul Ryan. Excites no one other than a bunch of Karen’s.

TIL I am a Karen
pollvaulter
Rookie

« Reply #4519 on: July 28, 2020, 10:45:17 PM »

Please dont claim to know about what or who the black community, MY COMMUNITY, are/aren't crazy about. You dont have the range or license.

I’m just reading the polling. She’s had higher unfavorables than Demings, Bottoms, or Abrams.
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #4520 on: July 28, 2020, 10:48:56 PM »

I’m just reading the polling. She’s had higher unfavorables than Demings, Bottoms, or Abrams.

I do have the range and license: Kamala is not any more popular in the black community than any of the other candidates. She will not provide any boost among them for this reason.

Anecdotally, my great aunts are the quintessential Biden supporters: old black women that loved Obama and supported Biden because “it takes an old white guy to beat an old white guy”. They‘re moderates who supported Biden throughout 2019, jumped ship briefly to Bloomberg when it looked like Biden was losing, then came back right after South Carolina. They very adamantly said they don’t want Kamala and want Warren even though they intensely resisted my attempts to sway them to her and Beto’s sides last year.
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4521 on: July 28, 2020, 10:51:54 PM »

Not necessarily. Rice obviously doesn't have a distinct slogan like Kamala did, so they could be deciding between her and Kamala, and even other contenders who didn't run presidential campaigns.

You saw it here first folks.
Pouring Rain and Blairing Music
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4522 on: July 28, 2020, 10:55:28 PM »

Below that it looks like it says “VP: Highly qualified woman, diverse group, black, ...es what to look for”.

Is that "black" or "barack"

I think “Barack” myself.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #4523 on: July 28, 2020, 11:34:51 PM »
« Edited: July 29, 2020, 12:02:33 AM by #TheShadowyAbyss »

People on another server I am on the works on the campaign has told us Biden for sure has made the choice and is just waiting to announce next week and dropped hints with merch and slogans being made. Someone else in this thread also said something similar.

BidenHarris2020

« Reply #4524 on: July 28, 2020, 11:43:16 PM »

You saw it here first folks.

Graphic design is your passion.   Kiss
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 178 179 180 [181] 182 183 184 185 186 ... 299  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies