Biden VP news megathread (pg 286 - been selected, announcement could be today)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 03:08:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Biden VP news megathread (pg 286 - been selected, announcement could be today)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 156 157 158 [159] 160 161 162 163 164 ... 299
Author Topic: Biden VP news megathread (pg 286 - been selected, announcement could be today)  (Read 366115 times)
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3950 on: July 22, 2020, 03:08:18 PM »

Those Duckworth numbers, wow.
Devils30
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #3951 on: July 22, 2020, 03:12:34 PM »

Duckworth has the highest upside with little downside other than not being charismatic.
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #3952 on: July 22, 2020, 04:11:45 PM »

I don’t think his point is that Harris is any less politiciany than the others — just that they would probably do the same thing she will.

I think Harris would be more aggressive, just because she’s wanted the Presidency for a lot longer than Duckworth or Bass have — everything she has done in her career for decades has been laser-focused on moving up in politics and eventually becoming President of the United States. Bass and Duckworth are in a different league entirely in that department. They might try the same stuff, but Harris has succeeded at doing it in California before and I think her 2024 machinations would make Hillary’s 2016 field-clearing look tame

How dare a black woman want to continue to grow in politics and want higher office!

No, this is exactly why I want Biden to pick her Tongue

Almost all of the anti-Harris sentiment is really anti-black sexism dressed up as genuine criticism and I want her to f***ing bulldoze every last one of her opponents

Yeah, the Anti Anti-Harris discourse has gotten a lot more insufferable now
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #3953 on: July 22, 2020, 04:15:07 PM »
« Edited: July 22, 2020, 04:23:29 PM by Monstro »

Duckworth has the highest upside with little downside other than not being charismatic.

And even then, it's not like she's gotta rally across the country and give impassioned rah-rah speeches. I think the stripped-down nature of Biden's campaign now could be a benefit for someone like her who "lacks charisma"

The only other time she'd be facing the public, outside of a webcam, will be the VP debate. And I think she'd hold herself well in a debate format
Devils30
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3954 on: July 22, 2020, 04:15:48 PM »

Yeah, I think Biden's team wants to get to yes on her. Hopefully the final vetting will go well.
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #3955 on: July 22, 2020, 05:26:53 PM »

I don’t think his point is that Harris is any less politiciany than the others — just that they would probably do the same thing she will.

I think Harris would be more aggressive, just because she’s wanted the Presidency for a lot longer than Duckworth or Bass have — everything she has done in her career for decades has been laser-focused on moving up in politics and eventually becoming President of the United States. Bass and Duckworth are in a different league entirely in that department. They might try the same stuff, but Harris has succeeded at doing it in California before and I think her 2024 machinations would make Hillary’s 2016 field-clearing look tame

How dare a black woman want to continue to grow in politics and want higher office!

Almost all of the anti-Harris sentiment is really anti-black sexism dressed up as genuine criticism and I want her to f***ing bulldoze every last one of her opponents

I disagree. I’m not anti-Harris, I just don’t like the idea of Biden picking the future of the Democratic Party. That’s not why he was made the nominee. We just wanted our best shot at kicking Trump out. He needs to be a caretaker President for 4 years and let us decide what direction we want to take the party in 2024.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #3956 on: July 22, 2020, 05:38:10 PM »

I disagree. I’m not anti-Harris, I just don’t like the idea of Biden picking the future of the Democratic Party. That’s not why he was made the nominee. We just wanted our best shot at kicking Trump out. He needs to be a caretaker President for 4 years and let us decide what direction we want to take the party in 2024.
That's just your opinion though. Also, Biden being in his late '70s means that his VP (whoever that is) will most likely run for President in 2024, whether you like it or not.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #3957 on: July 22, 2020, 06:14:12 PM »

Duckworth has not had to face repeated Republican ire yet like Warren, Harris, Rice, etc., have though. Keep that in mind.
Devils30
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3958 on: July 22, 2020, 06:21:15 PM »

It’s harder to attack a wounded veteran than a lifelong member of the political class in SF, DC or an Ivy League law professor.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #3959 on: July 22, 2020, 06:21:24 PM »

Harris shines when she does more things like this - the "authentic" side comes off way more natural

https://www.instagram.com/p/CC9h-PYjjAI/
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #3960 on: July 22, 2020, 06:21:41 PM »

It’s harder to attack a wounded veteran than a lifelong member of the political class in SF, DC or an Ivy League law professor.

I mean, that didn't stop Fox from doing it two weeks ago
BidenHarris2020

« Reply #3961 on: July 22, 2020, 06:31:30 PM »

No it isnt. Trump literally attacked the fathr/mother of a dead veteran. Take off your blinders
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3962 on: July 22, 2020, 06:37:24 PM »

I mean, that didn't stop Fox from doing it two weeks ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOnkZ9Um5ic. Watch this clip. This clip is of a man I admire, who I proudly interned and campaigned for. A man who was truly the most moderate Republican Senator, but was sadly overshadowed by Collins and Murkowski. Who called for a vote on Merrick Garland and disavowed Donald Trump. Who won reelection to his House seat in 2008 by 6 points in a blue wave, even as Obama won his district by 22. The last point speaks volumes about his under-appreciated strength.

Though Mark's brain was fried from the stroke that nearly killed him, he insulted Tammy Duckworth's military service and lost reelection in a landslide because of it. He may not have really had a chance to hold on, but without that comment I think his margin would have been closer to 7 or 8 points rather than 14.

If Trump or Pence goes after her, that would look terrible to literally anyone outside the Trump cult.
Devils30
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3963 on: July 22, 2020, 06:47:31 PM »

No it isnt. Trump literally attacked the fathr/mother of a dead veteran. Take off your blinders

You're missing my point. Yes, FOX attacked Duckworth. Did the attack stick? Judging from some of these favorability polls that just came out the answer is a resounding NO.
politics_king
United States

« Reply #3964 on: July 22, 2020, 07:33:40 PM »

Trump literally just said last week, "I don't care what the Military thinks." Literally said that. Now he's using Federal Agents to push his agenda. The fact that the DHS is going along with this will only empower Trump to try crazier things. Stephen Miller must be loving what's going on.
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #3965 on: July 22, 2020, 09:00:17 PM »

It didn't land, though.
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #3966 on: July 22, 2020, 09:25:16 PM »

It didn't land, though.

He won the election, therefore 100% of his attacks & campaign moves worked.

Or something like that
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3967 on: July 22, 2020, 10:27:02 PM »

KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #3968 on: July 22, 2020, 10:30:04 PM »

Stop. with. Karen. Bass.
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #3969 on: July 22, 2020, 10:36:01 PM »

Biden publicly confirms that Whitmer is still in the running:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/biden-says-whitmer-still-in-contention-for-vp-pick/ar-BB171PbC?li=BBnbcA1

"Incredibly and yes," Biden told Wood TV Tuesday when asked how important Michigan is in the presidential race and if Whitmer was still in contention for the vice presidential nomination.

What's he going to say, though?  "Nah, she's not in the running anymore, we decided to go in a different direction."  No, he's not going to say that publicly.  This doesn't prove much.
Devils30
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3970 on: July 22, 2020, 10:50:55 PM »

Biden is doing an excellent job keeping everyone guessing.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3971 on: July 22, 2020, 11:29:32 PM »

Biden publicly confirms that Whitmer is still in the running:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/biden-says-whitmer-still-in-contention-for-vp-pick/ar-BB171PbC?li=BBnbcA1

"Incredibly and yes," Biden told Wood TV Tuesday when asked how important Michigan is in the presidential race and if Whitmer was still in contention for the vice presidential nomination.

What's he going to say, though?  "Nah, she's not in the running anymore, we decided to go in a different direction."  No, he's not going to say that publicly.  This doesn't prove much.

He could just not comment on who is or isn't in the running, like nearly every presumptive presidential nominee has done in recent history.
American2020
Côte d'Ivoire

« Reply #3972 on: July 23, 2020, 07:27:49 AM »

Devils30
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3973 on: July 23, 2020, 07:31:08 AM »

These pollsters always have an agenda with polls like this one. Take it with a grain of salt. Most people just want someone they see as a competent leader in a crisis, not an ideological hero.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #3974 on: July 23, 2020, 07:58:14 AM »

I mean, it's true though - I think a lot of voters want the most competent, yes, but they ALSO want this ticket to look like America and look diverse.
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 156 157 158 [159] 160 161 162 163 164 ... 299  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies