Election 2018 Open Thread v2 - Mia, Mimi, Gil, and T.J.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 12:41:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Election 2018 Open Thread v2 - Mia, Mimi, Gil, and T.J.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 ... 41
Author Topic: Election 2018 Open Thread v2 - Mia, Mimi, Gil, and T.J.  (Read 77648 times)
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #800 on: November 28, 2018, 12:51:46 PM »

Nah, we lost NC 9th fair and square, congrats to rep-elect Mark Harris.

Based on what? That you don't want to get your hopes up? That you want to appear moderate and reasonable to both sides?

Because the deficit is too large to make up especially with something like Bladen County, and McCready conceded, and the Bladen county certified their results. I trust the election systems and processes in this country, including those places where it is run by republicans. There is hardly any fraud, they do their jobs with integrity.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #801 on: November 28, 2018, 12:59:55 PM »

Based on what? That you don't want to get your hopes up? That you want to appear moderate and reasonable to both sides?

Because the deficit is too large to make up especially with something like Bladen County, and McCready conceded, and the Bladen county certified their results. I trust the election systems and processes in this country, including those places where it is run by republicans. There is hardly any fraud, they do their jobs with integrity.

Well, no.  According to Politico, Harris won the Bladen portion of NC-09 by 17% of 9363 votes in the county, or about 1600 votes.  Harris's overall margin is 905.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #802 on: November 28, 2018, 01:00:46 PM »

Well, no.  According to Politico, Harris won the Bladen portion of NC-09 by 17% with 9363 total votes in the county, or about 1600 votes.  Harris's overall margin is 905.

does anyone have th enumbers of this vote in 2016?
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #803 on: November 28, 2018, 01:00:46 PM »

You have a better view of this than the NC State Board of Elections, one of whom said that strange things have been going on in Bladen County for a number of years?

Probably not, but good luck netting more than 900 votes out of that tiny little county, which I may add is not even entirely in the district, that Harris is winning in.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #804 on: November 28, 2018, 01:03:05 PM »

You have a better view of this than the NC State Board of Elections, one of whom said that strange things have been going on in Bladen County for a number of years?

Probably not, but good luck netting more than 900 votes out of that tiny little county, which I may add is not even entirely in the district, that Harris is winning in.

You realize if they refuse to certify, there's another election, right?
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #805 on: November 28, 2018, 01:05:39 PM »

You realize if they refuse to certify, there's another election, right?

Yeah I read earlier this morning. Pretty ridiculous, it's obvious that Mark Harris won.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #806 on: November 28, 2018, 01:06:12 PM »

http://www.wfae.org/post/nc-elections-investigator-seized-absentee-ballots-bladen-county#stream/0
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #807 on: November 28, 2018, 01:06:18 PM »

Bagel maybe we should wait and watch
Plus mcready's one of your blue dogs.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #808 on: November 28, 2018, 01:07:28 PM »

Why do people keep falling for Bagel's attention whoring? Just ignore his nonsense and eventually he'll shut up.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #809 on: November 28, 2018, 01:20:12 PM »

Well, no.  According to Politico, Harris won the Bladen portion of NC-09 by 17% of 9363 votes in the county, or about 1600 votes.  Harris's overall margin is 905.

Exactly. So how would it be reasonable to say that there is a net gain of 900 plus ballots for McCready out of that place. It’s obvious that Harris won.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #810 on: November 28, 2018, 01:22:00 PM »

Exactly. So how would it be reasonable to say that there is a net gain of 900 plus ballots for McCready out of that place. It’s obvious that Harris won.

does anyone have the Obama and Trump numbers in this county 2012 and 2016.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #811 on: November 28, 2018, 01:23:23 PM »

50-48 Obama 53-44 Trump.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #812 on: November 28, 2018, 01:24:22 PM »

50-48 Obama 53-44 Trump.

ik that lol . Im talking about for the Nc 9th portion of this county.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #813 on: November 28, 2018, 01:28:48 PM »

Based on the link that The Mikado provided, there seems to be a suggestion of widespread voter fraud in the county.  If, for example, 1000 votes for Harris were manufactured...there goes your margin.

Without such a situation, which I fully acknowledge is nothing more than a suggestion at this point, then yes a 900-vote margin is too much to make up.  But there's enough question for the state board to exercise a little patience and make sure everything is above board (or that it isn't.)  Perhaps you should try exercising a similar amount of patience instead of declaring the election over by fiat. 
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #814 on: November 28, 2018, 01:33:05 PM »

Based on the link that The Mikado provided, there seems to be a suggestion of widespread voter fraud in the county.  If, for example, 1000 votes for Harris were manufactured...there goes your margin.

Without such a situation, which I fully acknowledge is nothing more than a suggestion at this point, then yes a 900-vote margin is too much to make up.  But there's enough question for the state board to exercise a little patience and make sure everything is above board (or that it isn't.)  Perhaps you should try exercising a similar amount of patience instead of declaring the election over by fiat. 

I don’t like it or believe it when republicans and trumpists scream widespread voter fraud cost them a close race, and to dems credit, while the are not screaming widespread voter fraud cost them this seat, the mere idea of them entertaining the thought does not go over well with myself either.
Tartarus Sauce
United States

« Reply #815 on: November 28, 2018, 01:42:31 PM »

I don’t like it or believe it when republicans and trumpists scream widespread voter fraud cost them a close race, and to dems credit, while the are not screaming widespread voter fraud cost them this seat, the mere idea of them entertaining the thought does not go over well with myself either.

The Democrats are not the ones suggesting it, the board of elections is. It wasn’t on anybody’s radar, Democrat or otherwise, that something might be going on here until the board of elections suggested it. Don’t be disingenuous.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #816 on: November 28, 2018, 01:44:09 PM »

The Democrats are not the ones suggesting it, the board of elections is. It wasn’t on anybody’s radar, Democrat or otherwise, that something might be going on here until the board of elections suggested it. Don’t be disingenuous.

As soon as dems got a whiff of that, here and other places they have really started entertaining it.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #817 on: November 28, 2018, 01:44:18 PM »

It was a panel of 4 Democrats, 4 Republicans, and 1 Indie. The vote was completely unanimous. If the board for elections is saying something is happening, then something is likely happening.
Tartarus Sauce
United States

« Reply #818 on: November 28, 2018, 01:50:48 PM »
« Edited: November 28, 2018, 01:57:02 PM by Tartarus Sauce »

Based on the link that The Mikado provided, there seems to be a suggestion of widespread voter fraud in the county.  If, for example, 1000 votes for Harris were manufactured...there goes your margin.

Without such a situation, which I fully acknowledge is nothing more than a suggestion at this point, then yes a 900-vote margin is too much to make up.  But there's enough question for the state board to exercise a little patience and make sure everything is above board (or that it isn't.)  Perhaps you should try exercising a similar amount of patience instead of declaring the election over by fiat.  

As soon as dems got a whiff of that, here and other places they have really started entertaining it.

You seem more bothered by the idea that Democrats take seriously a proclamation from a bipartisan election board declaring the possibility of voter fraud than you are by the possibility that a politician won by voter fraud. You have absolutely bizarre priority rationalizations.

I do not believe the suggestions made by the election board in NC-9 carry implications into any other races across the country and I don’t think most Democrats do either.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #819 on: November 28, 2018, 01:57:34 PM »

https://twitter.com/CATargetBot/status/1067853928228827137

We got 1400 more votes from Kings, and Cox WON this batch of ballots. Stick a fork in Valado, if you haven't already.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #820 on: November 28, 2018, 02:05:58 PM »

Bagel, it's really not necessary or helpful to respond to every post about this developing story with "Nope, Harris won." It's a matter of fact that there's something being investigated, even if you have a theory it doesn't amount to anything.
Coffein00
Rookie
Germany
« Reply #821 on: November 28, 2018, 02:14:52 PM »

https://twitter.com/CATargetBot/status/1067853928228827137

Even from Kings TJ got a net gain. This race is over.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #822 on: November 28, 2018, 02:28:49 PM »

Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #823 on: November 28, 2018, 02:36:37 PM »

Holy smokes!
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #824 on: November 28, 2018, 03:11:13 PM »

Woah Kings mostly came in and Teej won that dump?! Yeah, Valadao is completely toasty done. Heck, at this rate, Teej might pull ahead in the Fresno part of the district lol.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 ... 41  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies