Democratic Leadership Elections
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 02:08:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Democratic Leadership Elections
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 22
Author Topic: Democratic Leadership Elections  (Read 27555 times)
AudmanOut
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: November 20, 2018, 02:51:23 AM »
« edited: November 20, 2018, 03:00:21 AM by AudmanOut »

I'm actually embarrassed that I  probably would have supported Tim Ryan's challenge to Pelosi two years ago had I been paying attention to it. It's clear now that it had nothing to do with #populism Purple heart or with the House Democrats' problems gaining back ground electorally.
^^^^

Queen Nancy all the way.

Oh yes. Oh yes.

I love your sig by the way
Edit:I also love your display name
socaldem
skolodji

« Reply #226 on: November 20, 2018, 09:00:14 AM »

I'm actually embarrassed that I  probably would have supported Tim Ryan's challenge to Pelosi two years ago had I been paying attention to it. It's clear now that it had nothing to do with #populism Purple heart or with the House Democrats' problems gaining back ground electorally.
^^^^

Queen Nancy all the way.

Oh yes. Oh yes.

I love your sig by the way
Edit:I also love your display name
TheRocketRaccoon
Singapore

« Reply #227 on: November 20, 2018, 09:52:53 AM »

Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #228 on: November 20, 2018, 11:00:21 AM »

Maybe I don't know what I'm talking about but I guess this isn't going to help her quest to become speaker.
StateBoiler
fe234
YaBB God

« Reply #229 on: November 20, 2018, 12:03:58 PM »

Ahem.

People seem to have forgotten that Pelosi was a member of the CPC before becoming leader. She only left because she refuses to join an ideological caucus as leader of the entire party.

Wow, 16 years ago Pelosi passed as a progressive. Progressive in 2002 just meant you were against deregulating everything in sight and invading every country at once.

Haha. Wow. That's the most Tea Party-like thing I've ever seen written by a Democrat.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #230 on: November 20, 2018, 12:10:53 PM »

Ahem.

People seem to have forgotten that Pelosi was a member of the CPC before becoming leader. She only left because she refuses to join an ideological caucus as leader of the entire party.

Wow, 16 years ago Pelosi passed as a progressive. Progressive in 2002 just meant you were against deregulating everything in sight and invading every country at once.

Haha. Wow. That's the most Tea Party-like thing I've ever seen written by a Democrat.

Jfern thinks anyone to the riggt of Sanders shouldn't be a Dem because in his mind they already support republican policies, and differ little ideologically.
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #231 on: November 20, 2018, 02:14:10 PM »

Maybe I don't know what I'm talking about but I guess this isn't going to help her quest to become speaker.

Lance Mason was an Ohio state court judge who was removed from the bench and ultimately convicted and sent to prison for brutally beating his wife in 2014. She divorced him. Marcia Fudge wrote this letter asking that he be treated leniently by the prosecutor. He was later released after serving only nine months.

Just this past week, Lance Mason apparently murdered his now ex-wife.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/crime-law/2018/11/19/former-judge-brutally-assaulted-his-wife-now-shes-dead-hes-been-arrested/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.30fc0649418c

It's a bit of a gotcha, but it's always been clear that Fudge is a consummate player of the insider game and will support bad apples for power.
MarkD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #232 on: November 20, 2018, 02:31:13 PM »

Nancy Pelosi Mocks Democrats Who Support Impeaching Trump and Abolishing ICE

Is she making it harder for herself, or is this a good strategy?
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #233 on: November 20, 2018, 02:33:01 PM »

This whole thing is really annoying. Dems do not have time right now to play around with this crap. It also just further emboldens the dumb "Dems in Disarray" narrative. Just elect Pelosi for speaker, it's only two years.
Sumner 1868
tara gilesbie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #234 on: November 20, 2018, 02:35:26 PM »

She's doing what she did in 2006-2007 with the movement to impeach Bush (which actually had majority support at one point). Democrats are shills.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #235 on: November 20, 2018, 02:37:05 PM »

Everybody with more than two functioning brain cells agrees that impeachment is a waste of time and will only help Trump by rallying his party around him.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #236 on: November 20, 2018, 03:08:10 PM »

Everybody with more than two functioning brain cells agrees that impeachment is a waste of time and will only help Trump by rallying his party around him.

On top of that abolishing the ICE polls at 25%.

It is hilarious how Pelosi gets mocked by some on the left and yet she has a better feel for the political environment then these clowns.
Sumner 1868
tara gilesbie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #237 on: November 20, 2018, 03:14:56 PM »

It is hilarious how Pelosi gets mocked by some on the left and yet she has a better feel for the political environment then these clowns.

Pelosi opposed impeaching Bush when a majority of the public wanted him impeached. She opposes impeaching Trump today because Democrats need a bogeyman.
Former Kentuckian
Cal

« Reply #238 on: November 20, 2018, 03:20:07 PM »

Lance Mason was an Ohio state court judge who was removed from the bench and ultimately convicted and sent to prison for brutally beating his wife in 2014. She divorced him. Marcia Fudge wrote this letter asking that he be treated leniently by the prosecutor. He was later released after serving only nine months.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/crime-law/2018/11/19/former-judge-brutally-assaulted-his-wife-now-shes-dead-hes-been-arrested/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.30fc0649418c

It's a bit of a gotcha, but it's always been clear that Fudge is a consummate player of the insider game and will support bad apples for power.

I honestly think Fudge's support of Mason is worth primarying her over and is a bigger deal than her challenge to Pelosi. Mason allegedly beat his wife so badly she needed reconstructive surgery, and this occured on front of their small children. Fudge, who had served as director of the office of the Cuyahoga County Prosecutor, implored the office she used to work for in the above letter to give him a light sentence. Well, he got a light sentence, got out and allegedly killed his wife and injured a cop while escaping. This is a big deal and shows a ridiculous lack of ethics, critical thinking, decency, leadership, etc on Fudge's part. She is not a leader and doesn't deserve to be one, IMO

Details on the case here: https://www.politico.com/story/2018/11/20/fudge-letter-criminal-case-1008215

Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #239 on: November 20, 2018, 03:27:15 PM »

Pelosi opposed impeaching Bush when a majority of the public wanted him impeached. She opposes impeaching Trump today because Democrats need a bogeyman.

Pelosi opposed it because it is a waste of time since there is no grounds to impeach Bush on and there was no chance the Senate would have voted to remove him.

As for Trump, she is smart enough to realize that talking about impeachment while Mueller is still working undermines the credibility of both Mueller and the probe.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #240 on: November 20, 2018, 05:14:41 PM »

I honestly think Fudge's support of Mason is worth primarying her over and is a bigger deal than her challenge to Pelosi. Mason allegedly beat his wife so badly she needed reconstructive surgery, and this occured on front of their small children. Fudge, who had served as director of the office of the Cuyahoga County Prosecutor, implored the office she used to work for in the above letter to give him a light sentence. Well, he got a light sentence, got out and allegedly killed his wife and injured a cop while escaping. This is a big deal and shows a ridiculous lack of ethics, critical thinking, decency, leadership, etc on Fudge's part. She is not a leader and doesn't deserve to be one, IMO

Details on the case here: https://www.politico.com/story/2018/11/20/fudge-letter-criminal-case-1008215

Absolutely agreed. She should resign her seat.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #241 on: November 20, 2018, 05:32:33 PM »

Hahahahahahaha!!!

TheRocketRaccoon
Singapore

« Reply #242 on: November 20, 2018, 05:35:47 PM »

IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #243 on: November 20, 2018, 05:38:40 PM »

Again. Pelosi is a master at this. She might even be better than McConnell. Too bad Dems had deadweight Harry Reid dragging them down in 2009-2010.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #244 on: November 20, 2018, 05:39:24 PM »

Eat ****, Seth Moulton.
Florida Man for Crime
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #245 on: November 20, 2018, 05:40:53 PM »

Well, it doesn't exactly make Moulton and Ryan look good that their suggestion for Speaker has now quickly and prominently publicly turned it down and instead backed Pelosi.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #246 on: November 20, 2018, 05:43:54 PM »

She always wins.
new_patomic

« Reply #247 on: November 20, 2018, 06:22:11 PM »

Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution