Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:24:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 ... 99
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here  (Read 148736 times)
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1175 on: September 17, 2019, 01:29:59 AM »

I've been accepted as a staff writer for my university's (only) non-partisan news publication! I'll be writing for the "world" section. Unfortunately I won't be able to post any of my articles on here, as that would jeopardize my anonymity, but I think I'll have a good time with it.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1176 on: September 17, 2019, 01:31:44 AM »

I've been accepted as a staff writer for my university's (only) non-partisan news publication! I'll be writing for the "world" section. Unfortunately I won't be able to post any of my articles on here, as that would jeopardize my anonymity, but I think I'll have a good time with it.

Congratulations! I recently started writing for a small Catholic opinion website and it really is a good feeling to see your writing get out there in muh marketplace of ideas.

Can you share the general subject matter of some of your pieces (region of the world, specific event (if any) that they're about, etc.) with us, even if not the articles themselves?
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1177 on: September 17, 2019, 01:39:59 AM »

Congratulations! I recently started writing for a small Catholic opinion website and it really is a good feeling to see your writing get out there in muh marketplace of ideas.

Can you share the general subject matter of some of your pieces (region of the world, specific event (if any) that they're about, etc.) with us, even if not the articles themselves?

You can PM me if you want to read the articles and I'll send you the text. I trust you bubby Purple heart
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #1178 on: September 19, 2019, 11:21:14 AM »

Owning the libs is so 2016. I get far more satisfaction bashing Republicans.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1179 on: September 19, 2019, 06:05:10 PM »

20,000 posts, no idea whether to celebrate or commiserate...but since it is what it is, well, Vocaroo.

https://vocaroo.com/i/s1xdZolsIAgu
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1180 on: September 19, 2019, 09:33:39 PM »

Rimowa is so damn delicate...
I'm gonna put it away in the closet and travel exclusively with my B&R from now on.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #1181 on: September 19, 2019, 11:21:00 PM »

Can someone explain the Grand Mufti forum meme?  I missed whatever started it and now I just feel so confused when it comes up.
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1182 on: September 20, 2019, 02:12:11 PM »

Can someone explain the Grand Mufti forum meme?  I missed whatever started it and now I just feel so confused when it comes up.
I think Fuzzy said people were being antisemitic for not denouncing the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem but I'm not 100% sure.
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1183 on: September 20, 2019, 02:19:13 PM »

Quite a bit of a mess going on around school. A coach (who was also my government and economics teacher) was forced to quit after it was found out that he'd been sending inappropriate pictures to students.

A kid who rides on my bus, and who I know decently well, made a joke about blowing up the school and got arrested yesterday. Dumbass.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1184 on: September 20, 2019, 02:40:00 PM »

I think Fuzzy said people were being antisemitic for not denouncing the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem but I'm not 100% sure.

To be more precise it started with Fuzzy demanding that TSA (who happens to be Palestinian) condemn the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem (who happened to be dead since 1974), and when TSA refused to take a bit, Fuzzy declared him to be the Mufti's "fan".
I Can Now Die Happy
NYC Millennial Minority
United States
Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: -4.70

P P
« Reply #1185 on: September 20, 2019, 03:54:04 PM »

I literally, and I mean *LITERALLY* almost died from indigestion. It made me realize the fragility of life. I'm going to be an uber diet nazi from now on and possibly find religion again. I'll see you all later. If I don't post again in a while, please remember me.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1186 on: September 20, 2019, 04:48:41 PM »

I literally, and I mean *LITERALLY* almost died from indigestion. It made me realize the fragility of life. I'm going to be an uber diet nazi from now on and possibly find religion again. I'll see you all later. If I don't post again in a while, please remember me.

Nothing like the inevitability of death to get people to enthusiastically delude themselves.
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1187 on: September 20, 2019, 06:55:26 PM »

I've gotten myself into a tough situation from the opposite place I usually am:

So, last week, I decided to give a try to the new Facebook Dating feature.  On Sunday, I matched with this girl, and we started to text.  On paper, it seems like a really good fit- she seems like a very strong Christian, she has some similar interests, we have talked over text about all of the moral issues, etc.  But, tonight is the night that we are supposed to get dinner, and I'm just feeling like I'm not interested at all.

Part of it is something that I probably overlooked at first.  She's 20 and I'm 23; I didn't view that as a big deal at first, but, the more I think about it, she is a sophomore in college and I've been out of college for a year and a half.  We are just at completely different stages in our lives.  When I text with her, I'm starting to feel that majorly for some reason.  But, I think there is something else at play here too- every night, I go to bed thinking about a girl from my church, not this girl I'm supposed to get dinner with.  The problem is that I know that my friend from church (who is still a very good friend) isn't interested because I asked her in July.  So, I feel like I have to move on, but, when I try, I can only think of her.

The other side of this is that it's not that often that I get dates, so now that I have a girl who seems like a very sweet and nice person interested in going out with me, part of me feels like I would be making a big mistake by turning it down.  Regardless, it's too close to the date to cancel without being a total jerk, so maybe it will go better than I expect it to.  I've never met her, so maybe I am underselling her based solely on texts.

I want a wife and kids so badly, and every other time I have gone out to eat with a girl even when it wasn't explicitly a date, I was so excited, but I just feel nothing this time.  And, I fear, that, as much as I want to make excuses of why she isn't the perfect girl, the real reason is that I have such strong feelings for a girl from my church that I know I can't date.

If you are of the sort, please say a prayer for me!
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1188 on: September 20, 2019, 07:59:33 PM »
« Edited: September 22, 2019, 09:13:34 AM by Grand Mufti of NY »

I want a wife and kids so badly, and every other time I have gone out to eat with a girl even when it wasn't explicitly a date, I was so excited, but I just feel nothing this time.

Is that really necessary?  I don't fit that belief set at all.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #1189 on: September 20, 2019, 10:04:07 PM »
« Edited: September 20, 2019, 11:30:29 PM by RINO Tom »

*Random*...

I hate how universally bad math teachers are as educators.  They’re like pro athletes teaching regular people; they just honestly can’t understand or often pick up on why their students can’t keep up sometimes, because they’re so “talented” at math and they’ve studied so much of it that they seem to mentally skip steps that we “laymen” kind of need to make sense of it.  My mom places student teachers as part of her job, and she’s confirmed as much.  It seems to get worse as you progress up the academia chain.  Not sure what others’ experiences are (and I’m sure several here are SO much better at math than I am), but I’ve always found math teachers, specifically - regardless of how much I personally like them - to be underwhelming in the actual art/science of helping people learn.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #1190 on: September 20, 2019, 11:27:10 PM »
« Edited: September 20, 2019, 11:31:20 PM by The Esophagus »

I hate TN so much. I can't wait to get out, to leave this state and let the memories just fade until they seem like nothing more than a hellish dream.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1191 on: September 20, 2019, 11:30:34 PM »

I've gotten myself into a tough situation from the opposite place I usually am:

So, last week, I decided to give a try to the new Facebook Dating feature.  On Sunday, I matched with this girl, and we started to text.  On paper, it seems like a really good fit- she seems like a very strong Christian, she has some similar interests, we have talked over text about all of the moral issues, etc.  But, tonight is the night that we are supposed to get dinner, and I'm just feeling like I'm not interested at all.

Part of it is something that I probably overlooked at first.  She's 20 and I'm 23; I didn't view that as a big deal at first, but, the more I think about it, she is a sophomore in college and I've been out of college for a year and a half.  We are just at completely different stages in our lives.  When I text with her, I'm starting to feel that majorly for some reason.  But, I think there is something else at play here too- every night, I go to bed thinking about a girl from my church, not this girl I'm supposed to get dinner with.  The problem is that I know that my friend from church (who is still a very good friend) isn't interested because I asked her in July.  So, I feel like I have to move on, but, when I try, I can only think of her.

The other side of this is that it's not that often that I get dates, so now that I have a girl who seems like a very sweet and nice person interested in going out with me, part of me feels like I would be making a big mistake by turning it down.  Regardless, it's too close to the date to cancel without being a total jerk, so maybe it will go better than I expect it to.  I've never met her, so maybe I am underselling her based solely on texts.

I want a wife and kids so badly, and every other time I have gone out to eat with a girl even when it wasn't explicitly a date, I was so excited, but I just feel nothing this time.  And, I fear, that, as much as I want to make excuses of why she isn't the perfect girl, the real reason is that I have such strong feelings for a girl from my church that I know I can't date.

If you are of the sort, please say a prayer for me!

Dude go get her brah, no regrets!!! You miss 100% of the shots you don't take and like, who knows it could end up being something great!!! You know I am not a church man but like I will be hoping you take life by the horns and go out there and grab your destiny brah because you are a church man and you should find yourself a church woman to be with!!! 💯💯💯
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1192 on: September 22, 2019, 02:37:24 PM »

I wonder how much tequila is inside a pitcher of margaritas. Morning after is probably not the right time to be asking that question.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1193 on: September 22, 2019, 10:29:36 PM »

I think I'm the only McAfee supporter here Sad

McAfee supporters show urselves!!

It's just your own reflection in the mirror.

If u want to make the world a better place, u start with the man in the mirror 💯💯💯
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #1194 on: September 23, 2019, 01:06:14 AM »

I ended up going to the Bernie rally. Was a lot more fun than I expected.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1195 on: September 24, 2019, 12:56:20 AM »

I can no longer call myself an Atheist as of a week ago. I finally had a spiritual awakening - one I never believed I would experience. It has proved to be very positive for me so far and I have been making real improvements in my mental state since then. It has also enabled me to put certain things into a better context, such as politics. I am now trying to be less dogmatic and negative in my thoughts and approach.

No, I haven't become a Christian or Muslim. I absolutely do not believe in any kind of Abrahamic god. I don't find the concept of god important whatsoever. My beliefs are inspired by research into quantum mechanics, consciousness studies, past life regression therapy, and Buddhism. It's a work in progress, but I certainly feel very positive about it.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #1196 on: September 24, 2019, 11:45:26 PM »

dil dil greedostand jan jan greedostan
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1197 on: September 26, 2019, 11:31:22 PM »

Saw Michigan legend Bruce Campbell live tonight at a screening of Evil Dead 2 which was combined with/followed by a Q-and-A session. Despite my efforts, I never got to ask Bruce if he and Sam had discussed his part in Spiderman 4 yet. Sad
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1198 on: September 30, 2019, 06:24:13 PM »
« Edited: September 30, 2019, 06:33:16 PM by The Esophagus »

alright bitches time to hear about how i tore this weekend up so hard that i now have to wear a turtleneck out in the 90 degree heat the rest of this week, probably.

so like, my birthday is coming up and it's depressing the hell out of me right, like but this last weekend i had a whole weekend off for the first time in idk how long so i was like hell yeah let's go get it and so my fiancee and I a few weeks back rented a big ass house out in the middle of nowhere in Illinois for the weekend that the owners said we could party at, and we invited "the dream team" (a group consisting of our best friends, 3 guys and 5 girls, from our university days) to like, crash and get wasted and stuff. so we committed to like an almost 5 hour ride lmao but whatever.

we showed up and this place was lit af. hot tub, pool, big ass beds, it had it all. so like, on Saturday night we all got absolutely wasted and played a bunch of drinking games and chilled in the hot tub (where my fiancee gave me an absolutely massive hickey on my neck, like tbh I was too drunk too care at the time but now i'm like why did i let her do that) but whatever, idc if i look like a trashy high schooler. Everybody also had a lot of fun and we did a bunch of other stuff and honestly I can't remember all we did but it was fun. So that's why I have to wear a turtleneck the rest of this week. but 100% worth it man this weekend slapped.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #1199 on: October 01, 2019, 12:39:11 AM »

I have not been posting much lately, but I've still been on several times a day and reading stuff here. It's not because "oh my I don't have time" or "oh my mental health has forced me to take a step back" or any other of that weird stuff, it's just there's not much to post about, kinda a drought going on in the elections world rn, ngl. And I do miss it. Can't wait for things to kick back up again.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 ... 99  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies