Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 31, 2024, 10:41:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 99
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here  (Read 150582 times)
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #575 on: March 10, 2019, 11:49:31 AM »

Ive lost 60lbs in the last 2 and a half months by eating 1 day a week and taking supplements on the other 6 days. Tommorrow Im starting a 20 day water fast to get rid of that last bit of 20-30lbs to get down to my normal BMI. I havent been this skinny since college
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #576 on: March 10, 2019, 03:50:57 PM »

Long story short, I don’t have to go the Bahamas, but I am at the airport dropping my sister off with my dad (he is not going), and both of them went inside and ditched me with the car in the dropoff zone, and I have been sitting here for over half an hour in a zone you are not supposed to park in. I also don’t even have a license, so I’m just sitting here with the car turned off. Hopefully he comes back soon.

UGH I kinda hope the car just gets towed away to teach him a lesson.

Dude, this is getting so annoying, if some airport personnel asks me to move, I’m just going to tell me my dad left me with the car can you take it away?

What an @$$hole move, if he knew he would be gone for so long, park the car in a proper place.

He told me to sit in the driver seat so the car looks occupied, and people have just been honking at me every 5 minutes.

Been over an hour now.

Finally he came back.

Yeah, that's not a good move. You could've been in trouble too.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #577 on: March 10, 2019, 10:31:32 PM »

Long story short, I don’t have to go the Bahamas, but I am at the airport dropping my sister off with my dad (he is not going), and both of them went inside and ditched me with the car in the dropoff zone, and I have been sitting here for over half an hour in a zone you are not supposed to park in. I also don’t even have a license, so I’m just sitting here with the car turned off. Hopefully he comes back soon.

UGH I kinda hope the car just gets towed away to teach him a lesson.

Dude, this is getting so annoying, if some airport personnel asks me to move, I’m just going to tell me my dad left me with the car can you take it away?

What an @$$hole move, if he knew he would be gone for so long, park the car in a proper place.

He told me to sit in the driver seat so the car looks occupied, and people have just been honking at me every 5 minutes.

Been over an hour now.

Finally he came back.

Yeah, that's not a good move. You could've been in trouble too.

I agree it's a bad move, I was not really concerned with airport personnel, since I doubt they would have gotten me in trouble as a minor without a license just sitting there with the car parked, because my dad told me to. They would probably would have gotten him in trouble and also tow the car (which I don't give a crap if it gets towed, it would teach him a lesson, give me satisfaction, and also we would have just uber'd home where there are two other cars to use until he repo'd the one he drove there). I was more concerned about the pissed off people who were honking every five minutes and knocking on the car, I still have no idea how no airport personnel came out to the vehicle. I sat there continuously for like an hour and twenty minutes. I think he was too cheap to cough up the few bucks for proper short term parking, which was like just a few dozen yards away, and he knew he was going to be in there for a while, even told me to hop in the drivers seat and pretend to look busy.  
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #578 on: March 11, 2019, 10:53:48 AM »

So I've got over 700 likes on instagram for a photo featuring an abandoned car on an abandoned farm. And I've essentially intended it as dumping it in between what I saw as more worthy posts.
James Monroe

« Reply #579 on: March 11, 2019, 11:05:05 AM »

I'm at my apartment right now, abstain from my work schedule, as I catch the cold over the weekend. Fortunately I am feeling better right now, hoping to get out and back in action come tomorrow.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #580 on: March 11, 2019, 03:06:00 PM »

After getting told I lacked the requisite experience for a job, I made some calls to HR and today I got a call back where an HR consultant told me (after he looked up my resume) there were some things there making me worthy of reconsideration. Hoping I get the news back before 4/15, which is the deadline for me accepting funding for a full-time grad program.
You don't see any blue avatars now
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #581 on: March 12, 2019, 08:07:05 AM »
« Edited: March 12, 2019, 09:38:06 AM by Alt-Male »

I should be doing my work but instead I'm scouring the depths of my school's website to see if I can change my name in their system.

EDIT: Got the job done, the counselor deadnamed me and called me "sir" as I was leaving. I want to f[inks]ing kill myself.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #582 on: March 12, 2019, 04:22:10 PM »

I should be doing my work but instead I'm scouring the depths of my school's website to see if I can change my name in their system.

EDIT: Got the job done, the counselor deadnamed me and called me "sir" as I was leaving. I want to f[inks]ing kill myself.

Don't let it get to you, douchebags akin to me are not worth your time getting upset over.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #583 on: March 12, 2019, 06:58:43 PM »
« Edited: March 12, 2019, 07:02:04 PM by LaRouche Lives Forever! »

I spoke before a State Senate Committee today in my dusty suit in favor of term limits. Former gubernatorial candidate/RLC Chair Bob White went first however, and basically read the laundry list I had prepared for myself in a much more articulate fashion.

They called my name next, and my anxiety went through the roof. I'll quote exactly what I said:

"Yeah, I'm gonna be brief. The reason we need term limits for school boards and municipal offices can be summed up in two words: Brenda Snipes." I've never had a stutter, but my nerves made it very hard for me to come off as coherent for the first five seconds, forcing me to repeat the sentence.

When I get tongue-tied/garbled and have trouble getting a sentence out, which happens from time to time, I usually try to make the situation less awkward by joking "did I just have a stroke?" Unfortunately, this wasn't the place for that line.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #584 on: March 12, 2019, 08:22:32 PM »

Lawl Sanchez. Someone’s going to find the public access tape of this if you ever run for anything requiring oppo research.
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #585 on: March 12, 2019, 08:41:28 PM »

Lawl Sanchez. Someone’s going to find the public access tape of this if you ever run for anything requiring oppo research.

Why would anyone care if your speaking skills are imperfect? It reflects absolutely nothing on you as a person if your speaking skills are subpar.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #586 on: March 13, 2019, 04:50:58 PM »

Starting today I am taking the initiate to improve my health. I am phasing out soda and junk food and I bought a bunch of varying weight dumbells and am doing more cardio. My goal weight is 195 pounds at the moment.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #587 on: March 13, 2019, 05:25:46 PM »

Taking an exam for a job tomorrow. Still not sure if I’d take the job over the fellowship.

Starting today I am taking the initiate to improve my health. I am phasing out soda and junk food and I bought a bunch of varying weight dumbells and am doing more cardio. My goal weight is 195 pounds at the moment.

Lent actually began last Wednesday.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #588 on: March 13, 2019, 06:28:40 PM »

Brah stuff's not cool right now. I need to like, power through the rest of this week then I'll take Saturday or Sunday off.
You don't see any blue avatars now
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #589 on: March 14, 2019, 10:47:47 AM »

God damn it. Writing a 13-page essay about the Vice Presidency has come back to bite me in the ass--I'm not talented enough for the only reasonable "product" I'm supposed to do in order to graduate, and the product is mandatory.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #590 on: March 14, 2019, 06:41:03 PM »
« Edited: March 14, 2019, 07:03:13 PM by Prolocutor Bagel23 »

Man this is like the dozenth time I’ve been to Austin, and it sucks more every time, Dallas is way better than this dump.

Wtf, the hotel room tv is not showing the cnn feed even though they have the channel, this is ridiculous, no one denies my family and I Erin Burnett’s show followed by AC360, big problem, the maintenance staff will be addressing this big problem, my dad called the hotel maintenance people, they will be coming soon.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #591 on: March 15, 2019, 02:33:29 PM »

So guys, we did it! We reached a quarter of four thousand posts. 1,000 posts and still growing. The fact that we've reached this number in such a long amount of time is just phenomenal, I'm-I'm just amazed. Thank you all so much for supporting this account and helping it grow. I-I love you guys...you guys are just awesome. I swear, if nobody else gets this reference, and I waste my 1,000th post for nothing, I'm just gonna leave this garbage forum and never come back.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #592 on: March 15, 2019, 05:20:30 PM »

Man this is like the dozenth time I’ve been to Austin, and it sucks more every time, Dallas is way better than this dump.

Wtf, the hotel room tv is not showing the cnn feed even though they have the channel, this is ridiculous, no one denies my family and I Erin Burnett’s show followed by AC360, big problem, the maintenance staff will be addressing this big problem, my dad called the hotel maintenance people, they will be coming soon.

I find that hard to believe. I mean, besides Love Field. Oh wait, that one they keep hidden away and hard to find.

But then, I'll probably drive through Austin on my way back to College Station in a few weeks.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #593 on: March 15, 2019, 09:17:42 PM »

I find that hard to believe. I mean, besides Love Field. Oh wait, that one they keep hidden away and hard to find.

But then, I'll probably drive through Austin on my way back to College Station in a few weeks.

Sorry, I just disagree. Love Field is so easy to find. Literally head some blocks west hop on the tollway, head west some more, and it is right there. 15-20 minute drive on an average day.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #594 on: March 16, 2019, 01:01:37 AM »

brah I've been taking time out of my schedule to go to the gym and I'm actually beyond stoked for spring to finally show up and all that. Things are good.

Anyway while killing it at the gym slaps, the friend I've been working out with is really cool and she invites me and my fiancee over to her house, so we've been going sometimes just to drink, play games or spill tea. Finally working some leisure time into my life has been great.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #595 on: March 16, 2019, 11:58:35 PM »

Motivational message for St Patricks Day

https://youtu.be/eNd-iGzVtOw
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #596 on: March 17, 2019, 08:11:45 PM »

I see my drunkposting got a little out of hands today,
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #597 on: March 20, 2019, 06:14:27 PM »

brah this is like, this week has been killer.

you know I just need to sleep. Or chill out. Or something. Things are just like rough or something idk. I can't think about it, you know if you don't think about how rough things are it seems like they aren't. If that makes sense.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #598 on: March 20, 2019, 06:44:36 PM »

My brother has been missing since 7:00 AM. This time feels really, really, really bad. I think the call is going to come any minute now.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #599 on: March 20, 2019, 06:46:48 PM »

My brother has been missing since 7:00 AM. This time feels really, really, really bad. I think the call is going to come any minute now.

I hope with all my heart it'll end well in the end. Stay strong, my friend.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 99  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies