Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 03:06:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 99
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here  (Read 149580 times)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: November 13, 2018, 09:25:35 AM »

Because that’s my MO given the last two.

Ghosted anyway at this point, do doesn’t matter.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #176 on: November 13, 2018, 08:57:03 PM »

Because that’s my MO given the last two.

Ghosted anyway at this point, do doesn’t matter.

I s'pose it is better to ghost than be ghosted.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #177 on: November 15, 2018, 12:55:44 AM »

I think I have strep brah, really sucks a$$ bcuz I feel unproductive and stuff. Also I have a packed weekend, gonna be hell.

I'll be stronger for getting through it.
Don Vito Corleone
bruhgmger2
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -5.91

« Reply #178 on: November 15, 2018, 07:16:43 AM »

I think I have strep brah, really sucks a$$ bcuz I feel unproductive and stuff. Also I have a packed weekend, gonna be hell.

Based off of our chats on the discord, I think you have a packed existence overall.
PragmaticPopulist
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -5.57

« Reply #179 on: November 15, 2018, 02:06:44 PM »

Just got into a minor car accident. It's a wintry mix here, so the roads are very slick. I still had to go to classes today though. On my way back home, I lost control of my car as I was going done a hill, and spun out, getting stuck in a ditch. Thank goodness the impact was soft and I was less than a mile from home. I was completely unhurt, and the car didn't look very damaged from what I could tell.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #180 on: November 15, 2018, 04:08:06 PM »

Just got into a minor car accident. It's a wintry mix here, so the roads are very slick. I still had to go to classes today though. On my way back home, I lost control of my car as I was going done a hill, and spun out, getting stuck in a ditch. Thank goodness the impact was soft and I was less than a mile from home. I was completely unhurt, and the car didn't look very damaged from what I could tell.

Nature strikes back, jk, you are ok and that is good.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #181 on: November 16, 2018, 02:16:17 AM »

Narcos Mexico comes out in 44 minutes. Knowing me I'll be done with all the episodes by Saturday and go back to having nothing to watch again. Oh well.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #182 on: November 16, 2018, 09:42:17 AM »

I'm working from home due to a snow storm... in November. Sometimes I hate Canada Tongue
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #183 on: November 16, 2018, 01:07:08 PM »

I'm working from home due to a snow storm... in November. Sometimes I hate Canada Tongue

We’ve gotten regular snow since Monday in Michigan.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #184 on: November 16, 2018, 01:44:24 PM »

Based off of our chats on the discord, I think you have a packed existence overall.

hell yeah brah it's actually making me depressed that i've been not able to do stuff the past couple of days. I have a real high fever and stuff, it sucks.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #185 on: November 16, 2018, 01:51:55 PM »

I can barely walk after stepping on a nail yesterday, while exploring new location. 
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #186 on: November 16, 2018, 11:52:08 PM »

You know I feel like a lot of people on here don't really understand why I'm a neoconservative. I've been thinking about it, I get labeled "sociopath" and stuff here, probably at least partially due to my political views. You know why I'm a neoconservative, and why it's not a sociopath ideology?

When you're a 7 year old kid, with parents who don't love you, and knowing full well that if you dropped dead the next day not a single person would care, in fact your classmates at school would probably be happy if you did, and one day the President of the United States comes on TV and says "We're going on this great undertaking to free an entire nation of people on the other side of the world, people who live under fear every day, people who don't have opportunities like we do in America because the people above them won't allow them to." That gives you hope. That makes you think "When I get out of this situation I'm going to help others get out of it too."

That's why I'm a neoconservative. It's not because I enjoy watching people suffer. It's because I think everyone should get the same rights and opportunities we do here in the USA, even if 99% of their nation wants to enforce some kind of religious or economic totalitarianism on them, and elects a government that does so, the 1% that wants to make something of themselves shouldn't be stifled by the 99%, and their government, who want to control their life in a way they don't want.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #187 on: November 18, 2018, 02:19:11 AM »

I can barely walk after stepping on a nail yesterday, while exploring new location. 

Hope you already had a tetanus shot, even betas who don't go outside like me should get them.
kcguy
Romania

« Reply #188 on: November 18, 2018, 06:32:13 PM »

I was going to go grocery shopping yesterday. . .until another driver T-Boned my car and sent it to the tow lot.

I decided to walk to the grocery store today.  I was gone over an hour, and I was only able to carry half my normal weekly haul.  How do people without cars manage on a day-to-day basis?

My insurance company arranged for a rental car tomorrow, and the rental agency is 2.3 miles away.  I could have them pick me up, but I normally leave for work 20 minutes before they even open, so I'm considering walking again, weather permitting.  Or I may just break down and call a cab.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #189 on: November 18, 2018, 11:11:14 PM »

I decided to walk to the grocery store today.  I was gone over an hour, and I was only able to carry half my normal weekly haul.  How do people without cars manage on a day-to-day basis?

First off, they probably shop at someplace closer.
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #190 on: November 19, 2018, 01:00:15 AM »

Whenever I see a new wave of AMA threads, I try to think of the most challenging possible questions to ask everyone who created such a thread.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #191 on: November 19, 2018, 01:30:52 AM »

Drove six hours to pick my brother and his gf up, then drove six hours back. Long day.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #192 on: November 20, 2018, 12:23:35 PM »

I was honored to be called a Jewish-American Princess today.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #193 on: November 20, 2018, 02:50:07 PM »

In Nashville metro for thanksgiving.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #194 on: November 20, 2018, 04:04:33 PM »

Currently sitting at the Amtrak Station in Fort Worth. Good to be out of town. Sadly, I couldn't find a nearby Braum's to kick-off the celebration.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #195 on: November 21, 2018, 09:52:17 PM »

If you're on AAD, you might have heard of my mother's side of my family. In essence, I am the black sheep of my mother's side of the family, for the horrible crime of being the sane one. It has four sects (besides my own). One is my mother, who I have zero contact with (and most likely never will) because of my issues. Two siblings are enablers of my mother, reaffirming her warped worldview that I'm under my father's spell. The final sect is the Douchebags.

Aside from being the embodiment of upper-class limo liberalism, the Douchebags are horrible people. In essence, what constitutes their family is very tenuous and revocable. At best they're enablers of my mom, at worst they're holding me responsible for her own fight with my mom. And to give you an idea, these people are so bad that in said dispute with my mom, that she was right! Freezing you out is a first measure and not a last resort.

Last Thanksgiving, I decided to cut my mother out of my life after she spent most of the time I spent with her screaming and raging at me. The Enablers decided to invite my mom to Christmas, so I thought I would go to the Douchebags. They said no because "they wanted to keep things to the kids' in-laws" - never mind that there was still enough room for one more person. Eventually, I found out that they didn't want to keep things to their nuclear family - one of the Enablers was going down after all. I cut them out of my life (irrevocably) and burned the bridge. I thought this was fine for ten months.

Then the cousin tried to talk to me. I one-worded her for five sentences in a row - mainly because the only things coming to mind were "why are you talking to me" and "why aren't you apologizing after what you did to me". Closed ass body language, no eye contact, the whole nine yards. She didn't take it well. Actually, she lost it on me. I believe the exact words were "REALLY SAWX, YOU'RE FINKSING BETTER THAN THIS SHINKS!"

So yeah, she absolutely knew my feelings, and somehow saw nothing wrong with it instead of being a woman and admitting she and her family messed up.

Generally, the reaction was "lolwhat", but my best friend had the best reaction.

"WAS THAT AN EX?"

I enjoyed the godlike burn. Generally I just let my now-estranged cousin make herself look like a nutjob. Certainly better than the grand fantasies I had about telling her off.

Saw the psycho cousin again. This time she understood the meaning of "Don't ever talk to me again, my mother was right about you" and kept walking. Took effort to avoid me this time, even as I was in the crosswalk.

Again, imagine being so absolutely guano insane that you make my mother look like a functioning, mentally healthy individual.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #196 on: November 21, 2018, 10:49:56 PM »

same brah lmao.

Where you at?
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #197 on: November 22, 2018, 03:43:58 AM »

I moved out of the D.C. area last week. I'm going to miss Maryland and DC so much, but I'm actually excited for the future for the first time since, idk, like early 2016?

Last two years have been an emotional rollercoaster. Lots of highs. Lots of lows. I lost myself in 2016 and I've slowly been rebuilding my life.

I've seen amazing things, done awesome things and met so many cool people. At the same time, I've cried so much these last two years and I've made a lot of mistakes. I'm still very flawed and broken on the inside. But at least I'm recognizing that both of these types of experiences can be true and can exist at the same time.

been a wild 2 years. grateful for them: the good, the bad, the ugly and the awesome.

grateful for my family and my friends. happy thanksgiving everyone!
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #198 on: November 22, 2018, 07:20:11 AM »

Where you going to, Sunrise?
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States