Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 01:12:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 99
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here  (Read 149182 times)
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: October 19, 2018, 07:41:36 PM »

I'm leaving atlas because it seems to be bad for my mental health. Nebulousviolet@gmail.com if anyone wants to contact me that much(won't neccesarily answer)

I am getting a therapist, so don't worry about me.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #51 on: October 19, 2018, 07:44:08 PM »

I'm leaving atlas because it seems to be bad for my mental health. Nebulousviolet@gmail.com if anyone wants to contact me that much(won't neccesarily answer)

Goodbye and good luck.
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #52 on: October 19, 2018, 08:22:34 PM »

I just took a look off of the official state election website at how my ballot will look when I cast my vote during the early voting period next week. I am very excited to do my part in helping to remove Larry Hogan from office.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #53 on: October 19, 2018, 08:23:07 PM »

you know whats weird guys?

i dont have a single memory from the time i turned 7 until the time i turned 10. i got to thinking about it, i remember the years before and after those pretty well but in between is a black hole, like i cant remember anything that happened during that stage of my life.

maybe i hit my head
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #54 on: October 19, 2018, 08:50:13 PM »

Best of luck and wishes. We may not have seen eye to eye, but I really did appreciate your presence on this forum and hold you in high regards. Take care.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #55 on: October 20, 2018, 10:15:43 AM »

You deserve to feel better and go through the waves as strong as possible. I hope you come back once you overcome this.

Anywho, I saw Bob Dylan last night, but I was in such severe back pain that I struggled to enjoy the show. On top of that, I had to drive two hours to Vero afterwards. I couldn’t make it, so I crashed in my car for a few hours at a rest stop.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #56 on: October 20, 2018, 11:23:50 AM »

Made it to Vero after a long and arduous drive (I had severe back pain the whole night) to visit my grandma. My paranoia proved correct - my beloved grandma is doing far far worse than they have been telling me. In fact, it may be a matter of days. I’m staying outwardly strong but on the inside I’m an absolute wreck.
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #57 on: October 21, 2018, 01:23:54 AM »
« Edited: October 21, 2018, 01:51:35 AM by Pappas, King in the North »

If you're on AAD, you might have heard of my mother's side of my family. In essence, I am the black sheep of my mother's side of the family, for the horrible crime of being the sane one. It has four sects (besides my own). One is my mother, who I have zero contact with (and most likely never will) because of my issues. Two siblings are enablers of my mother, reaffirming her warped worldview that I'm under my father's spell. The final sect is the Douchebags.

Aside from being the embodiment of upper-class limo liberalism, the Douchebags are horrible people. In essence, what constitutes their family is very tenuous and revocable.. At best they're enablers of my mom, at worst they're holding me responsible for her own fight with my mom. And to give you an idea, these people are so bad that in said dispute with my mom, that she was right! Freezing you out is a first measure and not a last resort.

Last Thanksgiving, I decided to cut my mother out of my life after she spent most of the time I spent with her screaming and raging at me. The Enablers decided to invite my mom to Christmas, so I thought I would go to the Douchebags. They said no because "they wanted to keep things to the kids' in-laws" - never mind that there was still enough room for one more person. Eventually, I found out that they didn't want to keep things to their nuclear family - one of the Enablers was going down after all. I cut them out of my life (irrevocably) and burned the bridge. I thought this was fine for ten months.

Then the cousin tried to talk to me. I one-worded her for five sentences in a row - mainly because the only things coming to mind were "why are you talking to me" and "why aren't you apologizing after what you did to me". Closed ass body language, no eye contact, the whole nine yards. She didn't take it well. Actually, she lost it on me. I believe the exact words were "REALLY SAWX, YOU'RE FINKSING BETTER THAN THIS SHINKS!"

So yeah, she absolutely knew my feelings, and somehow saw nothing wrong with it instead of being a woman and admitting she and her family messed up.

Generally, the reaction was "lolwhat", but my best friend had the best reaction.

"WAS THAT AN EX?"

I enjoyed the godlike burn. Generally I just let my now-estranged cousin make herself look like a nutjob. Certainly better than the grand fantasies I had about telling her off.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #58 on: October 21, 2018, 05:44:31 PM »

Not trying to be a dick (especially to people whom I really, really like), but to all of the people messaging me about Fantasyland, please refrain from messaging me any further. I'm currently in Vero Beach at my aunt's house spending time with my grandmother, who has only days to live. I appreciate the fun of Atlasia, but wifi is real spotty here and it will probably take several tries just to get this post up. I'm not ignoring you guys on purpose, and if I could, I'd vote in a heartbeat, but I just don't have the time to keep trying to get the vote post formatted.

Today was my brother's 21st birthday, but it's been a rough couple weeks for him. He AMA'd out of rehab and used again, before sending my parents a series of extremely angry texts in which he labeled me a "schizophrenic", my youngest autistic brother "a non verbal retard" and threatened to put opiates in my dad's coffee. That was like a week ago.

We were able to take him from his detox center so he could visit my grandma (against both of my parent's instincts) one last time, and he was incredibly moody and physically ill due to the withdrawals. He refused to allow my dad to take him back (he refuses to talk to my dad at all), so my mom had to drive him an hour south back to the facility even though her own mother literally is in rapidly failing health. This infuriated me, and I sort of went off on him, lambasting his selfishness, his constant attempts to blame others, etc, etc. He went to hug me before he left, but I coldly told him to "just go."

I now feel a fair bit of remorse, so I just called the rehab and had them take an apology message to him. He doesn't deserve it, and I frankly only fifty percent meant it TBH, but I don't want to ruin his birthday and I definitely don't want him leaving the facility again. I'm feeling pretty much every emotion for him at once. But I *think* I did the right thing by apologizing. Maybe I'm unwittingly enabling him, but I just can't bear seeing him so miserable.
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #59 on: October 21, 2018, 09:19:28 PM »

One of my atheist friends recently started dabbling in prayer, so I'm introducing him to the Anglo-Catholic faith.
Cashew
United States

« Reply #60 on: October 21, 2018, 09:52:37 PM »
« Edited: October 22, 2018, 12:46:35 AM by Cashew »

I suddenly got a bald spot 2 months ago that I have been treating with a corticosteroid. Fortunately the spot is easy to cover up and there is some regrowth where the hair loss originally started but it is thinner than before and more worryingly the spot is noticeably bigger than it was 2 months ago.

Edit: So apparently I have Diarrhea. My mood seems to have suddenly improved after I emptied my bowels, whereas the hour before I was feeling anxious and depressed. WTF is going on with my body.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #61 on: October 22, 2018, 03:38:15 PM »

Not trying to be a dick (especially to people whom I really, really like), but to all of the people messaging me about Fantasyland, please refrain from messaging me any further. I'm currently in Vero Beach at my aunt's house spending time with my grandmother, who has only days to live. I appreciate the fun of Atlasia, but wifi is real spotty here and it will probably take several tries just to get this post up. I'm not ignoring you guys on purpose, and if I could, I'd vote in a heartbeat, but I just don't have the time to keep trying to get the vote post formatted.

This is why I left Atlasia, constant messages that is.

I'm sorry about your grandmother and I hope you'll use remaining time together.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #62 on: October 22, 2018, 03:43:13 PM »

This is why I left Atlasia, constant messages that is.

I'm sorry about your grandmother and I hope you'll use remaining time together.
I spent the entire weekend with her after the Bob Dylan concert. She is at peace with herself and despite the end stage COPD, she insisted I wheel her outside for cigarettes. She’s defiant to the bitter end, and I’m so incredibly proud of her.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #63 on: October 24, 2018, 10:19:08 PM »

Grandma died five minutes ago. I want to tear my teeth out.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #64 on: October 24, 2018, 10:34:48 PM »

I'm so sorry for your loss, Sanchez.
Sad
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #65 on: October 24, 2018, 10:35:43 PM »

Sorry for your loss!  Sad

America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #66 on: October 25, 2018, 12:59:45 AM »

I'm really sorry for your loss. I'm sure you'll preserve, even if for her sake.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #67 on: October 25, 2018, 01:32:30 AM »

Sorry for your loss!  Sad

President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #68 on: October 25, 2018, 05:37:40 AM »

Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #69 on: October 25, 2018, 07:08:34 AM »

Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #70 on: October 25, 2018, 09:19:39 AM »

I'm so sorry for your loss, Sanchez.
Sad
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #71 on: October 25, 2018, 09:45:39 AM »

My sincere condoleances
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #72 on: October 25, 2018, 10:15:48 AM »

Thanks friends Smiley
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #73 on: October 25, 2018, 10:33:00 AM »

I’m sorry for your loss.  She lives on in your heart and mind.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #74 on: October 25, 2018, 02:14:43 PM »

Following the recent attempted attacks against demonized symbols of leftist globalism and liberalism, as well as Jewish figures demonized by the far-right, as well as the entire Kavanaugh affair, I have decided that I can no longer continue with an I-IL avatar, at least for the time being. While I'm still willing to compromise on the actually important issues, economics, as long as a few core values (like universal coverage) are kept, I've come to realize that it is no longer possible to ignore the aggressiveness of the GOP, running over traumatized women, and more importantly, the fact that my form of ideology has just come under attack, and reactions by populist GOP figures who incited against them, like Trump and Gingrich, only made it worse. This doesn't mean, of course, that my ideology changed in any way. I'm still the same guy, but I just can't see how a green avatar makes sense for me at this point, despite my previous reluctance to participate in American partisan divides.

Hopefully, I can one day return to the green avatar.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 99  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies