Homosexual group 'YES' encourages 13 year olds to express themselves
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 06:12:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Homosexual group 'YES' encourages 13 year olds to express themselves
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Poll
Question: Is it right for groups to encourage sex of any type in schools?
Yes

No

Unsure

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 45

Author Topic: Homosexual group 'YES' encourages 13 year olds to express themselves  (Read 7167 times)
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2005, 02:45:36 AM »

this is not promoting homosexual activity, but it is useful for gay teens to have some resources to know they're not freaks. By thirteen strauight kids are dating, and talking constantly about girls/guys; why can't it be the same for gays?

When I was fourteen, I found a site, mogenic that was really useful in helping me work some stuff out. Now it's gone international and becoming a dating service, but back then it was a useful source of info and a place where I could chat with some people to work stuff out. It helped me, and I think this would help others.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2005, 05:59:17 AM »

All homosexual groups and literary content and publications of that nature should be  banned from our schools.  I'll let the adults do what they want for the most part, but I won't tolerate them spreading their filth among our kids.

Why the hell do you even call yourself a Democrat? Dems don't slur entire demographic groups.

If they were straight 13 year olds it would be a wonderful thing of course, according to you, since that would be "normal".

And people wonder why I have such a problem with Southerners. This is why.

I don't see what any one Southerner's comments have to do with Southerners in general.

Pym Fortuyn's comments and overall attitude are a good example of why many people have a problem with northeasterners.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2005, 06:21:14 AM »

this is not promoting homosexual activity, but it is useful for gay teens to have some resources to know they're not freaks. By thirteen strauight kids are dating, and talking constantly about girls/guys; why can't it be the same for gays?

When I was fourteen, I found a site, mogenic that was really useful in helping me work some stuff out. Now it's gone international and becoming a dating service, but back then it was a useful source of info and a place where I could chat with some people to work stuff out. It helped me, and I think this would help others.

I agree with Hughento entirely. Unless you are in a position where as a gay teenager you need to gain access to information about gay sex as a matter of safety and undertanding, it is hard to empathise with this group.

In the UK we had, until 2000 a 'Section 28' that prohibited any positive discussion of homosexuality AT ALL in any public school or institution such as libraries. There was for years no material avaliable about homosexuality apart from material which condemned it. As a result a significant number of gay men and women grew up with knowledge about safe sex and STD prevention.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2005, 06:51:42 AM »
« Edited: October 19, 2005, 04:17:32 AM by hughento »

btw, this should make you happy, preston.

i thought it was quite interesting, actually. It's about the 'degayification' of american media.
Jens
Angola

« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2005, 09:10:40 AM »

I don't care for the way you insult the Victorians.

Those prudish, unrealistic Victorians produced one of the most vital and intellectually lively periods in Western Civilization. And a great deal of that vitality arose from the fact that Victorians invested serious energy into endeavors other than sex.

That was until, of course, the moral code all broke down by the 1890s, thanks to frauds like Sigmund Freud.

THe vitality of the English society was much more founded on the 18th century's elimination of religious restictions - The moral and sexual imhibitants of the 19th century is a reaction from the conservative middle class towards the rapidly changing society especially the enormous immigration to the cities. The people who supported this Victorian sexual code most certainly wasn't the same as those who where building the British Empire on the frontiers. They worked as administraters of the already establised.
Jens
Angola

« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2005, 09:12:33 AM »

Because fags can't reproduce naturally, they resort to recruiting children. Fags can be heard chanting "TEN PERCENT IS NOT ENOUGH, RECRUIT, RECRUIT, RECRUIT" in their fag parades. A group called the "Lesbian Avengers" prides itself on trying to recruit young girls. They print "WE RECRUIT" on their literature. Some other fags aren't as overt about this, but rather try to infiltrate society and get into positions where they will have access to the malleable minds of young children (e.g., the clergy, teachers, Boy Scout leaders, etc.)
Man, you really need to take it easy.
MissCatholic

« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2005, 09:23:13 AM »

I would be interested to see what peoples reaction is when they are parents and they discover that their 13 year old kid is practicing sex with the same sex. to seay its disturbing is an understatement.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2005, 09:37:44 AM »

I would be interested to see what peoples reaction is when they are parents and they discover that their 13 year old kid is practicing sex with the same sex. to seay its disturbing is an understatement.

My reaction would be the same if they were practicing heterosexual sex.  A good ass-whoopin' and grounding for a month, followed by weekly "family discussions" as to why it is illegal for minors to have sex.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2005, 09:38:41 AM »

My reaction would be the same if they were practicing heterosexual sex.  A good ass-whoopin' and grounding for a month, followed by weekly "family discussions" as to why it is illegal for minors to have sex.

You mean you would have 'family discussions' about prudery and oppression?
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2005, 09:40:59 AM »

If you want to twist it to mean that, sure, why not, whatever floats your boat.  Most of society is sane and not without morals, unlike you. 
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2005, 10:01:02 AM »

If you want to twist it to mean that, sure, why not, whatever floats your boat.  Most of society is sane and not without morals, unlike you. 

'Morals'?  Oh you mean subjective preferences.. no I have those too.
MissCatholic

« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2005, 10:28:04 AM »

YOU CANT HAVE 13 YEAR OLDS PRACTICING HOMOSEXUAL SEX.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2005, 10:30:42 AM »

More clearly, you can't have 13 year olds practicing any form of sex.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2005, 10:40:41 AM »

Exactly. Once people hit the age of consent they can sleep with whoever they so chose to do.

So Miss Catholic I too am appalled by the notion of ANY 13 year old kid having sex
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2005, 12:27:51 PM »

Exactly. Once people hit the age of consent they can sleep with whoever they so chose to do.
So Miss Catholic I too am appalled by the notion of ANY 13 year old kid having sex

You silly prudes have no idea what you're talking about.  13 year olds will damn well have sex if they want to and can find someone to do it with.  That said, some won't.  Why must you intrude in this natural and positive process?
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2005, 12:40:02 PM »

You silly prudes have no idea what you're talking about.  13 year olds will damn well have sex if they want to and can find someone to do it with.  That said, some won't.  Why must you intrude in this natural and positive process?

Are you endorsing pedophilia?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2005, 02:11:19 PM »

No, not in that post.  Nothing in there referred to the age of the 13 year old's sex partners.  I was presuming them to be, most likely, within a few years of the youths in question, perhaps even exact contemporaries.

That said, I do 'endorse' pedophelia and the freedom fighters that practice it, though without sharing their predelictions.  Anyway, what does pedophilia have to do with 13 year olds?  They're pubescents, not children.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2005, 02:15:03 PM »

No, not in that post.  Nothing in there referred to the age of the 13 year old's sex partners.  I was presuming them to be, most likely, within a few years of the youths in question, perhaps even exact contemporaries.

That said, I do 'endorse' pedophelia and the freedom fighters that practice it, though without sharing their predelictions.  Anyway, what does pedophilia have to do with 13 year olds?  They're pubescents, not children.

You're a disgusting pig. Get syphillis and die quickly. Thanks.
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2005, 02:40:47 PM »
« Edited: October 18, 2005, 03:14:05 PM by Storebought »

I don't care for the way you insult the Victorians.

Those prudish, unrealistic Victorians produced one of the most vital and intellectually lively periods in Western Civilization. And a great deal of that vitality arose from the fact that Victorians invested serious energy into endeavors other than sex.

That was until, of course, the moral code all broke down by the 1890s, thanks to frauds like Sigmund Freud.

THe vitality of the English society was much more founded on the 18th century's elimination of religious restictions - The moral and sexual imhibitants of the 19th century is a reaction from the conservative middle class towards the rapidly changing society especially the enormous immigration to the cities. The people who supported this Victorian sexual code most certainly wasn't the same as those who where building the British Empire on the frontiers. They worked as administraters of the already establised.

Hmm, where to start a response?

You must be logged in to read this quote.

First: Yes, all civilized countries experienced an increase in secularism in the 18th century, due to stifling influence of French culture then. BUT that secularization reached only a limited extent in Britain (and particularly the US colonies), because there existed a mass of people who hated any trend emanating from the continent. Heck, a whole new religious movement called Methodism was born in England at the same time Rousseau and Voltaire were busy destroying Christian culture in France.

The secularization that did take place, among the upper classes, came to a sorry end during and after the Regency, when the effiminacy of George IV, and the slovenliness of his successor, sort of forced Victoria to adopt a more proper tone in Buckingham to rehabilitate the crown's reputation. Had she spread her legs as wide open as George IV did his, Britain would have become a republic in 1848.

Second: Far more than simply "middle class religious conservatives" participated in the revival that took place between 1840 and the 1880s or so. I already mentioned on some ancient post the intense sectarian nature of British politics then. Yes, conservatives supported the established Anglican church. But Liberals just as strongly supported the "Nonconformist" churches, while the Labour party began among Unitarians and Congregationalists. And, with the exception of the Unitarians, the churches all supported a sexual propriety -- they would have lost their congregations and faced vicious broadsheet campaigns had they not.

You know, in Charles Dickens's short story "A Christmas Carol", the two men who stop Scrooge and ask him to donate to "relieve the sufferings of the poor" in the prisons and workhouses? Those two were Liberal evangelicals!

Third: So, exactly what was David Livingstone doing among the Baganda tribe in the middle of Uganda, so far removed from contact that a newspaper reporter had to "fetch" him?

A great deal of British colonialism arose from, well, missionaries like Livingstone spreading Christian faith to "heathens" in wilds so inaccesible that railroads, telegraph stations, and canals had to be built, not to facilitate trade among the heathans, or even to extract minerals, but merely to connect the missions to whatever ocean port that lay nearby.

But the wheels fell of to all of this, beginning with Gladstone's disestablishment of the Anglican church in Ireland, and the rapacious nature of colonialism in the 1880s thanks to moral cretins like Joseph Chamberlain and Cecil Rhodes.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2005, 02:47:41 PM »

Pedophilia is not limited to just adults having sexual desires towards kids.  Pedophilia is the desire of people (that is both adults and minors) to have sex with adolescents.  
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2005, 03:10:46 PM »

Please dont slander Dr Livingstone, he's my home towns most famous son Smiley
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2005, 03:14:19 PM »

Please dont slander Dr Livingstone, he's my home towns most famous son Smiley

Edited to remove the offense
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2005, 03:18:17 PM »

Pedophilia is not limited to just adults having sexual desires towards kids.  Pedophilia is the desire of people (that is both adults and minors) to have sex with adolescents. 

Wrong. Desire to have sex with adolescents is called Ephebophilia.

Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2005, 03:28:42 PM »

reaction from the conservative middle class towards the rapidly changing society

The English Middle Class wasn't especially conservative until the late 19th century; a very large and very vocal minority was pretty radical for the time (especially up North) something which began to end in the 1880's or so. Everything from leaving Nonconformism for Anglicanism (to "get ahead") to suburbanisation to the "growth of leisure" has been blamed by different people.
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2005, 03:32:59 PM »
« Edited: October 18, 2005, 03:35:13 PM by Storebought »

reaction from the conservative middle class towards the rapidly changing society

The English Middle Class wasn't especially conservative until the late 19th century; a very large and very vocal minority was pretty radical for the time (especially up North) something which began to end in the 1880's or so. Everything from leaving Nonconformism for Anglicanism (to "get ahead") to suburbanisation to the "growth of leisure" has been blamed by different people.

I think he means "conservative", not "Conservative." In which case, yes, the middle class pretty thoroughly despised the Tory/Conservatives throughout the High Victorian age until, oddly enough, Gladstone disestablished the Anglican church in Ireland, when they all of a sudden became churchy Anglicans and whatnot.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies