The BlueSwan Basement of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VIII
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 04, 2024, 12:30:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The BlueSwan Basement of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VIII
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 ... 74
Author Topic: The BlueSwan Basement of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VIII  (Read 170539 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1100 on: August 02, 2019, 08:24:01 PM »

I'm impressed - This is almost exactly how Europeans view American politicians.

There isn't a single true left-winger in your politics. And that's OK, but it's important to be aware of it.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1101 on: August 03, 2019, 06:42:10 PM »

ComradeFunk calling for a civil war in response to a shooting was cute. Too bad I can’t quote info here.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1102 on: August 03, 2019, 07:49:51 PM »

ComradeFunk calling for a civil war in response to a shooting was cute. Too bad I can’t quote info here.

Sigh Sanchez..... you sound like a deep informant for the FBI at the time of the investigations into the Screen Actors Guild in California way back in the late '40s/ early '50s.

Anonymous sources, slandering various members of the Forum, etc....

Will you explicitly state that you are 100% opposed to the online White Supremacist Domestic Terrorist organizations that are responsible for the largest chunk of mass gun violence in America over the past few years?

Sanchez---- I know you were down in South Florida at the time of the Orlando Nightclub murders, and don't believe you are a racist hater, but at some point you gotta stand up against what is real threat to American Democracy which is White Extremist Domestic Terrorism.

I believed you might have filed a complaint against me at that time when I talked about attempted homophobic violence when I was in High School in Oregon in the late '80s, but later you said it wasn't you that reported my post---- and I gotta believe you.

Still, Sanchez Man---- why do you continue to insist on stirring the pot and continuing to run on the empty fumes off the gas tank called McCarthyism?----

Which side are you on?Huh

lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1103 on: August 03, 2019, 09:01:50 PM »

What a narcissistic pos. You are married to a black man and you throw out a tweet with coded Trumpian language that is only going to hurt the division in the party? Was I right when speaking about the open racism that is being instigated by the Russian bots?

Ellen should be ashamed of herself and apologize to Senator Harris.

President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #1104 on: August 04, 2019, 09:09:22 AM »

Sad, I liked him. Maybe he can get an appointment in a Biden Administration.

Lean R - > Lean D for 2020. Please run again Gina Ortiz-Jones!

What's wrong with that?
Fuzzy Bear Loves Christian Missionaries
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1105 on: August 04, 2019, 10:16:12 AM »

I propose a rename of this thread.

No. White people absolutely will re-elect this pedophile rapist because he espouses their racial resentment and legitimizes it.
Where's the lie though?
It's a generalized statement.  And it is a statement based on Racially-based hatred of white people from a poster who once posted "White Evangelicals are trash." 

And he's never called on this by the left.  That's the issue.
Joe Biden 2024
Gorguf

« Reply #1106 on: August 04, 2019, 10:54:39 AM »

Hatred toward white Americans is tolerated by many here.  Racism is not tolerated, and that's right and proper, but Racially-Based resentments toward White Americans are tolerated, and even encouraged.  Even defended.

That's not OK.  It's never OK.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1107 on: August 04, 2019, 10:56:14 AM »

One of the best things he could do.

It would be a proper fig leaf from the DNC to Sanders voters for stealing the 2016 nomination.

BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1108 on: August 04, 2019, 11:06:45 AM »

lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1109 on: August 04, 2019, 11:12:50 AM »

Somebody doesnt get sarcasm. I think you are the one that makes toast in their bathtub
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1110 on: August 04, 2019, 11:26:17 AM »

There are posts in that thread unironically agreeing with that statement.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1111 on: August 04, 2019, 11:30:00 AM »

He literally said Karl Marx is merely a centrist.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1112 on: August 04, 2019, 11:38:46 AM »

He literally said Karl Marx is merely a centrist.

Not that one but the second page has a post unironically arguing that open borders is a center-right position in Europe.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1113 on: August 04, 2019, 03:03:30 PM »

It is certainly true, in part, in WV, due to the role of the United Mine Workers.  I would also argue that UNIONIZED coal miners made the difference in Kentucky for Clinton in 1996.  Kentucky's defection to the GOP has as much or more to do with tobacco, as well as coal.  (If NC hadn't been a tobacco state, they'd be to the left of VA by now.)

There is no doubt that in WV, KY, MO, and (arguably) OH, the cultural liberalism of the national Democratic Party has alienated many rural voters in these states, including union workers who either live in rural areas, or who have moved to larger areas but maintain their rural orientation.  The difference between now and then is that cultural liberalism is now more of a DEFINING characteristic aspect of being a Democrat than ever before. 

Yes, if only rural NC had grown soybeans instead of tobacco it would be a SJW wonderland.  Also ignores the fact that VA was a tobacco state too.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #1114 on: August 06, 2019, 12:35:30 AM »

Am I the only one who doesn't think this type of stuff is necessarily indicative of cognitive decline? Biden has been well known for almost his entire career for being a "gaffe machine".
“He’s my fave so I’m going to ignore obvious symptoms of mental decline.”
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #1115 on: August 06, 2019, 12:37:45 AM »

Click thread for context, I also propose renaming the thread
Idaho Conservative
BWP Conservative
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.00, S: 6.00

« Reply #1116 on: August 06, 2019, 12:48:04 AM »

I agree with you putting that here.  Suggesting an elected representative be expelled from office over "transphobia" and criticizing another politician is censorship and anti-democratic.  You're the absurd one.    Advocate for her to be voted out, that's fine.  Expulsion is like impeachment tho.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1117 on: August 06, 2019, 03:04:50 PM »

Bernie or Gabbard are the only chances democrats have of winning. Warren, Pete, Biden and Harris will all lose.
Coastal Elitist
Tea Party Hater
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.71, S: 2.26

« Reply #1118 on: August 06, 2019, 06:09:03 PM »

So how does a party like this win anything? They don't deserve to.

I know how they win...they cheat and bully their way through.

I can't imagine why any female or nonwhite would want to consider themselves a Republican unless they consider themselves subhuman and non-deserving of better.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #1119 on: August 07, 2019, 11:40:30 AM »

In which this random person accuses Al (Al!) of being a Putinist stooge.

Quite the contrary, it's a great thing.
An administrative presence is one of the best brakes to extinction in minority languages.

It's reminiscent of pope Ratzinger announcing his resignation in Latin.

I don't object to official bilingualism (though it does need to be defined in a way that is less prone to grifting and gatekeeping) and so have no issue with the result also being read out in Welsh. But I do object to whatever mentality meant that the result in a constituency that is - outside of the Upper Swansea Valley, which differs in this respect as in so many others - essentially exclusively Anglophone, was not read out in a language that the overwhelming majority of electors in that constituency can actually understand. It isn't about the language (dw i'n siarad tipyn bach Cymraeg), but about fetishising it as a national symbol. In large parts of the country this is exclusivist.

You are serving as an second lieutenant on the Welsh Front of Putin's army.  Putin has a large scale attack against using of minority languages in Russia (forbiding the local authorities to teach  non-native speakers the minority language in their own republics). It is good to see that Putin's friends are active in Britain too.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1120 on: August 07, 2019, 06:31:39 PM »

For once, instead of something political, we're looking at some serious topographical ignorance in this post.

I like Texas in concept, but the state is basically an arid wasteland of dry scrub brush, trailer homes, and rusty chain link fences. I could never live in that flat, dust-ridden, boiling hellscape. I like mountains, trees, and large bodies of water. That makes Texas uninhabitable for me.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #1121 on: August 08, 2019, 12:38:32 AM »

For once, instead of something political, we're looking at some serious topographical ignorance in this post.

I like Texas in concept, but the state is basically an arid wasteland of dry scrub brush, trailer homes, and rusty chain link fences. I could never live in that flat, dust-ridden, boiling hellscape. I like mountains, trees, and large bodies of water. That makes Texas uninhabitable for me.

Plop down anywhere in West Texas on Google Maps and you're basically in Oklahoma.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1122 on: August 08, 2019, 01:27:16 AM »

Plop down anywhere in West Texas on Google Maps and you're basically in Oklahoma.

Conveniently forgetting about East Texas and the Gulf.

Also, Oklahoma is a very green place [or red/orange once come fall] once you leave the Panhandle.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #1123 on: August 08, 2019, 06:06:48 PM »

Hard to see GA-06, GA-07, and NJ-07 all flipping Republican while Democrats hold seats like NY-19 and PA-08.

I agree.  If the House is a bare Dem hold, it will be because of a Rural North/manufacturing town wipeout.  Tim Ryan would lose while McBath would win.  Heck, they might even flip TX-22 or TX-24 in such a scenario.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #1124 on: August 08, 2019, 11:38:28 PM »

The Democratic party is no longer the party of the working class, but now the party of the elite.

Have fun with your progressive policies with a bunch of rich fatcats tugging on your sleeves. We don't want them anymore.

I want to explain how you think GOP can do without Suburbs like OC, DFW, Atlanta , Phoenix and so on .

Those 3 states right there take 65 EV of the GOP total and that number is only gonna let larger in the 2020s . In 2016 take those 3 states away and Trump is let with 241 EV and even winning MN , NH and ME don’t get GOP over 270 .

So unless you want the Republicans to become the Dems of the 1980s then yes they will have to appeal to suburbs like this
Simple, just change the laws in those states so presidential electors are assigned by the state legislature, not statewide popular vote.  Then if we can get lucky and overturn reynold v simms, return state leg districting to counties instead of equal pop districts.  Then the door has been slammed shut, TX and GA are safe for a half century.  We can't afford anything else, if we don't take drastic steps, the US has one party rule.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 ... 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies