The BlueSwan Basement of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VIII
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 04:22:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The BlueSwan Basement of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VIII
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 74
Author Topic: The BlueSwan Basement of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VIII  (Read 170230 times)
Some of My Best Friends Are Gay
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #625 on: March 11, 2019, 04:43:27 PM »

Could we also not call people who are sexually attracted to 16 year olds pedophiles, please?

A pedophile in medical/psychiatric terms is someone who is sexually attracted to prepubescent kids, not to 16 year olds who in any biological sense are adults, if not in a mental sense.

I don't see this as being wrong, 16 is the age of consent in the majority of US states.

That doesn't mean some old fart being attracted to a 16 year old isn't gross and weird though.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #626 on: March 11, 2019, 04:50:26 PM »

Could we also not call people who are sexually attracted to 16 year olds pedophiles, please?

A pedophile in medical/psychiatric terms is someone who is sexually attracted to prepubescent kids, not to 16 year olds who in any biological sense are adults, if not in a mental sense.

I don't see this as being wrong, 16 is the age of consent in the majority of US states.

That doesn't mean some old fart being attracted to a 16 year old isn't gross and weird though.

The term “pedophile” carries a certain unique cultural stigma which really needs to be applied to those people to - however marginally - reduce the chances of them actually acting on their monsterous and degenerate impulses.
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #627 on: March 11, 2019, 05:00:51 PM »

The term “pedophile” carries a certain unique cultural stigma which really needs to be applied to those people to - however marginally - reduce the chances of them actually acting on their monsterous and degenerate impulses.

I wouldn't consider an older person liking a 16 year old to be monsterous or degenerate though in and of itself.

You do have to wonder if they would draw the line at 16, or just screw anyone who they can get their paws on, though.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #628 on: March 11, 2019, 05:15:54 PM »

The Spongebob TV Show was designed with the intent of pushing young children into a mindset where far-right political ideology could be implanted more easily.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #629 on: March 11, 2019, 05:42:33 PM »

Roll Eyes so you think William Jennings Bryan, who was similar to someone like Bernie Sanders on economic issues, wasn't a liberal because he was socially conservative?

Bryan wasn't anything other than a conservative when it came to economic issues.
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #630 on: March 11, 2019, 06:11:00 PM »

Damn, I was hoping it'd be in Florida so I could go to both the RNC and DNC Sad
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #631 on: March 11, 2019, 06:36:14 PM »

America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #632 on: March 11, 2019, 06:41:27 PM »

What kind of person would want to simultaneously want to go to both the DNC and the RNC on the same cycle. Going to a convention where a candidate is formally accepting a nomination when you oppose that candidates sounds like one of the worst ways possible to spend ones time.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #633 on: March 11, 2019, 06:43:15 PM »

Uh, why does this go here exactly?
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #634 on: March 11, 2019, 06:48:29 PM »

What kind of person would want to simultaneously want to go to both the DNC and the RNC on the same cycle. Going to a convention where a candidate is formally accepting a nomination when you oppose that candidates sounds like one of the worst ways possible to spend ones time.
Okay? Still don't know what's ignorant about this post
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #635 on: March 11, 2019, 06:53:20 PM »

Uhhh, journalists for one. I would imagine that an outright majority of posters on this site watched both RNC and DNC 2016. I thoroughly enjoyed DNC despite my hatred for the devil.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #636 on: March 11, 2019, 06:55:23 PM »

Uhhh, journalists for one. I would imagine that an outright majority of posters on this site watched both RNC and DNC 2016. I thoroughly enjoyed DNC despite my hatred for the devil.

Protesters would also like to keep travel costs and/or carbon footprint low by having both national conventions nearby.
Coastal Elitist
Tea Party Hater
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.71, S: 2.26

« Reply #637 on: March 11, 2019, 10:15:57 PM »

I don't know why this thread isn't named after Solid because he says something absurd and ignorant at least once every few days.

Because it's a liberal skewed forum, they would much rather throw a conservative under the bus.
There's literally another thread named after Solid. Try again.
I really don't see the difference between that one and this one. They should be merged
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #638 on: March 12, 2019, 12:57:43 AM »

That post is 100% true.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #639 on: March 12, 2019, 01:03:34 AM »

That post is 100% true.
Yeah, I have to agree. There's a difference between being, say, a 40 year old into 16 or 17 year olds (which is obviously still creepy and bad), and a 40 year old into 8 year olds.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #640 on: March 12, 2019, 08:46:59 AM »

Even Dems think FDR is bad, he is so overrated

Maybe AOC should have lived under Carter's incompetence or Mondale's immense tax increases, then maybe she would know what to support and what not to
AtorBoltox

« Reply #641 on: March 14, 2019, 07:08:51 AM »

The better option would've been not having an embargo around a country we weren't at war with, in a war we were officially neutral in...
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #642 on: March 15, 2019, 01:18:09 AM »

Eventually this sort of thing was going to happen.

Strange that it happenend in New Zealand though, I thought more in Europe - considered how many extremist Muslims targeted the population there ...
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #643 on: March 16, 2019, 11:10:00 PM »

"White nationalism" is just a extreme reaction to SJW anti-whitism and open-borderism, led by such horrible institutions attacking freedom of speech like the SPLC.
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

« Reply #644 on: March 17, 2019, 12:03:10 AM »

In reference to Fraser Anning:
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #645 on: March 17, 2019, 01:34:40 PM »

"White nationalism" is just a extreme reaction to SJW anti-whitism and open-borderism, led by such horrible institutions attacking freedom of speech like the SPLC.
He's right.
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #646 on: March 17, 2019, 01:58:51 PM »

He's right.

Roll Eyes

White nationalism has been around far longer than muh s jay dubyas.

Modern US white nationalism is just a reaction to racist hicks having less influence in this country.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #647 on: March 19, 2019, 07:32:15 AM »

Feinstein will help O'Rourke unite the Party's establishment faction, and prevent the Jewish exodus from the Democratic Party. Feinstein is also more conservative than O'Rourke and has an established donor base based out of California.
Yellowhammer
United States

« Reply #648 on: March 19, 2019, 08:29:44 AM »

He's right.

Roll Eyes

Modern US white nationalism is just a reaction to racist hicks having less influence in this country.

How stupid are you?
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #649 on: March 19, 2019, 11:36:42 AM »

He's right.

Roll Eyes

How stupid are you?

What I said is a fact.

White nationalists in this country don't like the fact that the country is becoming more diverse, and they feel threatened by this.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies