The BlueSwan Basement of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VIII
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 03:19:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The BlueSwan Basement of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VIII
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 ... 74
Author Topic: The BlueSwan Basement of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VIII  (Read 170519 times)
GM Team Member and Deputy PPT WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #600 on: March 06, 2019, 07:44:36 AM »

Yeah Lol Im not shocked the maroons are against gun control. Its quite normal

In fairness, Debs was a brilliant man ahead of his time.

>

> Eugene Debs was a brilliant man ahead of his time

Something doesn't add up here 🤔

Well, look at Eugene Debs platform when he ran for president. It called for unemployment Insurance, workers compensation for Injured Workers, the right to unionize, a 40 Hour Work Week, desegregation and civil rights, and government investment in infrastructure. When you get down to it, a moderate Republican in the 1970s would have supported Eugene Debs has platform from 1932. In fact, any Republican who doesn't in 2019 is frankly pretty damned unreasonable.
They wouldn't for that simple line right there.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #601 on: March 06, 2019, 09:12:46 AM »

by voting people out like Lincoln Davis, Ike Skelton, Joe Donnelly, Mark Pryor etc? I viewed those types of people as the "good cop" democrats while someone like Gillibrand or Harris is the "bad cop" democrats. If you kill all the "good cops" - doesn't that mean the democrats are going to show you even less mercy?

No? If you're a criminal/defendant (continuing with the good cop/bad cop analogy) why would you want a cop in the first place?

Take the person that votes with your interests 80% of the time instead of the person that votes with your interests 30% of the time. Unless you really just want to see ideological posturing without any meaningful blowback (which, granted, you can argue that many Republicans want) from a powerless minority perch there's no rational reason to vote for a compromise candidate over a candidate you align more with.

well its like - Georgia democrats were historically (post-jim crow of course) sane. Joe Frank Harris, Sam Nunn, even Wyche Fowler. Once Georgia stopped electing those types of democrats, it created a void that was filled by people like Abrams, who want a Zimbabwe style confiscatory state. If the state eventually starts voting for democrats again, I'm pretty sure the gop voters will regret not supporting those types of democrats as they would have been able to hold the Abrams types in check.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #602 on: March 06, 2019, 11:04:06 AM »

Now I've seen some bad takes but that takes the cake.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #603 on: March 06, 2019, 12:00:36 PM »

by voting people out like Lincoln Davis, Ike Skelton, Joe Donnelly, Mark Pryor etc? I viewed those types of people as the "good cop" democrats while someone like Gillibrand or Harris is the "bad cop" democrats. If you kill all the "good cops" - doesn't that mean the democrats are going to show you even less mercy?

No? If you're a criminal/defendant (continuing with the good cop/bad cop analogy) why would you want a cop in the first place?

Take the person that votes with your interests 80% of the time instead of the person that votes with your interests 30% of the time. Unless you really just want to see ideological posturing without any meaningful blowback (which, granted, you can argue that many Republicans want) from a powerless minority perch there's no rational reason to vote for a compromise candidate over a candidate you align more with.

well its like - Georgia democrats were historically (post-jim crow of course) sane. Joe Frank Harris, Sam Nunn, even Wyche Fowler. Once Georgia stopped electing those types of democrats, it created a void that was filled by people like Abrams, who want a Zimbabwe style confiscatory state. If the state eventually starts voting for democrats again, I'm pretty sure the gop voters will regret not supporting those types of democrats as they would have been able to hold the Abrams types in check.

" Zimbabwe Style confiscatory state" Roll Eyes
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #604 on: March 07, 2019, 11:49:43 AM »

Context: If Barry Goldwater supported the Civil Rights Act

Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #605 on: March 07, 2019, 02:56:50 PM »

Fine, let’s try this again. While what happened is unfortunate and unacceptable, Martha releasing this is a political move. Also she’s an illegitimate senator that the people rejected.

She is not illegitimate. She was legally appointed. It was the wrong decision to appoint her to a position she had just lost an election for, but that doesn’t mean she’s illegitimate.

^^^^^
I don’t think she’ll be a senator in two years but why is this a political move? Can she not have a cause that she cares about? Especially saying that it happened to her. She went out of her way to think Gillibrand for championing the cause too. Questioning women’s motives when they come forward about this stuff is why they don’t come out about it.

She knows she is in trouble against Gifford's husband, wants to get her alleged metoo story out on the campaign trail to appeal to Maricopa moderate GOP women. I mean I don't automatically believe slick politicians just because they say something. It would be nice to have more details, and investigation, and actually for her to say who the person is and describe it. Otherwise, she literally could have made it out of thin air. If it is true, let an investigation occur, and the thug brought to justice.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #606 on: March 07, 2019, 04:31:08 PM »

2) What Netanyahu has done still objectively =/= Apartheid.  Not even remotely close. 

In many respects, Israel is actually worse than apartheid. For one, Israel is actively carrying out an ethnic cleansing of the Palestinian population in their native territory. Even the Nationalists and South Africa were just content to maintain white supremacy in political power without actually displacing the black population.
Big Abraham
Junior Chimp
« Reply #607 on: March 07, 2019, 04:38:32 PM »

2) What Netanyahu has done still objectively =/= Apartheid.  Not even remotely close. 

In many respects, Israel is actually worse than apartheid. For one, Israel is actively carrying out an ethnic cleansing of the Palestinian population in their native territory. Even the Nationalists and South Africa were just content to maintain white supremacy in political power without actually displacing the black population.

I feel so honoured to finally be admitted into this thread.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #608 on: March 07, 2019, 04:43:21 PM »

You should not be proud of making blatantly false statements: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bantustan
Big Abraham
Junior Chimp
« Reply #609 on: March 07, 2019, 06:31:45 PM »

You should not be proud of making blatantly false statements: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bantustan

Are you really so daft you don't think I know about the bantustans? Read my reply in the thread if you care to. The South African government had a vested interest in their development and tried to achieve international recognition for them. This was a part of their larger segregation policy. But the Nationalists never intended to do away with the blacks in the same manner, or for the same reasons, as the Zionists intend to do away with Palestinians.
Coastal Elitist
Tea Party Hater
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.71, S: 2.26

« Reply #610 on: March 07, 2019, 08:12:05 PM »

If you are going to be a legal adult before the winners of the next election are set to take office, you should be able to vote in the current election.

In other words, if an election is going to have an effect on ongoing political situations at points in time when you are a legal adult, you ought to have a say in the process.

The minimum voting age should be about 11 and 5/6ths based on this and the fact that the US Senate uses 6 year terms that start about 2 months after the election, and that office is the office with the longest terms.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #611 on: March 08, 2019, 12:56:55 AM »

Look at the timestamps:

BRTD this forum is filled with liberals.  It doesn't take a rocket scientist to guess that an overhwhelming majority of people are going to vote that Fox has an obvious conservative bias.

Padfoot,

The forum used to be pretty balanced before the lefties here began a concerted compaign of harassment against moderate and conservative posters.
A lot of reasonable people have either left or taken a sabatical while the lefties conduct their attempted purge.

LOL.
The reason a lot of "conservative posters" have taken a "sabbatical" over the last 2 years is because they are embarrassed to comment about their idiot president that has an "R" next to his name. Period. They are so proud of themselves (and their party), that they cannot say anything negative about the Orange Clown. But there are some "moderate and conservative posters" who are completely disgusted with the trash occupying the WH, and they have stuck-around and are showing their complete displeasure with the current situation our nation is in. Hell, some have even left the GOP.
So don't come here with your tears blaming the "lefties campaign of harassment." Grow some!
And if the kitchen is too hot for you, stay out permanently.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #612 on: March 08, 2019, 02:32:10 PM »

>

Well, look at Eugene Debs platform when he ran for president. It called for unemployment Insurance, workers compensation for Injured Workers, the right to unionize, a 40 Hour Work Week, desegregation and civil rights, and government investment in infrastructure. When you get down to it, a moderate Republican in the 1970s would have supported Eugene Debs has platform from 1932. In fact, any Republican who doesn't in 2019 is frankly pretty damned unreasonable.

Debs wasn't alive in 1932.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #613 on: March 08, 2019, 02:41:18 PM »

Whataboutism isn't a legitimate way to justify actions. It's the easiest way to fail high school debate class though.
Whataboutism is merely lefty-speak for "STFU and agree with me!!!11!!"
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #614 on: March 08, 2019, 05:25:55 PM »

if i'm Chuck Schumer - i'd be calling up henry cuellar to ask him to run
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #615 on: March 08, 2019, 08:01:06 PM »

Omar only took a plurality in the primary. She could easily lose in a 1 vs 1.

No she wouldn't. Her district is full of a bunch of white jferns cheering her on.

As I noted, jfern would be banned from holding any DFL positions here due to him refusing to support Hillary Clinton in the general election.
Some of My Best Friends Are Gay
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #616 on: March 08, 2019, 10:56:16 PM »

Just vote for a write-in Republican instead. Mac Watson and Lee Busby were write-in GOP candidates in 2017. It is never worth voting for a pedophile.

If they're running against a democrat, then hell yeah it is.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #617 on: March 09, 2019, 03:45:07 AM »

>

Debs wasn't alive in 1932.

I meant 1912
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #618 on: March 09, 2019, 07:39:40 PM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=313044
Coastal Elitist
Tea Party Hater
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.71, S: 2.26

« Reply #619 on: March 11, 2019, 11:03:13 AM »
« Edited: March 11, 2019, 10:15:13 PM by Coastal Elitist »

I can not speak for all Democrats but I certainly want to see a recession that delivers a serious electoral penalty to Republicans in 2020.

Its like the trolley car problem; a recession would kill thousands; Republican Party control over Policy kills millions.

I don't know why this thread isn't named after Solid because he says something absurd and ignorant at least once every few days.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #620 on: March 11, 2019, 11:21:40 AM »

I can not speak for all Democrats but I certainly want to see a recession that delivers a serious electoral penalty to Republicans in 2020.

Its like the trolley car problem; a recession would kill thousands; Republican Party control over Policy kills millions.

I don't know why this thread isn't named after Solid because he says something absurd and ignorant at least once every few days.
[/quote]

Because it's a liberal skewed forum, they would much rather throw a conservative under the bus.
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #621 on: March 11, 2019, 12:43:01 PM »

To be honest, I made that post in the heat of passion level mindset, and not in a rational thinking mindset. Its not a good post of mine, and I am not proud of having posted it.

Though it is ironic to consider how you called for the thread to be named after someone in a post where you did not go through your post to make sure that there was no broken quote tags in the process.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #622 on: March 11, 2019, 12:49:19 PM »

To be honest, I made that post in the heat of passion level mindset, and not in a rational thinking mindset. Its not a good post of mine, and I am not proud of having posted it.

Unfortunately you're posting in a "heat of passion" a little too much, something you should think about. It's just a friendly observation.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #623 on: March 11, 2019, 12:58:39 PM »

Because it's a liberal skewed forum, they would much rather throw a conservative under the bus.
There's literally another thread named after Solid. Try again.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #624 on: March 11, 2019, 04:41:54 PM »

Could we also not call people who are sexually attracted to 16 year olds pedophiles, please?

A pedophile in medical/psychiatric terms is someone who is sexually attracted to prepubescent kids, not to 16 year olds who in any biological sense are adults, if not in a mental sense.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 ... 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies