The BlueSwan Basement of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VIII
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 02:17:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The BlueSwan Basement of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VIII
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 74
Author Topic: The BlueSwan Basement of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VIII  (Read 170219 times)
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: October 05, 2018, 11:43:26 AM »

Lmao, the allegations are obviously made up by this manipulative psychologist. It won't work.

Posts you disagree with aren't for this thread.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #51 on: October 05, 2018, 12:41:43 PM »

Lmao, the allegations are obviously made up by this manipulative psychologist. It won't work.

I think I'm comfortable putting the claim that Fords "allegations" are definitely totally obviously made up in this well at this point. Hackery does belong here.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #52 on: October 05, 2018, 03:16:32 PM »

I think I'm comfortable putting the claim that Fords "allegations" are definitely totally obviously made up in this well at this point. Hackery does belong here.

SJW 101: An opinion I disagree with or an opinion that offends me or my view of reality, even if it is viewed by a large amount of people, is automatically wrong and incorrect.

Am I putting people's quotes about how Kavanaugh is a bad choice in here? Just because I disagree with them? No! 
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #53 on: October 05, 2018, 04:58:29 PM »

SJW 101: An opinion I disagree with or an opinion that offends me or my view of reality, even if it is viewed by a large amount of people, is automatically wrong and incorrect.

Am I putting people's quotes about how Kavanaugh is a bad choice in here? Just because I disagree with them? No! 
If I put things in here just because of disagreement, this thread would already be at 20 pages.
Pouring Rain and Blairing Music
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #54 on: October 05, 2018, 05:07:21 PM »

Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #55 on: October 05, 2018, 05:30:17 PM »

First, it seems like even those people suddenly proclaiming absolutely doom for the Democrats in November are conveniently just focusing on the Senate and ignoring the House and Governorships.  

So much is made of a few polls where Heitkamp is behind, and I would acknowledge there seems to be some movement there.  But that's one race in one tiny, unrepresentative state!

The same posts ignore 10+ House GOP incumbents that now appear to be behind in the polls by 8-12 points.  Or the fact that Andrew Gillum has led every poll of the biggest governor's race in the country since he won the primary.  Or the fact that Democrats are running away in Governors' races that were previous thought toss-ups like MI, CO, CT, and MN.  And does anyone think the Kavanaugh hearings are going to help Republicans defend their eight close congressional races in California??

North Dakota is not representative of the US.  Across the true scope of the nation, Democrats are still dominating.
The house is usually tougher to predict because the districts are so gerrymandered. With that being said there is definitely movement toward the GOP in the last week and movement away from the democrats. I do not think that Gillum can hold that lead he is too left wing for Florida and I think DeSantis will end up narrowily winning as well as Rick Scott. Florida is becoming fools gold for democrats just as PA used to be for the GOP. Things COULD CHANGE in the next month but it's not that long of a time and the enthusiasm of each side is now even according to the latest poll which is really bad news for democrats. The democrats got cocky again and overreached with Kavanaugh. They should have not pushed so hard and riled up the GOP base. Now you have an energized GOP base. I agree with the OP largely. The democrats are in trouble in 2020 and until 2026 probably. I think 2018 could end up being a surprising showing for the GOP and the democrats may not win the house back. Democrats are lost as a party right now. They have no coherent message other than they hate Trump. The economy is in a strong position and we are not at war. Trump is looking stronger and stronger to be reelected by the day.
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #56 on: October 05, 2018, 08:38:30 PM »

Are you agreeing or posting it in the well?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #57 on: October 05, 2018, 10:17:49 PM »

If I put things in here just because of disagreement, this thread would already be at 20 pages.

To be fair, if "hackery belonged here", then we'd probably need a new thread every week at minimum.
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #58 on: October 05, 2018, 11:03:28 PM »

TBF the truth isn't that far. Considering the many people on the right really don't care about rape(defending roy moore, trump, kavanagh, clarence thomas, and sometimes even franken, who's a democrat).
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #59 on: October 06, 2018, 09:16:51 AM »

Seriously...Republicans control every level of national and state government, and they have won three out of the last four elections. Republicans are heavy favorites to keep the Senate in 2018, and basically have a 50-50 shot of keeping the House. Their 2020 nominee is probably going to be Warren, who will have the same image problems as Hillary had.

I have been lurking around this forum since 2013, and liberals have been talking sh!t since Day 1. Where exactly does their confidence come from?
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #60 on: October 06, 2018, 10:32:46 AM »

TBF the truth isn't that far. Considering the many people on the right really don't care about rape(defending roy moore, trump, kavanagh, clarence thomas, and sometimes even franken, who's a democrat).

Yeah, how exactly is this excessive hyperbole or absurd? 91% of Republicans and the Republican President of the United States of America (who is an alleged rapist himself) supported and had a goddamn rally for a ing rapist/pedophile. Y’all are clueless if you think the GOP actually cares about that lol

Half of normally Republican voters stayed home
Kyle Rittenhouse is a Political Prisoner
Jalawest2

« Reply #61 on: October 06, 2018, 11:07:13 AM »

Yeah, how exactly is this excessive hyperbole or absurd? 91% of Republicans and the Republican President of the United States of America (who is an alleged rapist himself) supported and had a goddamn rally for a ing rapist/pedophile. Y’all are clueless if you think the GOP actually cares about that lol

The same as they do in most other elections?
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #62 on: October 06, 2018, 11:40:09 AM »

The same as they do in most other elections?

Alabama special had record turnout (even higher than some midterms), and yet  Republicans stayed home at a pretty big rate.

The fact is the race got more media attention then any senate race ever , so in this case I would sa they stayed home because they couldnt stomach voting for Roy Moore not because they just forgot to vote.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #63 on: October 06, 2018, 11:45:59 AM »

Maybe we all need to get our training wheels on, but conflating holding your nose and voting for an alleged "rapist" due to partisan hackery - while absolutely something that should be condemned - with "LOVING rape" is, indeed, absurd and ignorant.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #64 on: October 06, 2018, 11:17:21 PM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=303255.0

Not sure whether this thread is funny or sad...
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #65 on: October 07, 2018, 02:36:38 AM »
« Edited: October 07, 2018, 02:41:30 AM by cookiedamage »

It's one thing to assert that Heitkamp is DOA. It's another thing to assert that Democrats are somehow dooming themselves by opposing Kavanaugh and somehow it's leading to their downfall, of which you have no real proof.  You frankly look like a troll.

Heitkamp being DOA = The Senate is gone = Dems screwed themselves. Pretty simple.

I hate to be the one to break it to you, but tens of millions of Americans vehemently disagree with the Democratic Party's Holy Crusade against the drunkard, and this includes a majority of the voting populace in deep red states that we were hoping to win.

She's probably been DOA since before Kavanaugh became an issue. Not sure how Dems screwed themselves unless you simply want to troll. And the fact that you see them making it a Holy Crusade says a lot about how you view accusations against sexual predators and their victims.

Also, if Manchin, Donnelly, and McCaskill win, then you're whole BS "Dems RUINED themselves" is gonna turn out to be a steaming pile of troll sh*t. Since Manchin and Donnelly are at least favored, I can assume that Heitkamp being down double digits is because of her being in North Dakota, and having been down for months anyways. If Donnelly and McCaskill both win, both of whom voted against Kavanaugh, then Dems clearly didn't screw themselves over which is a line you're obsessed with shoving down our throats. Manchin's vote looks to be irrelevant since he was probably gonna win anyways.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #66 on: October 07, 2018, 03:18:51 AM »

It's one thing to assert that Heitkamp is DOA. It's another thing to assert that Democrats are somehow dooming themselves by opposing Kavanaugh and somehow it's leading to their downfall, of which you have no real proof.  You frankly look like a troll.

Heitkamp being DOA = The Senate is gone = Dems screwed themselves. Pretty simple.

I hate to be the one to break it to you, but tens of millions of Americans vehemently disagree with the Democratic Party's Holy Crusade against the drunkard, and this includes a majority of the voting populace in deep red states that we were hoping to win.

She's probably been DOA since before Kavanaugh became an issue. Not sure how Dems screwed themselves unless you simply want to troll. And the fact that you see them making it a Holy Crusade says a lot about how you view accusations against sexual predators and their victims.

Also, if Manchin, Donnelly, and McCaskill win, then you're whole BS "Dems RUINED themselves" is gonna turn out to be a steaming pile of troll sh*t. Since Manchin and Donnelly are at least favored, I can assume that Heitkamp being down double digits is because of her being in North Dakota, and having been down for months anyways. If Donnelly and McCaskill both win, both of whom voted against Kavanaugh, then Dems clearly didn't screw themselves over which is a line you're obsessed with shoving down our throats. Manchin's vote looks to be irrelevant since he was probably gonna win anyways.

I think McCaskill and Donnelly will win actually (though I wouldn't be at all surprised if one or both lost.) North Dakota is not at all equivalent to Indiana or Missouri. The Republican margin there has been double what it is in those two in the last two presidential elections. And Manchin voted for Kavanaugh. I never stated that it would destroy the Democratic Party, LOL. You just made that up out of thin air. But the fact of the matter is that Dems cannot afford to lose any of their own seats if they want to take the Senate. So even if Kavanaugh caused a loss of a single seat, that's enough to screw them over in the Senate.
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #67 on: October 07, 2018, 05:46:27 AM »

I think McCaskill and Donnelly will win actually (though I wouldn't be at all surprised if one or both lost.) North Dakota is not at all equivalent to Indiana or Missouri. The Republican margin there has been double what it is in those two in the last two presidential elections. And Manchin voted for Kavanaugh. I never stated that it would destroy the Democratic Party, LOL. You just made that up out of thin air. But the fact of the matter is that Dems cannot afford to lose any of their own seats if they want to take the Senate. So even if Kavanaugh caused a loss of a single seat, that's enough to screw them over in the Senate.

You were most definitely in multiple other threads bemoaning how stupid the Democrats are for ruining their chances and being stupid. You were vague with your concern trolling so don't blame me for using hyperbole in regards to your already trollish posts Smiley.

Also, current information points to her losing anyways, regardless of Kavanaugh. What happens then if the Democrats had instead backed off of Kavanaugh and toned down the rhetoric, and Heitkamp still polled 12 points under and then lost?? I mean, that's probably what would have happened anyways but would you have had the same reaction??? Hrmmmm....
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #68 on: October 07, 2018, 01:20:58 PM »

Not to mention that if you take out Memerson and the highly erratic Reuters/Ipsos, the average becomes D+5.5.

Take out NPR/PBS/Marist, Harvard-Harris, and Quinnipiac -- all possibly biased for the D's...and you get D+4!

I wonder if we'll get an R+something poll soon after that Kavanaugh debacle. Who knows...maybe the GCB will be something like R+1 at the end if things really break in favor for the GOP. I looked at quite a few polls from the 2016 Senate elections recently and noticed a pattern - many were accurate at predicting the percentage the Democratic candidate would get, and it didn't change much since early October. On top of that, the undecideds broke heavily for the GOP.

If you see the same pattern hold...

https://realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/2018_generic_congressional_vote-6185.html#polls

..notice how even the D favorables only have it at around 50%...that means even if they're accurate, undecideds could break massively for the GOP to the point where it's pretty much a tie --> no blue wave, no taking back the House!

And I wouldn't be surprised...people who are going to vote Democratic on November 6 have likely ALREADY decided by now. If you're still undecided after all the "we need a blue wave to put a check on Trump" propaganda, chances are you lean GOP.

Sorry guys.
Pouring Rain and Blairing Music
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #69 on: October 07, 2018, 03:26:01 PM »

Are you agreeing or posting it in the well?

I was agreeing with it.
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #70 on: October 07, 2018, 07:31:54 PM »

Pointbeing, when the regionalism argument doesn’t apply, you’ve got cases like 2016 and 2000 where the electoral college serves only to turn an election into a coin flip for no good reason.

No, because if there was not an electoral college, candidates would try to maximize their votes in their strongholds.  Hillary Clinton would not have to even try to appeal to people in Pennsylvania; she would be in California trying to maximize her vote their.  She would not need to try to appeal to a broader segment of the country. 

We complain about polarization now,but this would knock it into overdrive.   

What? Winning a PV majority is literally appealing to a broader segment of the country. It's inherent to the idea of a mathematical majority.

No it isn’t. Winning the PV is running up the score in sections where you are already ahead. The fact that Hillary won the PV despite the national precinct map being a sea of red proves this.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #71 on: October 07, 2018, 07:48:56 PM »

1) There isn't much for Trump to attack on
2) She's black and a woman

Pick one.

Lol and when has Trump attacked people for their race or gender?
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #72 on: October 08, 2018, 01:59:32 AM »

I became a creationist to trigger the libs.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #73 on: October 08, 2018, 01:22:38 PM »
« Edited: October 08, 2018, 07:38:24 PM by Politician »

The Taylor Swift endorsement will mean at least a 53-46 Bredesen win.

Edit: Another one
Why does it bother people so much that there are a couple really rich people in the world? Rather than whining about that, can't we constructively focus on inclusive economic GROWTH and the institutional overhaul needed to optimize and deliver that growth.

Edit: And they keep coming in
Somewhere between Lean D and Likely D seems right for this, but it will certainly be close for California.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #74 on: October 08, 2018, 03:13:24 PM »

So markets' initial reaction is more important than potential loss of democracy and a leader who supports murderous military regimes as role models?

It worked for Pinochet and Chile *shrug*
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies