Trump supporters: Tell me why the President *isn’t* super-racist.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 12:20:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump supporters: Tell me why the President *isn’t* super-racist.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Author Topic: Trump supporters: Tell me why the President *isn’t* super-racist.  (Read 7778 times)
here2view
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.13, S: -1.74

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: August 14, 2018, 04:04:23 PM »

Thanks for proving my point! Not one valid response. Typical.

Because your post is idiotic. Nobody cheered for the baseball shooter. Antifa is a political force that is so small that it's hardly worth discussing and the number of people who support it here is very small. You're acting like any criticism of Trump is cover-ass for losing to Hillary even though there are tons of Republicans on this board who also rag on Trump all the time. Your criticism about overplaying scandals is dumb because you reflexively downplay any misdeeds of the administration as liberal hysteria regardless of what the offense is or how serious it is.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #76 on: August 14, 2018, 04:05:52 PM »

Is 5'2 Sanchez really spending 10 hours of his day arguing on Atlas?
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #77 on: August 14, 2018, 04:10:30 PM »

Is 5'2 Sanchez really spending 10 hours of his day arguing on Atlas?

Well, when you are caught holding anti-social sentiment, you have to find a way to show that you aren't really anti-social. The same way that racists have to show they are really not racist when there is evidence where a reasonable person would consider them racist.

Are you going to psychologically profile me now Arch, seeing as you're apparently a jack of all trades Roll Eyes

Roll Eyes

And I appreciate the compliment, although I'm far from it in my view.

Its not amateur psychoanalysis in as much as it is a reasonable person's observation of your behavior.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #78 on: August 14, 2018, 04:36:24 PM »

You have to remember, the left has a very broad definition of racism. To millions of white Americans, the KKK is racist, segregation was racist, and slavery was racist. In the absence of that, nothing else is racist to millions and millions of people.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #79 on: August 14, 2018, 04:44:53 PM »

Oh dear, a notoriously aggressive and easily triggered resident white supremacist hijacked my thread.

I'm tempted to lock it, but eh.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #80 on: August 14, 2018, 04:52:16 PM »

You have to remember, the left has a very broad definition of racism. To millions of white Americans, the KKK is racist, segregation was racist, and slavery was racist. In the absence of that, nothing else is racist to millions and millions of people.

Literally nothing else?  LOL
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #81 on: August 14, 2018, 05:06:12 PM »

LOL
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -1.65

« Reply #82 on: August 14, 2018, 05:09:07 PM »

Oh dear, a notoriously aggressive and easily triggered resident white supremacist hijacked my thread.

He couldn't have "hijacked" your thread if a dozen different people weren't engaging with him.
twenty42
United States

« Reply #83 on: August 14, 2018, 06:04:17 PM »

Let’s be honest...you were asking for a train wreck with the thread title.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #84 on: August 14, 2018, 07:00:29 PM »
« Edited: August 14, 2018, 07:14:00 PM by Devout Centrist »

Well, I think it's quite clear Trump is a racist. But does it matter? Unfortunately, the answer seems to be 'no'.

I hate to say it, but this was completely avoidable. This thread devolved into a sh*tfest almost immediately.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #85 on: August 14, 2018, 07:12:28 PM »

LOL
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #86 on: August 14, 2018, 08:47:30 PM »
« Edited: August 14, 2018, 08:56:02 PM by Fuzzy Bear »

As someone who is from South Florida, I can say with good authority that Parkland kids have tended to be the most preppy, arrogant, nasty, and pampered pack of kids I’ve ever encountered. Barring Boca kids at least. Up until last week my friends and I used to joke about them. My brother even bemoaned starting his job at the Jimmy Johns there because he didn’t want to work with them. The collective reputation of Parkland - and my experiences with Parkland kids - doesn’t change in spite of what happened. They in no way deserved this but I’ll be damned if a group of kids too scared to go down to MLK Blvd in Pompano to protest the regular killings of black youth due to crime/police/etc end up impacting this country’s two hundred year tradition of protecting the sanctity of our rights to bare arms.

They want to pimp out their friend’s deaths and make a statement? Well then we the people have the right to answer them. The ultimate victory of the NRA this time around will be an important life lesson for them anyway: you can’t always get what you want.

I found the post in five (5) minutes of searching.  That's because more diligent, and more intellectually honest  than the crowd that, truthfully, were afraid (and rightly so) that the post would be found and accurately discussed.  I try not to blow my own horn, but this is a situation that calls for it just a bit.

It's the same sorry crew that provided the character assasination.  Invisible Obama.  ProudModerate2.  Arch.  They should be spokepeople for GEICO; have them ranting falsehoods about people, while the announcer says, "When you're ProudModerate2, you mischaracterize your opponents and smear their character undeservedly.  It's what you do."  It would be a great ad, worthy of a Super Bowl Timespot.

What my friend, Sanchez, did, was express a sentiment that I agree with as far as that entire crowd of Parkland protesters, and especially their self-appointed leader, David Hogg, are concerned.  I don't wish them harm,either.  I note that Sanchez is speaking from experience when he talks of Parkland; perhaps he knows more about what the scene was/is there more than the bulk of Atlas. More importantly, they entered the political arena and took a controversial stand, advocating the scaling back of an enumerated Constitutional right, using the deaths of their peers to make an emotional argument that, IMO is not factually based.  Are they milking the deaths of students for the cause?  Of course they are, Sanchez is right about that.  Is that wrong?  That's all in the eye of the beholder, but what is NOT right is the assertion that people are wrong in providing the verbal response to these kids, and their adult sponsors.  

Politics and Public Advocacy aren't games; they are "for keeps" things.  I was a snot-nosed 18 year old Democratic activist who received his share of pushback; that I can take it as well as give it out is because I learned early of my opponents' right to dish it out.  In that respect, I sympathize with the Parkland kids, and I don't deny their life-and-death experience.  But people can take the wrong lessons from life-and-death experiences, and I believe many of them are.  Sanchez called them on this.  Good for him.  Three posters discredited him unfairly.  Shame on them all.

Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #87 on: August 14, 2018, 08:57:22 PM »

junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #88 on: August 14, 2018, 09:06:50 PM »

Trump is your stereotypical old school NYC racist. He doesn't want to bring segregation back and probably likes black athletes, musicians, and singers but he would never hire a black lawyer, doctor, or dentist.

Tons of old school racists like this in NYC
fluffypanther19
United States

« Reply #89 on: August 14, 2018, 09:13:23 PM »

Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #90 on: August 14, 2018, 09:35:22 PM »

As someone who is from South Florida, I can say with good authority that Parkland kids have tended to be the most preppy, arrogant, nasty, and pampered pack of kids I’ve ever encountered. Barring Boca kids at least. Up until last week my friends and I used to joke about them. My brother even bemoaned starting his job at the Jimmy Johns there because he didn’t want to work with them. The collective reputation of Parkland - and my experiences with Parkland kids - doesn’t change in spite of what happened. They in no way deserved this but I’ll be damned if a group of kids too scared to go down to MLK Blvd in Pompano to protest the regular killings of black youth due to crime/police/etc end up impacting this country’s two hundred year tradition of protecting the sanctity of our rights to bare arms.

They want to pimp out their friend’s deaths and make a statement? Well then we the people have the right to answer them. The ultimate victory of the NRA this time around will be an important life lesson for them anyway: you can’t always get what you want.

I found the post in five (5) minutes of searching.  That's because more diligent, and more intellectually honest  than the crowd that, truthfully, were afraid (and rightly so) that the post would be found and accurately discussed.  I try not to blow my own horn, but this is a situation that calls for it just a bit.

It's the same sorry crew that provided the character assasination.  Invisible Obama.  ProudModerate2.  Arch.  They should be spokepeople for GEICO; have them ranting falsehoods about people, while the announcer says, "When you're ProudModerate2, you mischaracterize your opponents and smear their character undeservedly.  It's what you do."  It would be a great ad, worthy of a Super Bowl Timespot.

1) It took me less than five minutes once I looked up how to do it with Google. Nobody was afraid, and I posted it above the moment I found it. For someone coming in with righteous condescension about character assassination, you come off as quite the hypocrite.

2) No. The implication is palpable and real, and that was already addressed in the original thread; you can go read Peenie's posts there.

3) He did not call them out on their "anti-death" positions. He put their culpability as mass shooting victims into question by mis-assigning part of the fault of the disaster on the victims. It is a kind of gas lighting, and I won't legitimize that as a position worth addressing beyond that, when it's clearly not the case.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #91 on: August 14, 2018, 09:46:10 PM »
« Edited: August 14, 2018, 09:54:44 PM by Fuzzy Bear »

I found the post in five (5) minutes of searching.  That's because more diligent, and more intellectually honest  than the crowd that, truthfully, were afraid (and rightly so) that the post would be found and accurately discussed.  I try not to blow my own horn, but this is a situation that calls for it just a bit.

It's the same sorry crew that provided the character assasination.  Invisible Obama.  ProudModerate2.  Arch.  They should be spokepeople for GEICO; have them ranting falsehoods about people, while the announcer says, "When you're ProudModerate2, you mischaracterize your opponents and smear their character undeservedly.  It's what you do."  It would be a great ad, worthy of a Super Bowl Timespot.

1) It took me less than five minutes once I looked up how to do it with Google. Nobody was afraid, and I posted it above the moment I found it. For someone coming in with righteous condescension about character assassination, you come off as quite the hypocrite.

2) No. The implication is palpable and real, and that was already addressed in the original thread; you can go read Peenie's posts there.

3) He did not call them out on their "anti-death" positions. He put their culpability as mass shooting victims into question by mis-assigning part of the fault of the disaster on the victims. It is a kind of gas lighting, and I won't legitimize that as a position worth addressing beyond that, when it's clearly not the case.

Perhaps if you say it enough, others will be driven to strong drink, after enough of which, your viewpoint on this issue might make sense.

I recommend sobriety.

You, Arch, and ProudModerate2, and Invisible Obama, have attached my character repeatedly, over and over again, by calling me various names, by playing the "Everyone I don't like is Hitler!" game, calling me a hypocrite whenever I provide a little pushback, and repeating your points when disproven, never manifesting a spirit of actual discussion, of being willing to see other viewpoints, let alone advocating a coherent viewpoint of your own.  That's fine, too; you get to do that.  But I'm going to push back, and I'm going to call you three out every time you pull your schtick.

And I'm going to ask my friends here to do that as well.  You three are the worst in this way.  Since it's not against the ToS to do so, I'm fine with asking for backup.  But if it doesn't come, I'm willing to stand alone. 

What you three pulled with Sanchez is "low within the rules". 
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #92 on: August 14, 2018, 09:50:07 PM »

I found the post in five (5) minutes of searching.  That's because more diligent, and more intellectually honest  than the crowd that, truthfully, were afraid (and rightly so) that the post would be found and accurately discussed.  I try not to blow my own horn, but this is a situation that calls for it just a bit.

It's the same sorry crew that provided the character assasination.  Invisible Obama.  ProudModerate2.  Arch.  They should be spokepeople for GEICO; have them ranting falsehoods about people, while the announcer says, "When you're ProudModerate2, you mischaracterize your opponents and smear their character undeservedly.  It's what you do."  It would be a great ad, worthy of a Super Bowl Timespot.

Perhaps if you say it enough, others will be driven to strong drink, after enough of which, your viewpoint on this issue might make sense.

I recommend sobriety.

Roll Eyes
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #93 on: August 14, 2018, 09:54:36 PM »
« Edited: August 14, 2018, 10:01:54 PM by ProudModerate2 »

You can stop pumping your chest, because that Sanchez quote was already posted, and has already been discussed.
If you took the time to read all the posts in this thread, you would know this.
So go back into your "bubble world" with your foot in your mouth.

Edit to add:
It's also interesting to see that Fuzzy completely left out how "his friend" Sanchez dogged-on these kids in that quote calling them "preppy, arrogant, nasty, and pampered pack of kids."
What a nice, Christian thing to say to these pupils who just witnessed some of their own school mates killed. And Sanchez also saying that these kids "want to pimp out their friend’s deaths."
Just disgusting, but Fuzzy will overlook this as usual.
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #94 on: August 14, 2018, 09:55:51 PM »

Just peeping in b4lok.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #95 on: August 14, 2018, 09:56:17 PM »

You can stop pumping your chest, because that Sanchez quote was already posted, and has already been discussed.
If you took the time to read all the posts in this thread, you would know this.
So go back into your "bubble world" with your foot in your mouth.

Stop looking in the mirror.  I'm over here!
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #96 on: August 14, 2018, 10:34:07 PM »

I recommend sobriety.

You, Arch, and ProudModerate2, and Invisible Obama, have attached my character repeatedly, over and over again, by calling me various names, by playing the "Everyone I don't like is Hitler!" game, calling me a hypocrite whenever I provide a little pushback, and repeating your points when disproven, never manifesting a spirit of actual discussion, of being willing to see other viewpoints, let alone advocating a coherent viewpoint of your own.  That's fine, too; you get to do that.  But I'm going to push back, and I'm going to call you three out every time you pull your schtick.

And I'm going to ask my friends here to do that as well.  You three are the worst in this way.  Since it's not against the ToS to do so, I'm fine with asking for backup.  But if it doesn't come, I'm willing to stand alone. 

Who put the quarter in this guy?
What is he going on about with us posting that is "low within the rules?"
All this discussion about Sanchez is old news, and was just regurgitated here.
Don't make a mole hill into Mount Everest.
Fuzzy makes it sound like Arch, Invisible Obama and I just crawled into Roman Centurion costumes and nailed Jesus to the cross.
Go breath into a paper bag or something. Geeesh.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #97 on: August 14, 2018, 10:43:54 PM »

1) I called you a hypocrite because you acted like one. You didn't care to read the posts above and then proceeded to pat yourself on the back for something that wasn't represented even remotely well.

I don't think I've ever "attached [sic]" your character any other time beyond nominal disagreements, ever. I know you feel cornered, and you want to swing in an arc, but we are all very different posters who agree in this conversation. Did I call you Hitler or anything of that sort? No. Stop. You're making a fool out of yourself.

When I brought out the points about semantics versus pragmatics, it was ignored, and I specifically indicated that Sanchez was rubber banding to avoid addressing anything of substance. In fact, nothing I said was really disproven.

2) And you're defending Sanchez now that he prefaced the conversation saying he didn't owe us "any civility" (note even the mod called him out on this) and that we weren't worth arguing with. He doesn't act in good faith; he doesn't argue in good faith; his politics are not executed in good faith. Yet, you're here crying wolf because you feel attacked because I, rightly so, called you out.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #98 on: August 14, 2018, 10:45:34 PM »

This is the quality of a thread you will get when there are people on it that are racist and don't know they are.  These folks at most claim they are not racist because they say don't identify as racist, which is ignorant. However, what is particularly offensive and borderline elitist is when those racist people claim that when they are being reasonably percieved as being racist, it's not a problem with them offending people but a problem with the perceivers being immature at best and being manipulative at worst. "He who smelled it, dealt it" should be the GOP slogan for 2018, 2020, and for how much the longer there is a steady escalation of whataboutism and white nationalist sentiment within  it.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #99 on: August 14, 2018, 11:05:32 PM »

1) I called you a hypocrite because you acted like one. You didn't care to read the posts above and then proceeded to pat yourself on the back for something that wasn't represented even remotely well.

I don't think I've ever "attached [sic]" your character any other time beyond nominal disagreements, ever. I know you feel cornered, and you want to swing in an arc, but we are all very different posters who agree in this conversation. Did I call you Hitler or anything of that sort? No. Stop. You're making a fool out of yourself.

When I brought out the points about semantics versus pragmatics, it was ignored, and I specifically indicated that Sanchez was rubber banding to avoid addressing anything of substance. In fact, nothing I said was really disproven.

2) And you're defending Sanchez now that he prefaced the conversation saying he didn't owe us "any civility" (note even the mod called him out on this) and that we weren't worth arguing with. He doesn't act in good faith; he doesn't argue in good faith; his politics are not executed in good faith. Yet, you're here crying wolf because you feel attacked because I, rightly so, called you out.

You, Invisible Obama, ProudModerate2.

As for the mod, I'd like to see where the lack of civility from ProudModerate2 and Invisible Obama has been addressed.  They don't necessarily declare their intentios; they just deliver it.

I've read it all.  You got caught lame.  It happens to the best of folks at times, but it happens to the chronically lame as well.  Which of these you are is your choice, but I'll allow the objective readers of all of this to consider which is which.

And I'll say this again and again, over and over:  I don't feel bad when the David Hoggs and his band of Parklanders get flak for their positions.  I don't care when their motivations are questioned.  I don't care when folks call out Khizir Khan for his remarks at the DNC.  It's not that I don't care what these people have been through, but when you enter the political arena (as they have), all of your statements are scrutinized, all of your motives are questioned.  That's the price of advocacy.  I get it.  Sanchez gets it.  It's up to you, ProudModerate2, Invisible Obama, and a few others if you want to be slow learners on First Amendment 101.  You can assert you're right all night long, but you won't here me agreeing here.  I'll listen to non-hackish feedback.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies