Trump/Putin disaster summit. And also overseas visit w/ NATO & UK.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 08:43:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump/Putin disaster summit. And also overseas visit w/ NATO & UK.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17
Author Topic: Trump/Putin disaster summit. And also overseas visit w/ NATO & UK.  (Read 20265 times)
Fuzzy Bear Loves Christian Missionaries
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #325 on: July 16, 2018, 07:23:46 PM »

http://buchanan.org/blog/pjb-who-lost-russia-255

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Trump's not wrong about our nation making many mistakes in our relationship with Russia.  This article was written in 2007 and appears prophetic.

Having said this, I certainly pray that Trump actually knows he's not wrong.  I'm still digesting today's events.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #326 on: July 16, 2018, 07:31:14 PM »

Here's Joe Walsh's take on it:

Woke Joe Walsh strikes again!

The is the ultimate example of the enemy one's enemy being one's friend.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #327 on: July 16, 2018, 07:34:36 PM »

Here's Joe Walsh's take on it:

Woke Joe Walsh strikes again!

The is the ultimate example of the enemy one's enemy being one's friend.

We're all either patriots or Russians, at this point.  Republicans/Democrats be damned; this is about loyalty to the republic--and a good many on your side are not.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #328 on: July 16, 2018, 07:54:01 PM »

We have a Congress that is about as potent/relevant today as the Roman Senate was under the Roman Empire.  This country is a joke.  They seem to think their primary duty is to release statements and finger wag.

Trump better be careful, or Flake and Corker might only vote with him 98% of the time instead of 99%!
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #329 on: July 16, 2018, 08:05:46 PM »
« Edited: July 16, 2018, 08:09:32 PM by Fuzzy Bear »

We're all either patriots or Russians, at this point.  Republicans/Democrats be damned; this is about loyalty to the republic--and a good many on your side are not.

Well, then, let's take stock, assuming you are right:

The Democrats have not been "patriotic" for five (5) minutes in all of this.  Their motivations, from the start, have been nakedly political, all for the sake of the objectives of their various constituencies.  It is hard to take seriously a group of folks that viewed Trump as a modern-day Marshal Petain before he even took office.  Ditto the news media, that abandoned all pretense of objectivity to overtly join "The Resistance".  These people lost credibility a long time ago.

So let's see what Republicans are actually willing to do.

One of my differences with #NeverTrump Republicans is that they would talk of Trump as if he were the total, unequivocal Scum Of The Earth, but when asked if they would vote for Hillary, they balked.  They would say they were writing in their wife, or McCain, or Bush 41, or something like that.  Personally, I found that lame.  If Trump were really THAT BAD, and people knew it in 2016, why would they NOT become Republicans for Clinton?  Democrats did it for Nixon; why couldn't they do the same if Trump were AS BAD AS THEY, THEMSELVES, WERE SAYING?

If what Special K is saying is true, and if what some Republicans are saying is true, let them call for Trump's resignation.  Let them do it right now.  

If Dan Coats is really put out and believes Trump erred gravely, let him resign as Director of National Intelligence.

If Trump is really that far off the reservation, let Secretary of State (and former DCI) Mike Pompeo call for his resignation, and/or resign himself.

Let them all call for Trump's resignation, or resign themselves.  Nikki Haley.  John Bolton.  His whole Cabinet.

Let VP Mike Pence publicly resign from the Administration, and announce that, from here forward, he will confine himself only to his Constitutional duty of presiding over the Senate.

Let Jeff Flake, John, McCain, and Lindsey Graham switch parties to give the Democrats the majority.  Indeed, let all Republicans who not only disagree with this, but who view this in the apocalyptic terms that John Brennan (yes, the hack, John Brennan) views Trump's actions today, join with Democrats in Congress to form a "government of national unity" in opposition to all Trump is doing, while they reorganize the Congress along new lines to form an anti-Trump coalition.  I mean, if this is THAT BAD, why shouldn't this happen?  That would give the Democrats an opportunity to redeem themselves somewhat, by working hand in hand with patriotic Republicans that they called racists and homophobes just last week in the GOP for the sake of the greater good of "Removing the Traitor".  

If what Special K says is true, THAT is what real "patriotism" would look like.  
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #330 on: July 16, 2018, 08:10:04 PM »

Trump's not wrong about our nation making many mistakes in our relationship with Russia.  This article was written in 2007 and appears prophetic.

Having said this, I certainly pray that Trump actually knows he's not wrong.  I'm still digesting today's events.

Anything to defend the God Emperor, apparently
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #331 on: July 16, 2018, 08:11:45 PM »

The idea that this summit is sending "shock-waves" throughout the world confirms the fact that people have really short-term memories. This meeting went exactly how I figured it would, Trump said all of this stuff before and he will again. He is compromised. How much more evidence do we need? I want to borrow whatever most people use to insulate themselves from paying attention to the news and politics. Then maybe my stress level would decrease.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #332 on: July 16, 2018, 08:14:40 PM »

I grant you that eleven years have passed since this article, and Trump has more than a bit of a conflict of interest on this issue.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #333 on: July 16, 2018, 08:15:58 PM »

Applying the "If Obama" test is the way to measure this. If Obama did this Republicans would have hit the roof and rightfully so. But Trump did this so it's perfectly fine to them.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #334 on: July 16, 2018, 08:17:52 PM »

I grant you that eleven years have passed since this article, and Trump has more than a bit of a conflict of interest on this issue.

That’s putting it a tad mildly, I think...

And anyways whether Buchanan is right or not (I don’t think he is) the POTUS cannot, ever, kowtow to somebody like Putin at the expense of the nation. Especially after how he talks about NATO allies. There’s *one* person he absolutely refuses to criticize, ever. That’s not “America First,” that’s “Trump First,” which neatly sums up his entire foreign policy style.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #335 on: July 16, 2018, 08:21:38 PM »

If only we had a courageous FBI director who could've alerted us to this issue before the election, especially when he was so adamant about being as "transparent" as possible and shoveling as much dirt as possible on this person's opponent, even going so far as to reopen an ultimately pointless investigation of said person a week before the election.

Oh, wait.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #336 on: July 16, 2018, 08:23:14 PM »

If Obama had done this he would have been sent to the guillotine, not impeached.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #337 on: July 16, 2018, 08:28:27 PM »

If only we had a courageous FBI director who could've alerted us to this issue before the election, especially when he was so adamant about being as "transparent" as possible and shoveling as much dirt as possible on this person's opponent, even going so far as to reopen an ultimately pointless investigation of said person a week before the election.

Oh, wait.
I wish he would STFU. He was more than willing to ride on the Trump Train until his goofy ass got fired. Roll Eyes
here2view
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.13, S: -1.74

P P P
« Reply #338 on: July 16, 2018, 08:32:02 PM »

If Obama had done this he would have been sent to the guillotine, not impeached.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #339 on: July 16, 2018, 08:34:42 PM »

Oh, wait.
I wish he would STFU. He was more than willing to ride on the Trump Train until his goofy ass got fired. Roll Eyes
Comey probably feels redeemed today.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #340 on: July 16, 2018, 08:49:03 PM »

ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #341 on: July 16, 2018, 08:52:39 PM »

KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #342 on: July 16, 2018, 09:06:59 PM »

Lol what a cuck
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #343 on: July 16, 2018, 09:32:28 PM »

I’ve been holding my tongue so, so well for the last 2 years, but that’s it - everyone has to go, down to the local Republican Dog-Catcher.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #344 on: July 16, 2018, 09:37:24 PM »

Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #345 on: July 16, 2018, 09:59:37 PM »

It is time for Trump's GOP critics to put up or shut up.

If it's really THAT bad, they need to call for his resignation, or resign themselves.

If it's not, they need to make a coherent case that it's not that people can understand.  After all, Al Capone denied wrongdoing  rather strenuously.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #346 on: July 16, 2018, 10:33:41 PM »

Sir, how dare you imply that trumpets are grossly hypocritical in their application of morals and ethics? What do you have to prove this other than literally the past 10 years of History?

Good day sir!
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #347 on: July 16, 2018, 10:37:07 PM »

What the hell will this be about?
Is the Orange Traitor going to scream at those Pubs who verbally chastised him today?
Is it just a Pub meeting or both parties?
Interesting.

That’s how you know it’s bad.

Prediction. Trump will walk back some of his statements, say some nice things about his confidence in the American intelligence Services which no one but his cultists think he really believes, until the next time he criticizes them in which case the intelligence Services had it coming. Republican Congress leaders will Express their concern over the president's Hasty remarks blah blah blah but we are supporting it all behind NATO.

In other words, it is 8 Band-Aid for the biggest cell phone the president has inflicted since Charlottesville. They'll give him some scripted lines to read until the next time he f**** up. The Republican Congressional leadership won't like it, but they understand that actually going full-bore on investigations into Russian collusion and Trump's finances will only slow down there top priority of fellating the uber wealthy.

After all, why investigate High crimes and disloyalty by the president of the United States when it might interfere in knocking bat environmental regulations and appointing more right-wing federal judges? Are you crazy?!?
gerritcole
goatofalltrades

« Reply #348 on: July 16, 2018, 10:57:44 PM »

What the hell will this be about?
Is the Orange Traitor going to scream at those Pubs who verbally chastised him today?
Is it just a Pub meeting or both parties?
Interesting.

Probably just GOP; he'll begin by 'clarifying' his remarks at Helsinki and end w/bragging about winning WI/MI/OH/FL
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #349 on: July 16, 2018, 11:04:39 PM »

It is time for Trump's GOP critics to put up or shut up.

If it's really THAT bad, they need to call for his resignation, or resign themselves.

If it's not, they need to make a coherent case that it's not that people can understand.  After all, Al Capone denied wrongdoing  rather strenuously.

They'll stand up to Trump (and the erosion of American values they supposedly care about) when voters like YOU stand up to THEM and hold them accountable for not doing so.

Your argument is a half-assed way of avoiding responsibility for propping up and supporting a man who cares more about his Electoral College margin than he does about upholding the Constitution. Any post I see from you feigning concern about this situation without a denouncement of Trump and his enablers is concern trolling.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies