The Bagel23/X Marks the Spot Cellar of Exquisitely Aged Content (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:07:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Bagel23/X Marks the Spot Cellar of Exquisitely Aged Content (search mode)
Thread note
Please do not re-post any posts that you think are likely to be moderated in this thread.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Bagel23/X Marks the Spot Cellar of Exquisitely Aged Content  (Read 44055 times)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« on: September 02, 2018, 02:34:24 PM »

To be fair, he might still be DOA. I've been saying all along Texas is a better pickup opportunity for Democrats.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2018, 08:20:36 PM »

I've got a good feeling about Texas A&M against Alabama...either that or I've completely lost my marbles, one or the other.

For the record, Alabama crushed Texas A&M this afternoon, and I don't think the Crimson Tide fans on the forum are going to let me forget it.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2018, 10:59:32 PM »

I don't think it'll reach a Cat 5, and I imagine it'll weaken back to a Cat 3 before landfall, much like Katrina, Ivan etc.

Needless to say Michael didn't weaken.

A meteorologist I am not.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2018, 11:59:58 PM »

I don't think it'll reach a Cat 5, and I imagine it'll weaken back to a Cat 3 before landfall, much like Katrina, Ivan etc.

Needless to say Michael didn't weaken.
From the perspective of a Tallahassee resident, Hurricane Michael was a joke. It was no joke in Mexico Beach, but it was a joke here. I'm glad I didn't drive seven hours home in the end. The storm did very minimal damage to Tallahassee overall. My parents and family very much made matters more stressful for me in the buildup to the storm than what I actually experienced, which felt like the equivalent of a Cat 1 or 2 overall.

I'm happy to hear you're okay. I can't wait until we start fighting again...
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2021, 04:13:10 PM »

No need to wait for this one.

If Democrats gain control of the Senate, then the filibuster will be eliminated & they'll do all of these things. If not, the only thing that happens is a new justice being confirmed to replace Breyer (thereby not changing the ideological balance of the Court) & maybe an infrastructure package. I'm sure there'll be another COVID stimulus package in any event, but whether or not it includes $2K checks is entirely dependent on Senate control.

manchin will not vote to abolish the filibuster.

This also belongs here for the concept of a Republican Senate taking up a nomination to replace Breyer.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies