CPRM, Pt 3: LA 11/6
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 06:35:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  CPRM, Pt 3: LA 11/6
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 ... 97
Author Topic: CPRM, Pt 3: LA 11/6  (Read 119829 times)
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #475 on: August 07, 2018, 11:36:39 PM »

Also, I am legitimately surprised at the number of Democrats celebrating pretty much a Sarsour clone getting elected to Congress.

Yes, and?

You legitimately think Linda Sarsour is a good future for the Democratic party?
1 Rep out of the likely 200+ Dems in 2018 wont make a difference. The election of Lamb didnt force the Dems to the center, nor did the election of AOC force them left.

No, but this has an impact. My father, for example, would be less likely to vote Democratic after this.
Because a muslim woman won the seat, and because she as pro-Palestinian views? Ill be honest, thats a bit weird that your dad, or any other voter for that matter, would not vote for a D rep or senator because that one from MI is against Israel, sort of.

Also, when you mentioned her, I had to actually look her up, and Im very active in politics and this forum.

My family are atheists. He doesn't like pro-religion candidates and would prefer the Democrats remain secular.
I really hate to break it to ya, but shes not advocating for Sharia Law. In fact, I have never heard, in any of her stuff or speeches, her use religion, in any case. Im pretty sure shes just a progressive/DS who happens to be muslim. Like Ellison, both are semi-religious, but dont inject it into politics. And trust me, even if they were, the R party is still quoting bible scripture and using Jesus for every argument, so its a pretty stark choice.

I don't know about Tlaib, but Linda Sarsour has multiple tweets where she basically argues that Sharia Law is actually really progressive.
I didnt even know who she was before this conversation, and Sarsour was not elected. In the case of Tlaib, she is atheist when it comes to policy.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #476 on: August 07, 2018, 11:37:14 PM »

Brent Welder
13,087   38.9%   
Sharice Davids
11,071   32.9   
Tom Niermann
4,995   14.8   

Come on Welder!
Wait, why are you cheering for Welder, arent you constitution?
Jeppe
Bosse
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -4.00

« Reply #477 on: August 07, 2018, 11:37:35 PM »

Welder is toast, Sharice Davids is doing too well among election day voters. A lot of Niermann voters must've jumped ship when they saw that it was a Welder vs. Davids battle.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #478 on: August 07, 2018, 11:38:02 PM »
« Edited: August 07, 2018, 11:41:54 PM by 136or142 »

It's just one data point but it's interesting that Tlaib leads by 5,500 for the general election but by only 1,500 for the special election (where there are less candidates on the ballot.)  This may suggest that the further left Democrats aren't likely to get the votes of those who aren't further left.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #479 on: August 07, 2018, 11:38:11 PM »

I'm rooting for Davids, just because Welder is a Young Turks fan. That's basically the only reason.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #480 on: August 07, 2018, 11:39:47 PM »

I'm rooting for Davids, just because Welder is a Young Turks fan. That's basically the only reason.

That's plenty reason.
Jeppe
Bosse
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -4.00

« Reply #481 on: August 07, 2018, 11:40:05 PM »

It's just one data point but it's interesting that Tlaib leads by 5,500 for the general election but by only 1,500 for the special election (where there are less candidates on the ballot.)  This may suggest that the further left Democrats aren't likely to get the votes of those who are further left.

It's a race thing, Coleman Young & Shanelle Jackson (the two candidates not on the special election ballot) are both black. So is Brenda Jones.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #482 on: August 07, 2018, 11:40:50 PM »

Brent Welder
13,087   38.9%   
Sharice Davids
11,071   32.9   
Tom Niermann
4,995   14.8   

Come on Welder!
Wait, why are you cheering for Welder, arent you constitution?

My constitution party avatar is half a joke. I have it because I consider myself more pro-Constitution than most conservatives. I'm actually on the left lol.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #483 on: August 07, 2018, 11:42:23 PM »

It's just one data point but it's interesting that Tlaib leads by 5,500 for the general election but by only 1,500 for the special election (where there are less candidates on the ballot.)  This may suggest that the further left Democrats aren't likely to get the votes of those who areN'T further left.

It's a race thing, Coleman Young & Shanelle Jackson (the two candidates not on the special election ballot) are both black. So is Brenda Jones.

That's the most likely explanation.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #484 on: August 07, 2018, 11:43:42 PM »

RIP Washington GOP. More Democratic votes in every single district.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #485 on: August 07, 2018, 11:45:38 PM »

True, but the most Republican district wasn't on the ballot.  Also, as in California, there are still some thousands of votes left to be counted.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #486 on: August 07, 2018, 11:47:00 PM »

wow, every single one? Normally, it would be a small data point, but Jungle Primaries are very good at predicting the final results, so thats really bad for the GOP.

Then again, most results have been pretty bad for the GOP, so this isnt really surprising.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix

« Reply #487 on: August 07, 2018, 11:48:00 PM »

Tlaib's pretty much got the general election nomination, up by nearly nine points with 85% of precincts reporting.

Lowkey rooting for Jones now in the special, just so that she pulls a Curson.
Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #488 on: August 07, 2018, 11:48:08 PM »

Let's take a look at the Amazing Senate Primary Turnout Map! In Missouri, Republicans won by a silm margin of 53%-47%, a great sign for McCaskill! In Washington State, Dems cast 58% of the votes in the Jungle Primary to Republicans 37%. Still need some more results before coloring MI.

MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix

« Reply #489 on: August 07, 2018, 11:51:20 PM »

wow, every single one? Normally, it would be a small data point, but Jungle Primaries are very good at predicting the final results, so thats really bad for the GOP.

Then again, most results have been pretty bad for the GOP, so this isnt really surprising.
I was exaggerating, there are (slightly) more GOP votes in WA-05, Cathy McMorris Rodgers' district.

Dems, added together, are at 50.3 in Herrera Beutler's district. The sole Democrat is at 47.1% in McMorris Rodgers' district (the real shock here), Dems are at 49.9 in Rossi's district (lots of third party candidates, too), Dems could get D vs D generals in WA-09 and WA-03.
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #490 on: August 07, 2018, 11:52:47 PM »

Will Rashida Tlaib be the first Palestinian congressperson?
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix

« Reply #491 on: August 07, 2018, 11:55:49 PM »

Ian Conyers being absolutely destroyed is bringing me great joy.

John Sununu and Justin Amash have partial Palestinian Christian ancestry.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #492 on: August 08, 2018, 12:01:07 AM »

Darrell Issa too I think.
Greatblueheron
Rookie

« Reply #493 on: August 08, 2018, 12:13:34 AM »

Let's take a look at the Amazing Senate Primary Turnout Map! In Missouri, Republicans won by a silm margin of 53%-47%, a great sign for McCaskill! In Washington State, Dems cast 58% of the votes in the Jungle Primary to Republicans 37%. Still need some more results before coloring MI.

Why isn’t New York colored Red?
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #494 on: August 08, 2018, 12:16:20 AM »

No statewide primary in NY until September.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #495 on: August 08, 2018, 12:17:57 AM »

Both Senate Primaries were uncontested, New York exempts uncontested races from the primary entirely. I'll get a makeshift figure during the gubernatorial primaries in September.
Greatblueheron
Rookie

« Reply #496 on: August 08, 2018, 12:27:02 AM »

Both Senate Primaries were uncontested, New York exempts uncontested races from the primary entirely. I'll get a makeshift figure during the gubernatorial primaries in September.
Then why did you color Virginia red, when Tim Kaine didn’t have a primary, because he ran unopposed for the Democratic nomination?
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #497 on: August 08, 2018, 12:28:07 AM »

Then why did you color Virginia red, when Tim Kaine didn’t have a primary, because he ran unopposed for the Democratic nomination?

I did an alternate calculation using the turnout in the various house primaries. Same for Utah.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #498 on: August 08, 2018, 12:41:23 AM »

I've been using the top-ticket primary contest (or in cases where raw turnout is reported, that) to calculate the two-way primary turnout figures for 2018. With Democratic wins tonight in MI & WA, Democrats now have officially secured a majority in the Primary Electoral College!*

*Includes obvious future D wins in NY & MA; also includes an almost-certain D win in KY, for which we do not have raw turnout figures yet from SoS, but even without it, throwing in VT & HI get Democrats to 270
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix

« Reply #499 on: August 08, 2018, 12:51:12 AM »

Darrell Issa too I think.
Nope, just looked it up. Issa is all Lebanese.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 ... 97  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies