Italian Elections and Politics 2022 - Our Time to Schlein
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:37:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Italian Elections and Politics 2022 - Our Time to Schlein
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80
Author Topic: Italian Elections and Politics 2022 - Our Time to Schlein  (Read 172576 times)
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1925 on: March 14, 2023, 05:33:59 PM »

BASED! This is the first time in a while that a Jew has been in charge of a major European party (that wasn't a personal vehicle, looking at you, Zemmour)

Anyway, why did Schlein lose Emilia-Romagna? She's from there and was Vice President of the region (I assume that's the Italian equivalent of Lieutenant Governor, feel free to correct me)

This depends on whether you count Zingaretti as "a Jew" (which I don't think he does himself, but part of his maternal family is Jewish and his great-grandmother was deported to Auschwitz). I also assume you are counting Sluha Narodu as a personal vehicle?

Don't feed the American.

Well, you're British. You don't have any food in the first place because of "bad weather in Spain"

Regardless, nothing I wrote was incorrect. As I said, Schlein is the first person in a while to both identify as Jewish and lead an established party. "A while" is also a rather subjective time frame.

The Schlein is not Jewish, her father is not her mother

Sorry, "Etruscan"
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #1926 on: March 17, 2023, 02:26:33 AM »

PD recently polled above 20% for the first time since the election.
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1927 on: March 24, 2023, 02:39:19 AM »

Very nice, that stare at the beginning though.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1928 on: March 24, 2023, 06:11:22 AM »

New title since winter is over, at least astronomically speaking. Politically, the winter continues, as Meloni decided to pick another culture war to inflict upon all of us. The latest one is that she decided to withdraw recognition of adoptions of children by same-sex couples, which was already in a legal grey zone as Renzi failed to have it legally enshrined in his civil unions bill. Some mayors were still recognizing them anyway, but Meloni officially put an end to it a few weeks ago. She tried to justify this obvious act of gratuitous cruelty by fearmongering about surrogacy, which is already illegal in Italy and has nothing to do with this debate anyway. Lovely stuff all around.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #1929 on: March 24, 2023, 06:29:57 AM »

New title since winter is over, at least astronomically speaking. Politically, the winter continues, as Meloni decided to pick another culture war to inflict upon all of us. The latest one is that she decided to withdraw recognition of adoptions of children by same-sex couples, which was already in a legal grey zone as Renzi failed to have it legally enshrined in his civil unions bill. Some mayors were still recognizing them anyway, but Meloni officially put an end to it a few weeks ago. She tried to justify this obvious act of gratuitous cruelty by fearmongering about surrogacy, which is already illegal in Italy and has nothing to do with this debate anyway. Lovely stuff all around.

I must be out of the loop because all I've heard about in recent times is the CGIL congress, the plans to cut taxes being developed and Bonelli's stunt where he brought rocks from the Adige river bed to Parliament, but thanks. I also thought this was all decided at the court level - did she override the Court of Cassation?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1930 on: March 24, 2023, 06:57:54 AM »

I must be out of the loop because all I've heard about in recent times is the CGIL congress, the plans to cut taxes being developed and Bonelli's stunt where he brought rocks from the Adige river bed to Parliament, but thanks. I also thought this was all decided at the court level - did she override the Court of Cassation?

I'm not sure. It was mostly being done on the initiative of individual municipalities (Milan being the main one) so I'm not sure what the legal framework behind it is. It sounds like Milan is going along with it, though I heard Padova's mayor (huh!) has said he'll continue to go recognize them. If the standoff continues it will surely have to go to court at some point.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #1931 on: March 24, 2023, 07:36:27 AM »

Bonelli's stunt where he brought rocks from the Adige river bed to Parliament

he what
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #1932 on: March 24, 2023, 07:42:23 AM »

he what

You come from the country of MPs bringing lumps of coal to Parliament, are you surprised?
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1933 on: March 24, 2023, 07:55:46 AM »

he what

You come from the country of MPs bringing lumps of coal to Parliament, are you surprised?
Is this on Youtube?
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #1934 on: March 24, 2023, 08:14:50 AM »

he what

Is this on Youtube?

Bonelli or the Australian MPs? I am sure both are, can't be too difficult to find.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #1935 on: April 03, 2023, 01:59:55 PM »

Massimiliano Fedriga has been re-elected president of Friuli-Venezia Giulia by a gigantic margin (though not much bigger than in 2018), a similar story to Lombardy. The Five Star Movement did terribly, polling even worse than in Lombardy, but probably the most significant highlight is that A/IV also had a disastrous result, somewhere around 2.5% being easily beaten by a coalition of cranks and anti-vax activists. It looks like Lega still got a few more votes than FdI inside the Right. Just so boring.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #1936 on: April 04, 2023, 10:06:15 AM »

On a related note, I wasn't even aware of this but Friuli-Venezia Giulia decided to hold the local elections in municipalities which are up this year together with the regionals (unlike the rest of the country where they will be held in late May... this is what being an autonomous region means). The only provincial seat up was Udine, where the Lega incumbent Pietro Fontanini led in the first round 46-40 against a centre-left candidate supported by Azione and Italia Viva but not the M5S. In 2018 Fontanini was elected by a hair in the runoff - in two weeks we will find out if he is able to do it again.
MRCVzla
Venezuela

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1937 on: April 13, 2023, 06:29:42 AM »

The Azione-Italia Viva alliance has imploded... or at least the Calenda' idea of a "single liberal Renew Europe party", Renzi' Italia Viva rejected the idea of dissolve his party into that new subject and Calenda leaked the papers of the internal negotiation denying that in case of merging, both Azione and IV parties remain active. Italian media claims this as a "divorce", for now they still have merged groups at the Parliament and have the will to continue the electoral alliance if the climate of the relationship is restored.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #1938 on: April 13, 2023, 08:12:03 AM »

The Azione-Italia Viva alliance has imploded... or at least the Calenda' idea of a "single liberal Renew Europe party", Renzi' Italia Viva rejected the idea of dissolve his party into that new subject and Calenda leaked the papers of the internal negotiation denying that in case of merging, both Azione and IV parties remain active. Italian media claims this as a "divorce", for now they still have merged groups at the Parliament and have the will to continue the electoral alliance if the climate of the relationship is restored.

I've heard that if they split the parliamentary factions each would become too small to form its own group and both would have to sit in the mixed group and lose a lot of funding, which might be an incentive to stay together even as an alliance of convenience... in any case all I have to say is that I am deeply amused by all this.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #1939 on: April 14, 2023, 02:32:52 PM »

Update: today Calenda tweeted that Renzi tried to scam him and that he runs Italia Viva "like an Oriental absolute monarchy" after it was reported that Renzi had insulted Calenda in private, Renzi said on the radio that trashing the party merger was a unilateral decision of Calenda and that he was very disappointed because it had no political or ideological motivations (Calenda claims the opposite of course), and then Calenda announced Azione and Italia Viva are going to run separately in 2024. Lol, lmao.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #1940 on: April 14, 2023, 03:08:06 PM »

Two bald men screaming 'it'sa my comb!' at each other: fantastic.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #1941 on: April 14, 2023, 03:44:35 PM »

The two biggest pricks in Italian politics discovering the other of them is a prick - marvellous.
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #1942 on: April 14, 2023, 03:44:45 PM »

he what

Is this on Youtube?

Bonelli or the Australian MPs? I am sure both are, can't be too difficult to find.

Mike88
Junior Chimp
Portugal

« Reply #1943 on: April 14, 2023, 04:11:04 PM »

The two biggest pricks in Italian politics discovering the other of them is a prick - marvellous.

Wait, Renzi is bald now?? Cool Wink
xelas81
Rookie
Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas)

« Reply #1944 on: April 14, 2023, 04:27:14 PM »

So Is Renzi more likely to crawl back to center-left coalition than Calenda?
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #1945 on: April 14, 2023, 05:29:00 PM »

Wait, Renzi is bald now?? Cool Wink

Calenda isn't either, but metaphors are cool like that. Though this reminds me both Letta and Zingaretti are pretty balding (and Bersani too), maybe the PD has a strong preference there.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #1946 on: April 14, 2023, 05:31:23 PM »

So Is Renzi more likely to crawl back to center-left coalition than Calenda?

No, if anything you could find rumours about him partnering with Berlusconi (or what will remain of Berlusconi's political faction at any rate) at some point in the future.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #1947 on: April 16, 2023, 05:16:33 AM »

No, if anything you could find rumours about him partnering with Berlusconi (or what will remain of Berlusconi's political faction at any rate) at some point in the future.

I wonder if he thinks he can just take over what's left of that vote when the old creep dies.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #1948 on: April 16, 2023, 07:11:09 AM »

I wonder if he thinks he can just take over what's left of that vote when the old creep dies.

Taking over what's left of the "moderate" vote that was parked with Forza Italia and uniting it with his fanclub under an organization dedicated to dunking on both sides would be the dream scenario for Renzi, surely?
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #1949 on: April 16, 2023, 07:29:55 AM »

Taking over what's left of the "moderate" vote that was parked with Forza Italia and uniting it with his fanclub under an organization dedicated to dunking on both sides would be the dream scenario for Renzi, surely?

Exactly. I expect him to be lurking around a certain Milanese hospital with a pillow and a determined expression.
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies