Encore of Europe: Rules, Sign-up, and General Discussion
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:10:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Encore of Europe: Rules, Sign-up, and General Discussion
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 23
Author Topic: Encore of Europe: Rules, Sign-up, and General Discussion  (Read 41590 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: July 08, 2018, 02:49:04 PM »

There's one thing we need to make it a complete experience: Ernest appearing in a cameo.

RIP William Jennings Bryan, we miss you.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #226 on: July 08, 2018, 09:23:04 PM »

Boy did I fall into a rabbit hole yesterday. A quick attempt to mod some of the nations' colors in Victoria 2 resulted in more of an interest in modding overall (I've tried and failed for other games in the past). I wanted to see how much I could add to Vic2, and thus I needed to greatly change vanilla. Needless to say, before I knew it I had a full blown scenario. All 15 nations played currently (sans China) were the Great and Secondary powers without me having to edit too much.

Tbh, quite interesting. I'll have to keep working on this as a fun side project. Maybe I'll even release it someday. Wink I forgot how enjoyable Victoria 2 can be Tongue

YPestis25

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -6.09

« Reply #227 on: July 08, 2018, 09:47:13 PM »

That looks awesome, Spamage!

Any chance you changed the vanilla Vic2 map, and if so, could we see it?
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #228 on: July 08, 2018, 10:44:38 PM »

That looks awesome, Spamage!

Any chance you changed the vanilla Vic2 map, and if so, could we see it?

I did Smiley

Map modding is reminding me how terrible the HRE borders are (work in progress, lol). Most of the player actions are included. The colonizers own the Americas, Prussia has South Africa, and France controls Northern India. It's actually rather interesting. I included a few years in, where Austria in this playthrough is getting slaughtered by Prussia-Ottomans, but I've seen the War of the Bavarian Succession go either way.

Persia and the Durrani generally seem to go to war as well.

For some bizarre reason the UK always releases New England. I added an event chain to mirror the collapse of the colonial empires so all immigration wouldn't be funneled into Quebec and Louisiana, though I've yet to seen the a.i beat the rebels (I failed as Spain). Tongue

_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #229 on: July 08, 2018, 10:51:37 PM »

>The Cherokee exist

YPestis25

Political Matrix

« Reply #230 on: July 08, 2018, 11:02:14 PM »

Excellent work! Victoria is one of my favorite Paradox games, and if you ever release it officially I'd definitely be interested in playing. It is a shame to see Finland be occupied by the Russians though Tongue. I'd also recommend if you're interested in them, the Vic2 war analyzer, and the Vic2 economy analyzer, they provide some interesting info.

Funnily enough, Encore also inspired me to attempt to reach Scandinavia's rightful borders. Here's Europe about 11 years after the Great War (1915-1917), where 11 million died. It was coincidentally, Scandinavia, Germany, the UK, Italy, the Ottomans, and Nationalist China versus Russia, Austria-Hungary and France. Germany, my long time ally, was sadly dismantled in a separate war with France, which I took advantage of to unite Jutland.

GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #231 on: July 08, 2018, 11:16:27 PM »

Someone really needs to contact HBO to make a series out both this game and the previous one.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #232 on: July 08, 2018, 11:38:58 PM »

Excellent work! Victoria is one of my favorite Paradox games, and if you ever release it officially I'd definitely be interested in playing. It is a shame to see Finland be occupied by the Russians though Tongue. I'd also recommend if you're interested in them, the Vic2 war analyzer, and the Vic2 economy analyzer, they provide some interesting info.

Funnily enough, Encore also inspired me to attempt to reach Scandinavia's rightful borders. Here's Europe about 11 years after the Great War (1915-1917), where 11 million died. It was coincidentally, Scandinavia, Germany, the UK, Italy, the Ottomans, and Nationalist China versus Russia, Austria-Hungary and France. Germany, my long time ally, was sadly dismantled in a separate war with France, which I took advantage of to unite Jutland.

What mod are you using? HPM, PDM, or something else?
YPestis25

Political Matrix

« Reply #233 on: July 08, 2018, 11:45:47 PM »

I'm using the Historical Flavor Mod, which I think is a mod based on HPM. I quite enjoy it, though the progression of the game tends to be a bit railroaded, especially with colonization i.e Britain almost always gets Egypt and East Africa without player intervention, and France gets West Africa. Here's the link if you want to check it out.
https://www.moddb.com/mods/historical-flavour-mod
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #234 on: July 08, 2018, 11:55:45 PM »

Someone really needs to contact HBO to make a series out both this game and the previous one.
I feel like I could make a really good character on our HBO series. “Kingpoleon, the veteran loser and plotter” has a nice ring to it.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #235 on: July 10, 2018, 03:02:15 PM »

Is there a midturn update this week?
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #236 on: July 10, 2018, 09:28:37 PM »

When does the turn end?
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #237 on: July 10, 2018, 09:37:17 PM »

Friday evening.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #238 on: July 10, 2018, 10:08:36 PM »

Yes, it will be posted later tonight. Smiley
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #239 on: July 10, 2018, 10:29:08 PM »

Yes, it will be posted later tonight. Smiley

Cheesy
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #240 on: July 11, 2018, 09:41:21 AM »

OK, let's take bets. Who'll be assassinated/executed next?
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #241 on: July 11, 2018, 10:56:15 AM »

I think I have a good shot of being murdered in the coming years.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #242 on: July 11, 2018, 11:00:30 AM »

Im going with myself I am super unpopular
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #243 on: July 11, 2018, 05:03:08 PM »

On an another note, with the hypothesis that the players are rationale, here is my prediction for the next 30 years:
-There will be a diplomatic revolution: in Central Europe: right now there are 2 big feuds in Central Europe: Prussia vs Austria, and Russia vs the Ottomans and Sweden. With Poland being out of it for now. 2 main things will change the current alliances:
     x Prussia will naturally become the natural ally of Russia as Sweden will be even more powerful with the annexation of Denmark with this personal union stuff.
     x Austria will become more and more wary of Russian  expansion because any revolt in the Balkans would obviously threaten the stability of Austria with all the minorities in Austria that could inspire themselves from the slaves. So the Ottomans would become progressively the natural ally of Austria.

So that means that for the next season of this game in 20-30 years, if the players are rationale, it should be in Central Europe these following coalitions: Austria-Ottomans-Sweden vs Prussia-Russia
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #244 on: July 11, 2018, 05:35:25 PM »

On an another note, with the hypothesis that the players are rationale, here is my prediction for the next 30 years:
-There will be a diplomatic revolution: in Central Europe: right now there are 2 big feuds in Central Europe: Prussia vs Austria, and Russia vs the Ottomans and Sweden. With Poland being out of it for now. 2 main things will change the current alliances:
     x Prussia will naturally become the natural ally of Russia as Sweden will be even more powerful with the annexation of Denmark with this personal union stuff.
     x Austria will become more and more wary of Russian  expansion because any revolt in the Balkans would obviously threaten the stability of Austria with all the minorities in Austria that could inspire themselves from the slaves. So the Ottomans would become progressively the natural ally of Austria.

So that means that for the next season of this game in 20-30 years, if the players are rationale, it should be in Central Europe these following coalitions: Austria-Ottomans-Sweden vs Prussia-Russia

If this plays out, it will make for an interesting third stage of the Concert of Europe series that I'm planning.
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #245 on: July 11, 2018, 07:35:24 PM »

Well damn Charles III is dead. If Spain is open now I'd be willing to play as them.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #246 on: July 11, 2018, 07:38:52 PM »

Well damn Charles III is dead. If Spain is open now I'd be willing to play as them.

Welcome aboard Smiley
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #247 on: July 11, 2018, 08:15:17 PM »

Welcome aboard Smiley
No. Spain is MINE!
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #248 on: July 11, 2018, 08:20:48 PM »
« Edited: July 11, 2018, 08:24:29 PM by X Marks The Spot »

Lol.  Anyway, the way these have always worked (IIRC) is that when someone dies, new players have a chance to join first as the newly open country.  So in this case, you'd probably have to pick a different country, LouisvilleThunder.  Naples and Georgia are open though, I think.  Would either of those interest you?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #249 on: July 11, 2018, 08:30:52 PM »

Isn't the rule that players can continue playing as their country if their monarch died? I could be wrong, but I certainly don't recall old players having to immediately switch.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 23  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies