MN-05: Not a topic about Israel, thank you very much
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 07:26:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MN-05: Not a topic about Israel, thank you very much
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16
Author Topic: MN-05: Not a topic about Israel, thank you very much  (Read 27834 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2018, 04:35:52 PM »

Out of declared candidates I currently would vote for Kelliher.
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2018, 04:59:47 PM »

Keith Ellison’s a great candidate for Minnesota AG, and we’ll be an even better candidate for future statewide office (US Senate or Governor).
JonHawk
JHawk
Rookie

« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2018, 05:15:16 AM »

God awful. Hopefully he won't win.
Jeppe
Bosse
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -4.00

« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2018, 07:39:11 PM »

It looks like Omar might be a strong frontrunner after all. None of her main opponents even have campaign websites set up, but Omar released a list of 12 local state legislators & Minneapolis city councillors who endorsed her bid for Congress.

https://www.ilhanomar.com/endorsements/
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2018, 07:41:13 PM »

It looks like Omar might be a strong frontrunner after all. None of her main opponents even have campaign websites set up, but Omar released a list of 12 local state legislators & Minneapolis city councillors who endorsed her bid for Congress.

Or Ellison gave her advance notice, which is likely. The AG probably gave Ellison advance notice, too. Dominos fall.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2018, 07:47:04 PM »

Or Ellison gave her advance notice, which is likely. The AG probably gave Ellison advance notice, too. Dominos fall.

Yep, probably
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2018, 04:29:13 PM »

Dayton endorsed Omar
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2018, 09:51:24 PM »

So Omar is apparently an anti-Semite

https://mobile.twitter.com/IlhanMN/status/269488770066313216
Ye We Can
Mumph

« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2018, 09:54:53 PM »

I don't know if I'd call that anti-Semitic. It's okay to be mad at Israel in this day and age.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2018, 10:04:54 PM »

I don't know if I'd call that anti-Semitic. It's okay to be mad at Israel in this day and age.

“Israel has hypnotized the world.  May Allah awaken the people and help them see the evil doings of Israel.” 

That tweet reeks of anti-Semitism.  “They’re just criticizing Israel” has become to anti-Semitism what “we’re just honoring our [Confederate] heritage” is to racism.
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2018, 11:04:39 PM »

“Anti-Zionism is the new anti-semitism.”- Emmanuel Macron
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2018, 11:50:19 PM »

I'm strongly supporting Keith Ellison in this election.
Skunk
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -9.48

« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2018, 01:16:37 AM »

That's not anti-Semitic.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2018, 03:55:55 AM »

You mean like how it wouldn’t be homophobic if someone said “The gays have hypnotized America.  May God awaken the people and let them see what homosexuals want to do to our children” Roll Eyes

Let’s be honest, Atlas would be up in arms if this was said about anyone other than Jews (Israel has long been the anti-Semitic left’s code/dog whistle for “teh evulz JEWS”).  Anti-Israel doesn’t always mean anti-Semitic, but for obvious reasons, the two can often overlap.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2018, 04:04:13 AM »

Oh god this is disgusting and scary. It sounds like something a terrorist leader would say, not a serious American politician. She must immediately apologize and rescind these murderous comments. In any case, add her to the list of candidates I'd support Trump over.
sverkol

« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2018, 04:07:53 AM »
« Edited: June 09, 2018, 04:53:24 AM by sverkol »

Criticizing Israel it isn't anti semitism,i hope that this women wins.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2018, 04:22:41 AM »

what a nothingburger.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2018, 08:44:51 AM »

I don't want to hear any of the people defending this criticize Gauland and the like, lol.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2018, 09:35:20 AM »

I would express shock that some people are willing to excuse this vile display of Judenhass, but then, people here also still pretend that Corbyn isn't an anti-semite, so nothing surprises me.

In a just world, Congress would issue a joint statement that they won't seat any of Ilhan Omar, Paul Nehlen, Arthur Jones, or Leslie Cockburn if they win. But this isn't a just world.
Boobs
HCP
« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2018, 09:43:54 AM »

Israel has done enough wrong things that critics of Israel should have enough material to criticize without having to dip down to Protocols-level conspiracy theories about how the evil Jews Israelis control the rest of the world.

If you choose to focus on spreading this kind of grandstanding conspiracy theories instead of critiquing actual actions by the Israeli government — of which there are plenty — you’re not a critic of Israel, you’re an antisemite.

Also, it’s funny how so many people are ready to goysplain anti-semitism to Jews...
Skunk
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -9.48

« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2018, 09:51:42 AM »

You mean like how it wouldn’t be homophobic if someone said “The gays have hypnotized America.  May God awaken the people and let them see what homosexuals want to do to our children” Roll Eyes

Let’s be honest, Atlas would be up in arms if this was said about anyone other than Jews (Israel has long been the anti-Semitic left’s code/dog whistle for “teh evulz JEWS”).  Anti-Israel doesn’t always mean anti-Semitic, but for obvious reasons, the two can often overlap.
Directly attacking marginalized groups like proposed in your strawman argument would be homophobic, just as if Omar calling all Jewish people evil would be anti-Semitic. However, Omar clearly isn't doing that and if you think she is you're obviously reaching.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2018, 10:08:25 AM »

Directly attacking marginalized groups like proposed in your strawman argument would be homophobic, just as if Omar calling all Jewish people evil would be anti-Semitic. However, Omar clearly isn't doing that and if you think she is you're obviously reaching.

I mean, have you ever heard of the term 'dog-whistle'? Because if I've ever seen one, it's right there in this tweet, especially with the world "hypnotized". And calling your god to awaken a people so that they see the "evildoing" (and presumably slaughter the evildoers) brings images of the crusades or of jihad. And btw, this tweet doesn't even make sense- the people of Gaza elected a terrorist organization that promises to slaughter all the Jews in Israel, they don't need any "awakening". Well, they do- they need to wake up to the fact that Hamas is responsible of their terrible humanitarian situation.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2018, 10:10:03 AM »

I tend to feel that you find yourself enquiring whether a remark by a would-be candidate is massively racist or not, that it's a Sign perhaps not to nominate that candidate?
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -0.17

« Reply #48 on: June 09, 2018, 10:25:07 AM »

Here's an article with some other examples!
http://www.tabletmag.com/scroll/263826/as-keith-ellison-leaves-congress-one-likely-replacement-faces-criticism-for-anti-israel-views
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #49 on: June 09, 2018, 10:33:14 AM »

Israel has done enough wrong things that critics of Israel should have enough material to criticize without having to dip down to Protocols-level conspiracy theories about how the evil Jews Israelis control the rest of the world.

If you choose to focus on spreading this kind of grandstanding conspiracy theories instead of critiquing actual actions by the Israeli government — of which there are plenty — you’re not a critic of Israel, you’re an antisemite.

Also, it’s funny how so many people are ready to goysplain anti-semitism to Jews...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies