MN-05: Not a topic about Israel, thank you very much
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 06:49:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MN-05: Not a topic about Israel, thank you very much
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 16
Author Topic: MN-05: Not a topic about Israel, thank you very much  (Read 27667 times)
wjx987
Rookie
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: June 09, 2018, 10:41:33 AM »

The comments are definitely awkward and are in bad taste, but as a Jewish guy myself, I'm not that worried or upset by them.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2018, 11:26:06 AM »

That tweet is pretty bad, but its from 2012. She wasn't even a State House member then. Possibly has changed since just as Ellison isn't the same person he was back when he was a Farrakhan follower. Still an example of why I'm not voting for her in the primary.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #52 on: June 09, 2018, 12:03:25 PM »

That tweet is pretty bad, but its from 2012. She wasn't even a State House member then. Possibly has changed since just as Ellison isn't the same person he was back when he was a Farrakhan follower. Still an example of why I'm not voting for her in the primary.

Yeah, they're from a while back, but they should absolutely be brought up now. If she offers a full apology and repudiation of her past views, she can be considered as a legit candidate, although I won't fault anyone who won't give her a pass. Until then...
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #53 on: June 09, 2018, 01:23:47 PM »

Trouble is she doubled down on her tweet recently:

https://mobile.twitter.com/ilhanmn/status/1002295140172664832
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #54 on: June 09, 2018, 02:56:43 PM »

Well, there you go. Fairly unambiguous. Time for the national party to step in and say they won't endorse or support her if she makes it through the primary. 
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #55 on: June 09, 2018, 04:07:53 PM »

Well, there you go. Fairly unambiguous. Time for the national party to step in and say they won't endorse or support her if she makes it through the primary. 
...and people wonder why American society views Muslims with suspicion at best and outright hostility at worst.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #56 on: June 09, 2018, 04:12:48 PM »

I'm not going to respond to all of the far-leftists defending a blatant antisemite. It doesn't surprise me anymore. The far-left and far-right are made for each other.

Not surpised, either, that Ellison is possibly going to be replaced by someone even worse. Dayton should be ashamed of himself for endorsing this trash
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #57 on: June 09, 2018, 04:51:00 PM »

I'm not going to respond to all of the far-leftists defending a blatant antisemite. It doesn't surprise me anymore. The far-left and far-right are made for each other.

Not surpised, either, that Ellison is possibly going to be replaced by someone even worse. Dayton should be ashamed of himself for endorsing this trash

According to some people, anti-Semitism is only a right-wing phenomenon.

It’s a shame that she’ll win if she receives the nomination. As you said, truly a bad person.
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #58 on: June 09, 2018, 06:17:11 PM »

"That's my 3rd monocle this week, I simply must stop being so horrified."
scutosaurus
United States

« Reply #59 on: June 09, 2018, 07:38:57 PM »

So it looks like Omar is blatantly anti-Semitic. She's hardly even being subtle about it. Is Kelliher the candidate with the best chance of winning the primary?
Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

« Reply #60 on: June 09, 2018, 07:55:51 PM »

So it looks like Omar is blatantly anti-Semitic. She's hardly even being subtle about it. Is Kelliher the candidate with the best chance of winning the primary?

Omar is probably the favorite to win the primary, followed by Kelliher. These are Minneapolis liberals, voting for a Muslim immigrant woman will be to hard to pass up for the SJW types. 
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #61 on: June 09, 2018, 09:44:39 PM »

She also voted against a bill banning female genital mutilation, there needs to be a concerted effort to defeat her.

http://www.startribune.com/minnesota-bill-against-female-mutilation-raises-opposition/423070383/
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #62 on: June 09, 2018, 09:53:48 PM »

henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #63 on: June 09, 2018, 10:10:33 PM »

Dayton seems to be off the rails lately endorsing Murphy, Ellison and now her. I've never seen a leader back such a poor slate of candidates.
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #64 on: June 09, 2018, 10:15:45 PM »

Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #65 on: June 09, 2018, 11:18:01 PM »

She also voted against a bill banning female genital mutilation, there needs to be a concerted effort to defeat her.

http://www.startribune.com/minnesota-bill-against-female-mutilation-raises-opposition/423070383/

Now that's a good reason to oppose her, not the israel tweets.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #66 on: June 09, 2018, 11:26:52 PM »

Now that's a good reason to oppose her, not the israel tweets.

Both her unapologetic anti-semitism and her lack of regard for women's bodily autonomy are excellent reasons to oppose her. I hope they both get a lot of attention prior to the primary.
Sadader
Botswana

« Reply #67 on: June 10, 2018, 03:31:29 AM »

...and people wonder why American society views Muslims with suspicion at best and outright hostility at worst.

holy sh*t are you legitimately using an example of racism to justify further intense racism?Huh??

jesus christ america
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #68 on: June 10, 2018, 04:18:52 AM »

This. Leftists wouldn't be defending it if a Christian called for a crusade against Muslims.
user12345
wifikitten
« Reply #69 on: June 10, 2018, 11:45:00 AM »

I hope literally anyone but her wins the primary then. If she wins the primary and the Republican running against her isn't fully insane, I may have to give them a donation.
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #70 on: June 10, 2018, 01:01:16 PM »

Hopefully she gets demolished in the primary.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #71 on: June 10, 2018, 01:05:38 PM »

Go Bobby Champion.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #72 on: June 10, 2018, 01:41:51 PM »

I don't know if I'd call that anti-Semitic. It's okay to be mad at Israel in this day and age.

“Israel has hypnotized the world.  May Allah awaken the people and help them see the evil doings of Israel.” 

That tweet reeks of anti-Semitism.  “They’re just criticizing Israel” has become to anti-Semitism what “we’re just honoring our [Confederate] heritage” is to racism.

Word. Speaking as someone who loathes Likud and fully supports ending the settlements and reversion to 1967 borders (Jerusalem can be divided or, better yet, internationalized) this $hit is unacceptable.
gerritcole
goatofalltrades

« Reply #73 on: June 10, 2018, 02:10:43 PM »

When did it become acceptable for dog whistle anti semitism to be a political stance? if this was a jewish candidate tweeting about Palestine, posters here wouldn't be calling it a 'nothingburger'
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #74 on: June 10, 2018, 02:59:46 PM »

How has the genital mutilation vote not gotten more buzz on social media? Omar is one of the worst Democratic candidates in many years and needs to be thoroughly defeated.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 16  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies