FIFA World Cup 2018 (Russia) Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 18, 2024, 06:33:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  FIFA World Cup 2018 (Russia) Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 28
Author Topic: FIFA World Cup 2018 (Russia) Thread  (Read 24828 times)
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: June 25, 2018, 02:44:39 PM »

Yellow card for CR7. Finally! 🤗
And Morocco is leading against Spain. 🤪
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #226 on: June 25, 2018, 02:54:40 PM »

Iran have converted a penalty shot against Portugal in the additional time. 🤩
Mike88
Junior Chimp
Portugal

« Reply #227 on: June 25, 2018, 04:47:48 PM »

Uruguay... the last team i wanted Portugal to play with.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #228 on: June 25, 2018, 05:06:16 PM »

Although anything can happen, it's virtually impossible for Iceland to advance. My money is on Argentina coming second in Group D

Poland, number 8 in the world and they couldn't even get a tie against Senegal. That's pathetic. Nice to see them lose to countries they hate politically. 
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #229 on: June 25, 2018, 05:10:19 PM »

It looks like the new Treaty of Tordesillas had Spain and Portugal tie each other, Spain got Iran, and Portugal got Morocco.  An interesting division there. The plan is for them to each conquer half the world, and then meet in Moscow.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #230 on: June 25, 2018, 08:51:31 PM »

Morocco and Saudi Arabia today could play till the cows come home and still they wouldn't score a single goal.
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #231 on: June 25, 2018, 09:51:50 PM »

Morocco and Saudi Arabia today could play till the cows come home and still they wouldn't score a single goal.

Greece didn't even qualify for the World Cup and it's also a third world country, so their citizens can only try and criticize other third world countries to get some sort of high. No one cares.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #232 on: June 26, 2018, 01:26:46 AM »

Greece didn't even qualify for the World Cup and it's also a third world country, so their citizens can only try and criticize other third world countries to get some sort of high. No one cares.

Greece is NOT a Third World Country, by most standards.

I don't know which European Country you possibly could be thinking of...maybe the soon to be formerly named Macedonia?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #233 on: June 26, 2018, 01:27:38 AM »

So only countries that qualified to the WC have the privilege to comment on what happens there?
I've been ten years in this forum and this is easily one of the top five most retarded opinions I have read.  
parochial boy
parochial_boy
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.38, S: -6.78

« Reply #234 on: June 26, 2018, 02:16:16 AM »

So only countries that qualified to the WC have the privilege to comment on what happens there?
I've been ten years in this forum and this is easily one of the top five most retarded opinions I have read.  

Jeez boy, you're gonna have a coronary if you carry on like this. Have you tried not being angry? You might actually enjoy it
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #235 on: June 26, 2018, 06:22:27 AM »

lol
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: -2.61

« Reply #236 on: June 26, 2018, 07:03:16 AM »

Although anything can happen, it's virtually impossible for Iceland to advance. My money is on Argentina coming second in Group D

Poland, number 8 in the world and they couldn't even get a tie against Senegal. That's pathetic. Nice to see them lose to countries they hate politically. 

Senegal has a very decent squad actually. And apparently Poland's squad sucks (seriously, who do they have besides Lewandowski?).
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #237 on: June 26, 2018, 08:36:51 AM »

Senegal has a very decent squad actually. And apparently Poland's squad sucks (seriously, who do they have besides Lewandowski?).

I absolutely agree with you. Senegal and Japan are the biggest surprises in this tournament. Too bad they both play in the same group; I hope both teams will advance to the knockout stage.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #238 on: June 26, 2018, 09:42:56 AM »

Jeez boy, you're gonna have a coronary if you carry on like this. Have you tried not being angry? You might actually enjoy it

Haven't quite been here 10 years, but I can confirm that he has not.
rosin
Rookie
Denmark

« Reply #239 on: June 26, 2018, 10:50:24 AM »

Anyone got a good site they check for updates on who's advanced/most likely to advance?  

I don't know if it is what you're looking for, but you can check 538's 2018 world cup predictions, which at least provides a lot of numbers and is live-updated during the matches

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2018-world-cup-predictions/
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #240 on: June 26, 2018, 10:51:06 AM »

Belgium vs. Tunisia is the 27th match in a row with goals scored.

That breaks the previous record of 26 games in a row with goals set in 1954 in Switzerland.

Seems like your dream has finally come true.
Tirnam
France

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.35

« Reply #241 on: June 26, 2018, 11:01:38 AM »

Hopeless.
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #242 on: June 26, 2018, 11:51:39 AM »

Haven't quite been here 10 years, but I can confirm that he has not.

I don't really remember how he was when he registered (I'm getting old and senile), but yeah, that's my impression too

Regarding the matches, I'm just glad I feel no hope about Argentina advancing to the knockout rounds, so I'm surprisingly calm, I'm going to sleep like a baby tonight Grin
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #243 on: June 26, 2018, 12:01:03 PM »

Well, that explains a lot.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #244 on: June 26, 2018, 12:11:02 PM »

Really hoping Iceland still advance.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #245 on: June 26, 2018, 12:24:02 PM »

Is there any reason why they are now playing 2 games at the same time at 4pm and 8pm ?

It's highly annoying if 2 games are starting at the same time ...

What's wrong with starting the 4 games at 2pm, 4pm, 6pm and 8pm instead ?
parochial boy
parochial_boy
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.38, S: -6.78

« Reply #246 on: June 26, 2018, 12:29:06 PM »

Is there any reason why they are now playing 2 games at the same time at 4pm and 8pm ?

Stops teams from fixing the last game, if you play one before the other then you would know exactly what result to play for in the second one
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #247 on: June 26, 2018, 12:30:41 PM »

Stops teams from fixing the last game, if you play one before the other then you would know exactly what result to play for in the second one

Ah yeah, thx. Didn't think about this. Makes sense.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #248 on: June 26, 2018, 12:32:37 PM »

1) Just want to say that I find Americans (like commentators on FOX) picking up the odd European verbiage for singular team unites (e.g., "England ARE going to advance") absolutely hilarious. Tongue  Not getting into a debate about it (though I stand firmly with the usual American way making more grammatical sense), it just sounds funny when a soccer announcer with a standard American accent does it, LOL.

2) According to the New York Times, Mexico can still be eliminated and Germany and Sweden (the two teams I'm pullin' for because Fox told me to root for my roots!) can still advance if the following happens:

- Germany beats South Korea
- Sweden beats Mexico by at least two goals

Fingers crossed. Smiley
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #249 on: June 26, 2018, 12:42:37 PM »

That's so teams don't know what they need to do to advance...or know if they are eliminated before they enter the match.

In terms of on pitch action so far today, I'm a little surprised France didn't score a goal against Denmark....still think Iceland beats Croatia.

Looking at Tomorrow's games, I'll take Mexico over Sweden (Mexico clinches a spot in the round of sixteen...I'm surprised they haven' already), Germany over South Korea (Germany, as the far superior team, clinches a spot in the round of sixteen), Brazil over Serbia and Switzerland over Costa Rica.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 28  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies