Old School Republican for the People's House!(Running for Re-Election)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:34:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Old School Republican for the People's House!(Running for Re-Election)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Old School Republican for the People's House!(Running for Re-Election)  (Read 2355 times)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 16, 2018, 01:30:56 AM »
« edited: August 15, 2018, 12:55:26 PM by Old School Republican »

I am officially announcing my candidacy to the Atlasian House of Representatives. I am running on this platform

- Having small buisnesses who employ 3 or more people pay taxes at the corporate rate instead of the income rate.

- Oppose all pork barrel and earmark spending of any kind

- Support of Auditing departments which are allocated the most taxpayer money, so we can find out how much taxpayer money is being wasted and use it to cut waste from the departments and spend taxpayer money more efficiently

- Require a cost-benefit analysis by a third party group for any new proposed regulations by the executive branch. If any regulation is deemed to have a larger cost than a benefit, the regulation should not go into effect unless it is approved by Congress.

Endorsements:

Fhtagn
Young Texan
Lechasseur
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2018, 04:05:57 AM »

Good luck. I don't know where I'll preference you but I think you'd be a fine Representative.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2018, 04:27:13 AM »

Good luck. I don't know where I'll preference you but I think you'd be a fine Representative.

Thanks
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2018, 04:47:25 AM »

Endorsed! Smiley
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2018, 06:01:26 AM »

Endorsed
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2018, 06:22:42 AM »

Endorsed, hopefully we'll have the opportunity to work together!
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2018, 12:13:34 PM »

Thanks, North Carolina Yankee, Mr. Reactionary and Fhtagn
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2018, 09:36:11 PM »

surprised i am finding so much common ground with you! endorsed for a good preference Smiley
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2018, 10:52:30 PM »

surprised i am finding so much common ground with you! endorsed for a good preference Smiley

Thanks
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2018, 11:21:35 PM »

Endorsed for 9th preference
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2018, 07:22:25 PM »

Ah, why not. Wink Endorsed for a high preference.
Coastal Elitist
Tea Party Hater
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.71, S: 2.26

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2018, 10:20:52 PM »

Endorsed!
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2018, 10:42:46 PM »

Endorsed!
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2018, 12:33:36 AM »

endorsed
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2018, 03:17:24 AM »

I want to once again thank everyone for your endorsement of this campaign
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2018, 03:57:00 PM »

I'm glad to see a fellow Fremontian running for federal office; however,

He thinks basically all undocumented immigrants are criminals, and every gang member was a normal kid before they got caught up in s**t. Us middle class whites literally cannot comprehend what it feels like to go through the s**t that would drive someone into a gang. You know nothing about these kids lives, yet you judge them as literally inhuman without a second thought.

Because people who join violent gangs are evil , and people shouldn’t show any sympathy to them . 
Do you actually believe all gang members are literally evil and entirely underserving of sympathy, or would you like to clarify this statement?
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2018, 04:46:44 PM »

He thinks basically all undocumented immigrants are criminals, and every gang member was a normal kid before they got caught up in s**t. Us middle class whites literally cannot comprehend what it feels like to go through the s**t that would drive someone into a gang. You know nothing about these kids lives, yet you judge them as literally inhuman without a second thought.

Because people who join violent gangs are evil , and people shouldn’t show any sympathy to them . 
Do you actually believe all gang members are literally evil and entirely underserving of sympathy, or would you like to clarify this statement?

tbf he specified "violent gangs".
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2018, 05:03:18 PM »

In that post I was specifically talking about members of violent gangs like MS-13. The crimes MS-13 commits are very evil and thats why I believe members of that gang are evil.

For gangs which arent nearly as bad , I dont believe everyone who is part of it is evil and I believe many can be rehabilitated and become law-abiding citizens.

Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2018, 05:30:30 PM »

In that post I was specifically talking about members of violent gangs like MS-13. The crimes MS-13 commits are very evil and thats why I believe members of that gang are evil.

For gangs which arent nearly as bad , I dont believe everyone who is part of it is evil and I believe many can be rehabilitated and become law-abiding citizens.
Thank-you; I appreciate the additional nuance to your position. We're in agreement that violence is always evil, especially violence against the weak and defenseless, and I can see the argument that those who commit these acts are also evil. I do not agree that we should not have pity for those who practice evil (to quote the original Poirot, "We must be better than the beasts,"); I'd be happy to discuss this further if you like, but I understand if you don't want to derail your campaign thread with a moral-philosophical discussion.

Good luck with your campaign. Smiley
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2018, 05:31:59 PM »

Thank-you; I appreciate the additional nuance to your position. We're in agreement that violence is always evil, especially violence against the weak and defenseless, and I can see the argument that those who commit these acts are also evil. I do not agree that we should not have pity for those who practice evil (to quote the original Poirot, "We must be better than the beasts,"); I'd be happy to discuss this further if you like, but I understand if you don't want to derail your campaign thread with a moral-philosophical discussion.

Good luck with your campaign. Smiley

Thanks
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2018, 06:06:57 PM »

Endorsed!
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2018, 11:59:52 PM »
« Edited: May 20, 2018, 12:08:37 AM by Old School Republican »

Full Transcript of my interview with Pericles

I want to thank Pericles for giving me the opportunity of being interviewed  .

Interview with House candidate Old School Republican
First of all, I'd like to thank Old School Republican for conducting this interview with me. I've provided the interview below, and invite you to read it.

What drove you to run for House?
One of the things that drove me to run for the house is the fact that I believe the deficit Atlasia currently has is too high and it is the job of the legislature to start to get it under control.

Why do you think you should be elected to the House?
One Reason I believe I should be elected to the house is that I am committed to introducing legislation from day 1 that will help reduce our deficit and reform the regulatory process to make sure that proposed regulations that have more of a cost than benefit do not get implemented.

Atlasia currently has a $904 billion deficit. Do you believe reducing the deficit should be a top priority, and if so what steps would you take to reduce the deficit?
I believe that reducing the deficit should be a top priority because the 904 billion dollar deficit is unsustainable in the long run. Some immediate  steps I would take to reduce the deficit is introducing legislation that
-  Bans all pork barrel and earmark spending of any kind
- Auditing Departments which receive 50 billion dollars or more, so we can find  so we can find out how much taxpayer money is being wasted or spent inefficiently, and then use the audit to cut waste from the departments and spend taxpayer money more efficiently

Fremont has a Senate race with the presidential election. What are your thoughts on the Senate race, and what kind of person should Fremont elect to the Senate?
Currently, I am not yet sure of whom I will endorse for the Fremont Senate Race, as I am still waiting to see if any other candidates enter the race. Currently, I am hoping that more members of the Federalist party jump in the race as I believe they are the ones who are most likely help us fix issues such as the deficit, and regulatory reform.

What would be your top priorities if you are elected to the House?
The top priorities for me is reducing the deficit , regulatory reform, and tax reform. The legislation I would introduce to address these issues is
- Banning All Pork Barrell and Earmark Spending of any kind
- Audits Departments which receive 50 billion dollars or more, so we can find  so we can find out how much taxpayer money is being wasted or spent inefficiently.
- Using that audit to cut wasteful spending or make inefficient spending more efficient
- Requiring a cost-benefit analysis by a third party group for any new proposed regulations by the executive branch. If any regulation is deemed to have a larger cost than a benefit, the regulation should not go into effect unless it is approved by Congress.
- Having small buisnesses who employ 3 or more people pay taxes at the corporate rate instead of the income rate.

I believe these bills will help Atlasia reduce the deficit and grow the economy.

Follow up- What is your reply to concerns that tax reforms would increase the deficit even further?
The Tax Reform Bill I will introduce only applies to small businesses with 3 or more employees , and what it does is it will have  them pay taxes at the corporate rate instead of the income rate . This will make sure that small businesses get tax relief which will help them grow their buisness which in turn will create new jobs thus increase revenue that way . Also I will make sure in my Tax Reform bill to get rid of the carried interest loophole which should make up for any revenue loses due to the small business tax cut .

Game reform has been another important issue. Do you believe the game needs significant reform, and if so what kinds of policies would you support?
Currently, I dont think we need to make major reforms to the game, but I believe we do need to make it easier for people to know what the different party platforms are.

Follow up- Why do you believe that platforms are not visible enough as is, and can you detail in more detail how you'd like to solve this?
Well currently they only give the basic visions of the parties but don’t give the party views on the issues in details . I believe the game should add a new thread which has links to each parties views on the issues in detail .

There are many candidates, including multiple Federalists, running for the House. How do you believe your candidacy in particular can appeal to Federalist voters?
I believe my time in the Coolidge Society shows that I am committed to issues such as cutting wasteful spending, reducing taxes on small businesses, and passing regulatory reform, and committed to the belief that individual and not the federal government is what makes the nation great.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2018, 02:11:59 AM »

Endorsed for a very high preference, Atlasia would be lucky to have you in the house.

Thanks
TPIG
ThatConservativeGuy
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 1.91

« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2018, 08:49:38 PM »

Very happily endorsed!
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend