The Personal Attacks On McCain In The Trumpworld Need To Stop
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 11:50:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The Personal Attacks On McCain In The Trumpworld Need To Stop
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Should One Of Our Aircraft Carriers Under Development Be Named After John McCain?
Yes
No
Undecided
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: The Personal Attacks On McCain In The Trumpworld Need To Stop  (Read 1745 times)
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2018, 05:02:56 PM »

This is getting ridiculous from the Trumpworld. I get attacking his politics and views, and I strongly dislike many of them, and I do take issue and brawl with them, and overall do not like him politically very much at all. But these personal attacks are absolutely barf-inducing, and there is a barrage of them coming from Trump and many jack@sses that are part of his base, several of which just today. No one cares what Trump and many followers of him say about respecting him and military, their actions, impulses, and frequent, very frequent crude comments tell a much different tale. McCain is an American hero, and while not a perfect person, and he has made some big mistakes, and one with pretty bad political views, he is overall a better and more courageous and heroic man and soldier than all of these castrated pencil necks using outhouse talk to falsely and cowardly slander this defender of America combined.

They hide behind their NRA and guns for playing and doing stupid crap and act all tough, but if the time came to be a man and pick up a gun to fight for America and show their worth like McCain (yes, it's figurative, I know McCain was Navy Aviation, but just roll with it), I guarantee most of them would run home and hide. I get that McCain is real tight with the NRA and very pro-gun, but his personal experiences make him different. Utter cowards must cut this out and stop going after some of America's finest and actually do their jobs in a competent fashion for once.

When you people stop personally attacking the president’s family members and staff, maybe a post like this will hold some water.

Mine are not nearly as vulgar as their attacks on THE John McCain, very different! Nice try though fake news!
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2018, 05:06:24 PM »

Obviously disgusting, and it's wishful to expect that it will stop after McCain's death. The people attached to Trump are completely lacking in respect or compassion.

But this is also a case where some perspective helps: This is a U.S. Senator who thought that it was funny to joke about the president's teenage daughter being "ugly."  It took a presidential campaign for him to stop referring to Vietnamese as "gooks." Let's not pretend that failing to treat John McCain as a "hero" is some new low in political respectability.
John McCain makes himself the deciding vote on every piece of legislation. He's an attention whore, corrupt, and he immediately ditched his first wife to marry a wealthy heiress who'd fund his career.

And McCain has no room to be joking about other people's "ugly daughters" for that matter.

Or perhaps he just votes with his morals, integrity, and patriotism in mind rather than voting in line with his party.  He does not stand for or vote for everything I believe in but I admire that he isn’t a blank check to either party—that’s how people in congress should be.

Attention whore? No one who likes Trump should complain about anyone being an attention whore.

Also, no one who supports Trump is allowed to criticize anyone else’s marriage problems.

This.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2018, 06:02:02 PM »

Obviously disgusting, and it's wishful to expect that it will stop after McCain's death. The people attached to Trump are completely lacking in respect or compassion.

But this is also a case where some perspective helps: This is a U.S. Senator who thought that it was funny to joke about the president's teenage daughter being "ugly."  It took a presidential campaign for him to stop referring to Vietnamese as "gooks." Let's not pretend that failing to treat John McCain as a "hero" is some new low in political respectability.
John McCain makes himself the deciding vote on every piece of legislation. He's an attention whore, corrupt, and he immediately ditched his first wife to marry a wealthy heiress who'd fund his career.

And McCain has no room to be joking about other people's "ugly daughters" for that matter.

Or perhaps he just votes with his morals, integrity, and patriotism in mind rather than voting in line with his party.  He does not stand for or vote for everything I believe in but I admire that he isn’t a blank check to either party—that’s how people in congress should be.

Attention whore? No one who likes Trump should complain about anyone being an attention whore.

Also, no one who supports Trump is allowed to criticize anyone else’s marriage problems.

This.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2018, 07:56:09 PM »
« Edited: May 12, 2018, 05:54:01 PM by Progressive Pessimist »

I agree with you Bagel23. It's just more evidence of what tribalistic hypocrites the GOP are. To them any minor criticism of the military, defense spending, jingoism, etc. is an affront to the country and the men and women (but not trans men and women!) who risk their lives for our freedom! But when one of those people, who is a veteran and currently recovering from a medical ordeal, opposes our ridiculous agenda consisting of rationalizing of torture and taking away people's health care; then they should be relentlessly mocked and ridiculed no matter how much it crosses the line. How dare he have principles!?
They did the same thing to John Kerry in 2004, to the Khan family, to Sergeant Johnson's widow, and it will continue indefinitely. They are shameless with how contradictory they are. That's not to say you can't criticize McCain, I don't think there is any circumstance where I would ever vote for him but I would never make light of his medical condition or the horrors he witnessed as a POW.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2018, 10:48:48 PM »

I agree with you Bagel23. It's just more evidence of what tribalistic hypocrites the GOP are. To them any minor criticism of the military, defense spending, jingoism, etc. is an affront to the country and the men and women (but not trans men and women!) who risk their lives for our freedom! But when one of those people, who is a veteran and currently recovering from a medical ordeal, opposes our ridiculous agenda consisting of rationalizing of torture and taking away people's health care; then they should be relentlessly mocked and ridiculed no matter how much it crosses the line. How dare he have principles!?
They did the same thing to Kerry in 2004 and it will continue indefinitely. They are shameless with how contradictory they are. That's not to say you can't criticize McCain, I don't think there is any circumstance where I would ever vote for him but I would never make light of his medical condition or the horrors he witnessed as a POW.

Yeah, trans members of the military and veterans are American heroes just like everybody else, they fully deserve to serve and be appreciated, and anyone who discriminates against them can take a walk (believe it or not, I am changing my views of the trans community after meeting with some real life individuals, as well as finding out a friend of mine is a member of the lgbt+ community, and even then I still believed this).
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2018, 07:58:27 AM »

They did the same thing to Kerry in 2004 and it will continue indefinitely. They are shameless with how contradictory they are. That's not to say you can't criticize McCain, I don't think there is any circumstance where I would ever vote for him but I would never make light of his medical condition or the horrors he witnessed as a POW.

It's shameful and further disqualifies (for me personally) the GOP from any office frankly.  I've said this multiple times on here and to people in real life, I will never vote for a Republican for any office ever again.  I don't care if the Democrat sucks, either I'll vote for them to spite the Republican or I just won't vote at all.  But no Republican will ever again receive my vote for any office.  I credit this to Donald Trump and the morons who are his most stalwart supporters; the ones who defend him no matter what he does; the ones who have no breaking point in which their support might waiver.

McCain is probably the last truly great Republican of any significance in this country.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies