FL-SEN: Scott Pursuit
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 18, 2024, 08:26:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  FL-SEN: Scott Pursuit
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 21
Author Topic: FL-SEN: Scott Pursuit  (Read 47115 times)
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #300 on: August 28, 2018, 01:12:51 PM »
« edited: August 28, 2018, 02:33:30 PM by Zaybay »

Thoughts on Nelson's first tv ad?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TFz7WQJdhM

FYI: Scott has now spent $47M on TV ads with $35M of that on negatives against Nelson. Despite that, the race remains close. Make of that what you will.

Nelson has reserved $18M in TV ads with Senate Majority reserving another $23M.
The key to why the polls are giving a false impression. Nelson has been smartly conserving money for the big sprint, after Labour day. Scott has practically been pelting money at the wall, and its only semi-sticking.

Unfortunately, the same is true for TN, where Bredesen has blown through a lot of money, and Blackburn hasnt.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #301 on: August 28, 2018, 02:31:57 PM »

FYI: Scott has now spent $47M on TV ads with $35M of that on negatives against Nelson. Despite that, the race remains close. Make of that what you will.

Nelson showed a picture of himself as an astronaut?

Likely R -> Safe D

Damn though, young Bill Nelson (in the first pic) was Flawless and Beautiful, yet now he looks like a reanimated corpse. Age is truly a cruel mistress.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #302 on: August 28, 2018, 02:54:04 PM »

After the shooting, Nelson the astronaut will now win by 12+
Use Your Illusion

« Reply #303 on: August 28, 2018, 05:34:13 PM »

Great commercial but not great for a guy being attacked for being the sole proprietor of the red tide and algae crisis as if even our own other Senator in Rubio or Governor in Scott or Agricultural Commissioner in Putnam had nothing to do with it.

It was the ONE Democrat we had and Floridians are gonna eat that sh**t up and in a 100% Republican Florida it would be deemed a terrible event that we must take measures to ensure never happens again
SnowLabrador
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #304 on: August 29, 2018, 04:38:14 AM »

I think Rick Scott will win by 10 points.
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #305 on: August 29, 2018, 05:28:36 AM »

I think Rick Scott will win by 10 points.

LMAO
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #306 on: August 29, 2018, 11:11:19 AM »

Great commercial but not great for a guy being attacked for being the sole proprietor of the red tide and algae crisis as if even our own other Senator in Rubio or Governor in Scott or Agricultural Commissioner in Putnam had nothing to do with it.

It was the ONE Democrat we had and Floridians are gonna eat that sh**t up and in a 100% Republican Florida it would be deemed a terrible event that we must take measures to ensure never happens again

And after you say this, another ad attacking Nelson on the Algae crisis pops up:  Did Nelson seriously leave that hearing?
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #307 on: August 29, 2018, 11:28:03 AM »

And after you say this, another ad attacking Nelson on the Algae crisis pops up:  Did Nelson seriously leave that hearing?

I dont know. But I find it humorous the current governor is trying to pin the blame on an instate ecological disaster on someone else.
Use Your Illusion

« Reply #308 on: August 29, 2018, 11:28:45 AM »

And after you say this, another ad attacking Nelson on the Algae crisis pops up:  Did Nelson seriously leave that hearing?

It's probably contextual. He could've come back and listened to the whole thing and Scott's camp would still say he left. That's a bad look for Nelson

Knowing Rubio, he probably wasn't even there and that was a panel brought in by Nelson to elaborate on the issue and he didn't even need to stay

But I have to see more on it
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #309 on: August 29, 2018, 09:57:10 PM »

Gillum proposes a 40% increase in business taxes.

Senator Nelson do you support Gillum?   Do you support a 40% increase in business taxes?

How will Senator Nelson respond?  I do not see how any answers to these questions will be helpful to his campaign.
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #310 on: August 29, 2018, 10:01:10 PM »

Senator Nelson do you support Gillum?   Do you support a 40% increase in business taxes?

How will Senator Nelson respond?  I do not see how any answers to these questions will be helpful to his campaign.

Gillum pushed Tallahassee to become one of the only cities in Florida to eliminate the local business tax.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #311 on: August 29, 2018, 10:07:32 PM »

as the above poster notes, Ive never heard about this. Im pretty sure he gave an interview about it today saying he wont increase any taxes.

Also, why is this a problem for Nelson? Hes the senator, no one is asking Van Hollen in MD why Jealous wants Single-payer statewide.
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #312 on: August 29, 2018, 10:36:48 PM »

Gillum pushed Tallahassee to become one of the only cities in Florida to eliminate the local business tax.

What does that have to do with the price of tea in China.  Those local taxes were basically $119 for local businesses and $303 for non local.   If you made just $100,000 your taxes will increase by $2,200.  That is just to pay for schools.  How is he going to pay for other programs he is proposing?
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #313 on: August 29, 2018, 10:38:13 PM »

Imagine thinking that the moron voters of this country actually give a damn about this kind of stuff. Let's just take a look at how knowledgeable the average American voter is:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Nobody cares about some mythical 40% tax rate. All that matters is who activates the most social identities to the polls in November.
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #314 on: August 29, 2018, 11:06:53 PM »

What does that have to do with the price of tea in China.  Those local taxes were basically $119 for local businesses and $303 for non local.   If you made just $100,000 your taxes will increase by $2,200.  That is just to pay for schools.  How is he going to pay for other programs he is proposing?

And your point? Hillsborough County (Tampa) has 30+ schools with broken air conditioners that they can’t sfford to fix. Kids are sitting in 80+ degree classrooms because the legislature hasn’t funded capital improvements for schools enough. Increasing education funding is a winning issue and increasing our budget by just over 1% ($1B) to do that is well worth it.
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #315 on: August 30, 2018, 11:49:36 AM »

Why should I, the ideal American, give money to people who aren't me? Libertarianism forever. Ron Paul 2020.
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #316 on: August 30, 2018, 12:24:03 PM »

Latest PPP poll: NELSON +1

Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #317 on: August 30, 2018, 12:26:16 PM »

And, again, this is before Nelson starts spending money. tilt/lean D.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #318 on: August 30, 2018, 12:56:23 PM »

wesmoorenerd
westroopnerd
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -7.13

« Reply #319 on: August 30, 2018, 01:21:37 PM »

Orser67
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #320 on: August 30, 2018, 03:29:31 PM »

I'm sure no one else cares, and obviously it's just one poll, but I feel a little vindicated for keeping Nelson at Lean D.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #321 on: August 30, 2018, 03:34:09 PM »

I'm sure no one else cares, and obviously it's just one poll, but I feel a little vindicated for keeping Nelson at Lean D.

Right with you.  I had been thinking about moving it to Tossup, but with this and Gillum's win (which I expect to help Nelson) I'm glad I stayed at Lean D.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #322 on: August 30, 2018, 03:37:09 PM »

Congrats. He now leads in 2 out of the last 8 polls. "Lean D"
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #323 on: August 30, 2018, 04:09:17 PM »

Trash polls like St. “Clinton+13 in late October FL” Leo and FAU with tons of undecided voters should not be taken seriously.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #324 on: August 30, 2018, 04:14:03 PM »

He actually leads 3 of the last 8 polls, but I wouldnt count St. Leo, the FL chamber of Commerce, or the Florida Atlantic University, all of which are renown bad pollsters. Gravis should also be thrown out, cause Gravis.

We have only actually gotten 4 good polls of this race, 2 with Nelson leading and 2 with Scott leading. But since Scott hasnt escaped the margin of error, or gotten past 2%, even with the crappy polls counted, Nelson spending his own money should make the race Lean D.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 21  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies