FL-SEN: Scott Pursuit
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 01:48:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  FL-SEN: Scott Pursuit
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 21
Author Topic: FL-SEN: Scott Pursuit  (Read 47217 times)
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #275 on: August 26, 2018, 03:12:33 PM »

Dude too soon
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #276 on: August 26, 2018, 04:01:25 PM »

Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #277 on: August 26, 2018, 04:34:46 PM »

Nelson is starting to pickup his hispanic outreach a bit appearing more on local tv, good. Nelson is about to get serious about campaigning soon (hopefully). Labor day is like just over a week away and he has been saving all his money for a final push. Nice to see his website now has an easy to use Spanish version as well, and a lot more of his outreach and communication involves Spanish now, so he has modernized his campaign a bit.

The next thing I would like to see from Nelson is a substantial amount of his final push cash dedicated to ads on local Spanish radio channels.
kyc0705

« Reply #278 on: August 26, 2018, 05:47:34 PM »

This story isn't going to be in the news in two and a half weeks, much less two and a half months.
wesmoorenerd
westroopnerd
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -7.13

« Reply #279 on: August 26, 2018, 05:49:02 PM »

Nelson is starting to pickup his hispanic outreach a bit appearing more on local tv, good. Nelson is about to get serious about campaigning soon (hopefully). Labor day is like just over a week away and he has been saving all his money for a final push. Nice to see his website now has an easy to use Spanish version as well, and a lot more of his outreach and communication involves Spanish now, so he has modernized his campaign a bit.

The next thing I would like to see from Nelson is a substantial amount of his final push cash dedicated to ads on local Spanish radio channels.

Translation (assuming my rusty Spanish is accurate): For me public service is gaining public confidence. I am grateful for the confidence that the people of Florida have given me, they are and always will be my priority.

Decent messaging, and it's good to see Nelson bring out that oh-so-necessary Hispanic outreach.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #280 on: August 26, 2018, 05:55:29 PM »

Translation (assuming my rusty Spanish is accurate): For me public service is gaining public confidence. I am grateful for the confidence that the people of Florida have given me, they are and always will be my priority.

Decent messaging, and it's good to see Nelson bring out that oh-so-necessary Hispanic outreach.

Yeah, hopefully he can reintroduce the negatives of Scott to the Floridian electorate once labor day is over, oh and reintroduce himself lol.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #281 on: August 26, 2018, 05:58:17 PM »

That translation seems accurate to me (though I'm not a native Spanish speaker), though I hope people realize that "Latino outreach" is more than just speaking Spanish.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #282 on: August 26, 2018, 06:05:11 PM »

That translation seems accurate to me (though I'm not a native Spanish speaker), though I hope people realize that "Latino outreach" is more than just speaking Spanish.

Indeed, but is a reassuring improvement for us Nelson fans, and a definite good start.
Use Your Illusion

« Reply #283 on: August 26, 2018, 08:04:11 PM »

And suddenly, Illusion's blood pressure started to drop back to normal levels. For the love of God Bill, fight back and fight hard. Just don't forget about the Bay Area...
Former Kentuckian
Cal

« Reply #284 on: August 27, 2018, 12:55:29 PM »

Politico is out with a new article about fears that Nelson is "choking" in his fight with Scott: https://www.politico.com/story/2018/08/27/bill-nelson-florida-senate-democrats-rick-scott-795695
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #285 on: August 27, 2018, 01:10:01 PM »

D E M S I N D I S A R R A Y
kyc0705

« Reply #286 on: August 27, 2018, 01:14:30 PM »
« Edited: August 27, 2018, 01:19:29 PM by kyc0705 »

I don't think "siempre" has an accent at the end. That doesn't look right.

I hope people realize that "Latino outreach" is more than just speaking Spanish.

Very much this.
kyc0705

« Reply #287 on: August 27, 2018, 04:56:33 PM »

It was reported today by the Tampa Bay Times that up to $62 million of Rick Scott's wealth may be stored in Cayman Islands-registered hedge funds:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

(Source)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #288 on: August 27, 2018, 04:57:39 PM »

^If they didn't care about his $1.7 billion in Medicare fraud, they won't care about this.
kyc0705

« Reply #289 on: August 27, 2018, 05:00:28 PM »

^If they didn't care about his $1.7 billion in Medicare fraud, they won't care about this.

Probably not, but I just wanted to make sure we had new stuff to add to our personal "Rick Scott is trash" files.
UncleSam

« Reply #290 on: August 27, 2018, 05:02:09 PM »

Sorry what’s wrong with storing some of your fortune in the Cayman Islands? I must have missed the memo on why fiduciary responsibility was bad
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #291 on: August 27, 2018, 05:03:13 PM »

Sorry what’s wrong with storing some of your fortune in the Cayman Islands? I must have missed the memo on why fiduciary responsibility was bad

Is his income from those funds taxable in the U.S.?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #292 on: August 27, 2018, 05:13:46 PM »

Probably not, but I just wanted to make sure we had new stuff to add to our personal "Rick Scott is trash" files.

That file cabinet has long been stuffed to the brim for me, lol.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #293 on: August 27, 2018, 05:43:23 PM »

Rick Scott sounds like the perfect working class hero that economically anxious Americans need, so clearly he understands what these people are going through. Smiley
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #294 on: August 27, 2018, 06:52:08 PM »

not really a good barometer for this race to watch tomorrow, but Gillum winning will help Nelson's chances significantly. Graham probably hurts him a bit, not really enough to be meaningful, Levine is the neutral outcome.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #295 on: August 27, 2018, 07:21:21 PM »

I consider Scott a very small fave at this point.  I base this solely on Scott's stronger, more authoritative image, coupled with the welcoming, reassuring, optimistic tone he is able to project.

That's a lot of puffery, and he'll need it all when they start showing the deposition videos of Scott taking the Fifth Amendment.
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #296 on: August 27, 2018, 08:07:50 PM »

not really a good barometer for this race to watch tomorrow, but Gillum winning will help Nelson's chances significantly. Graham probably hurts him a bit, not really enough to be meaningful, Levine is the neutral outcome.

Why does Graham hurt?
BBD
Big Bad Don

« Reply #297 on: August 27, 2018, 08:25:50 PM »

Wasn't Gillum subject to a criminal investigation? Or was that a nothingburger?
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #298 on: August 27, 2018, 08:36:43 PM »

Why does Graham hurt?

Gillum focuses on turning out D base voters who may not otherwise vote (and who will vote for Nelson), Graham focuses on flipping high-turnout voters who will turn out regardless and who may still vote for Scott.

Wasn't Gillum subject to a criminal investigation? Or was that a nothingburger?

Hasn't amounted to anything yet, doubtful that it will — it seems focused on local lobbyist Adam Corey and city commissioner Scott Maddox. Gillum had been swept up in it b/c he was Mayor at the time, but doesn't appear to be the subject of the investigation.
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #299 on: August 28, 2018, 12:00:59 PM »
« Edited: August 28, 2018, 12:06:25 PM by ajc0918 »

Thoughts on Nelson's first tv ad?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TFz7WQJdhM

FYI: Scott has now spent $47M on TV ads with $35M of that on negatives against Nelson. Despite that, the race remains close. Make of that what you will.

Nelson has reserved $18M in TV ads with Senate Majority reserving another $23M.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 21  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies