Hillary Clinton: "I won in places that are dynamic, moving forward."
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 04:33:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Hillary Clinton: "I won in places that are dynamic, moving forward."
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: Hillary Clinton: "I won in places that are dynamic, moving forward."  (Read 8960 times)
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2018, 11:32:20 AM »

Cue everyone being offended by Clinton acknowledging the reality while continuing to give everyone who uses "coastal elites" a pass as millions of average Californians, New Yorkers, etc... get written off.  Her acknowledging the situation doesn't mean she views those people as lesser; talking about the racial motivations that Trump exploited for his path to victory is something that needs to be spoken about candidly rather than swept under the rug of 'economic anxiety'.

What about the racial motivations of people who voted for Clinton? Clinton supporters openly say their goal is to make the country less white. Nancy Pelosi was crying on the house floor talking about how beautiful it was.

Taking systematic advantages whites/males/etc... have and systematic disadvantages minorities/females/etc... have out of the equation is not 'trying to make the country less white'.  Celebrating our diversity and the strength our country has with the many unique cultural backgrounds its citizens possess is not a bad thing.  Bridging the gap of opportunity between whites/miniorites/males/females/etc... is a good thing.  Further pushing down minorities/females/etc... so whites/males/etc... can enjoy advantages at their expense is not.

True. But tell me how diversity can be good in places like Brentwood, LI, where MS-13 is wrecking havoc.

Yes, giving minorities EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES , not equal outcomes with white people's money is good.

Unchecked open borders is not.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2018, 11:36:15 AM »

Hillary should speak her mind, but this is one of the reasons why she lost.

If Clinton runs again in 2020, she may get less than 30% of the white vote unless Trump implodes by now and 2020.

NAFTA policies harmed the Midwest and the South in a sense.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2018, 11:58:42 AM »

The places she doesn't consider "forward and dynamic" used to be until her husband's disastrous trade policies.

The slow death of rural America began in the 90s
The death of rural America began in the 20s with relapses in the 30s and 70s...but the 80s were particularly bad...that the modest decline in the 90s didn’t seem so bad...but now with baby boomers retiring, rural America is facing an abyss.
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #53 on: March 13, 2018, 01:53:52 PM »

Of course this is why she lost, but she's not wrong.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #54 on: March 13, 2018, 01:59:47 PM »

LMAO so Vermont, New Mexico, New Jersey, Rhode Island, and Illinois  are more dynamic and economically prosperous than Texas, Georgia, Florida, and North Carolina lmao.

junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #55 on: March 13, 2018, 02:03:50 PM »

The places she doesn't consider "forward and dynamic" used to be until her husband's disastrous trade policies.

The slow death of rural America began in the 90s
The death of rural America began in the 20s with relapses in the 30s and 70s...but the 80s were particularly bad...that the modest decline in the 90s didn’t seem so bad...but now with baby boomers retiring, rural America is facing an abyss.

I think at the end of the day, two conclusions are crystal clear: rural America is dying & Hillary Clinton is a disgusting loser who lost twice, gave us Trump, and hollowed out the Democratic Party to it's worst level since 1928 and refuses to take responsibility for it (her, along with Obama and the losers who lead the party)
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #56 on: March 13, 2018, 02:07:05 PM »

Cue everyone being offended by Clinton acknowledging the reality while continuing to give everyone who uses "coastal elites" a pass as millions of average Californians, New Yorkers, etc... get written off.  Her acknowledging the situation doesn't mean she views those people as lesser; talking about the racial motivations that Trump exploited for his path to victory is something that needs to be spoken about candidly rather than swept under the rug of 'economic anxiety'.

What about the racial motivations of people who voted for Clinton? Clinton supporters openly say their goal is to make the country less white. Nancy Pelosi was crying on the house floor talking about how beautiful it was.

Taking systematic advantages whites/males/etc... have and systematic disadvantages minorities/females/etc... have out of the equation is not 'trying to make the country less white'.  Celebrating our diversity and the strength our country has with the many unique cultural backgrounds its citizens possess is not a bad thing.  Bridging the gap of opportunity between whites/miniorites/males/females/etc... is a good thing.  Further pushing down minorities/females/etc... so whites/males/etc... can enjoy advantages at their expense is not.

I'm not talking about equalizing standards between people who are already here. I'm talking about bringing in new people to make the country less white. This is an explicit policy of the Democrats.

Why is it wrong for the Republicans to "play to racial anxieties" by opposing immigration or supporting skills based immigration but it's okay for the Democrats to play to racial resentment by purposely trying to change the country's racial make up?

Can you honestly not comprehend the fact that we find diversity a good thing in of itself? Stop protecting your racism on to us. Not everything's about some conspiratorial destruction of the "white race".
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #57 on: March 13, 2018, 02:10:37 PM »

She's right, but it's an idiotic and unconstructive point to make regardless. She's free to speak her mind but she's not accomplishing anything when she makes comments like this.

LMAO so Vermont, New Mexico, New Jersey, Rhode Island, and Illinois  are more dynamic and economically prosperous than Texas, Georgia, Florida, and North Carolina lmao.

You're being deliberately dense here. It's pretty obvious what she meant.
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #58 on: March 13, 2018, 02:15:44 PM »

She's right, but it's an idiotic and unconstructive point to make regardless. She's free to speak her mind but she's not accomplishing anything when she makes comments like this.

There's plenty of innovation in Trump country, though. In Alabama, some areas have come up with a smart, eco-friendly replacement for toilets that they've dubbed "open-air sewage pits".
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #59 on: March 13, 2018, 02:52:01 PM »

I'm not talking about equalizing standards between people who are already here. I'm talking about bringing in new people to make the country less white. This is an explicit policy of the Democrats.

Why is it wrong for the Republicans to "play to racial anxieties" by opposing immigration or supporting skills based immigration but it's okay for the Democrats to play to racial resentment by purposely trying to change the country's racial make up?

Can you honestly not comprehend the fact that we find diversity a good thing in of itself? Stop protecting your racism on to us. Not everything's about some conspiratorial destruction of the "white race".

On some level it is hard to comprehend. If you think all people are the same, why is having 60% white people better than having 90% white people? If race doesn't matter, then it shouldn't make a difference.

Why is it socially acceptable to want less white people but not socially acceptable to want more white people or even just the same amount of white people? Either race matters or it doesn't.

It seems like if you think less white people is inherently good, then race really does matter to you.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #60 on: March 13, 2018, 02:54:14 PM »

Why are you so terrified of non-white people?

I'm less terrified of non-white people than you are of white people. I don't mind if Mexicans are a majority of the people in Mexico. Lots of pro-immigration people are very bothered by the fact that whites are a majority in any country.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #61 on: March 13, 2018, 02:55:08 PM »

They know race matters to them.  Hell, it's like the second or third most important thing in the world to them.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #62 on: March 13, 2018, 02:58:12 PM »

There's plenty of innovation in Trump country, though. In Alabama, some areas have come up with a smart, eco-friendly replacement for toilets that they've dubbed "open-air sewage pits".

I can just about guarantee that Hillary won a majority of said innovators in Alabama.
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #63 on: March 13, 2018, 03:01:07 PM »

LMAO so Vermont, New Mexico, New Jersey, Rhode Island, and Illinois  are more dynamic and economically prosperous than Texas, Georgia, Florida, and North Carolina lmao.

I can just about guarantee that Hillary won a majority of said innovators in Alabama.

Yeah, poverty is concentrated in the Black Belt, but at least they voted for someone who cared.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #64 on: March 13, 2018, 03:05:38 PM »

Karma is going to get her - I fully expect that she'll be a drooling invalid by the end of the decade. There's a reason I call her the Secretary of Strokes.

Another day in Atlas forum, another individual whose death or illness Sanchez wishes.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #65 on: March 13, 2018, 03:14:11 PM »

On some level it is hard to comprehend. If you think all people are the same, why is having 60% white people better than having 90% white people? If race doesn't matter, then it shouldn't make a difference.

Why is it socially acceptable to want less white people but not socially acceptable to want more white people or even just the same amount of white people? Either race matters or it doesn't.

It seems like if you think less white people is inherently good, then race really does matter to you.
It's hard to verbalize, but it's definitely different than whatever reasons you have for your racist ramblings. It's part of a general appreciation for difference, a desire for difference, to see all sorts of cool people living together. We have a problem with preventing people from being welcome because of their skin. And seeing whiteness lose it's hold on our society is kind of a good thing.

Plus, the country becoming less diverse would imply atrocities. There is no equivalence between wanting to welcome people and see the dominance of white ego centrism fall and wanting to deport (at best) people for not being white.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #66 on: March 13, 2018, 03:18:18 PM »

It's hard to verbalize, but it's definitely different than whatever reasons you have for your racist ramblings. It's part of a general appreciation for difference, a desire for difference, to see all sorts of cool people living together. We have a problem with preventing people from being welcome because of their skin. And seeing whiteness lose it's hold on our society is kind of a good thing.

Plus, the country becoming less diverse would imply atrocities. There is no equivalence between wanting to welcome people and see the dominance of white ego centrism fall and wanting to deport (at best) people for not being white.

No one (of any power) is advocating deporting people for not being white. Legally the reason people are being deported is because they are not citizens, they are from somewhere else. I would concede that people would not be as anxious to deport these illegal residents if they were contributing greatly to the economy as leftists often claim. That's not the case though. They and the children they have are a drain on the economy and a burden on taxpayers and that's why people want them gone.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #67 on: March 13, 2018, 03:23:49 PM »

Why would an immigration moratorium imply atrocity? That's crazy. Is Japan committing atrocities daily?
James Monroe

« Reply #68 on: March 13, 2018, 03:30:20 PM »

Karma is going to get her - I fully expect that she'll be a drooling invalid by the end of the decade. There's a reason I call her the Secretary of Strokes.

Another day in Atlas forum, another individual whose death or illness Sanchez wishes.

Especially to a strong women like Hillary Clinton. I swear what's everyone obsession with despising a politician to the point you wish to inflict death?
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #69 on: March 13, 2018, 03:32:17 PM »

Is that why she choose to skip Wisconsin, not being dynamic enough?
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #70 on: March 13, 2018, 03:40:32 PM »
« Edited: March 13, 2018, 04:44:50 PM by TexasGurl »

I'm less terrified of non-white people than you are of white people. I don't mind if Mexicans are a majority of the people in Mexico. Lots of pro-immigration people are very bothered by the fact that whites are a majority in any country.

[img width=760 height=427]

I mainly stay on this board to keep abreast of liberal discourse. The more I do though, the more I realize that it doesn't exist. The entire leftist worldview is summed by sassy gifs and calling people "literal human garbage".
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #71 on: March 13, 2018, 03:51:50 PM »

Especially to a strong women like Hillary Clinton. I swear what's everyone obsession with despising a politician to the point you wish to inflict death?

In Sanchez's case it's simply lack of human decency.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #72 on: March 13, 2018, 03:56:55 PM »

I mainly stay on this board to keep abreast of liberal discourse. The more I do though, the more I realize that it doesn't exist. The entire leftist worldview is summed by sassy gifs and calling people "literal human garbage".

Gather around everyone, I have a story to tell y'all.

There once was a young bright kid named Morty. Morty was a nice young kid who was just a little shorty. One day, he found a fair-skinned maiden with bright blonde hair and blue eyes just like the Ocean. So he hatched up a plan and went on about his motion.

So he asked this Sally out for a delicious brunch. And his face got bright and red and blushed. But to his dismay Sally said, "lets just be friends". So little young Morty nodded and thought "this won't be the end".

Weeks went by and Morty and the girl got close. He thought to himself "oh she isn't like those hoes!".

Until one late night.

The girl had texted Morty to pick her up. So Morty pulled up in quite a nice tux. To his dismay, an individual dark as night slapped slapped on the ass and gave her a big kiss. Now Morty was seething in rage and really really pissed! So Morty dumped Sally on the sidewalk. Then Morty drove home and bawled his eyes off.

Now to this day, the little Morty takes care of his little cute piggers. But he gets scared and angry whenever he sees a n-----.

dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #73 on: March 13, 2018, 04:00:56 PM »

Is that why she choose to skip Wisconsin, not being dynamic enough?
I laughed
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #74 on: March 13, 2018, 04:01:14 PM »

Why would an immigration moratorium imply atrocity? That's crazy. Is Japan committing atrocities daily?

America is a much greater country than Japan
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies