Swann 2012
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 09:28:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Swann 2012
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Swann 2012  (Read 2497 times)
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 15, 2005, 08:23:49 PM »

ESPN.com - NFL - Garber: New arena

Swann is a rare creature, indeed. The son of Democrats is an African-American Republican, something once thought to be an oxymoron. His potential ability to excite both suburban conservatives and urban African-Americans intrigues national GOP operatives. A year from November, Swann arguably could be the nation's highest ranking elected Republican African-American -- Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice was, of course, selected by President George Bush. From that platform, it would not be inconceivable to imagine a run at the presidency in 2012.

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2005, 08:31:31 PM »

Let's focus on 2006 right now.
Ben Meyers
BenMeyers
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 5.74

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2005, 08:38:28 PM »

It's a nice thought, and very possible. Smiley
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -2.87

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2005, 08:45:44 PM »

Actually it should go something like this:

Ed Rendell: 2002-2010
John Pippy: 2010-2018
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2005, 08:47:08 PM »

Actually it should go something like this:

Ed Rendell: 2002-2010
John Pippy: 2010-2018

It would be sad that Rendell would be re-elected but a Governor Pippy wouldn't be bad.
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 1.84, S: -8.09

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2005, 08:48:05 PM »

LOL

ESPN should keep to reporting the same news in sports over and over again 24/7. They really have made fools of themselves.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2005, 08:56:02 PM »

LOL

ESPN should keep to reporting the same news in sports over and over again 24/7. They really have made fools of themselves.

Kind of like how Rendell does Post Game Live on Comcast Sports Net after every Eagles game?
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2005, 09:11:36 PM »

LOL

Kind of like how Rendell does Post Game Live on Comcast Sports Net after every Eagles game?
LOL

What the hell does that have to do with anything? I'm making fun of ESPN because they act like Swann will win, and would win re-election in 2010, and become president in 2012.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2005, 09:28:21 PM »

LOL

LOL

What the hell does that have to do with anything? I'm making fun of ESPN because they act like Swann will win, and would win re-election in 2010, and become president in 2012.

You mock Swann's connection to sports all the time.

The idiots on Comcast think Rendell will be re-elected in 2006 and become President in 2008.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2005, 09:54:26 PM »

I have officially decided to back Team 88.
nini2287
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 2.77, S: -3.39

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2005, 10:03:41 PM »

Why do people keep endorsing Swann as he's only given very little insight into his platform?
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2005, 10:08:54 PM »

Why do people keep endorsing Swann as he's only given very little insight into his platform?

He has not laid down specifics, but he has said that he is basically a Ridge Republican, except more pro-life, I think.
nini2287
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2005, 10:12:55 PM »

He has not laid down specifics, but he has said that he is basically a Ridge Republican, except more pro-life, I think.

I'm going to save my endorsement until we learn more about his campaign.
danwxman

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2005, 10:35:48 PM »

According to his website, he seems further to the right then Ridge.
nini2287
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2005, 10:36:48 PM »

I was reading his site the other day, it wasn't too informative.
danwxman

« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2005, 10:44:15 PM »

He seems ultra pro-life, family and anti-gay marriage. Yuck.
nini2287
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2005, 10:47:32 PM »

I didn't really see anything on gay marriage.  I support his stands on abortion and business tax but I don't like his education plan.  Other than that I have no idea what he stands for.
danwxman

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2005, 10:49:07 PM »

I didn't really see anything on gay marriage.  I support his stands on abortion and business tax but I don't like his education plan.  Other than that I have no idea what he stands for.

Looks to me like if RVW is overturned he wants to ban abortion in Pennsylvania.
nini2287
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2005, 10:51:48 PM »

Looks to me like if RVW is overturned he wants to ban abortion in Pennsylvania.

Yeah he seems ardently pro-life.  That seems to be the focus of his campaign.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2005, 11:25:07 AM »

Well I'm completely backing Swann for Governor. I think he's the Republican's best shot at getting rid of Rendell and that's the reason I'm supporting him even though I do not know many of his positions.

Plus he'd get such a high percentage of the vote in Western PA it would be crazy. C'mon who would vote against a former Steeler in Western PA. Wink
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2005, 11:38:08 AM »

Well I'm completely backing Swann for Governor. I think he's the Republican's best shot at getting rid of Rendell and that's the reason I'm supporting him even though I do not know many of his positions.

Plus he'd get such a high percentage of the vote in Western PA it would be crazy. C'mon who would vote against a former Steeler in Western PA. Wink

Awesome! I think our whole PA delegation on the forum is unified behind Swann! Well...actually...I'm still wondering about J.J.
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -2.87

« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2005, 11:43:44 AM »

Awesome! I think our whole PA delegation on the forum is unified behind Swann! Well...actually...I'm still wondering about J.J.

Ummm, I'm not.  I still like Rendell.  Sorry, but I would vote against a former Steeler (if I could vote).  My mom however, the woman who never voted for a Republican for President, plans on voting for Swann, because he's a "smart person and was a Steeler".  I've been trying to convince her otherwise though.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2005, 11:45:15 AM »

Ummm, I'm not.  I still like Rendell.  Sorry, but I would vote against a former Steeler (if I could vote).  My mom however, the woman who never voted for a Republican for President, plans on voting for Swann, because he's a "smart person and was a Steeler".  I've been trying to convince her otherwise though.

Well...you don't count!  Tongue

I seriously think you'll change your ways though. We'll work on you.  Smiley
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2005, 11:55:39 AM »

Everyone exposed to Rendell dislikes him, well except for Flyers, but I have a feeling he'd vote Democrat no matter the candidate or election.
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2005, 11:57:24 AM »

I'm not, but if you're talking about Republicans, JJ seems like a Scranton type of guy, and Darth Kosh seems like a Piccola man. Tongue
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies