Trump approval ratings thread 1.3
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 04:48:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump approval ratings thread 1.3
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 ... 79
Author Topic: Trump approval ratings thread 1.3  (Read 181414 times)
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1400 on: June 18, 2018, 01:11:11 PM »

The economy is doing terrible now anyway.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #1401 on: June 18, 2018, 01:14:38 PM »

How anyone can conclude when all new income is going to the top 99%, the economy is doing well is beyond me.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #1402 on: June 18, 2018, 01:17:05 PM »

I think some of its is the strong economy and some of it is the two North Korea bumps back to back. With Gallup, I guess we have to wait another god damn week.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #1403 on: June 18, 2018, 01:23:25 PM »

Nate Silver is saying we should wait till next week to see if there is any effect from the recent immigration stories.

https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/1008775812370362369
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #1404 on: June 18, 2018, 01:24:31 PM »

Make no mistake, the economy was a lot better back in 2009 - when The Media suddenly started complaining about how horrible it was.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1405 on: June 18, 2018, 01:32:03 PM »

You guys are living on the same BS mountain Jon Stewart used to talk about regarding tea partiers. They saw destruction, marxism, dictatorship, etc wherever they looked....because their hatred of Obama put a veil over their eyes.

You let your red hot disgust and hatred towards trump cloud a bit of your vision as well.  You see a nation on fire, death in the streets, chaos galore, because it is literally impossible for you rationalize that maybe it isn't so bad after all.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1406 on: June 18, 2018, 01:38:07 PM »

You guys are living on the same BS mountain Jon Stewart used to talk about regarding tea partiers. They saw destruction, marxism, dictatorship, etc wherever they looked....because their hatred of Obama put a veil over their eyes.

You let your red hot disgust and hatred towards trump cloud a bit of your vision as well.  You see a nation on fire, death in the streets, chaos galore, because it is literally impossible for you rationalize that maybe it isn't so bad after all.

The flip side is also true: because some things are going well, the red hot loyalty and devotion of Trump's supporters make them see an America under Trump that is absolutely perfect, because it's literally impossible for them to rationalize that there are still real problems with this country, and severe flaws with this administration. 

Both extreme views are incorrect.

BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #1407 on: June 18, 2018, 01:41:44 PM »

I see a terribly mediocre president with improving approval ratings. Dont read too much into it.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #1408 on: June 18, 2018, 01:42:21 PM »

How anyone can conclude when all new income is going to the top 99%, the economy is doing well is beyond me.

BUT MUH NASDAQ
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #1409 on: June 18, 2018, 01:45:37 PM »

Or maybe it is (and that's part of the reason we elected Trump in the first place)? The middle class is disappearing, trust in our institutions is on a decline, our media is controlled by a handful of billionaire dollar corporations, we have a criminal justice system that targets minorities, we have a president who is no dumber than a kindergartner, and we have an administration who instead focusing on deporting criminal illegals, is chosen to spend more of its time and energy breaking up families. I may not agree with my party on the rhetoric used against Trump (I have no idea why they've been more hawkish than Trump on NK, for instance, and I don't like this "oh, our status as the leader of the free world has been jeopardized let's all panic" by some, and I also don't like how many in my party are way too supportive of free trade deals written by corporations who have little regard to the environment or labor standards yet alone the societal impact it will have on the upper midwest) but this doesn't mean that the country is all great and dandy, or even as stable as it was 10-15 years ago, yet alone back in our heyday.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1410 on: June 18, 2018, 01:46:42 PM »

The flip side is also true: because some things are going well, the red hot loyalty and devotion of Trump's supporters make them see an America under Trump that is absolutely perfect, because it's literally impossible for them to rationalize that there are still real problems with this country, and severe flaws with this administration. 

Both extreme views are incorrect.

Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #1411 on: June 18, 2018, 01:48:42 PM »

“The economy is at an all time high! Things are going great! I love living in Das Deutches Reich! All you critics of Hitler are living in a fantasyland. Maybe you should just acknowledge that he’s doing a good job.”

—Hans the Berliner, June 18th, 1942
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1412 on: June 18, 2018, 01:53:00 PM »

Or maybe it is (and that's part of the reason we elected Trump in the first place)? The middle class is disappearing, trust in our institutions is on a decline, our media is controlled by a handful of billionaire dollar corporations, we have a criminal justice system that targets minorities, we have a president who is no dumber than a kindergartner, and we have an administration who instead focusing on deporting criminal illegals, is chosen to spend more of its time and energy breaking up families. I may not agree with my party on the rhetoric used against Trump (I have no idea why they've been more hawkish than Trump on NK, for instance, and I don't like this "oh, our status as the leader of the free world has been jeopardized let's all panic" by some, and I also don't like how many in my party are way too supportive of free trade deals written by corporations who have little regard to the environment or labor standards yet alone the societal impact it will have on the upper midwest) but this doesn't mean that the country is all great and dandy, or even as stable as it was 10-15 years ago, yet alone back in our heyday.

Part of the reason I did not support trump in the primary (and still oppose him philosophically currently) is because he was pushing this "world on fire", "we need revolution/massive changes" platform. I do not think it is traditionally conservative and I think it is opposite of conservatism in some respects, at least the opposite the conservatism I know, which stresses civil society, personal/familial responsibility and improvement, etc. Trump, in many ways, was echoing certain traditional left-wing sectors when he talked about "the system" keeping people down.

I do not like how trump treats rural Americans as helpless and hopeless victims. They are not, and they bear much of the responsibility for why their livelihood is diminishing.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1413 on: June 18, 2018, 01:57:55 PM »

Part of the reason I did not support trump in the primary (and still oppose him philosophically currently) is because he was pushing this "world on fire", "we need revolution/massive changes" platform. I do not think it is traditionally conservative and I think it is opposite of conservatism in some respects, at least the opposite the conservatism I know, which stresses civil society, personal/familial responsibility and improvement, etc. Trump, in many ways, was echoing certain traditional left-wing sectors when he talked about "the system" keeping people down.

I do not like how trump treats rural Americans as helpless and hopeless victims. They are not, and they bear much of the responsibility for why their livelihood is diminishing.

That's populism vs conservativism for you!
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #1414 on: June 18, 2018, 02:04:30 PM »

I do believe the recent news about the family separation on the border will take a toll on Trump's numbers. But like GeorgiaModerate said, the Gallup and Monmouth polls were both taken right after the Singapore summit so we wouldn't see any movement. Still, if Trump doesnt take a hit, I'd seriously consider giving up my poll hobby. Such a horrible thing in the headlines, I couldnt bare seeing people actually approve of it.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1415 on: June 18, 2018, 02:07:16 PM »

Fair enough - this may be the first time you’ve actually encapsulated your views.

I do believe the recent news about the family separation on the border will take a toll on Trump's numbers. But like GeorgiaModerate said, the Gallup and Monmouth polls were both taken right after the Singapore summit so we wouldn't see any movement. Still, if Trump doesnt take a hit, I'd seriously consider giving up my poll hobby. Such a horrible thing in the headlines, I couldnt bare seeing people actually approve of it.

QPac and Ipsos have both suggested it is very unpopular
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1416 on: June 18, 2018, 02:14:29 PM »

QPac Poll:

Voters oppose the separation policy 66-27%
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #1417 on: June 18, 2018, 02:24:56 PM »

Make no mistake, the economy was a lot better back in 2009 - when The Media suddenly started complaining about how horrible it was.

LMAO HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
twenty42
United States

« Reply #1418 on: June 18, 2018, 02:36:21 PM »

LMAO HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Facts are meaningless on Atlas.
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #1419 on: June 18, 2018, 02:45:43 PM »

By just about every single measure, this is completely wrong.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1420 on: June 18, 2018, 02:50:10 PM »

By just about every single measure, this is completely wrong.

It's so wrong that I assumed Bandit's post was sarcasm.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1421 on: June 18, 2018, 03:14:10 PM »

CNN (Changes are compared to May2-5):

39% Approve (-2)
54% Disapprove (+1)

Source
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1422 on: June 18, 2018, 03:19:11 PM »

39% Approve (-2)
54% Disapprove (+1)

Source
It's weird cause Gallup looks like the outlier when normally they are harder on Trump then others. Must be just a bounce from NK summit
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1423 on: June 18, 2018, 03:20:27 PM »

39% Approve (-2)
54% Disapprove (+1)

Source

They polled respondents on the family separation at the border. That might explain the drop.
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #1424 on: June 18, 2018, 03:22:09 PM »

39% Approve (-2)
54% Disapprove (+1)

Source

They polled respondents on the family separation at the border. That might explain the drop.

The first question was approval or disapproval, so asking the question doesn't affect things. Obviously though, the separation of families would hurt him because it's insanely unpopular.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies