Andrew Yang 2020 campaign megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 02:15:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Andrew Yang 2020 campaign megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18
Poll
Question: Will it help him?
Yes

No

Maybe

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 49

Author Topic: Andrew Yang 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 20873 times)
GM Team Member and Deputy PPT WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #275 on: August 24, 2019, 09:17:05 PM »

It always depends on context. Yang was a literal nobody a year ago (see: https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?q=andrew%20yang&geo=US)

Is 2% surging in context of the whole primary? No, of course not. Is it surging in the context of Yang being known by, like, 0.05% of the population a year ago? I'd say yes.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #276 on: August 25, 2019, 12:41:18 AM »

Ericpolitico is a sockpuppet account for MAGugh confirmed.
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -5.65

« Reply #277 on: August 28, 2019, 01:48:43 PM »

Yang now alone on 6th place at 2.5% with RCP's latest primary average. Cheesy

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2020/president/us/2020_democratic_presidential_nomination-6730.html

Yang has been at 2% or higher in every one of the last 7 polls released, as well as in 13 of the last 16 polls. This has been a really strong last three weeks for him. Smiley
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #278 on: September 13, 2019, 08:12:01 PM »

Old Man Willow
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #279 on: September 13, 2019, 10:06:45 PM »

I'm a bit harsh on Yang at times and I certainly don't support UBI but it is really nice to have so many Dems with actual substance and ideology running. 2008 and 2004 were nightmarish in comparison.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #280 on: September 13, 2019, 10:16:03 PM »

That's just the Naruto opening lol

Reluctant Republican

« Reply #281 on: September 13, 2019, 10:42:17 PM »

#YangkilledAeris
Mercenary

Political Matrix
E: -3.94, S: -2.70

« Reply #282 on: September 13, 2019, 11:27:57 PM »

Better than I thought when I read the title.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #283 on: September 14, 2019, 02:13:57 AM »

I'm a bit harsh on Yang at times and I certainly don't support UBI but it is really nice to have so many Dems with actual substance and ideology running. 2008 and 2004 were nightmarish in comparison.

There isn't much more substance to Yang than there was to Herman Cain's 9-9-9 plan. In fact, now that I think about it, Cain is the previous candidate Yang most closely resembles -- middling businessman with no relevant experience who has a very simplistic gimmicky idea and almost no meaningful policy knowledge regarding anything else.

The idea that Yang has more "substance" than the likes of Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton, or John Kerry is a complete joke. And "ideology" is not always a good thing. In fact when you are so hellbent on implementing your ideology that you ignore inconvenient facts and evidence that get in the way, it's a huge detriment. The last thing Democrats need to do is a shift from a fairly pragmatic party to a purely "ideological" one.
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix

« Reply #284 on: September 14, 2019, 03:00:15 AM »
« Edited: September 14, 2019, 05:36:05 AM by eric82oslo »

There isn't much more substance to Yang than there was to Herman Cain's 9-9-9 plan. In fact, now that I think about it, Cain is the previous candidate Yang most closely resembles -- middling businessman with no relevant experience who has a very simplistic gimmicky idea and almost no meaningful policy knowledge regarding anything else.

The idea that Yang has more "substance" than the likes of Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton, or John Kerry is a complete joke. And "ideology" is not always a good thing. In fact when you are so hellbent on implementing your ideology that you ignore inconvenient facts and evidence that get in the way, it's a huge detriment. The last thing Democrats need to do is a shift from a fairly pragmatic party to a purely "ideological" one.

Yang is both the least ideological candidate running and the biggest policy wonk with 170+ policy positions already unveiled on his website, so everything you wrote above has been contradicted by actual facts.

Why do you have such a vitriolic hate for this Asian entrepreneur? Did he do something to you personally? Or you just don't like people who challenge the establishment? Now to the facts. A couple of his start up businesses were hugely successful, including the education app company, Manhattan Prep, which he sold for many millions to Washington Post, as well as Venture For America which runs businesses in 18 struggling cities across America. You don't get an award like "Presidential Ambassador for Global Entrepreneurship" unless you're an outstanding businessman with your heart at the right place.

Again, nothing about him is ideological, unless you consider humanity and forwardness - meeting the challenges of the 21st century head on - an ideology. And which facts exactly are contradicting his claims and proposals? If you're talking about UBI, then study after study after study have shown almost entirely positive outcomes on a very broad range of areas following actual UBI field studies.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #285 on: September 14, 2019, 04:05:08 AM »

Why do you have such a vitriolic hate for this Asian entrepreneur?

Stop. Don't partake in that crap. Those kinds of insinuations are for braindead mouth-breathing unprincipled Kamala Harris fans only.
Kleine Scheiße
PeteHam
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.16, S: -1.74

P P

« Reply #286 on: September 14, 2019, 07:34:06 AM »

based

if you dislike yang that means you have not read the war on normal people or are rich and probably a cop

granted, that's not to say that i want him to actually become president (imagine a yang response to a 9/11*), but someone needed to start the conversation about UBI again

*he is smart enough to trust his advisors but some very dangerous military advice has been given by very credible actors at the highest levels of our military before and it will happen again -- whether he'd effectively be able to work with that history is unknowable.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #287 on: September 14, 2019, 05:11:25 PM »

They made one for Trump four years ago, remember with the pink robot and sh*t.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #288 on: September 14, 2019, 05:59:39 PM »

*snip* You don't get an award like "Presidential Ambassador for Global Entrepreneurship" unless you're an outstanding businessman with your heart at the right place.  *snip*

Elizabeth Holmes would like a word.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #289 on: September 14, 2019, 06:34:20 PM »

My father did not serve in the pacific theatre just to see America embrace Japanese culture.
morgankingsley
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #290 on: September 14, 2019, 06:45:16 PM »

That's it, he's getting the nomination
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #291 on: September 14, 2019, 07:35:51 PM »

WTF are you talking about? Yang has over 100 detailed policy proposals. He's as far away from Herman Cain as somebody could possibly get.

https://www.yang2020.com/policies/
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix

« Reply #292 on: September 15, 2019, 12:00:30 AM »

Stop. Don't partake in that crap. Those kinds of insinuations are for braindead mouth-breathing unprincipled Kamala Harris fans only.

I'm not Asian, so I don't know how it would be wrong for me to point out that he's Asian-American and that the left-wing media, at least MSNBC, has a history of silencing Asian-American voices, at least and especially when it concerns Andrew Yang.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #293 on: September 15, 2019, 12:37:02 AM »

I'm not Asian, so I don't know how it would be wrong for me to point out that he's Asian-American and that the left-wing media, at least MSNBC, has a history of silencing Asian-American voices, at least and especially when it concerns Andrew Yang.

Yang has not yet played the race card in this campaign, and I believe his dismissive attitude towards identity politics is a key part of his appeal and his credibility. He is a candidate of substance. If he were a vapid vessel for Twitter activism and reactionary leftist policy like Kamala Harris, then yeah, he'd probably be saying that he's being ignored because he's Asian. Truth is, he's being ignored because the Democratic Party doesn't want an entrepreneur with zero experience in elected office going up against Trump in the most contentious election of all time.

But Yang is too principled to resort to race-baiting. That's exclusively for the people who have nothing else to run on.

(It gives me no pleasure to say any of this; I like your posts and your support for Yang. I just want to keep this campaign as pure as possible.)
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix

« Reply #294 on: September 15, 2019, 12:44:13 AM »

Yang has not yet played the race card in this campaign, and I believe his dismissive attitude towards identity politics is a key part of his appeal and his credibility. He is a candidate of substance. If he were a vapid vessel for Twitter activism and reactionary leftist policy like Kamala Harris, then yeah, he'd probably be saying that he's being ignored because he's Asian. Truth is, he's being ignored because the Democratic Party doesn't want an entrepreneur with zero experience in elected office going up against Trump in the most contentious election of all time.

But Yang is too principled to resort to race-baiting. That's exclusively for the people who have nothing else to run on.

(It gives me no pleasure to say any of this; I like your posts and your support for Yang. I just want to keep this campaign as pure as possible.)

I agree with all of this. Smiley
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #295 on: September 17, 2019, 04:41:58 AM »

Just saw this. Good s__t.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #296 on: September 19, 2019, 10:26:49 PM »

That’s right. It’s gonna take all the tea.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #297 on: September 19, 2019, 10:28:23 PM »

In the timeline where Bernie has never run for President, his campaign is doing a lot better, but he still wouldn't win.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #298 on: September 20, 2019, 07:38:19 AM »

He's the Ron Paul of 2020 but sadly he won't win.
Torrain
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

« Reply #299 on: September 20, 2019, 10:50:42 AM »

I assume Presidents Nadler, Stein and Gravel will attend the inauguration, and he'll appoint Senators O'Rourke and Rossi to his cabinet.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies