HI-1: Kaniela Ing vs Doug Chin
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 09:51:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  HI-1: Kaniela Ing vs Doug Chin
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 19
Author Topic: HI-1: Kaniela Ing vs Doug Chin  (Read 37499 times)
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: June 06, 2018, 02:56:58 PM »

Still backing Ing. The others suck more
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #151 on: June 06, 2018, 11:42:54 PM »

Still backing Ing. The others suck more
K
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #152 on: June 07, 2018, 05:53:06 AM »

I mean Case and DMK obviously suck and Fukumoto is an opportunistic turncoat, but what's the issue with Chin?
Jeppe
Bosse
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -4.00

« Reply #153 on: June 07, 2018, 09:02:20 AM »

I mean Case and DMK obviously suck and Fukumoto is an opportunistic turncoat, but what's the issue with Chin?

Anti-gay, even more than DMK. He supported conversion therapy and preached about the dangers of homosexuality in his sermons in the past.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #154 on: June 07, 2018, 05:42:38 PM »

Anti-gay, even more than DMK. He supported conversion therapy and preached about the dangers of homosexuality in his sermons in the past.

This simply isn’t true.  He gave one anti-gay marriage speech in the mid-90s and is running as a supporter of LGBT rights.
Jeppe
Bosse
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #155 on: June 07, 2018, 07:10:46 PM »

This simply isn’t true.  He gave one anti-gay marriage speech in the mid-90s and is running as a supporter of LGBT rights.

His church had a “pray-the-gay away” conference in 2016. There are tons of people who evolved on gay marriage, but unfortunately, evangelical pastors are usually very much stuck on their ways.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #156 on: June 07, 2018, 07:44:42 PM »

Go Doug Chin, the true standing solid man, not a one time fling!
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #157 on: June 07, 2018, 08:40:54 PM »

His church had a “pray-the-gay away” conference in 2016. There are tons of people who evolved on gay marriage, but unfortunately, evangelical pastors are usually very much stuck on their ways.

Did he himself have anything to do with that conference?  Because if not, I don't see the relevance.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #158 on: June 07, 2018, 08:49:14 PM »

Is Beth Fukumoto running a full turncoat "I'm a lefty!" campaign or is she trying to be a No Labels candidate with a catchy "I didn't leave the GOP, they left me" campaign? Because I could accept an EX-GOPer who has flipped to the left on the issues. I remember her being pretty liberal when she was a Republican anyways.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #159 on: June 07, 2018, 08:52:33 PM »

Wasn't Chin running on a string the homeless agenda up a year or so ago? (Of course, that's a fairly common thing in Hawaii politics)
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #160 on: June 07, 2018, 08:55:03 PM »

Still rooting for Fukumoto.
scutosaurus
United States

« Reply #161 on: June 07, 2018, 09:00:21 PM »

There is no other primary in the country where one candidate is so, so much better than every other candidate.

I agree with this. Fukumoto is clearly the best option.

Is Beth Fukumoto running a full turncoat "I'm a lefty!" campaign or is she trying to be a No Labels candidate with a catchy "I didn't leave the GOP, they left me" campaign? Because I could accept an EX-GOPer who has flipped to the left on the issues. I remember her being pretty liberal when she was a Republican anyways.

https://www.bethfukumoto.com/issues/

Here's her issues page; it's pretty generic. She isn't running a far-left campaign, but she seems to clearly support liberal solutions, particularly on social and energy issues.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #162 on: June 07, 2018, 09:06:12 PM »

Chin is quite literally a private prison industry lobbyist, and a comically corrupt one at that:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Who are CCA?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #163 on: June 07, 2018, 09:18:35 PM »

While I wouldn't call what he did comically corrupt, it's bad enough that I'm back to being undecided here.  Not a fan of any of the candidates tbh.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #164 on: June 08, 2018, 09:53:37 AM »

Oh come on!!! Are we seriously going to elect a former Republican in one of the most liberal districts in the country? Fukumoto is a total opportunist
Jeppe
Bosse
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #165 on: June 08, 2018, 03:29:51 PM »

Oh come on!!! Are we seriously going to elect a former Republican in one of the most liberal districts in the country? Fukumoto is a total opportunist

Hawaii iis very Democratic but the population isn’t all that progressive.

Fulumoto is the only generic Democrat running, the rest are either conservaDems or Alan Grayson 2.0, so I’ll take her, regardless of her past affilation as a RINO.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #166 on: June 08, 2018, 03:35:07 PM »

It says a lot about what a dumpster fire of mediocrity this primary is when Beth Fukumoto, who is meh, is the least bad option
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -0.17

« Reply #167 on: June 08, 2018, 04:01:35 PM »

Cheering for Ed Case!
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #168 on: June 08, 2018, 04:26:52 PM »
« Edited: June 08, 2018, 04:30:06 PM by PittsburghSteel »

Fukumoto won the University of Hawaii Professional Assembly's endorsement. They're a union. Not sure how big of a deal that is, but it's her first major endorsement in the race.

When is the primary?
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #169 on: June 08, 2018, 04:43:38 PM »

It says a lot about what a dumpster fire of mediocrity this primary is when Beth Fukumoto, who is meh horrible, is the least bad option
I agree, but wanted to express more angst.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #170 on: June 08, 2018, 04:43:38 PM »

I hate all the Democrats in this race. I guess I'm pulling for Fukumoto but I hope if she either willing to listen to leadership and vote for a progressive agenda or she gets primaried from the left. Schatz, Hirono, and on some issues Gabbard are all pretty progressive and I don't want a fiscally conservative Dem in a seat like this.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #171 on: June 08, 2018, 05:57:44 PM »

YE, I got a better idea! How about we elect an actual progressive in the first place and leave that question unanswered. Why would you would rather risk backing a former Republican then someone who actually supports programs that benefit the 99%? Being a former moderate republican suggests that she most likely doesn't support Bernie's economic agenda and probably left the GOP b/c 1. it's impossible to get elected as a republican in Hawaii(there are ZERO in the legislature) and 2. the republicans have become increasingly right wing and nationalist, not because her views changed
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #172 on: June 08, 2018, 06:04:38 PM »

Buh buh we need a moderate in order to hold down a D+17 seat!!!!!
BBD
Big Bad Don

« Reply #173 on: June 08, 2018, 06:06:02 PM »

Truly a clown car primary. Hoo boy. Hawaii politics at its best.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #174 on: June 08, 2018, 06:13:25 PM »

YE, I got a better idea! How about we elect an actual progressive in the first place and leave that question unanswered. Why would you would rather risk backing a former Republican then someone who actually supports programs that benefit the 99%? Being a former moderate republican suggests that she most likely doesn't support Bernie's economic agenda and probably left the GOP b/c 1. it's impossible to get elected as a republican in Hawaii(there are ZERO in the legislature) and 2. the republicans have become increasingly right wing and nationalist, not because her views changed

No non-corrupt progressive exists in this race. What do you expect me to do, lie about my age, catch a plane to Hawaii, and run for this seat?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 19  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies