If Manning is the Democratic nominee for MD-SEN, does the race turn competitive?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 31, 2024, 10:05:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  If Manning is the Democratic nominee for MD-SEN, does the race turn competitive?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: (skip)
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 39

Author Topic: If Manning is the Democratic nominee for MD-SEN, does the race turn competitive?  (Read 647 times)
DPKdebator
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.81, S: 3.65

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 14, 2018, 07:44:37 PM »

If Cheslea Manning is the Democratic nominee for the Maryland Senate race, would the race become competitive?
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2018, 07:45:55 PM »

Does Maryland have sore loser laws?

If not, Cardin pulls a Murkowski.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2018, 07:46:12 PM »

Wrong board...
DPKdebator
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.81, S: 3.65

P P P

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2018, 07:48:03 PM »
« Edited: January 14, 2018, 07:49:51 PM by DPKdebator »

Created another topic in the Congressional board, I'll delete this one. (EDIT: or not)
Hydera

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2018, 08:44:02 PM »

Sadly if Manning is the nominee she's going to make what was a 20% margin race with Cardin to just 8-13% because of trans-phobia and a lot of people considering her a traitor.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2018, 09:00:47 PM »

No, but that's because the race would go from Safe D to Safe R in heartbeat. People seem to forget Manning wasn't pardoned, her sentence was commuted, so she's still a felon.
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2018, 09:14:12 PM »

No, but that's because the race would go from Safe D to Safe R in heartbeat. People seem to forget Manning wasn't pardoned, her sentence was commuted, so she's still a felon.
Agreed. Turnout among blacks and college educated whites would plummet with Manning as the nominee, and the Republican would win by double digits most likely. But this is kind of like asking what would happen if Dennis Rader was the Republican nominee for Kansas Governor... It just is not going to happdn under any realistic scenario. The only way I could see her winning the primary is if Cardin had a career-ending scandal or, to get a bit morbid, dropped dead shortly before the primary leaving Manning as the only credible option.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2018, 09:45:45 PM »

I was trying to find the proper comparison to Manning on the Republican side, and the best I can come up with is a Senate run by Cliven Bundy.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2018, 01:10:37 PM »

Irrespective of the transgender issue, I would vote for a Republican over Manning because of the crime she committed. I don't get why the sentence was commuted or why Manning has turned into a left-wing hero; that person stole classified, national security sensitive information and handed it all over to Wikileaks, a right-wing puppet website. That's unforgivable.
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2018, 01:29:40 PM »

Yes it becomes very competitive.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2018, 01:40:53 PM »

I was trying to find the proper comparison to Manning on the Republican side, and the best I can come up with is a Senate run by Cliven Bundy.

This exactly.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2018, 01:55:42 PM »

Agreed. Turnout among blacks and college educated whites would plummet with Manning as the nominee, and the Republican would win by double digits most likely. But this is kind of like asking what would happen if Dennis Rader was the Republican nominee for Kansas Governor... It just is not going to happdn under any realistic scenario. The only way I could see her winning the primary is if Cardin had a career-ending scandal or, to get a bit morbid, dropped dead shortly before the primary leaving Manning as the only credible option.

I'd LOVE to hear your reasoning why black voters would show up for Cardin but not Manning.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies