Is refusing to have sex with trans people inherently transphobic?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 18, 2024, 08:44:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Is refusing to have sex with trans people inherently transphobic?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Poll
Question: Is refusing to have sex with trans people inherently transphobic?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 117

Author Topic: Is refusing to have sex with trans people inherently transphobic?  (Read 10855 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2018, 11:02:26 PM »

Not that I'm disagreeing with you, but aren't you supposed to be "all liberal, all the time?"

"all liberal, all the time" really means "all center-left, all the time". I reject far left nonsense like communists, Putin and Maduro apologists, the crap jfern writes and Tumblr/Everyday Feminism gender politics just as I reject all centrist and right wing politics.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2018, 11:02:50 PM »

Refusing to have sex with anyone for any reason is always acceptable and anyone who says otherwise is an utter creep.
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2018, 11:05:27 PM »

Not that I'm disagreeing with you, but aren't you supposed to be "all liberal, all the time?"

"all liberal, all the time" really means "all center-left, all the time". I reject far left nonsense like communists, Putin and Maduro apologists, the crap jfern writes and Tumblr/Everyday Feminism gender politics just as I reject all centrist and right wing politics.

But if non-binary stuff made its way into mainstream liberalism would you support it then?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2018, 11:06:58 PM »

But if non-binary stuff made its way into mainstream liberalism would you support it then?

It's not really an issue of policy so it really doesn't matter.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2018, 11:27:08 PM »

Also I have no clue what the f[inks] an "enby" is and searching for it on one of my SJW music "scene" forums received zero hits.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2018, 11:30:37 PM »

Refusing to have sex with anyone for any reason is always acceptable and anyone who says otherwise is an utter creep.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2018, 11:35:02 PM »

Glad to see agreement that this site is in fact, full of utter creeps (because it is): https://everydayfeminism.com/2017/04/cissexist-say-never-date-trans
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2018, 11:43:01 PM »

99% of all motives for it are entirely based on feeling that trans women(I've never seen someone attracted to men make this kind of statement about trans men) are disgusting because they're trans.

You're conflating not being attracted to something with finding it disgusting. I'm gay, not attracted to women in the least, but I don't find them disgusting. But if a transman still had boobs and/or a vagina it would be a huge turn off, since I am not attracted to female anatomy. Similarly, many straight guys aren't exactly hot and bothered by the thought of penises.
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.13

« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2018, 12:29:27 AM »

Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2018, 12:35:08 AM »

If you don't screw everyone you ever encounter, you're a bigot.
/sarcasm

How is this even a debate?
catographer
Megameow
United States
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2018, 02:07:10 AM »

An individual trans person? No. "Trans people" in general? Yes.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2018, 04:44:35 AM »

Again BRTD, are you talking about pre or post ops?
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.13

« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2018, 05:05:06 AM »

If you don't screw everyone you ever encounter, you're a bigot.
/sarcasm

How is this even a debate?
Mercenary

Political Matrix
E: -3.94, S: -2.70

« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2018, 06:56:17 AM »

That anyone would vote yes is a good example of how loony SJW types can get.
Obviously the answer is no.

There is nothing ageist, sexist, transphobist, homophobic, etc about someone who wants to only have sex with someone of similar age and opposite bological sex that they find attractive. To say there is only takes away the meaning of those terms from when someone actually does.fall into one of those categories. It is like how people throw around authoritarian, communist, nazi, etx. It starts to lose the potency of its meaning which is unfortunate since there are certainly times when those terms apply.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2018, 07:02:08 AM »

No.

Refusing to let them serve in the military is though.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2018, 07:32:28 AM »

Why are we asking this question?
Zinneke
JosepBroz
YaBB God
Belgium

« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2018, 07:45:06 AM »

This.

I think BRTD has a disturbing obsession with trans issues.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2018, 08:19:13 AM »

Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2018, 08:38:11 AM »

world.execute(me)
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2018, 11:22:00 AM »

99% of all motives for it are entirely based on feeling that trans women(I've never seen someone attracted to men make this kind of statement about trans men) are disgusting because they're trans.
A lot of times it has to do with genitals (if the trans woman has not had the surgery, someone might not want to have sex with someone with a penis). I don't really see how that's transphobic.
Finding a penis to be not interesting isn't usually what it is, at least to the people shouting it out of a bullhorn.

No and the freakouts I've seen over that famous Brian Griffin puking clip I find pretty amusing.

Glad to see that transwomen being displayed as inherently disgusting freaks is amusing to you. That kind of s**t is part of many transphobic murders.

Uh, have you seen the episode in question?

An individual trans person? No. "Trans people" in general? Yes.

So are gays misogynistic for refusing to have sex with women?

Agree with Parrotguy. The same is true for straight men who refuse to have sex with gays. They're not automatically homophobic. That has simply something to do with personal preferences.

Equating a straight man refusing to have sex with a trans woman to a straight man refusing to have sex with a gay dude is pretty f**ked dude.

One refusing to have sex with someone they are not attracted to is "pretty f**ked"?

I really don't need to see it to know an episode of family guy is transphobic. Equating trans women to gay men is what's f##ked.

BTW I'm not saying that there are times you are obligated to have sex regardless of opinion, I'm saying that them being trans is a sh*tty reason to do it (like doing it because of race or being bi something).
Cold War Liberal
KennedyWannabe99
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.53

« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2018, 11:29:02 AM »

No.

Refusing to let them serve in the military is though.
^this,^
^this,^ and

You're conflating not being attracted to something with finding it disgusting. I'm gay, not attracted to women in the least, but I don't find them disgusting. But if a transman still had boobs and/or a vagina it would be a huge turn off, since I am not attracted to female anatomy. Similarly, many straight guys aren't exactly hot and bothered by the thought of penises.
^this^ all sum up my feelings on the topic.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2018, 11:30:17 AM »

I guess it kind of depends. Obviously anybody should have he right to refuse to have sex, as many have stated. But I believe the question is about outright refusing to ever have sex with trans people because they are trans, which could indeed be a sign of transphobia.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2018, 11:44:34 AM »

I don't control who I'm attracted to, but are there some classes of people who, if I'm not attracted to any of them, it must imply bigotry?  Is that the argument?  E.g., if I'm not attracted to any men, that's OK, but if I'm not attracted to any Russians, it must imply bigotry, because why would anyone not be attracted to any people of one national origin besides bigotry?  And not being attracted to any trans women is the equivalent of not being attracted to any Russians?  Is that the argument the "yes" voters are making?

That is, the refusal to have sex itself isn't transphobic, because if you're not attracted to someone then not having sex with them is perfectly rational....but the fact that you're not attracted to them in itself implies transphobia?  I'm guessing that's what the "yes" voters mean, because I can't see another way to read their argument.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #48 on: January 09, 2018, 12:21:30 PM »

Again BRTD, are you talking about pre or post ops?

This really doesn't matter.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #49 on: January 09, 2018, 12:34:34 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length