PA-18 Special Election - Lamb by a nose (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:21:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA-18 Special Election - Lamb by a nose (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: PA-18 Special Election - Lamb by a nose  (Read 202969 times)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« on: January 07, 2018, 04:28:30 PM »

Right where Jones was two months before the election. Cool
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2018, 05:21:53 PM »

The topline seems OK but I'm skeptical about Trump's approval numbers.
The guy couldn't even break 50 at Alabama and he is at +15 here?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2018, 01:14:46 PM »

I think this is a $-driven freakout, not a polling driven freakout. The fundamentals favor Saccone, but if he's broke, he could fail.

I agree. Lamb is also the far superior candidate. He's young, good looking, a vet, charismatic, and very intelligent. I can see the many potential reasons why the GOP is freaking out.

Will there be a debate?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2018, 03:08:53 AM »
« Edited: January 18, 2018, 06:37:34 AM by Landslide Lyndon »

In the article above it's mentioned that Lamb raised 550000$ during the 4Q while Saccone raised 200000$.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2018, 06:20:02 PM »

I have just googled "Conor Lamb" (I didn't even know that PA-18 has a special election soon) and he looks like a Democratic Mike Naso.

Ban-worthy post.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2018, 02:15:05 AM »

Probably a Republican win in a place where you would expect a Republican win.

Why don't you change your nick to Chinese Cookie?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2018, 05:16:29 PM »

Barletta is going to lose by 15 points if those Casey #s are even close to accurate.

Until the NRSC or a Barletta internal shows him trailing. Then he'll be FINISHED. lol

Lol, just as you say that....

https://twitter.com/chrisjdmartin/status/955543307639123971

NRCC guy frantically tries to dispel the poll.

It's weird that he brings up public polling when afaik Gravis is the only pollster who's released a public poll?

This guy looks like he just finished kindergarten.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2018, 02:03:49 PM »

Well, Saccone has the advantage of not being a kiddie diddler.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2018, 06:57:20 AM »

It would be helpful to see a poll where Lamb is leading. I still hold by my view that there aren't enough people in this district open to voting Democrat in 2018 for Lamb to overcome Saccone's base, as incompetent as Saccone is.

Indeed. But the game here is how many of them are going to stay home while energized Democrats go to the polls, like what happened in Virginia and Alabama.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2018, 07:47:24 AM »

It would be helpful to see a poll where Lamb is leading. I still hold by my view that there aren't enough people in this district open to voting Democrat in 2018 for Lamb to overcome Saccone's base, as incompetent as Saccone is.

Indeed. But the game here is how many of them are going to stay home while energized Democrats go to the polls, like what happened in Virginia and Alabama.

Virginia doesn't really fit that description very well. Gillespie certainly got his voters to turn out. They just weren't nearly enough because there are more Democrats than Republicans in Virginia nowadays, and Democrats just turned out in full force.

No, turnout at the western part of the state was significantly down compared to NOVA.
Gillespie got roughly the same percentages as Trump but much fewer raw votes.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2018, 03:06:12 AM »

I doubt Lamb wins this given how hard the GOP is investing in this seat.

Agreed, but you can just smell the fear here and it's wonderful.

keep feasting on the moral victories!!!!

Doug Jones says hi.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2018, 01:04:03 PM »

Monmouth Poll.

Saccone          49
Lamb              46

https://www.monmouth.edu/polling-institute/reports/MonmouthPoll_PA_021518/
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2018, 01:28:13 PM »

Those last 5 points are proving as tough for Lamb as they were for Ossoff... still it's great to see that Saccone isn't running away with this with Morning Consult-validating numbers.

There is the difference that GA-06 was an ancestrally Republican district while PA-18 is an ancestrally Democratic one. People here are more used to voting candidates with a D next to their names.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2018, 01:51:14 AM »

Gina Cerilli would be leading Saccone 4-5 points right now if she was the nominee, shame.

And Doug Jones would've won if he was pro-life.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2018, 04:27:58 PM »

It's understandable that he wants to win the race, but that doesn't make him any less of a coward.
Doug Jones ran in Alabama and he wasn't afraid to say he was pro-choice and supported the DREAM act.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2018, 05:11:34 AM »

It's understandable that he wants to win the race, but that doesn't make him any less of a coward.
Doug Jones ran in Alabama and he wasn't afraid to say he was pro-choice and supported the DREAM act.
Many cultural conservatives say they're pro-life, but in the end, enough of them can stomach voting for a pro-choicer. 

Guns are a different story.  There are a HELL of a lot of gun owners, and they will view gun control as affecting them personally.

Really?
Because all these years we are told that "Protecting the Rights of the Unborn" is THE issue for social conservatives,
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2018, 07:44:35 PM »

What is Bagel's harden for Gina Cerilli all about?

Well, she is a former Miss Pennsylvania.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2018, 05:56:20 PM »

Cross tabs at the bottom of the link are interesting.

Saccone basically gets no one who didn't vote for Trump other than 1/6 of Johnson voters. Lamb gets half of Johnson voters and 37% of 2016 non-voters.

More proof that Johnson probably hurt Clinton more than Trump.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2018, 01:21:51 PM »

Some of these posts remind me of the people who were writing Northam's campaign autopsy a week before the election.

Remember when a union left Fairfax out of their campaign literature?
That really killed his campaign.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2018, 01:30:59 PM »

Does meeting with a group automatically change all of your policy position to match the ones they support? I am not sure that is how it works.
Optics is everything. I'm sure no GOP candidate in a similar situation (Let's say a D+11) should line up to appear with Milo Yiannopoulos.

So, meeting a group that wants to prevent high school shootings is the same as meeting a Nazi.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2018, 01:07:36 PM »

Badger,
Lamb now lives in the new Rothfus' district. It ils obvious he will run there and he won't be portrayed as a carpetbagger as he now lives there.

I'm not making my point very well here. Right, there won't be any issue about lamb running in the 17th District. I'm wondering if Saccone could argue that voters in the current 14th should vote for him over land because outside of the part of the district in the South Hills, I am won't be representing anyone in this District after this year. If I am Saccone, I would argue that voters should choose a candidate in the special election who is going to continue representing them for years to come, not just for the next 10 months.

Again, that applies to all the voters in the current Pennsylvania 14 the South Hills. That is, the vast majority of the district. When inevitably question about his intentions, what is lamb going to say?

Could be a potent argument, but the fact that Saccone too lives outside the new 14th makes him a flawed messenger.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2018, 01:53:48 PM »

Lamb's first ads were about protecting Social Security and Medicare, which are programs that labor unions care a lot about, AFAIK.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2018, 04:00:35 PM »

Lamb's first ads were about protecting Social Security and Medicare, which are programs that labor unions care a lot about, AFAIK.

They also care about Right to Work, which Pennsylvania is dangerously on the verge of passing in a few years (and which Saccone has promised to vote for). I don't know why Lamb isn't at least mentioning that; it won't hurt him.

If Right to Work wasn't passed when Republicans had the trifecta, how can you say that it's on the verge of passing now with a Democratic governor?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2018, 02:19:47 AM »

For the gazilionth time: respect us who have limo on ignore and stop quoting him.

Thanks.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2018, 03:14:55 AM »

For the gazilionth time: respect us who have limo on ignore and stop quoting him.

Thanks.

He actually posted the ad tho...

You can quote the ad without the editorializing like many other posters do.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies