who did a worse thing? Michael Vick vs Ray Lewis
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2024, 01:46:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  who did a worse thing? Michael Vick vs Ray Lewis
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: who did a worse thing?  
Vick

Lewis

I don't know what you're on about, but I like to push bottons

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 18

Author Topic: who did a worse thing? Michael Vick vs Ray Lewis  (Read 1107 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 25, 2017, 06:47:25 AM »

Lewis murdered a human (or two) and was rewarded with a Super Bowl MVP, cover of a Madden game and two NFL Defensive Player of the Year honors.

Vick murdered a dog, went to jail, had to claim bankruptcy and is hated by most of the country.
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.13

« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2017, 07:01:55 AM »

Well Lewis I believe was acquitted so he is preusmed to be innocent
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2017, 07:16:30 AM »

He wasn't acquitted (his friends were), he legally blamed it on those friends ('cause that's the classy guy he is).  Somebody killed those dudes, and it's kind of odd that their blood was in Lewis's limo...especially after he told the cops he wasn't there when first asked.  He did pay the families of the dead a lot of money.  He might not have shoved the knife into their bodies repeatedly, but he clearly was involved.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2017, 08:40:44 AM »
« Edited: December 25, 2017, 08:46:49 AM by HillGoose »

Vick.

People can deserve to die. If you murder a dog or condone it you're simply a horrible human being.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2017, 08:57:08 AM »

The majority of dogs that are killed by humans are killed by humans that love dogs way more than you do.  Are they horrible human beings?
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2017, 09:00:54 AM »

The majority of dogs that are killed by humans are killed by humans that love dogs way more than you do.  Are they horrible human beings?

no. What exactly are you referring to?

If someone participates in dogfighting or just goes around sadistically torturing and killing dogs is what I'm referring to. Not dog owners euthanizing their sick pets.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2017, 09:05:00 AM »

I was thinking more about animal shelter workers.

You think it's worse to go around sadistically murdering dogs than sadistically murdering humans?
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2017, 09:10:01 AM »

You think it's worse to go around sadistically murdering dogs than sadistically murdering humans?

Well I think murder against humans can be justified in some cases, but murder against dogs can't, which is the difference. Dogs are innocent, if one was attacking a person I can see why you'd kill the dog, but otherwise it's just horrible.
They not like us
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2017, 10:26:41 AM »

Vick murdered way more than 1 dog.

Look, the lives of people versus animals shouldn't be a pissing contest--both animal abuse and homicide are awful crimes, but when it comes down to it...murdering several dogs versus one (or two) humans is not a tough choice. Vick's actions were clearly worse. The fact that Lewis got away with murder is terrible, and he should be in jail, but Vick financed an entire operation dedicated to killing dogs.

As for post-crime actions, I can commend Vick on his sincere remorse and dedication to ending dog fighting.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2017, 10:48:52 AM »

As for post-crime actions, I can commend Vick on his sincere remorse and dedication to ending dog fighting.
Vick feels/felt remorse for his actions, Lewis says sh**t like
Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2017, 03:53:11 PM »

but when it comes down to it...murdering several dogs versus one (or two) humans is not a tough choice.

Indeed it's not. Murdering a single human being is infinitely worse than slaughtering every single animal in the universe.
They not like us
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2017, 08:29:22 PM »

but when it comes down to it...murdering several dogs versus one (or two) humans is not a tough choice.

Indeed it's not. Murdering a single human being is infinitely worse than slaughtering every single animal in the universe.

That is genuinely the most retarded thing I've ever heard.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2017, 08:40:23 PM »

If there is a such thing as quality synthetic meat replacements for all, then yes, but otherwise not really. And obviously some other very serious ecological concerns. If you add in "domesticated non-farm" then your sentence makes sense.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2017, 09:04:19 PM »

I love animals. I'm a pet owner myself. However, without a doubt a human life is worth much more -- humans are sentient and posess complex thought, while animals rely solely on instinct. Also, those that say "murder against humans can be justified", are you saying that Ray Lewis was justified in his actions for killing two possibly innocent people? Is a person justified for blowing up a building with people in it if said person saves all of the puppies? I'm not saying someone should go around murdering all of the dogs, and I realize animals are more dependent than people; however, there is a lot more weight in the death of a human than an animal.
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2017, 09:28:15 PM »

I honestly do. animals are incapable of evil and are wholly innocent, whereas humans have destroyed our planet and everything else for thousands and thousands of years.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2017, 08:20:18 AM »

I honestly do. animals are incapable of evil and are wholly innocent, whereas humans have destroyed our planet and everything else for thousands and thousands of years.
"destroyed"  really?  "and everything else"?  what the hell man...words have meanings for a reason.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2017, 10:58:15 AM »

"destroyed"  really?  "and everything else"?  what the hell man...words have meanings for a reason.

what i am trying to say... humans all have sins... dogs don't.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2017, 11:24:46 AM »
« Edited: December 26, 2017, 11:38:29 AM by Rep.-elect wxtransit »

what i am trying to say... humans all have sins... dogs don't.

Yes, but this doesn't make humans more worthy of murder. Actions of certain people do not represent every human.

I love animals. I'm a pet owner myself. However, without a doubt a human life is worth much more -- humans are sentient and posess complex thought, while animals rely solely on instinct. Also, those that say "murder against humans can be justified", are you saying that Ray Lewis was justified in his actions for killing two possibly innocent people? Is a person justified for blowing up a building with people in it if said person saves all of the puppies? I'm not saying someone should go around murdering all of the dogs, and I realize animals are more dependent than people; however, there is a lot more weight in the death of a human than an animal.
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2017, 11:35:47 AM »

All I'm saying is that you don't see animals committing ethnic cleansing or indiscriminately murdering people for no reason, or destroying the environment for financial gain, for that matter.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2017, 11:40:18 AM »

All I'm saying is that you don't see animals committing ethnic cleansing or indiscriminately murdering people for no reason, or destroying the environment for financial gain, for that matter.

Because some people have committed ethnic cleansing and genocide, all humans are completely evil and can be murdered?
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2017, 11:42:24 AM »

Because some people have committed ethnic cleansing and genocide, all humans are completely evil and can be murdered?

i'm not advocating for group punishment. What I'm saying, every person on this earth has done something wrong at one point or another. Animals can't do wrong, because they can't distinguish.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2017, 11:45:59 AM »
« Edited: December 26, 2017, 11:47:43 AM by Rep.-elect wxtransit »

i'm not advocating for group punishment. What I'm saying, every person on this earth has done something wrong at one point or another. Animals can't do wrong, because they can't distinguish.

If I murdered 5 people and 0 dogs, or if I murdered 0 people and 5 dogs, which would be better?

Hint: neither, because dogs are innocent but also a human life is worth way more than a dog's.

Also, because a person may at some point done something wrong, this makes then eligible for murder?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2017, 12:31:12 PM »

some dogs are assholes and it has nothing to do with how they were raised.  Granted, most asshole dogs are that way because of humans, but there are some dogs that are just assholes.  The majority of cats are assholes.  I don't know what the ratio between assholes and not in the various mammalian species, perhaps humans have more assholes than average (not as high as cats though), but I do think it's incorrect to say all animals are innocent.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2017, 12:33:47 PM »

some dogs are assholes and it has nothing to do with how they were raised.  Granted, most asshole dogs are that way because of humans, but there are some dogs that are just assholes.  The majority of cats are assholes.  I don't know what the ratio between assholes and not in the various mammalian species, perhaps humans have more assholes than average (not as high as cats though), but I do think it's incorrect to say all animals are innocent.

Nope.
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2017, 01:38:19 PM »

If I murdered 5 people and 0 dogs, or if I murdered 0 people and 5 dogs, which would be better?

Hint: neither, because dogs are innocent but also a human life is worth way more than a dog's.

Also, because a person may at some point done something wrong, this makes then eligible for murder?
Not every human life is worth more than a dog's.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies