Okay, I admit it. I was wrong.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 05:14:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Okay, I admit it. I was wrong.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Okay, I admit it. I was wrong.  (Read 1763 times)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 12, 2017, 10:28:37 PM »

First, I'd like to apologize to Alabamans for slandering you all. Although a distribing amount still voted for the pedophile, it appears the majority of you have a conscience after all. Good job. Secondly, I'd like to apologize to all the Atlas users who thought Jones would win that I chastised and trolled.

I'll have more to say on the matter tomorrow, but for now I'll go to bed satisfied that I had the good sense to sell my Moore shares at a profit the second Tuscaloosa and Talladega came in. And of course the fact that Alabama will now have a Democratic Senator for 3 years, and the pedophile will fade away into obscurity. Feel free to use this thread to laugh at me and/or gloat.
Jeppe
Bosse
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -4.00

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2017, 10:38:00 PM »

I haven't actually made a prediction yet for this race. I predicted the VA 2017 to a tee, so let's see how I do in 48 hours or so. I'm going to predict a narrow 3 point Jones win, but I definitely feel less confident about this than my VA prediction, where I just knew that Dems were going to outperform the polls

I think the electorate will be different than what pollsters/people are expecting, especially with Republican turnout. I can certainly see a large portion of Republicans waking up on election day and despite supporting Moore, decide not to show up to the polls.

Let's celebrate, fellow Jones victory predictors!
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2017, 10:39:34 PM »

Im with ya there. I didnt think he'd win either. Hes a dead man walking in 2020, but yeah thats a huge upset tonight, like Scott Brown in 2010
Angrie

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2017, 10:41:09 PM »

First, I'd like to apologize to Alabamans for slandering you all. Although a distribing amount still voted for the pedophile, it appears the majority of you have a conscience after all. Good job. Secondly, I'd like to apologize to all the Atlas users who thought Jones would win that I chastised and trolled.

I'll have more to say on the matter tomorrow, but for now I'll go to bed satisfied that I had the good sense to sell my Moore shares at a profit the second Tuscaloosa and Talladega came in. And of course the fact that Alabama will now have a Democratic Senator for 3 years, and the pedophile will fade away into obscurity. Feel free to use this thread to laugh at me and/or gloat.

You weren't wrong. You just haven't woken up yet.
Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2017, 10:42:18 PM »

As my final prediction was still a Moore win, I too would like to apologize for doubting the people of Alabama. However, I do accept my accolades for saying that Jones had a 30% chance.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2017, 10:42:37 PM »

Im with ya there. I didnt think he'd win either. Hes a dead man walking in 2020, but yeah thats a huge upset tonight, like Scott Brown in 2010

This is exactly what it is.

As thrilled I am about the result, I can't escape thinking having Roy F-king Moore as Senator would do much more harm to the GOP come 2018 than losing this seat now.
fluffypanther19
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2017, 10:43:29 PM »

im glad that you man up and I apologize to the people of Alabama. only half of you are deplorable.  congratulation senator elect Doug jones
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2017, 10:44:35 PM »

Manchin won't be facing a pedophile, but yeah, I'll probably rethink my rating on that one.
Angrie

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2017, 10:56:37 PM »

You don't know that, and I am not sure it is a safe assumption.

That said, Manchin does have a good chance because he is a more talented politician than Blanche Lincoln and the overall political climate is very favorable for Ds.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2017, 10:58:32 PM »

I haven't actually made a prediction yet for this race. I predicted the VA 2017 to a tee, so let's see how I do in 48 hours or so. I'm going to predict a narrow 3 point Jones win, but I definitely feel less confident about this than my VA prediction, where I just knew that Dems were going to outperform the polls

I think the electorate will be different than what pollsters/people are expecting, especially with Republican turnout. I can certainly see a large portion of Republicans waking up on election day and despite supporting Moore, decide not to show up to the polls.

Let's celebrate, fellow Jones victory predictors!

Yes! I predicted Jones +1.95%, and it looks like the result will be around 1% of that. It's great that I overcame my late doubts and followed my gut. Kudos to all Jones victory predictors!
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2017, 11:06:26 PM »

I'm surprised Jones won but my view of Alabama is not repaired because there's no excuse for Moore still getting 600k votes.
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2017, 11:07:25 PM »

Damn right you were. And we can all be thankful for this.
Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2017, 11:07:32 PM »

You had the good grace to apologize, so I feel like I owe you the same. Trolling on your end or no, I had no God-given right to act like the twatmuffin I did. For that, I apologize without qualification or equivocation.

Tonight, we celebrate. Tomorrow, we keep on fighting.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2017, 11:11:48 PM »

PNM are you wiping your ass?
Former Kentuckian
Cal

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2017, 11:12:21 PM »

I'm so glad I was wrong!
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2017, 11:14:02 PM »

It's all good; no hard feelings Smiley  All I'll say is that I now accept my accolades!  
IceAgeComing
United Kingdom

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2017, 11:15:44 PM »

guys i'm sorry for predicting a 34 point moore win yesterday however i accept my acolades for saying 'there's a chance for everything, i guess'
Skye
yeah_93
YaBB God
Venezuela

« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2017, 11:16:45 PM »

The problem isn't that you were wrong. I was wrong too. But I didn't go out of my place to remind everyone in every thread how it was impossible for Jones to win because Alabama is full of racists.

You behaved in an incredibly obnoxious way, and I hope it doesn't happen again.

And it's also a reminder to IndyRep to shut up about NH once and for all because of the same reasons. Even if that's just trolling.
AtorBoltox

« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2017, 11:19:18 PM »

Let's not overstate what's happened here-Moore won the white vote by about 40 points. White Alabamans are deplorable. The only folks who can take credit for this victory are African Americans
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2017, 11:22:57 PM »

This is exactly what it is.

As thrilled I am about the result, I can't escape thinking having Roy F-king Moore as Senator would do much more harm to the GOP come 2018 than losing this seat now.

It's an extra seat, it makes it a lot easier for them to retake the Senate now. Plus not electing a pedophile to the Senate is just a normatively good thing.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2017, 11:26:12 PM »

Don't even start on that DOA crap now... maybe, probably, but truly, who the bleep knows?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2017, 11:27:31 PM »

You had the good grace to apologize, so I feel like I owe you the same. Trolling on your end or no, I had no God-given right to act like the twatmuffin I did. For that, I apologize without qualification or equivocation.

Tonight, we celebrate. Tomorrow, we keep on fighting.

Hey, thanks. Only a Democrat winning in Alabama could get us to bury the hatchet. Wink
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2017, 11:28:41 PM »

It's all good; no hard feelings Smiley  All I'll say is that I now accept my accolades!  

Honestly, you guys are being way too gracious right now. I deserve far more abuse than I'm getting, lol.
AtorBoltox

« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2017, 11:41:37 PM »

Honestly, you guys are being way too gracious right now. I deserve far more abuse than I'm getting, lol.
Nah you don't. Moore coming within two points shows how awful Alabama is
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2017, 11:43:07 PM »

The night is too great to be spiteful. Let's rejoice in the opportunities now presented.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies