ALEA IACTA EST: A Roman Republic Game (Rules, OOC and Sign Up Thread) (CLOSED)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 04:01:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  ALEA IACTA EST: A Roman Republic Game (Rules, OOC and Sign Up Thread) (CLOSED)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Author Topic: ALEA IACTA EST: A Roman Republic Game (Rules, OOC and Sign Up Thread) (CLOSED)  (Read 6269 times)
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: December 26, 2017, 03:45:26 PM »

Any chance of an extension? I’ve found activity v difficult over Christmas and surely we need a Caesar?!
I just realized there’s not a Caesar. Hmmm...

There will be an extension, but after losing Vercingetorix and Caesar so soon I have a problem I'm not sure how to solve, I just can't carry on with an NPC Caesar given the moment in the game. Not sure if the biggest issue is the time period or my way to handle the game, but a momentum loss so soon into the game is a huge problem.

Any suggestions?

There could be a fight in which, on his way home to Rome, Ceasar and his few forces are attacked by Vercingetorix...I really don't know what you mean by this. Lol
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #51 on: December 26, 2017, 03:49:19 PM »

I mean, Cesar's position is quite precarious, so maybe killing him?
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #52 on: December 26, 2017, 03:50:21 PM »

I mean, Cesar's position is quite precarious, so maybe killing him?

I meant what Lumine would like for suggestions
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #53 on: December 26, 2017, 06:09:50 PM »

Any chance of an extension? I’ve found activity v difficult over Christmas and surely we need a Caesar?!

There will be an extension, but after losing Vercingetorix and Caesar so soon I have a problem I'm not sure how to solve, I just can't carry on with an NPC Caesar given the moment in the game. Not sure if the biggest issue is the time period or my way to handle the game, but a momentum loss so soon into the game is a huge problem.

Any suggestions?

Having an NPC Caesar at this point in time, so close to when he IRL crossed the Rubicon and turned Rome upside-down, would be a disservice to the players. If there is to be a Caesar in the game, it must be a real player. Killing off Caesar is a valid idea, since it would dramatically shake up the balance of power in Rome and the World, but it would be so vastly different than IRL. Maybe that's what the game needs. If a player comes forward to play Caesar in the coming days, then let them take over and keep him alive. If not, maybe he gets killed off. Maybe Vercingetorix or another barbarian captures him as he's returning to Rome, and it is an issue the Senate has to address.

As to activity, this game isn't easy to play. Since this time period isn't a time a lot of us have a depth of knowledge on, it takes time to be involved. I have to do research before each post, PM, and decision. That makes the game better for me and makes me more interested, but I can see why some people may find it too much.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #54 on: December 26, 2017, 06:12:04 PM »

If we don't have a Ceasar by New Year's Day, think we can continue with him being captured or killed?
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #55 on: December 26, 2017, 06:13:24 PM »

Any suggestions?

Having an NPC Caesar at this point in time, so close to when he IRL crossed the Rubicon and turned Rome upside-down, would be a disservice to the players. If there is to be a Caesar in the game, it must be a real player. Killing off Caesar is a valid idea, since it would dramatically shake up the balance of power in Rome and the World, but it would be so vastly different than IRL. Maybe that's what the game needs. If a player comes forward to play Caesar in the coming days, then let them take over and keep him alive. If not, maybe he gets killed off. Maybe Vercingetorix or another barbarian captures him as he's returning to Rome, and it is an issue the Senate has to address.

As to activity, this game isn't easy to play. Since this time period isn't a time a lot of us have a depth of knowledge on, it takes time to be involved. I have to do research before each post, PM, and decision. That makes the game better for me and makes me more interested, but I can see why some people may find it too much.

I admit, some people may not be as involved and see it as too much but there are some who do love it a ton. It is really up to you as it's your game.
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #56 on: December 26, 2017, 07:30:03 PM »

Very glad I asked for a key Wink
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #57 on: December 26, 2017, 09:49:43 PM »

Right, that's certainly sensible advice, I appreciate it. Caesar will be open for the next three days (ending on Friday Night) either for new players or for current players whose roles are not absolutely crucial. If there's no claims by then, I'll have a special event ready.
YPestis25

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -6.09

« Reply #58 on: December 29, 2017, 04:41:29 PM »

What time does the turn end tonight?
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #59 on: December 29, 2017, 06:22:17 PM »

If the turn ends tonight I absolutely need an extension
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #60 on: December 29, 2017, 07:14:10 PM »

I'll be granting an extension as we lack a Caesar player and few orders have been sent. This turn will now end on January 2nd, which ought to be enough time.

For the remainder of this turn I'll allow Kingpoleon to handle Caesar, and we'll see what happens after this particular turn.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #61 on: December 29, 2017, 10:49:21 PM »

Is Kingpoleon giving up being Clodius for good, or is he playing both? Because I'm cerainly not comfortable knowing that I'm dealing with Caesar (my ally) and Clodius (my enemy) at the sime time in the same person.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #62 on: December 30, 2017, 07:50:23 PM »

Is Kingpoleon giving up being Clodius for good, or is he playing both? Because I'm cerainly not comfortable knowing that I'm dealing with Caesar (my ally) and Clodius (my enemy) at the sime time in the same person.
I’m playing Caesar only, at least for this turn. I didn’t want to, so if Clodius lives and someone else wants to join, I fully intend to give up Caesar. However, for now I am doing what GotFan has briefed me as to what he was going to do. If Clodius dies, then I will stay on as Caesar.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #63 on: December 30, 2017, 07:52:15 PM »

Both is the original idea, as it seemed like the more obvious choice for having both characters for this turn only. Other than killing Caesar and breaking the balance of the game, I can't think of a suitable alternative other than that.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #64 on: January 01, 2018, 08:04:38 PM »

Is anyone good left? I dont know too much about this time.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #65 on: January 01, 2018, 08:05:24 PM »

Is anyone good left? I dont know too much about this time.

Ceasar can still be picked up.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #66 on: January 01, 2018, 08:08:11 PM »

What the hell, If I may cross the Rubicon I would like Caeser
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #67 on: January 02, 2018, 09:53:28 AM »

Well that solved that, are we still ending tonight or giving Caesar some time to acclimate?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #68 on: January 02, 2018, 02:18:39 PM »

Well that solved that, are we still ending tonight or giving Caesar some time to acclimate?

We're still ending now, JacksonHitckcock may join at the start of the next turn so we don't delay things too much. Several players are left to send their orders, so this turn ends in exactly 26 hours. Make them count, gentlemen.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #69 on: January 03, 2018, 02:38:23 PM »

Still a few orders left to send, I'm granting five more hours. Voting is open in the senate, it will take place during the next 48 hours as I write the other turn results to be prepared in time.
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #70 on: January 04, 2018, 05:54:30 PM »

I'm very sorry. Because of holiday travel and an upcoming change in my position at my job, I haven't really been focused on the game and have let the turn pass me by. I still endeavor to continue on if possible as it really is a fascinating game concept and Lumine's execution is, as always, masterly.
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #71 on: January 09, 2018, 07:45:30 AM »

Hungry for write ups! Is the turn considered ended by now?
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #72 on: January 09, 2018, 03:02:26 PM »

Is the next turn happening soon?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #73 on: January 09, 2018, 03:16:44 PM »

Aye, it's over. I'm writing the results now.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #74 on: January 09, 2018, 03:24:48 PM »

Aye, it's over. I'm writing the results now.

Perfect.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies