Wxtransit's election coverage thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 09:52:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Wxtransit's election coverage thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 16
Author Topic: Wxtransit's election coverage thread  (Read 15336 times)
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: January 22, 2018, 01:00:45 AM »

Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #101 on: January 22, 2018, 01:00:54 AM »

While we're on the subject, I'm fairly certain Mr. Reactionary's vote is also invalid, per the federal Voting Rights Amendment:
Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

*This is not a ballot*

Note: I'm listed as blackraisin

SOUTHERN GOVERNOR

Diptheriadan - 1
Peebs - 2
Harry Truman - 3
The Commie - 4

SOUTHERN CHAMBER OF DELEGATES

Blackraisin - 1
TimTurner - 2
Fairbol - 3
Lechasseur - 4
Saint - 5
Weatherboy - 6
Razze - 7
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #102 on: January 22, 2018, 01:04:07 AM »

JustinTimeCuber's vote (though Peebs says she's counting it) is technically also invalid because he never specified what race he was voting in despite the instructions mandating that.

Doesn't affect the legislative race though.
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #103 on: January 22, 2018, 01:04:49 AM »

While we're on the subject, I'm fairly certain Mr. Reactionary's vote is also invalid, per the federal Voting Rights Amendment:

*This is not a ballot*

Note: I'm listed as blackraisin

SOUTHERN GOVERNOR

Diptheriadan - 1
Peebs - 2
Harry Truman - 3
The Commie - 4

SOUTHERN CHAMBER OF DELEGATES

Blackraisin - 1
TimTurner - 2
Fairbol - 3
Lechasseur - 4
Saint - 5
Weatherboy - 6
Razze - 7

Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #104 on: January 22, 2018, 01:07:32 AM »

JustinTimeCuber's vote (though Peebs says she's counting it) is technically also invalid because he never specified what race he was voting in despite the instructions mandating that.
Unless those instructions are backed up by statute, they're considered friendly suggestions from a legal standpoint.
Trans Rights Are Human Rights
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #105 on: January 22, 2018, 08:55:02 AM »

Damn, I knew this would be a whopper to certify, but not to this extent. Tongue
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #106 on: January 22, 2018, 09:01:13 AM »
« Edited: January 22, 2018, 09:04:31 AM by Mr. Reactionary »

I am not sure where the section you cited is coming from. The constitution listed in the Library of Congress does not contain that provision. See below.

Fourth Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia - Article I (Bill of Rights)

Section 4. The right of citizens of the Republic of Atlasia to vote shall not be denied, except in regards to persons whose account is fewer than 168 hours old, or in consequence of failing to meet such requirements for activity as may be established by law.

Section 5. No person shall be deprived of life, liberty, or property without due process of law.
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=248983.msg5327786#msg5327786

I relied on an official published constitution, which does not contain the limitation you mention. To invalidate the unambiguous vote of a voter merely for having earlier pointed out an error in the ballot which has previously cost me votes  (therefore denying me the ability to redress that injury) when the official published constitution in the Library of Congress does not prohibit me from doing so, is an affront to democracy. The intent of the voter was clear. The constitution held out by Atlasia as the law of the land in the library of congress does not say I cannot point out an error with the ballot, especially when I expressly denoted that a ballot was not being cast at the time. It is unconscionable to disenfranchise me when the Library of Congress does not report this clearly unfair rule which again, may not exist. How would I know when the official published constitution in the Library of Congress states otherwise? If I am disenfranchised, lawsuit will be forthcoming.
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #107 on: January 22, 2018, 09:09:24 AM »

I am not sure where the section you cited is coming from.
This would be the amendment Truman is citing.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #108 on: January 22, 2018, 09:24:45 AM »
« Edited: January 22, 2018, 09:26:37 AM by Mr. Reactionary »

I am not sure where the section you cited is coming from.
This would be the amendment Truman is citing.

That thread reports a constitutional amendment on june 22nd, 2017 and yet the Library of Congress was updated as late as October 2nd, 2017 without this  alleged amendment being recorded (interestingly enough by the person claiming this alleged amendment disenfranchises me despite him not bothering to update the official copy of the Constitution of record in the library of congress). This really is a due process issue, as I reasonably relied on an official government interpretation of law. And not just AN official interpretation, THE official interpretation held out by the government.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

« Reply #109 on: January 22, 2018, 09:41:13 AM »

*popcorn finished in the microwave*
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #110 on: January 22, 2018, 10:05:09 AM »

# J u s t i c e F o r R e a c t i o n a r y
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #111 on: January 22, 2018, 10:12:24 AM »

@Peebs:

Does Tim's vote count?

Technically, he was filling out his ballot when polls close, and "When you're in line (or in the process of voting) when polls close, your vote counts".

This stands out to me. It's obviously true in real life, but does the same principle of "if you're in line" count in Atlasian elections?
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #112 on: January 22, 2018, 10:13:15 AM »

@Peebs:

Does Tim's vote count?

Technically, he was filling out his ballot when polls close, and "When you're in line (or in the process of voting) when polls close, your vote counts".

This stands out to me. It's obviously true in real life, but does the same principle of "if you're in line" count in Atlasian elections?
Well, I wasn't planning on counting him, no.
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #113 on: January 22, 2018, 10:16:27 AM »

@Peebs:

Does Tim's vote count?

Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #114 on: January 22, 2018, 10:20:48 AM »

@Peebs:

Does Tim's vote count?

What if he argues that he clicked submit prior to midnight but then  the computer pinwheeled for 34 seconds. Sometimes Atlas submissions can take so long to load for me, that I have to switch tabs and do something else for a while. Given that a voter posted an unambiguous ballot at midnight  (within the minute), 34 seconds of laggy internet should not disenfranchise that voter.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #115 on: January 22, 2018, 10:28:16 AM »

@Peebs:

Does Tim's vote count?

What if he argues that he clicked submit prior to midnight but then  the computer pinwheeled for 34 seconds. Sometimes Atlas submissions can take so long to load for me, that I have to switch tabs and do something else for a while. Given that a voter posted an unambiguous ballot at midnight  (within the minute), 34 seconds of laggy internet should not disenfranchise that voter.

I can confirm.
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #116 on: January 22, 2018, 10:36:15 AM »

@Peebs:

Does Tim's vote count?

I can confirm.
Me too, but I don't think I can retroactively extend the deadline by a minute. Maybe if the extension becomes statute... Wink
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #117 on: January 22, 2018, 10:42:08 AM »

@Peebs:

Does Tim's vote count?

I can confirm.
Me too, but I don't think I can retroactively extend the deadline by a minute. Maybe if the extension becomes statute... Wink

I thought the deadline already was at the end of the 12:00 minute. Welp.
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #118 on: January 22, 2018, 11:34:58 AM »

Preemptive calculations have both the Saint and Mr. R elected at quota (thus no redistribution), with Tim and Chardee being eliminated. DTC and Bagel tie for last, with exactly four votes each (Other candidates, with 5, are presumably elected without quota). Not sure what the procedure is here.
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #119 on: January 22, 2018, 11:40:09 AM »

Preemptive calculations have both the Saint and Mr. R elected at quota (thus no redistribution), with Tim and Chardee being eliminated. DTC and Bagel tie for last, with exactly four votes each (Other candidates, with 5, are presumably elected without quota). Not sure what the procedure is here.

So TheSaint, Mr. R, Lechasseur, Razze, Weatherboy, and Fairboi are elected?
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #120 on: January 22, 2018, 11:46:25 AM »

So TheSaint, Mr. R, Lechasseur, Razze, Weatherboy, and Fairboi are elected?
Well, not Fairboi, per se. Wink
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #121 on: January 22, 2018, 11:49:16 AM »

@Peebs:

Does Tim's vote count?

I can confirm.

It wont be retroactive if in your interpretation midnight means the minute midnight. With such little guidance, you are clearly entitled to some interpretative discretion provided you are not arbitrarily disqualifying votes. I would argue that it is within your existing power to accept my vote as well as Tim's.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #122 on: January 22, 2018, 12:05:28 PM »

EVERYONE FREAK OUT.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #123 on: January 22, 2018, 12:21:49 PM »

EVERYONE FREAK OUT.

For what it is worth, I concede the seat. I have lost, and I also do not deserve this seat as of now after everything. Hopefully this will further show that I am truly sorry and promise to change Smiley.

Also congrats to all those who were elected, and I wish you all the best of luck.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #124 on: January 22, 2018, 12:27:53 PM »

EVERYONE FREAK OUT.

For what it is worth, I concede the seat. I have lost, and I also do not deserve this seat as of now after everything. Hopefully this will further show that I am truly sorry and promise to change Smiley.

Also congrats to all those who were elected, and I wish you all the best of luck.

I wouldn't concede yet. You're tied with DTC. What I was saying was not in relation to your potential election, but in relation to the closeness of the race for control of the Chamber.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 16  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies