Which wing of the GOP do you like more
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 11:39:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Which wing of the GOP do you like more
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Which wing of the GOP do you like more/View as lesser of two evils
The Establishment Wing

The Nationalist/Populist Wing

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 60

Author Topic: Which wing of the GOP do you like more  (Read 1447 times)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 08, 2017, 06:40:54 PM »

For me, this is easily the establishment wing.

In my opinion, even George W Bush is clearly better than Trump or any Republican from his wing, and people like Mitt Romney would actually be great presidents(while on one from the Trump wing would).
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2017, 06:49:20 PM »

I guess the establishment, since they're not nationalistic. But both are terrible right now.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2017, 06:50:15 PM »

The only arguable difference - aside from rhetoric - between the two 'wings' (not really a thing, but whatever) is that the traditional ruling class of the GOP favors a. limited immigration reform so that a permanent underclass of easily-exploitable undocumented workers remains intact and b. "free trade" for the most part.

Giving illegal immigrants the pathway to live here permanently but not become citizens is not making them a permanent underclass.

They will still get all the same labor rights any citizen gets.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2017, 07:36:20 PM »

I hate the fallacy that those are the two wings of the Republican Party.  If I HAD to choose, I guess the "establishment" (whatever that means), but I like the movement conservative/Heritage Foundation/Freedom Caucus wing best.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2017, 07:42:11 PM »

Establishment wing. Kasich 2020!
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2017, 07:42:29 PM »

SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2017, 08:31:03 PM »

Establishment wing, of course
AtorBoltox

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2017, 08:45:01 PM »

Only difference between establishment wing and populist wing is that populist wing doesn’t have good manners
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2017, 08:49:27 PM »

Establishment (Normal Democrat)
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2017, 09:48:44 PM »

Populist, minus the Freedom Caucus
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2017, 09:53:46 PM »

Bernie wing
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2017, 10:04:24 PM »

TPIG
ThatConservativeGuy
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 1.91

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2017, 10:34:33 PM »

I hate the fallacy that those are the two wings of the Republican Party.  If I HAD to choose, I guess the "establishment" (whatever that means), but I like the movement conservative/Heritage Foundation/Freedom Caucus wing best.

I agree. Though it seems that the meaning of "establishment" has changed since the rise of Trump/the Nationalists. Now, however wrong it may be, even conservative champions like Ted Cruz and Mike Lee are seemingly considered "establishment" Republicans because they aren't Bannonite nationalists. Given the old dichotomy of the establishment vs movement conservatives, I would choose movement conservatives. However, since it now seems that those two wings have largely (though not entirely) coalesced into one since the rise of Trump, the establishment is now my go-to wing of the party.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2017, 11:32:36 PM »

They are both equally despicable.
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2017, 12:18:15 AM »

There are no wings, only appendages, to the monstrosity of the GOP.
dw93
DWL
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2017, 12:40:41 AM »

Write in: Rockefeller wing
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2017, 12:44:52 AM »

There’s no difference between the “wings” ideologically. President Rubio would be doing the exact same things Trump is doing. The only difference is rhetoric, which is why I prefer the anti-establishment nutjobs. They let you know what kind of scum they are upfront. Establishment Republicans hide it behind a veneer of something approaching humanity. But they vote the same way, and hold the same beliefs.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2017, 12:48:57 AM »

There’s no difference between the “wings” ideologically. President Rubio would be doing the exact same things Trump is doing. The only difference is rhetoric, which is why I prefer the anti-establishment nutjobs. They let you know what kind of scum they are upfront. Establishment Republicans hide it behind a veneer of something approaching humanity. But they vote the same way, and hold the same beliefs.

Marco Rubio wouldnt be racist, anti-immigrant, crazy, anti-trade which is the main reasons why Trump sucks .

Rubio would govern like a more competent version of George W Bush.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2017, 12:51:48 AM »

Marco Rubio wouldnt be racist, anti-immigrant, crazy, anti-trade which is the main reasons why Trump sucks .

Yeah, but still – most of the Trump presidency hasn't been focused on trade and immigration, while those are his main talking points most of the action has been with two things: healthcare and taxes. Rubio voted for both and would support both. Trump strongly supported both.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2017, 12:57:46 AM »

Yeah, but still – most of the Trump presidency hasn't been focused on trade and immigration, while those are his main talking points most of the action has been with two things: healthcare and taxes. Rubio voted for both and would support both. Trump strongly supported both.

Rubio though probably wouldnt have demanded the mandate repeal get slipped in with tax reform though. He also probably doesnt get rid of SALT(since a Rubio would not win the same way trump won , and his victory would come due to the suburbs). So his tax plan easily passes, and its a much better one as well.

OCare repeal, again Rubio probably doesnt press it as much as Trump does .
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2017, 01:01:03 AM »

Rubio though probably wouldnt have demanded the mandate repeal get slipped in with tax reform though. He also probably doesnt get rid of SALT(since a Rubio would not win the same way trump won , and his victory would come due to the suburbs). So his tax plan easily passes, and its a much better one as well.

I think that Obamacare would be repealed under a President Rubio because I think he would have done a better job at working with Congress to make it happen.  There is also no way that Planned Parenthood would still be federally funded.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2017, 01:04:56 AM »

I think that Obamacare would be repealed under a President Rubio because I think he would have done a better job at working with Congress to make it happen.  There is also no way that Planned Parenthood would still be federally funded.

Well the problem was Ryancare would have thrown millions of people of health insurance and there is no way you could have let a bill like that pass. Unless Rubio is more involved in writing the proposal, and makes sure his bill actually covers more people there is no way OCare gets repealed.
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.13

« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2017, 04:13:26 AM »

President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2017, 05:52:55 AM »

The establishment, though both suck. The good GOP wing, the Rockefeller Republicans, are sadly gone.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2017, 07:32:58 AM »

Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies