Department of State
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 12:24:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Department of State
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Department of State  (Read 4240 times)
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 22, 2017, 08:11:12 AM »

After negotiations, the government of Mozambique is interested in adopting a free trade agreement with Atlasia. I will post the treaty in the legislative referral thread by next week for the Senate to vote on ratification.

In general, I am a skeptic of universal free trade and support measures to protect Atlasian interests during trade negotiations. That being said, I believe free trade with Mozambique IS in the best interest of Atlasia. The predominate exports of Mozambique are commodities which often aren't produced in large quantities in Atlasia due to climate and geological concentration. Additionally, Mozambique has a small industrial base, meaning this agreement will boost our own exports of manufactured goods. I believe this agreement will also begin the process of repairing our image in Sub-Saharan Africa. During the 1980s Mozambique was temporarily one of the poorest countries in the war due to our backing proxies in a civil war. Since then, Mozambique has renounced marxism, violence has dropped exponentially, and free elections regularly occur. The treaty will exclude BIS controlled technology from export and be phased in over 15 months.

While not part of the treaty, I will disclose that the President and myself have pledged to use Atlasian influence with the IMF and World Bank to help Mozambique finance a LNG terminal so that they may begin exporting their untapped gas reserves.

I will gladly take any questions from the Senate once the treaty is introduced. Thank you.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2017, 03:30:26 AM »

Mr. Secretary,

While understanding of the transition at the GM department, what is the progress on the implementation of this statute?

It was one of the things on Snowguy's plate when he left.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2017, 01:52:17 PM »

The text of the Atlasia-Mozambique Free Trade Agreement has been posted in the Legislative referral thread, found here: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=208051.msg5928297#msg5928297

As I said above, we believe this treaty is a good first step in building goodwill in Africa and will benefit both countries with minimal side effects. Feel free to direct any questions about it here, or in the debate thread for the treaty once listed. Thank you.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2017, 01:57:34 PM »

Mr. Secretary,

While understanding of the transition at the GM department, what is the progress on the implementation of this statute?

It was one of the things on Snowguy's plate when he left.

I will begin working on this and provide notice once I've named the commissioners.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2018, 07:52:42 PM »

In accordance with Reforming and Regionalizing Public Healthcare Act of 2017, I am issuing the following Departmental directives.

1.) The Secretary of State was tasked by statute to analyze the current VA system in light of Atlascare and make efficiency and cost saving recommendations. As all current and former veterans are eligible for federal Atlascare participation, the Veteran’s Health Administration in the sub-department of Veterans Affairs has largely become redundant. Pretty much all hospitals participate in the federal Atlascare program. It seems unnecessary for the VA to own and operate the number of hospitals in our current portfolio, when there are adequate private market substitutes.. Requiring veterans to seek care at only VA facilities is what led to the recent rationing scandal. As all Veterans are enrolled in federal Atlascare, they now have access to a much deeper medical provider network, which should result in our Veterans having more choice and flexibility in seeking treatment, as well as preventing future rationing.

Therefore, I hereby recommend that all VA medical facilities become independent chartered non-profit hospitals or clinics, with the following 43 exceptions:

The Regional flagship hospitals in: Bedford, MA;  Albany, NY; the Bronx, NY; Pittsburgh, PA; Linthicum, MD; Durham, NC; Duluth, GA; St. Petersburg, FL; Nashville, TN; Cincinnati, OH; Ann Arbor, MI; Hines, IL; Kansas City, MO; Ridgeland, MS; Arlington, TX; Mesa, AZ; Glendale, CO; Vancouver, WA; Mare Island, CA; Long Beach, CA; Minneapolis, MN; and Lincoln, NE.

The Amputee treatment centers located in: Denver, CO; Palo Alto, CA; Richmond, VA; Seattle, WA; and Tampa, FL.

The Washington D.C. Veterans Center.

The Pine Ridge Veterans Center in SD.

The Honolulu, Hilo, Lihue, Kailua-Kona, Kahului, and Wailuku Veterans Centers in HI.

The Kennai and Soldotna Veterans Centers in AK.

The Hagatna and Agana Heights Veterans Centers in Guam.

The Pago Pago Veterans Center in American Samoa.

The St. Croix and St. Thomas Veterans Centers in the American Virgin Islands.

The San Juan Veterans Center in Puerto Rico.

2.) This will result in the termination of VA management and control over 1,215 existing facilities, but not the total elimination of the VHA. I will be seeking GM estimates of how long the transition from federal to chartered non-profit hospital status should take. Additionally, I will be seeking GM estimates on how much cost savings will accrue to the federal government. Prior to Atlascare, the VHA employed close to 300,000 persons and cost $65 Billion per year. I will be seeking GM estimates on how many employees will need to remain in the VHA to adequately staff the 43 facilities we are maintaining, as well as to maintain an adequate number of case workers to ensure that our Veterans get help enrolling in Atlascare and that their payment claims are processed correctly.

3.) Any Veteran who struggles to find adequate medical treatment due to a total lack of nearby hospitals or medical clinics, may seek treatment at any Military hospital.

4.) Any Veteran who receives treatment for burns or complications related from burns may seek treatment at any Military hospital with a burn center.   

5.) All remaining VHA Facilities must offer a treatment program for PTSD.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2018, 09:18:26 PM »

Another sad example of corporate bigwigs selling out Atlasian interests for... Mozambique?

Do you at least promise that Atlasia never gets even remotely involved in any side of a theoretical future battle in southern Africa? Atlasia is getting tired of the people at the top messing around in other countries as teachers have to pay for the bare minimum of school supplies and textbooks because the school districts are not funded enough to provide adequate resources for our children's future.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2018, 09:41:37 AM »

Another sad example of corporate bigwigs selling out Atlasian interests for... Mozambique?

Do you at least promise that Atlasia never gets even remotely involved in any side of a theoretical future battle in southern Africa? Atlasia is getting tired of the people at the top messing around in other countries as teachers have to pay for the bare minimum of school supplies and textbooks because the school districts are not funded enough to provide adequate resources for our children's future.

Wat?
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2018, 11:10:11 AM »

Wat?

I believe DTC is concerned that a free trade agreement between Atlasia and Mozambique could possibly result in a diplomatic/military entanglement in southern Africa in the unforeseeable future. While I don't share his concerns I tried my best to translate his words
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2018, 01:05:45 PM »

In accordance with the Fiscal Responsibility in our Military Act, I hereby appoint the following 15 persons to the Military Base Inspection Commission to investigate and recommend the closure of excess foreign military bases:

Joel White of Virginia
Michael Cagle of Virginia
Cody Sigmon of North Carolina
Jay Griffin of Tennessee
Jane Rabitobitz of Florida
Richard Swett of New Hampshire
Connolly Colbert of Massachusetts
John Ross of Missouri
Catherine LeClede of Texas
Charles Baldwin of Montana
Betsy Markey of Colorado
Timothy O'Sullivan of California
William Holman of California
Jean Tang of Washington
Ashley Lioko of Hawaii

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=260024.msg5558781#msg5558781
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2018, 07:39:09 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2018, 10:25:35 PM »

I am a bit tardy in announcing this, but Atlasia will be opening embassies in Bhutan, Cape Verde, the Maldives, Montenegro, and Grenada. We hope these new embassies will enable Atlasia to maintain our strong ties to the many nations of the world.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2018, 08:36:20 PM »

Mr. Secretary,

So sorry if this information is elsewhere, but I was rather curious about the issue of Venezuela (and Cuba as well).

I'm well aware the latest Foreign Relations Review notes a degree of extended sanctions against the Bolivarian leadership as well as the usual military restrictions (yet not economic ones) against Cuba, but I was curious as to what the Administration was doing or intended to do beyond that.

May I ask what is the overall short and long term policy of the administration regarding Venezuela and Cuba, what efforts are being undertaken to address the grave human rights violations and authoritarian (fully totalitarian in the case of Cuba) nature of these particular nations, and whether the Administration would consider going further than the current level of sanctions?
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2018, 04:00:23 PM »

Mr. Secretary,

So sorry if this information is elsewhere, but I was rather curious about the issue of Venezuela (and Cuba as well).

I'm well aware the latest Foreign Relations Review notes a degree of extended sanctions against the Bolivarian leadership as well as the usual military restrictions (yet not economic ones) against Cuba, but I was curious as to what the Administration was doing or intended to do beyond that.

May I ask what is the overall short and long term policy of the administration regarding Venezuela and Cuba, what efforts are being undertaken to address the grave human rights violations and authoritarian (fully totalitarian in the case of Cuba) nature of these particular nations, and whether the Administration would consider going further than the current level of sanctions?

I would also like to hear the government's view on Venezuela and Cuba
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2018, 07:06:23 AM »

I am reposting the President's recent foreign policy remarks, which include discussion about Cuba and Venezuela, per both of yalls request.

President fhtagn discusses her administration's foreign policy stances

An issue that seems to have come up much more recently in this election cycle is my administration's foreign policy stances, and there seems to be much confusion over where I stand when it comes to such issues.

It's common knowledge that I served as Vice President during the short-term Goldwater Presidency, where the most notorious part of it's history will be known as the start of the Second Korean War. I've spoken out many times since taking the Oath of Office about how this was not a decision I would have made had I been in the same position, and many of my advisers have come out saying the same. There appears to be a common misconception that because this was a war inherited upon my ascension to office, that my foreign policy stance is hawkish in nature. Today I am here to dispel that myth, and set the record straight.

Since taking office, every decision I made in regards to the Second Korean War have been made with the best interests of Atlasia in mind. One of the first actions I took after filling necessary positions was to reinstate the National Security Council (NSC), where I would have the opportunity to work with a close group of advisers on decision making in regards to the war and our foreign relations. We worked tirelessly just about every day discussing our options which led to keeping us out of war with China and Russia as well, and even earning China as an ally. We waited until there was very clear action taken against the Atlasian people, when North Korean forces attacked Guam, before we fully committed to our involvement in the war. Once in the war, we regularly worked with Former Game Moderator 1184AZ to discuss deals that could be made to end the war quickly, and to show that we were willing to support our allies, new and old, and to show North Korea that they should not let that one mistake define how they view Atlasia.

While the war ended quickly, we've seen the effects that it has taken on the region, with the current North Korean Civil War. Prior to announcing for re-election, I came out in support of our allies in South Korea and Japan, and acknowledged the People's Republic of Korea as North Korea's true government. But we must not make the same mistakes we made in the last war again. This is why after discussing options with Secretary of State Reactionary, we will not be planning to send our forces into the region, but will be extending our offer of assistance in the humanitarian crisis that the region faces as a result of these wars, and holding up our ends of the post-war deal in assisting our allies with medical and food aid. Our hope, should this move be accepted, is that we will not only maintain our relationships with our current allies, but that we will be able to provide an opportunity to have a stable relationship with the new North Korean government, and finally end the tensions we have faced for decades.

I have also worked with Secretary of State Reactionary on several other key foreign policy decisions, such as our recent free trade agreement with Mozambique, the closure of 25% of our foreign military bases, opening of new embassies to repair our image on the world stage and to maintain our relations with several nations around the world, and several others enacted and still in the works. Along with repairing our relationships, we have also taken a look at where we should hold others accountable for their actions. An example of this was when the barbaric actions taken by Saudi Arabia in the mass execution of defenseless citizens, where it was decided the best course of action we should take was to freeze their assets in Atlasia, and immediately suspend all forms of foreign aid (including military). We have also been taking a look at how we will handle other nations, such as Venezuela and Cuba. While this is certainly not something that can be implemented overnight, we fully plan to maintain our current sanctions and policies against these nations, boost our own oil and tobacco exports to depress the revenue of Venezuela and Cuba, maintain our military presence in Guantanamo, increasing our presence in our NATO base in Netherlands Antilles, and working to shepherd our friends in the Bahamas into NATO. We will continue to let them know that their tyrannical reach only extends as far as its own territory. The people of Cuba and Venezuela are our brothers and sisters. That anyone in the Americas should be denied freedom is an outrage, and we will certainly not participate the enslavement of a people so close to our own home.

My fellow Atlasians, you can rest assured that this administration is not an administration looking to start unnecessary conflicts. This is not an administration that has led or will lead us into wars that lead us nowhere, and puts the lives of our people at risk. This is an administration that is committed to more responsible approaches to how we work with other nations, to repairing our image that has been tainted by pointless wars and other foreign policy blunders. With your support, we can continue the work that has been done. Under this administration, it is my hope that people around the world can hear "Atlasia", and truly think of us as a great nation committed to helping all people.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2018, 04:43:29 PM »

Mr. Secretary,

What concrete actions will the Department of State and the Administration take regarding the following news coming from Korea?

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2018, 05:22:10 PM »

Since it's been a week I feel it necessary to press again. Any comment on the matter, Mr. Secretary?
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2018, 07:14:50 PM »

Sorry, didn't notice the first request.

The President and I are working on rerouting distribution of future aid through our military in S. Korea. Additionally, if Congress is interested in appropriating additional humanitarian aid, this administration is not opposed.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2018, 07:57:34 PM »

Sorry, didn't notice the first request.

The President and I are working on rerouting distribution of future aid through our military in S. Korea. Additionally, if Congress is interested in appropriating additional humanitarian aid, this administration is not opposed.

Thank you for the reply, Mr. Secretary, I'll try to draft a bill on the subject as well.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2018, 10:15:51 PM »

Mr. Secretary, could I ask what is the official position of the Administration regarding the Chinese invasion of Korea, and could the nation expect an update or statement of sorts in the coming days?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies