fhtagn/PiT: Thank you, Atlasia!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 23, 2024, 02:42:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  fhtagn/PiT: Thank you, Atlasia!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Author Topic: fhtagn/PiT: Thank you, Atlasia!  (Read 4861 times)
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2018, 04:46:52 AM »

Question; Does fiscal responsibiluty involve increasing revenue or only cutting spending?

The whole point of fiscal responsibility is ensuring that your revenues and expenditures are equal. It is not solely one or the other. When we are spending more money than we have, we have a deficit. When we are taking in more money than we are spending, we have a surplus. You don't want either of those two things.

While we don't have a completely established budget to present at this time, it looks very likely that we will be looking at a fairly large deficit. This means that we will likely have to cut spending from somewhere, and make sure that programs we are putting in place have a means of funding to avoid adding to the deficit. We cannot afford to shell out billions we do not have, and our people cannot afford to have additional unnecessary taxes burdening them just for the sake of funding unsustainable programs.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2018, 07:20:15 AM »

Question; Does fiscal responsibiluty involve increasing revenue or only cutting spending?

The whole point of fiscal responsibility is ensuring that your revenues and expenditures are equal. It is not solely one or the other. When we are spending more money than we have, we have a deficit. When we are taking in more money than we are spending, we have a surplus. You don't want either of those two things.

While we don't have a completely established budget to present at this time, it looks very likely that we will be looking at a fairly large deficit. This means that we will likely have to cut spending from somewhere, and make sure that programs we are putting in place have a means of funding to avoid adding to the deficit. We cannot afford to shell out billions we do not have, and our people cannot afford to have additional unnecessary taxes burdening them just for the sake of funding unsustainable programs.

But this is supposed to be a game. Are you telling me we cant just make up wild claims about passing trillion dollar infrastructure bills and giving everyone free healthcare and housing and expensive cars without finding ways to pay for them? Thats not fun. I should be able to just babble on about how I can wave my magic progressive wand and all of a sudden taxes will be cut, leftist policies will be the law, and everything will be free to boot, without you reality police raining on my parade.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2018, 02:43:58 PM »

Given your comments about my modest revenue increase(that affects only a tiny minority of Atlasians) to fund a great advance for all Atlasians, it's clear 'fiscal responsibility' really means spending cuts. This demonstrates the real conservative agenda of the Federalists, defying the progressive majority of Atlasians. Well, quite frankly, it's not 'responsible' to lack a vision for the future and to cut the services that Atlasians depend on.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #53 on: January 29, 2018, 03:32:49 PM »

Given your comments about my modest revenue increase(that affects only a tiny minority of Atlasians) to fund a great advance for all Atlasians, it's clear 'fiscal responsibility' really means spending cuts. This demonstrates the real conservative agenda of the Federalists, defying the progressive majority of Atlasians. Well, quite frankly, it's not 'responsible' to lack a vision for the future and to cut the services that Atlasians depend on.

Raising taxes on the rich and banks cannot fund everything you wish to accomplish. That is the cold hard truth that you cannot see because you're too busy with your head in the clouds, looking at unoriginal and unsustainable ideas.

I'm not sure where you get the idea that I support cutting services Atlasians need, because there is absolutely nothing I said,  nor anything in my record in any office I've held, that would suggest that.

You're gonna need to come up with some better ways to attack me than outright lying and doing a very weak impression of Bernie Sanders.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2018, 04:01:25 PM »

Well if you can't support any revenue increase even a reasonable and small one then that you'd need to abandon paygo or harshly cut spending. I've never ruled out spending cuts, if savings can be mad in the budget that are reasonable I'll make them. But it's a question of priorities and I won't use paygo as an excuse to have big spending cuts(which is inevitable with no revenue increases).
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #55 on: January 29, 2018, 04:07:00 PM »
« Edited: January 29, 2018, 04:09:36 PM by President fhtagn »

Well if you can't support any revenue increase even a reasonable and small one then that you'd need to abandon paygo or harshly cut spending. I've never ruled out spending cuts, if savings can be mad in the budget that are reasonable I'll make them. But it's a question of priorities and I won't use paygo as an excuse to have big spending cuts(which is inevitable with no revenue increases).

Who said I don't support any revenue increase?

If you can't be bothered to actually research what I have done and what I supported, I suggest you sit down, and actually read up on it before you reply again. You're just making a fool of yourself at this point, and even I'm starting to feel bad for you.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #56 on: January 29, 2018, 04:28:09 PM »
« Edited: January 29, 2018, 04:29:45 PM by President fhtagn »

Let me go ahead and start by throwing the biggest wrench I have into your plan to make low quality attacks that aren't based in truth...

Here is my White House thread:
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=272198.0

I highly suggest you take a look at it before you continue posting.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #57 on: January 29, 2018, 04:30:49 PM »

Fyi my tax changes were derived directly from Hillary's platform not Bernie's and I didn't even include other changes like the estate tax changes, capital gains tax changes and income tax changes. Yet. And while you can demonize my positions it just makes you look bad and makes your whole being a  progressive act look like a fraud. So hopefully you can try to be rational on the issues in future.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #58 on: January 29, 2018, 04:34:23 PM »

Also try not to lecture me on substance when my campaign has far more substance than your last campaign and it seems this campaign too. I have a vision for Atlasia that is reasonable and can be supported by a majority of Atlasians and you don't. And I'm honest about my platform and the choice we face and I hope you can be too.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #59 on: January 29, 2018, 04:36:28 PM »

Fyi my tax changes were derived directly from Hillary's platform not Bernie's and I didn't even include other changes like the estate tax changes, capital gains tax changes and income tax changes. Yet. And while you can demonize my positions it just makes you look bad and makes your whole being a  progressive act look like a fraud. So hopefully you can try to be rational on the issues in future.

I'm not pretending to be a progressive, but nice try. It seems you're the one trying to convince yourself and others into believing you're something you aren't, since you can't stop saying "progressive" in every statement you make, offering little meaning to it.

We already went over this before: get back to us when you have real substance and add more than just "progressive" to your vocabulary.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #60 on: January 29, 2018, 04:41:56 PM »

Also try not to lecture me on substance when my campaign has far more substance than your last campaign and it seems this campaign too. I have a vision for Atlasia that is reasonable and can be supported by a majority of Atlasians and you don't. And I'm honest about my platform and the choice we face and I hope you can be too.

Your "vision" is just piggybacking off of the ideas of already established Atlasian politicians (such as Lumine), and bogus talking points with no real meaning like "I'm a progressive, vote for me because we need progressives who do progressive things. muhhh progressive." And unlike you, I actually have proof from your own statements to back that attack.

Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #61 on: January 29, 2018, 04:57:22 PM »

Stupid right wing president trying to regulate pesticides and fund native cultural centers and cut military spending.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #62 on: January 29, 2018, 05:39:20 PM »

The question is where the funding comes from. I'm confident Atlasians prefer more taxes on the rich to cutting spending that benefits them. I have offered a detailed vision and policies for Atlasia, and I'm proud to stand by it. I just hope the Federalists can debate my actual campaign and not their caricature of it.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #63 on: January 29, 2018, 05:40:26 PM »
« Edited: January 29, 2018, 05:42:31 PM by President fhtagn »

The question is where the funding comes from. I'm confident Atlasians prefer more taxes on the rich to cutting spending that benefits them. I have offered a detailed vision and policies for Atlasia, and I'm proud to stand by it. I just hope the Federalists can debate my actual campaign and not their caricature of it.

We are debating your actual campaign, you are just too blind to see the flaws.

I also suggest looking at this:
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=273425.msg6033350#msg6033350

You won't be able to fix that by taxing the rich, no matter how much you pretend you can.
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #64 on: January 29, 2018, 05:41:47 PM »

I have a question on Sexual Education in Public Schools.

In current law, is Homosexual Sex taught as well as Heterosexual Sex?  If it is not, what will you do to address this if you're reelected as President?
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #65 on: January 29, 2018, 05:51:34 PM »

It's only been a few days and already you're racking up lies upon lies in your campaign. Tbh it's like IRL Donald Trump with the level of dishonesty. I've run an issues based honest and visionary campaign and it's your fault if you can't handle that it's gaining traction.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #66 on: January 29, 2018, 06:03:22 PM »

It's only been a few days and already you're racking up lies upon lies in your campaign. Tbh it's like IRL Donald Trump with the level of dishonesty. I've run an issues based honest and visionary campaign and it's your fault if you can't handle that it's gaining traction.

Where have I been dishonest? Like I said, my claims against you are purely based on your own words, which I can happily provide.

I have asked you on more than one occasion to provide evidence of the claims you are making against me and my party, and every single time you have failed to do so. If you claim to be running an honest campaign, provide proof to back your attacks.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #67 on: January 29, 2018, 06:22:42 PM »

Tbh it's like IRL Donald Trump with the level of dishonesty. I've run an issues based honest and visionary campaign and it's your fault if you can't handle that it's gaining traction.

You are the one who sounds exactly like IRL Donald Trump. You conflate 2 opposite foreign policy philosophies, blame labor failures on the wrong party, just straight up lie about some secret federalist agenda that doesnt actually exist, and present bumper sticker slogans as though they are the same as a 600 word bill you have written, and then snarl and claim you are being unfairly attacked when presented with reality.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #68 on: January 29, 2018, 06:25:01 PM »

Pericles, you really look like you're grasping at this point.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #69 on: January 30, 2018, 12:05:46 PM »

In current law, is Homosexual Sex taught as well as Heterosexual Sex?  If it is not, what will you do to address this if you're reelected as President?

To the best of my knowledge, I don't believe there is anything about it under current law.

That being said, I don't really think the details about whether or not sex is heterosexual or homosexual is really the most important aspect of sex education. Most sex education courses cover things like STDs, Reproduction, Anatomy of Sex Organs, and Contraception (which of course would include condoms for protection from many things, not just preventing pregnancy), which are things that already apply to both heterosexual and homosexual sex. 

If a region's curriculum does go into that sort of detail in their sex education courses, I'd be willing to work with my Secretary of Internal Affairs and Regional leaders to ensure that if one is covered, then so should the other, but I don't think it should be something forced on all Regions by the Federal Government, since not all regions include the details about sex in their curriculum.
DFL

« Reply #70 on: January 30, 2018, 12:11:48 PM »

To the best of my knowledge, I don't believe there is anything about it under current law.

That being said, I don't really think the details about whether or not sex is heterosexual or homosexual is really the most important aspect of sex education. Most sex education courses cover things like STDs, Reproduction, Anatomy of Sex Organs, and Contraception (which of course would include condoms for protection from many things, not just preventing pregnancy), which are things that already apply to both heterosexual and homosexual sex. 

If a region's curriculum does go into that sort of detail in their sex education courses, I'd be willing to work with my Secretary of Internal Affairs and Regional leaders to ensure that if one is covered, then so should the other, but I don't think it should be something forced on all Regions by the Federal Government, since not all regions include the details about sex in their curriculum.

Fremont passed a law this session regarding Sexual Education in which LGBTQ+ sexual health and acceptance was included. The full text can be found here
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #71 on: February 02, 2018, 12:25:18 AM »

President fhtagn discusses her administration's foreign policy stances

An issue that seems to have come up much more recently in this election cycle is my administration's foreign policy stances, and there seems to be much confusion over where I stand when it comes to such issues.

It's common knowledge that I served as Vice President during the short-term Goldwater Presidency, where the most notorious part of it's history will be known as the start of the Second Korean War. I've spoken out many times since taking the Oath of Office about how this was not a decision I would have made had I been in the same position, and many of my advisers have come out saying the same. There appears to be a common misconception that because this was a war inherited upon my ascension to office, that my foreign policy stance is hawkish in nature. Today I am here to dispel that myth, and set the record straight.

Since taking office, every decision I made in regards to the Second Korean War have been made with the best interests of Atlasia in mind. One of the first actions I took after filling necessary positions was to reinstate the National Security Council (NSC), where I would have the opportunity to work with a close group of advisers on decision making in regards to the war and our foreign relations. We worked tirelessly just about every day discussing our options which led to keeping us out of war with China and Russia as well, and even earning China as an ally. We waited until there was very clear action taken against the Atlasian people, when North Korean forces attacked Guam, before we fully committed to our involvement in the war. Once in the war, we regularly worked with Former Game Moderator 1184AZ to discuss deals that could be made to end the war quickly, and to show that we were willing to support our allies, new and old, and to show North Korea that they should not let that one mistake define how they view Atlasia.

While the war ended quickly, we've seen the effects that it has taken on the region, with the current North Korean Civil War. Prior to announcing for re-election, I came out in support of our allies in South Korea and Japan, and acknowledged the People's Republic of Korea as North Korea's true government. But we must not make the same mistakes we made in the last war again. This is why after discussing options with Secretary of State Reactionary, we will not be planning to send our forces into the region, but will be extending our offer of assistance in the humanitarian crisis that the region faces as a result of these wars, and holding up our ends of the post-war deal in assisting our allies with medical and food aid. Our hope, should this move be accepted, is that we will not only maintain our relationships with our current allies, but that we will be able to provide an opportunity to have a stable relationship with the new North Korean government, and finally end the tensions we have faced for decades.

I have also worked with Secretary of State Reactionary on several other key foreign policy decisions, such as our recent free trade agreement with Mozambique, the closure of 25% of our foreign military bases, opening of new embassies to repair our image on the world stage and to maintain our relations with several nations around the world, and several others enacted and still in the works. Along with repairing our relationships, we have also taken a look at where we should hold others accountable for their actions. An example of this was when the barbaric actions taken by Saudi Arabia in the mass execution of defenseless citizens, where it was decided the best course of action we should take was to freeze their assets in Atlasia, and immediately suspend all forms of foreign aid (including military). We have also been taking a look at how we will handle other nations, such as Venezuela and Cuba. While this is certainly not something that can be implemented overnight, we fully plan to maintain our current sanctions and policies against these nations, boost our own oil and tobacco exports to depress the revenue of Venezuela and Cuba, maintain our military presence in Guantanamo, increasing our presence in our NATO base in Netherlands Antilles, and working to shepherd our friends in the Bahamas into NATO. We will continue to let them know that their tyrannical reach only extends as far as its own territory. The people of Cuba and Venezuela are our brothers and sisters. That anyone in the Americas should be denied freedom is an outrage, and we will certainly not participate the enslavement of a people so close to our own home.

My fellow Atlasians, you can rest assured that this administration is not an administration looking to start unnecessary conflicts. This is not an administration that has led or will lead us into wars that lead us nowhere, and puts the lives of our people at risk. This is an administration that is committed to more responsible approaches to how we work with other nations, to repairing our image that has been tainted by pointless wars and other foreign policy blunders. With your support, we can continue the work that has been done. Under this administration, it is my hope that people around the world can hear "Atlasia", and truly think of us as a great nation committed to helping all people.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #72 on: February 04, 2018, 02:38:35 AM »

Hottest ticket ever! Wink
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #73 on: February 04, 2018, 03:39:55 AM »

have you ever seen a picture of Goldwater?
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #74 on: February 04, 2018, 04:25:39 AM »

Libertarians are hawt! Wink
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies