Indictment-O-Rama Megathread: Mueller indicts 13 Russians
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 05:00:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Indictment-O-Rama Megathread: Mueller indicts 13 Russians
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 ... 82
Author Topic: Indictment-O-Rama Megathread: Mueller indicts 13 Russians  (Read 172342 times)
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #550 on: November 03, 2017, 10:48:12 PM »

Yikes!
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #551 on: November 03, 2017, 11:33:14 PM »

How many people would protest the firing of Mueller?

I would
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #552 on: November 03, 2017, 11:35:42 PM »

TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #553 on: November 04, 2017, 09:06:01 AM »

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #554 on: November 04, 2017, 08:24:56 PM »

Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #555 on: November 05, 2017, 10:43:55 AM »

NBC is reporting that Mueller has enough evidence to indict both Mike Flynn and his son.

“LOCK HER UP!!!”
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #556 on: November 05, 2017, 11:01:40 AM »

I guess this should be the de facto Mueller charges megathread. Anyway, I hope these charges come tomorrow, would be great timing.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #557 on: November 05, 2017, 11:04:52 AM »
« Edited: November 05, 2017, 11:06:38 AM by Frodo »

This is indeed the most frightening time of the year for Trump.  Mueller timed his releases well -I don't suppose it's a coincidence that when he announced his indictments, it was the week of Halloween, as well as the Mexican Day of the Dead.

Foreshadowing the end of Trump's Presidency, perhaps? 
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #558 on: November 05, 2017, 11:17:34 AM »

This is indeed the most frightening time of the year for Trump.  Mueller timed his releases well -I don't suppose it's a coincidence that when he announced his indictments, it was the week of Halloween, as well as the Mexican Day of the Dead.

Foreshadowing the end of Trump's Presidency, perhaps? 

Doesnt hurt that Trump is in Asia.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #559 on: November 05, 2017, 12:16:52 PM »

NBC is reporting that Mueller has enough evidence to indict both Mike Flynn and his son.

“LOCK HER UP!!!”

Robert Mueller sure as hell is draining the swamp, huh?
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #560 on: November 05, 2017, 12:45:06 PM »

“LOCK HER UP!!!”

If this is the case and the indictments come down tomorrow, Mondays are sure looking like a great time of the week.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #561 on: November 05, 2017, 01:17:22 PM »

“LOCK HER UP!!!”

Karma is a b!tch, isn't it? Man, looks like it could be another bad week for the deplorables.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #562 on: November 05, 2017, 01:36:40 PM »

I guess this should be the de facto Mueller charges megathread. Anyway, I hope these charges come tomorrow, would be great timing.

I concur, and it is time to change the title to recognize that the charges from last week might not be the last. Paul Man-o'-Fraud was simply the lowest-hanging fruit and the highest 'flight risk'. George Papadopoulos was probably more of a hazard to himself than an investigative tool if he continued to wear a wire. Mueller surely wants to keep him from having some suspicious accident that would silence him. To put it into gangland terms, that canary can sing, but he certainly can't fly.

This investigation is being run as if the participants were mobsters.   
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #563 on: November 05, 2017, 02:22:08 PM »

“LOCK HER UP!!!”

rosin
Rookie
Denmark

« Reply #564 on: November 05, 2017, 02:31:51 PM »

Grin Grin
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #565 on: November 05, 2017, 04:49:31 PM »

I wonder when Trump and the GOP will begin their push to fire Mueller or somehow seriously restrict his investigation.

They’re sweating like dogs.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #566 on: November 05, 2017, 04:58:01 PM »

Considering that two Republicans have already called for Mueller's firing, it's not out of the realm of possibility. Authority comes first with Republicans and any possible threats to their authority will be put down.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #567 on: November 05, 2017, 05:03:32 PM »
« Edited: November 05, 2017, 06:56:42 PM by TexasGurl »

I wonder when Trump and the GOP will begin their push to fire Mueller or somehow seriously restrict his investigation.

Err, I doubt that. If we were talking about your average Republican president, I could believe that, but with Trump, I honestly do not think he can restrain himself. Once the investigation gets closer to his family or maybe some other people he considers important and if they get slapped with their own indictments, it's very easy to see Trump firing Mueller and/or issuing pardons. I mean come on, this is Donald Trump, Grumps. He has spent the past 2+ (or his lifetime?) years breaking rules. I really doubt he can restrain himself, especially when he knows he can insulate himself from real repercussions rather easily.

As for Republicans, or political parties in general, never underestimate their willingness to put party above all else, even if it means shutting down a legitimate investigation just to try and limit damage in the next election(s).
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #568 on: November 05, 2017, 05:09:05 PM »

So I'm guessing Mueller is planning another Monday morning round-up? If he is, it's a 99.8% chance that both Flynn and Junior are going down.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #569 on: November 05, 2017, 05:28:46 PM »

So I'm guessing Mueller is planning another Monday morning round-up? If he is, it's a 99.8% chance that both Flynn and Junior are going down.

The only surprise here is that Flynn wasn't indicted before Manafort
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #570 on: November 05, 2017, 05:31:23 PM »
« Edited: November 05, 2017, 06:57:06 PM by TexasGurl »

Err, I doubt that. If we were talking about your average Republican president, I could believe that, but with Trump, I honestly do not think he can restrain himself. Once the investigation gets closer to his family or maybe some other people he considers important and if they get slapped with their own indictments, it's very easy to see Trump firing Mueller and/or issuing pardons. I mean come on, this is Donald Trump, Grumps. He has spent the past 2+ (or his lifetime?) years breaking rules. I really doubt he can restrain himself, especially when he knows he can insulate himself from real repercussions rather easily.

As for Republicans, or political parties in general, never underestimate their willingness to put party above all else, even if it means shutting down a legitimate investigation just to try and limit damage in the next election(s).

Unless someone named Trump or Kushner is about to be indicted I'm not giving any credence to any Fire Mueller stories.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #571 on: November 05, 2017, 05:35:12 PM »
« Edited: November 05, 2017, 06:57:19 PM by TexasGurl »

Unless someone named Trump or Kushner is about to be indicted I'm not giving any credence to any Fire Mueller stories.

The fact that Trump would fire Mueller because of who the latter indicted, period, is proof that Trump has absolutely no respect for the rule of law.  It's just as corrupt to fire Mueller for indicting Kushner as it would be to fire him for indicting Manafort.

Why is that surprising?
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #572 on: November 05, 2017, 05:48:31 PM »

You mean, other than introducing a resolution to fire him in Congress?

If we had a real justice system, most of the Republican Party would be looking at conspiracy and obstruction charges.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #573 on: November 05, 2017, 06:35:40 PM »
« Edited: November 05, 2017, 06:57:32 PM by TexasGurl »

The fact that Trump would fire Mueller because of who the latter indicted, period, is proof that Trump has absolutely no respect for the rule of law.  It's just as corrupt to fire Mueller for indicting Kushner as it would be to fire him for indicting Manafort.

Why is that surprising?

Firstly, I didn't say he would fire Mueller for that but I'm tired of the stories. And Flynn had been under some investigation since February. Manafort later than that.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #574 on: November 05, 2017, 08:09:21 PM »

“LOCK HER UP!!!”

Since when has Mike Flynn been considered part of the swamp?
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 ... 82  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies