MS Megathread: Hyde-Smith wins by 8
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 06:39:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MS Megathread: Hyde-Smith wins by 8
« previous next »
Thread note

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 73
Poll
Question: ..............
Yes
No
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: MS Megathread: Hyde-Smith wins by 8  (Read 143476 times)
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: December 15, 2017, 02:53:06 AM »

I wish Democrats were as accepting of social moderates/conservatives in red states as Republicans are of social moderates/liberal RINOs in blue states.

In fact - no big difference exist. May be - only on governor level, where Republicans have Baker, Scott (even Rauner, Sununu and Hogan would mostly do too), while the only Democratic governor with substatially different positions from party orthodoxy (socially conservative) is JBE in Louisiana. But on all other levels the situation is almost identical: both party are "activist dominated" right now, and "RINO-hunts" and "DINO-hunts" are permanent practice in both. Both are absolutely intolerant of almost any dissent. American politics (which was VERY interesting when i began to study it, and rather interesting even decade ago) gradually (but quickly) becomes a laughing-stock of world caliber.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #76 on: December 15, 2017, 03:03:56 AM »

"RINO-hunts" and "DINO-hunts" are permanent practice in both. Both are absolutely intolerant of almost any dissent.

Wonderful news! It's about time we crushed the saboteurs.

Idiocy, plain and simple. You will repeat the fate of Soviet Union in very near future then. And formerly great country will be turned into rubbish. Think about it, you fool. If you know how to think of course.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #77 on: December 15, 2017, 03:38:48 AM »
« Edited: December 15, 2017, 03:48:25 AM by smoltchanov »

"RINO-hunts" and "DINO-hunts" are permanent practice in both. Both are absolutely intolerant of almost any dissent.

Idiocy, plain and simple. You will repeat the fate of Soviet Union in very near future then. And formerly great country will be turned into rubbish. Think about it, you fool. If you know how to think of course.

That doesn't even make sense. For a Russian, you sure know remarkably little about the political circumstances faced by the Soviet Union in it's final years to make such an asinine comment. How do you want me to "think about" your bizarre non sequitur, by the way?

I lived in Russia (and former Soviet Union) all those years (80th and 90th), so i not only know everything in details - i experienced all that. Took part in numerous meetings and marches of late 1980th, participated in events of August 1991, gathered signatures for elections, and so on. So, idiots in the West, who "know" everything only from their  TV screens, are of no interest to me. In fact, it's of no importance to me whether YOU will "think" about it or not - you already proved that you can't think... And, as i said many times - i don't spend my time on idiots.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #78 on: December 15, 2017, 03:58:23 AM »

That doesn't even make sense. For a Russian, you sure know remarkably little about the political circumstances faced by the Soviet Union in it's final years to make such an asinine comment. How do you want me to "think about" your bizarre non sequitur, by the way?

I lived in Russia (and former Soviet Union) all those years (80th and 90th), so i not only know everything in details - i experienced all that. Idiots in the West, who "know" everything only from their  TV screens, are of no interst to me. So, in fact, it's of no importance to me whether YOU will "think" about it or not - you already proved that you can't think... And as i said many times - idiots are of no interest to me.

Why don't you explain the relevance of the final years of the Soviet Union in relation to my comment? If you're going to relate the sentiment expressed in my post to a subject of no apparent relation, you should at least be able to provide some sort of explanation.

When 2 halves of population of one country utterly hate each other, when there is no real political competition in most of the country (45% is "red", 45 - "blue" and only 10% - "purple", where real political competition exist), when "hunts" became a norm, and compromise - vanished (an old proverb says that "politics is an art of compromise", BTW), despite only 2 political parties in existence (if you would have 10 - from communist to rightists, and parlamentary system - another matter), when talk about secession or splitting of some states in parts becomes a "norm" too, you don't have good conditions for a long term survival. And i never saw such level of mutual hate as in US. Even in Russia it's somewhat lower. We already had such situation at least twice - in about 1917 (half country - "reds", half - "whites"), and in late 1980 - early 1990th. Both times the stubborness and  an extremism (which now is a main element of American politics in both parties), an approach "either we kill them or they will kill us" led to devastation. You want to follow this road (and you are following it at least last 10-15 years)? Your choice. I will observe with interest.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #79 on: December 15, 2017, 04:24:20 AM »

I would even add that BOTH of your major political parties gradually become "the Communist party of Soviet Union" of Brezhnev's period - with almost zero tolerance for intraparty dissent, and generally authocratic approach to politics in general, and to opponents - first of all. Be proud of it, friends!
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #80 on: December 16, 2017, 02:03:26 PM »

Presley would only stand a chance against Chris McDaniel emergent from a divisive GOP primary.

How would you vote in a Presley vs. McDaniel race? I'm guessing Presley based on your Clinton vote?

Oh yes, most definitely.  I've met Brandon Presley multiple times and he represents where I'm from on the PSC.  I would have no problem voting for Presley over most Mississippi GOP'ers.
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

« Reply #81 on: December 16, 2017, 02:36:27 PM »

I swear to God, if we get a Dixiecrat renaissance out of nowhere...
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #82 on: December 16, 2017, 02:44:39 PM »

You can probably thank Trump.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #83 on: December 16, 2017, 03:14:42 PM »

Cheesy
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #84 on: December 16, 2017, 04:50:28 PM »

I mean hey, if it makes the Democrats drop identity politics and go back to being the JFK party, sure.
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #85 on: December 16, 2017, 04:54:05 PM »

I mean hey, if it makes the Democrats drop identity politics and go back to being the JFK party, sure.

I'm a straight white male and I can be pretty much assured that the GOP is the bigger identity politics party

Not really unless your name is Corey Stewart. A big thing of Hillary's campaign was "I'M A WOMAN" so...
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #86 on: December 16, 2017, 04:59:13 PM »

I'm a straight white male and I can be pretty much assured that the GOP is the bigger identity politics party

Not really unless your name is Corey Stewart. A big thing of Hillary's campaign was "I'M A WOMAN" so...

I have some news for you about who's going to be the Republican nominee for Senate in Virginia next year.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #87 on: December 16, 2017, 05:05:16 PM »

Not really unless your name is Corey Stewart.

Or Donald Trump.
Or Roy Moore.
Or Steve King.
Or Louie Gohmert.
Or Joe Arpaio.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #88 on: December 16, 2017, 05:06:48 PM »

Yeah, if you bring up Clinton, it's fair game to bring up King, Gohmert and Arpaio.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #89 on: December 16, 2017, 10:22:17 PM »

If it makes DEMOCRATS quit identity  politics?!? Huh

Realize that is the entire faces of Trumps ideological Coalition, and has been working voter base for the Republican Party since about 1972. It is only accelerated.

Don't think minorities are the only people who play identity politics, or even the primary purveyors of such garbage.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #90 on: December 16, 2017, 11:44:54 PM »

Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #91 on: December 17, 2017, 12:18:04 AM »
« Edited: December 17, 2017, 12:20:00 AM by Virginia »

If it makes DEMOCRATS quit identity  politics?!? Huh

Realize that is the entire faces of Trumps ideological Coalition, and has been working voter base for the Republican Party since about 1972. It is only accelerated.

Don't think minorities are the only people who play identity politics, or even the primary purveyors of such garbage.

Is that your speech-to-text thingy again Tongue?
RFK Jr.’s Brain Worm
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #92 on: December 17, 2017, 01:20:52 AM »

If the Dems don't win the senate (which is still possible) and if Hatch retires, Cochran would be the President Pro Tempore, aka third in line for the presidency.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #93 on: December 17, 2017, 05:11:53 PM »

If it makes DEMOCRATS quit identity  politics?!? Huh

Is that your speech-to-text thingy again Tongue?

For once no. Tongue the Republican party has lived on the emerging Republican majority Gary from the 1972 election on, which basically merged George Wallace's voters with Nixon's 43% from 1968.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #94 on: December 21, 2017, 06:42:43 AM »

Cochran expected to resign in January according to Politico
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #95 on: December 21, 2017, 09:08:31 AM »

Senator Presley Cheesy
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #96 on: December 21, 2017, 10:08:45 AM »

GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #97 on: December 21, 2017, 10:56:57 AM »

Mississippi politics will be All Shook Up.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #98 on: December 21, 2017, 11:15:52 AM »

Senator Presley will walk into the Senate in his Blue Suede Shoes, while MS Republicans check into Heartbreak Hotel and -

*tackled to ground*
RFK Jr.’s Brain Worm
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #99 on: December 21, 2017, 11:38:16 AM »

Sen. Presley to Trump: "You ain't nothin' but a hound dog"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 73  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length