Update for Everyone VI: What Is and What Should Never Be
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 06:48:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VI: What Is and What Should Never Be
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 ... 79
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VI: What Is and What Should Never Be  (Read 143542 times)
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1150 on: April 26, 2018, 12:40:49 PM »

I was in a lgbtq seminar this weekend, with lgbtq students from around the country. It was really fun- I felt like I'm improving my social skills considerably and I basically hanged out only with people I didn't even know before, which is very impressive for me. I was, naturally, into three different guys in this weekend- the first two I quickly discovered to have a boyfriend (oof) while the third... well, it's complicated. He said he likes my shirt, that he thinks I'm probably photogenic, that I have a "cool vibe" (how even) and that I act like a grown-up (I'm 19 and he's 24). He's also... really pretty (when I told a friend about that he said "look who got flirted with by the hottest guy in Law School", which I won't deny is an ego boost). The problem is, I just feel like I'm out of his league- not just looks-wise (I'm fairly confident about my appearance), but also in age and mannerism. He just seems way above me. I was advised to start talking to him, which I plan to try and do by trying soy milk and reporting my thoughts (he told me I need to try it). But still, I'm afraid of trying to take it further, it just seems like I don't really have a chance with him. He was probably just being nice to a kid.

K scratch that he's also taken. But hey, at least I proved myself I'm capable of falling for new people who aren't my ex so hooray?
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #1151 on: April 26, 2018, 12:50:46 PM »

My sleep schedule is all screwed, and I'm packed with exams this week, with final exams in 2 weeks. Gonna be a brutal few weeks.
Cold War Liberal
KennedyWannabe99
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.53

« Reply #1152 on: April 26, 2018, 10:33:07 PM »

My dad may have had a precursor to a stroke (a TIA) last week (he's 44).

And I just found out that a cyst I have is "probably benign" but could also be cancer (I'm 18). They will be able to definitively say if it is cancer after some blood work, but they won't be able to definitively say it's not for three months. Grrr.

Don't need this right now!

I can kinda understand what you're going through. My father also had a stroke, and my mother had breast cancer. It was a hard time, but we made it through. If it turns out to be cancer (God forbid) you'll need your family to lean on. Mom got through it by having an army of supportive friends and family to be there for her when she needed them. I'll pray for ya, and you can PM me at any point in this if you need someone to speak too.
Thank you
Trans Rights Are Human Rights
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1153 on: April 27, 2018, 06:34:35 AM »

Getting incredibly worried about this brown spot under my fingernail.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #1154 on: April 27, 2018, 09:01:20 AM »

I'll be in Seattle for the weekend. Changed my avatar accordingly.
GM Team Member and Acting PPT WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1155 on: April 27, 2018, 12:12:47 PM »

For some reason my school took like all the music I listen to and put it in restricted mode, so I have literally nothing to listen to. Not even dumb meme garbage songs. There was literally NOTHING WRONG with half this stuff. Ugh.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #1156 on: April 27, 2018, 12:15:26 PM »

For some reason my school took like all the music I listen to and put it in restricted mode, so I have literally nothing to listen to. Not even dumb meme garbage songs. There was literally NOTHING WRONG with half this stuff. Ugh.
I feel like this is probably your fault. I'll talk to you later.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1157 on: April 27, 2018, 09:50:41 PM »

I was thinking about our old poster Anvi today. I went down to St Louis, and while waiting for my wife to arrive by train I watched a round of the US Chess Championship. $10 got you in and you could be in the room with the competitors separated by a simple rope barrier. The contestants included three of the top 10 in the world and watching them felt a bit like having box seats next to the home team dugout during the playoffs. Some liked to sit, some walked around a lot, some watched other games while they waited for their opponents moves. It was quite fascinating as a one time activity.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #1158 on: April 27, 2018, 10:02:57 PM »

how do i convince myself to be straight...
Sunmerican Dream.
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1159 on: April 28, 2018, 10:55:45 PM »

welp, my fling with the girl I had been seeing seems to be over. She cancelled on our last date from last weekend and it started a texting cold war. We have not talked via text since monday and we have been both ghosting each other, essentially.

She has the upper hand on the ghosting (she started it) and while I'm bummed that she is likely not interested anymore I wish she would at least officially end it. I feel like she used me financially and I want some closure, at least.

Sunmerican Dream.
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1160 on: April 29, 2018, 09:05:36 AM »

welp, my fling with the girl I had been seeing seems to be over. She cancelled on our last date from last weekend and it started a texting cold war. We have not talked via text since monday and we have been both ghosting each other, essentially.

She has the upper hand on the ghosting (she started it) and while I'm bummed that she is likely not interested anymore I wish she would at least officially end it. I feel like she used me financially and I want some closure, at least.

Sorry to hear that! Sad Don’t get too broken up over it—I once wasted almost exactly a year on a situation where I never had the stones to make anything explicit.

Thanks. I'll be fine. Sucks that i had to find out through our friend but at least i got confirmation now
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #1161 on: May 01, 2018, 12:33:35 AM »

I’m 95% sure tinder just exists to depress me
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1162 on: May 01, 2018, 07:43:26 AM »

Make your pictures intentionally absurd; add something witty or self-deprecating in your description. Sadly, my advice will only get you as far as matches, not meet ups, but B can’t happen without A.
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #1163 on: May 01, 2018, 01:20:38 PM »

I took a nap a bit ago and in my dream my dad was smoking. I asked him to stop, and he got really angry and started verbally abusing me. Then there were all these people and they were shouting things at me, calling me a slut and all sorts of names. A few of them held me down and were harassing me and touching me everywhere and everyone was laughing. Normally I wake up from bad dreams when I do or something and my friend told me I wasn't asleep for very long but this felt like it lasted forever. My dad doesn't even smoke IRL. I'm literally traumatized right now.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #1164 on: May 01, 2018, 01:25:29 PM »

I have a date in Sunday, hopefully this goes well Tongue The newguyTM is really nice and pretty good-looking, though his anti-birth (literally any birth) philosophy is weird and he's kind of a libertarian (though not really vocal about it so it's fine). Also vegan. A complex person, lol.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1165 on: May 01, 2018, 01:53:27 PM »

I took a nap a bit ago and in my dream my dad was smoking. I asked him to stop, and he got really angry and started verbally abusing me. Then there were all these people and they were shouting things at me, calling me a slut and all sorts of names. A few of them held me down and were harassing me and touching me everywhere and everyone was laughing. Normally I wake up from bad dreams when I do or something and my friend told me I wasn't asleep for very long but this felt like it lasted forever. My dad doesn't even smoke IRL. I'm literally traumatized right now.
Yikes. I have really ugly dreams involving my mom laughing at me while I try and confront her about past stuff, but....never that ugly.

You know what's depressing? I spent like $10 for a month of Tinder Gold because my roommate got it and said it allowed him to see who liked him, but when I did the same, I was very disappointed to find that such a benefit doesn't kick in until after the payment has been made, rather than showing me those who might have liked my profile yesterday.

That or the fact that literally nobody swiped right on my profile, though before I've always got at least one match a week (which usually goes nowhere) so I'm hoping that isn't the case Tongue Serves me right for being suckered into dropping $10 on such a frivolous expense. I could have gotten a pack of smokes with that.
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #1166 on: May 01, 2018, 02:53:16 PM »

Yikes. I have really ugly dreams involving my mom laughing at me while I try and confront her about past stuff, but....never that ugly.

Yeah. Thanks for replying. I have a lot of bad dreams, but this one felt really... real. I don't know what to do. I'm just sitting here with a blanket over me.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #1167 on: May 01, 2018, 02:59:20 PM »

Yeah. Thanks for replying. I have a lot of bad dreams, but this one felt really... real. I don't know what to do. I'm just sitting here with a blanket over me.

Try not to think about it. Our brains can be vicious to us, but it's just our minds, and like most dreams, this one will hopefully fade away soon. Sending hugs, it sounds really traumatizing.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1168 on: May 01, 2018, 03:16:58 PM »

Went to the woods and upon returning discovered myself covered with motherf**king ticks. Not cool.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #1169 on: May 01, 2018, 04:30:55 PM »

im stupid and it makes me so mad
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Slovakia

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: 0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1170 on: May 01, 2018, 11:15:12 PM »

Saw Jordi Savall in concert, along with Carlos Nuñez.  On a couple songs he played a viol that is older than the British colonization of America.  mind blown.
Cold War Liberal
KennedyWannabe99
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1171 on: May 02, 2018, 12:24:02 AM »

Saw the new Avenger's movie tonight. I think I actually hated it.
Pouring Rain and Blairing Music
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1172 on: May 02, 2018, 02:25:00 AM »

New rule for Fubart: Don't fill your water bottle more than half full before going to bed. Because I have butterfingers, I don't have to worry about that tonight.
Cold War Liberal
KennedyWannabe99
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1173 on: May 02, 2018, 11:13:52 AM »

Saw the new Avenger's movie tonight. I think I actually hated it.
After some thought, I don't hate it. I just hate one aspect of it.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1174 on: May 02, 2018, 12:03:40 PM »

I think I just flunked a class. Haven't taken the final yet, but I just bombed a huge project.

Even a D is a flunk in this case...
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies