Update for Everyone VI: What Is and What Should Never Be
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 04:18:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VI: What Is and What Should Never Be
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 ... 79
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VI: What Is and What Should Never Be  (Read 142132 times)
Enduro
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1075 on: April 16, 2018, 10:18:18 PM »

It's not an easy shell to break out of, most especially in public. Would you be able to message her in another way to discuss very privately? No need to turn it into a grandiose show as it probably doesn't help. Even a secluded one where other parties might unexpectedly appear can be difficult. Just steer the conversation that way behind a screen.
There was another girl who was talking with her the entire way out of class...

I may just message her or something.

Good luck with the message, and let us know how it goes!
You don't see any blue avatars now
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1076 on: April 17, 2018, 05:39:26 PM »

I just finished Episodes. I am depressed.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1077 on: April 17, 2018, 11:11:24 PM »

@CathCon: Hope it goes well w/ you and that girl. The girl I'm talking with/going on dates with started off as a "meh, i have nothing going on so I should give her a chance" and its been a decent experience so far.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #1078 on: April 18, 2018, 12:41:02 PM »

Russian final tomorrow and I’ve done almost no preparation. Good thing I’m auditing the class! Mynreal finals are next week. Considering trying to score a date after that.

Edit: Eff it, I texted her.
Edit 2: She’s about it?

Thanks. Now that the days actually here I’m a bundle of nerves.

If you’re of age, perhaps drinking will help. Good luck! Smiley

Can confirm.  Had to Uber home from my first date with my now-girlfriend of 8+ months.  Didn't fill her in on that detail until about month 3, though. Smiley
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1079 on: April 18, 2018, 06:14:51 PM »

My school caught fire yesterday.

I would've gotten my phone yesterday, but the fire was on the floor that my locker is on, and my school has a policy on keeping phones in there. So, I had to go yesterday, today, and tomorrow morning without it. yay
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #1080 on: April 18, 2018, 06:49:24 PM »

I would've gotten my phone yesterday, but the fire was on the floor that my locker is on, and my school has a policy on keeping phones in there. So, I had to go yesterday, today, and tomorrow morning without it. yay
How tf was there a fire in the bathroom?
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1081 on: April 18, 2018, 07:35:48 PM »

How tf was there a fire in the bathroom?

Perhaps someone was smoking and tossed their cigarette/joint in the trash without thoroughly extinguishing it.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #1082 on: April 18, 2018, 08:00:06 PM »

Got stood up for the second time in three months - clearly I'm doing something wrong, but they don't even show up to give me a hint as to what it might be.

To anybody on Atlas who has done this, what factors might make you say yes to going out with someone, but then change your mind at the last minute without telling them?
Feeling sorry for him at the time, thean realizing that ismt a good rewson to potentially start a relationship.

Can you please stop posting?
Crumpets - I can guarantee this illiterate gibberish definitely does not apply to you - not that you would take it seriously. I don't know what's happening with limited visibility to the beginnings of straight dating as it is, but I'm sorry someone would act so awfully towards you. The good in me wants to chalk it up to miscommunication, but if there is specific timing being involved, I don't know how easy it is to buy into that. Perhaps misreading tone/excitement, but still unlikely. If I want to believe in the good in people, maybe nerves or maybe they don't want to do more than text yet don't want to hurt your hopeful spirits. Very sorry - you clearly deserve better.

Thank you, that's very nice of you to say. Smiley At least with the second girl I have a mutual friend who told me that she's "going through a lot right now" and became really withdrawn in the days before we were supposed to meet up, so that's understandable and kind of sad. The first girl was an odd person all around, and I have no idea what the story was there, especially because she was the one who more or less took the lead on us meeting up in the first place. I think everyone is just sort of cursed to be more attracted to flighty and "risky" people, and the ones who are solid as a rock and always there for you are the ones you tend to friendzone.
Jeppe
Bosse
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -4.00

« Reply #1083 on: April 19, 2018, 08:22:00 AM »

I got polled by Mainstreet Research last night, so that’s cool.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1084 on: April 19, 2018, 08:26:00 AM »

Got stood up for the second time in three months - clearly I'm doing something wrong, but they don't even show up to give me a hint as to what it might be.

To anybody on Atlas who has done this, what factors might make you say yes to going out with someone, but then change your mind at the last minute without telling them?
Feeling sorry for him at the time, thean realizing that ismt a good rewson to potentially start a relationship.

Can you please stop posting?
Crumpets - I can guarantee this illiterate gibberish definitely does not apply to you - not that you would take it seriously. I don't know what's happening with limited visibility to the beginnings of straight dating as it is, but I'm sorry someone would act so awfully towards you. The good in me wants to chalk it up to miscommunication, but if there is specific timing being involved, I don't know how easy it is to buy into that. Perhaps misreading tone/excitement, but still unlikely. If I want to believe in the good in people, maybe nerves or maybe they don't want to do more than text yet don't want to hurt your hopeful spirits. Very sorry - you clearly deserve better.

Thank you, that's very nice of you to say. Smiley At least with the second girl I have a mutual friend who told me that she's "going through a lot right now" and became really withdrawn in the days before we were supposed to meet up, so that's understandable and kind of sad. The first girl was an odd person all around, and I have no idea what the story was there, especially because she was the one who more or less took the lead on us meeting up in the first place. I think everyone is just sort of cursed to be more attracted to flighty and "risky" people, and the ones who are solid as a rock and always there for you are the ones you tend to friendzone.

Ah, but the “solid” people are supposed to win the Long game, when they’re the only eligible singles left at 35 with good jobs who still touch gym equipment. Tongue
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #1085 on: April 19, 2018, 10:31:11 AM »

I asked her. She said yes. As friends. "I don't want to tie you down, I'm only here for a few more weeks."

She then proceeded to say "as friends" approximately a dozen more times.

FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1086 on: April 19, 2018, 11:10:39 AM »

I asked her. She said yes. As friends. "I don't want to tie you down, I'm only here for a few more weeks."

As terrible as it all is, (1) she’s being forthright with you; (2) the latter part you knew. Do you think you were/areprepared for a transcontinental relationship?
GM Team Member and Deputy PPT WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
« Reply #1087 on: April 19, 2018, 11:11:58 AM »

A busload of guys were screaming "THE SOUTH WILL RISE AGAIN" and the bus driver actually joined them.

Welcome to the south y'all
GM Team Member and Deputy PPT WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
« Reply #1088 on: April 19, 2018, 11:14:08 AM »

also the aforementioned guys shat all over this slam poetry three girls did because it was kinda liberal, for example like twenty people tagged Trump in it. The school had to take it off their instagram page.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #1089 on: April 19, 2018, 11:24:43 AM »

As terrible as it all is, (1) she’s being forthright with you; (2) the latter part you knew. Do you think you were/areprepared for a transcontinental relationship?
I don't know, I thought we could have fun for the short time she's here. But I can totally see why she wouldn't want to fall in love with me and then move an ocean away.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #1090 on: April 19, 2018, 05:40:42 PM »

I can't wait to go back to NYC

I hate Florida with every inch of my scrotum
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1091 on: April 20, 2018, 10:40:46 AM »

This suicide prevention booklet I just got talks of "LGTB and transgendered [both sic] youth". Anyone gonna point out that they mention trans kids twice?
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #1092 on: April 20, 2018, 12:48:41 PM »

We had to put my dog down. He was miniature poodle, 15 years old named Cisco
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1093 on: April 20, 2018, 12:56:49 PM »

Damn, that sucks.
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #1094 on: April 20, 2018, 02:22:27 PM »
« Edited: April 20, 2018, 02:27:42 PM by Angry NJ Man »

I'm questioning my party loyalty (again). Increasingly, I've felt out of step with the national Democratic Party despite being socially liberal and fiscally moderate. I know that I'll be voting Democratic for House and other offices in November, but I feel like with mannerisms and personality, along with certain beliefs that I am to the right on (namely guns), I feel somewhat out of place with the rest of the party.

I know I won't be a Republican since they can't stop giving Trump a reach-around and I can't stand the soc-con Evangelical crazies, but I'm not sure if I belong in the Democrats at this point.

On another note, I will no longer be an NJ avatar as I will be moving to South Carolina to attend the University of South Carolina in Columbia.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix

« Reply #1095 on: April 20, 2018, 03:59:18 PM »

This suicide prevention booklet I just got talks of "LGTB and transgendered [both sic] youth". Anyone gonna point out that they mention trans kids twice?

Seeing you two posting right after each other is confusing. We need to stop all of these D-NC avatars before they lay eggs.
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1096 on: April 20, 2018, 04:02:38 PM »

We need to stop all of these D-NC avatars before they lay eggs.
You're right, one R-IA avatar is enough.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix

« Reply #1097 on: April 20, 2018, 04:08:53 PM »

Just had to explain TexArkana's signature to my mother walking by.

oof
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1098 on: April 20, 2018, 04:13:34 PM »

Just had to explain TexArkana's signature to my mother walking by.

oof

What was your explanation? Tongue
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #1099 on: April 21, 2018, 12:50:35 AM »

Awww  I'm so sorry Sad