Update for Everyone VI: What Is and What Should Never Be
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 07, 2024, 09:55:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VI: What Is and What Should Never Be
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 ... 79
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VI: What Is and What Should Never Be  (Read 142513 times)
Trans Rights Are Human Rights
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #925 on: March 27, 2018, 11:53:14 AM »

Someone made popcorn in my chemistry class, and I asked if anyone else smelled popcorn... only to notice the popcorn less than three seconds later.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #926 on: March 27, 2018, 11:27:57 PM »

goodnight my peoples Yellow heart
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #927 on: March 28, 2018, 01:19:30 PM »

So, I went on a date with a girl last week and it went well and we have a second date this weekend and I'm a bit nervous and trying to get everything right Lol.

Been in a super upbeat mood all week because of it, which is a nice change of pace.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #928 on: March 28, 2018, 01:22:34 PM »

So, I went on a date with a girl last week and it went well and we have a second date this weekend and I'm a bit nervous and trying to get everything right Lol.

Been in a super upbeat mood all week because of it, which is a nice change of pace.

WOOOO
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #929 on: March 28, 2018, 01:26:14 PM »

WOOOO

hahaha yea. Sunrise is humaning for once! haha
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #930 on: March 28, 2018, 01:41:45 PM »

WOOOO

ask what her opinion on geese is.

that's always my first question
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #931 on: March 28, 2018, 03:00:46 PM »

WOOOO

“You carry the hopes of us all, little one.”
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #932 on: March 28, 2018, 03:18:03 PM »

WOOOO

“You carry the hopes of us all, little one.”

Careful.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #933 on: March 28, 2018, 03:22:25 PM »

PR's Update:

My best friend since early childhood got married a few weeks ago, and I was a groomsman (his older brother was the best man). So awesome. Cheesy

As for me, I've started tutoring part-time within the couple of weeks - middle schoolers and high schoolers mostly. Enjoyable! Smiley
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #934 on: March 28, 2018, 03:47:34 PM »

Yass congrats!

My parents have signed an agreement with buyers for our house, so we're finally going to be moving. We're right now in a six-room house, and we'll probably move to a four-room apartment. The reason is that my parents don't need six rooms, our neighbour has been harrassing us for years, and my parents really, really need the money to close a huge debt my sister got herself and them into. I'm hoping it means my family can start being economically stable.
In similar news, I'm going to start working, which means that I'll have a tight uni schedule, but it's for the best.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #935 on: March 28, 2018, 07:58:29 PM »

Just found out I scored very, very well on the SAT.
Interesting. If you don’t mind me asking, exactly how well?
Interesting. My one and only score (before studying at all - I just took it) got me ~1450. I’ll study before I take it again. It’s weird because normally I’d do 99th percentile on everything for standardized tests(Only got 97/98th for this), but then again I guess people study a lot more for this. Did you do Duke TIP?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #936 on: March 29, 2018, 02:51:31 AM »

PR's Update:

My best friend since early childhood got married a few weeks ago, and I was a groomsman (his older brother was the best man). So awesome. Cheesy

As for me, I've started tutoring part-time within the couple of weeks - middle schoolers and high schoolers mostly. Enjoyable! Smiley

How did you manage to get that gig?
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #937 on: March 29, 2018, 06:17:04 PM »

Our school was just under lockdown for an hour and a half after someone phoned in a threat.

This is (at least) the third time since Parkland something like this has happened at a high school in the area.
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #938 on: March 29, 2018, 07:05:13 PM »

I'm thinking about writing a timeline where I go from being a state rep to Governor of Virginia to POTUS, but could use a co-writer. Is anyone interested?
Pessimistic Antineutrino
Pessimistic Antineutrino
United States

« Reply #939 on: March 29, 2018, 09:16:53 PM »

Accepted to UCLA! Great news to end today coming off of my bracket taking repeated Ls and an L from UChicago.

11 rejections later it appears that UCLA will be my home for the next four years. Going to visit in a few weeks with some friends who are in the same boat. I'm still devastated by all the failures but I'm strangely excited now. After all this time, I finally know where I'm going - that in itself gives me some comfort.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #940 on: March 29, 2018, 10:44:44 PM »

One of my friends has decided to enter the religious life and I'm very excited for her! The Lord made a true conversion in her heart and now she is giving totally to Him and His Sacred Heart! Praise be to God!
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #941 on: March 29, 2018, 10:45:59 PM »

Accepted to UCLA! Great news to end today coming off of my bracket taking repeated Ls and an L from UChicago.

11 rejections later it appears that UCLA will be my home for the next four years. Going to visit in a few weeks with some friends who are in the same boat. I'm still devastated by all the failures but I'm strangely excited now. After all this time, I finally know where I'm going - that in itself gives me some comfort.

You'll be attending a great school in a great state. Not so great a city IMO, but that's probably just my Bay Area bias. I wish you the best of luck in your future pursuits.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #942 on: March 29, 2018, 11:53:48 PM »

My surgery went well, I'm still in quite a bit of pain. Dr wants to keep checking on it.
Ye We Can
Mumph

« Reply #943 on: March 30, 2018, 02:15:40 AM »

Had to go to a Jewish Cabaret performance at my college as per an assignment for class.  Got there on time, took a seat at a table by myself, and waited for it to start.  A dude and a girl from my class came in after and sat on either side of me at the same table, despite the fact that there were open tables and seats elsewhere. I keep a low profile in class usually, and just historically am not used to being approachable I guess, so it surprised me in a positive way. 

Later on my way home (kinda late and after dark at this point) I saw some girl run across the side street I going down while being followed by a couple people I couldn't really make out.  They passed me and went behind a house, girl was still screaming, and I paused for about 15 seconds deciding whether to keep going or stop and see what was happening.  I decided I didn't want to be that guy who walks past a rape or something and walked back there. The two people following her were standing in the driveway and turned out to be her parents, and I guess the girl was freaking out about a relationship or something, not anything real bad, and I left them alone.

Wasn't that big of a deal, but am proud of myself for overcoming the bystander effect.  I know if that would of happened a few years ago I would of just kept walking.
Pessimistic Antineutrino
Pessimistic Antineutrino
United States

« Reply #944 on: March 30, 2018, 02:31:10 PM »

You'll be attending a great school in a great state. Not so great a city IMO, but that's probably just my Bay Area bias. I wish you the best of luck in your future pursuits.

Thanks! Haven't been to the West Coast much so it'll be a new experience for me but I'm looking forward to it.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #945 on: March 30, 2018, 02:32:17 PM »

Damn Scott, I really wish I were there to talk with you in person at this difficult moment.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #946 on: March 30, 2018, 03:25:15 PM »

Damn Scott, I really wish I were there to talk with you in person at this difficult moment.

Thank you.

I'm sorry, I deleted my original post.  I don't like airing that crap in public but I just needed to vent.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #947 on: March 30, 2018, 05:43:00 PM »

PR's Update:

How did you manage to get that gig?

The old-fashioned way.

Nepotism. Wink
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #948 on: March 30, 2018, 11:56:50 PM »

Bought a cactus yesterday, it had three yellow flowers growing from the top. They felt unusually papery and turns out they were glued on by the store so it would sell easier.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #949 on: March 31, 2018, 02:15:26 AM »

I’m flying to Seattle tomorrow.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length